Stop nerfing us

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I didn’t say you had to use stealth. It was in parentheses. You have other ways to cleanse.

Basically TL;DR, sorry, uh, stunbreakers and cleanses, ever heard of them? If you keep arguing that CC’ing a thief = instant thief dead I’d like to see you take a hammer warrior and beat MY thief with it. Otherwise, I maintain you are an awful thief.

Lol! Who made you the official Thief rater, Mr. Ranger? Warriors are easy. Try taking on a decent Engineer with your Thief. See how long it takes for the Net Turret/Glue Shot barrage to kitten you off while the Rocket Turret and other pistol attacks whittle you down. You can bet the engi is going to have an easy time keeping you away while you burn every cleanse and stunbreaker you have just to try to get to them.

Of course, you completely ignore the fact that we are not talking about 1v1.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

CC’s? Cleanses? Stunbreakers?

Wtf are you talking about dude, I’m a WvW hero… all I know to do is to spam a few keys and running away when i kitten it up !

And yes, it’s completly unfair that I’m not able to run away from 20 guys 100% percent of the times, I mean… I’m a thief you know, i should be able to catch everybody and at the same time able to escape from everybody, that would be really fair and funny for everybody else,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Did you know that the moment the Thief gets CCed its game over?

This is the biggest lie I’ve ever read in the Thief forum.
Since when CC do something to thieves?

When the other player knows how to play.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Didn’t you hear? Stealth gives unstoppable and invincibility!

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Azraeel.1238

Not only that, but all our utilities have a stunbreak in them, and cooldown is 1 second. So we can spam it and never get caught!

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Not only that, but all our utilities have a stunbreak in them, and cooldown is 1 second. So we can spam it and never get caught!

And they all apply 5 minutes of stealth. :O

EDIT: AND OMNI-CLEANSE!

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Azraeel.1238

And they all apply 5 minutes of stealth. :O

EDIT: AND OMNI-CLEANSE!

Not to mention we lose all the conditions on us as soon as we enter stealth, regain full health, all that while doing 30k backstabs! Don’t forget, backstab is a ranged attack!

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

How stupid thief forum frequenters are?

Please, tell me another profession which has a stunbreaker on no cooldown (Shadow Return). Tell me another profession which has the same access to no-casting-time teleports which save your kitten when you are under CC. Tell me another profession with the same access to stealth (you cannot be CCed when in stealth unless the CC is AoE and nobody wastes an AoE CC if they aren’t entirely sure they will hit the target).

Seriously guys, you need to play other professions or you need to learn to play your profession. When I’m on my thief, I feel like it’s easy mode against CC.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Azraeel.1238

Please, tell me another profession which has a stunbreaker on no cooldown (Shadow Return).

I will assume you mean shadow return from sword skill, the one from utility shadowstep HAS a cooldown. Other than the fact that this wastes an attack skill for more mobility, it uses initiative which means if you spam it, you are actually not attacking.

Tell me another profession which has the same access to no-casting-time teleports which save your kitten when you are under CC

mesmers: Phase Retreat.

Tell me another profession with the same access to stealth (you cannot be CCed when in stealth unless the CC is AoE and nobody wastes an AoE CC if they aren’t entirely sure they will hit the target)

Mesmers and Engineers have Stealth, and you CAN be CCed while in stealth, thieves only cure one condition every 3 seconds while in stealth, and most probably it will be wasted as soon as they enter stealth, unless you failed to actually attack them.

Seriously guys, you need to play other professions or you need to learn to play your profession. When I’m on my thief, I feel like it’s easy mode against CC

I have 4 80s, and you need to learn to play your other professions.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

How stupid thief forum frequenters are?

Please, tell me another profession which has a stunbreaker on no cooldown (Shadow Return). Tell me another profession which has the same access to no-casting-time teleports which save your kitten when you are under CC. Tell me another profession with the same access to stealth (you cannot be CCed when in stealth unless the CC is AoE and nobody wastes an AoE CC if they aren’t entirely sure they will hit the target).

Seriously guys, you need to play other professions or you need to learn to play your profession. When I’m on my thief, I feel like it’s easy mode against CC.

I’m usually able to escape most situations too, that said, I’m way more of a beast on my HGH Engie than any thief I’ve ever seen.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

I will assume you mean shadow return from sword skill, the one from utility shadowstep HAS a cooldown. Other than the fact that this wastes an attack skill for more mobility, it uses initiative which means if you spam it, you are actually not attacking.

What kind of reasoning is it?
Of course you’re not attacking if you’re breaking stun.

Tell me another profession which has the same access to no-casting-time teleports which save your kitten when you are under CC

mesmers: Phase Retreat.

Same access. Did you read what I’ve wrote?
Thieves have: Infiltrator’s Strike (Shadow Return), Shadowstep (Shadow Return), Steal and Infiltrator’s Signet. I count more save-your-kitten teleports on thieves then on Mesmers.
But anyway, it’s kinda silly you bring into topic a ridiculously OP profession to say thieves have poor anti-CC management.

Tell me another profession with the same access to stealth (you cannot be CCed when in stealth unless the CC is AoE and nobody wastes an AoE CC if they aren’t entirely sure they will hit the target)

Mesmers and Engineers have Stealth, and you CAN be CCed while in stealth, thieves only cure one condition every 3 seconds while in stealth, and most probably it will be wasted as soon as they enter stealth, unless you failed to actually attack them.

Nope, you can’t. Only AoE CCs affects people in stealth because, while you’re in stealth, you don’t have a target.
People usually don’t use their long-cooldown AoE CCs on stealthed people guessing where they are and, unless the thief is that stupid to stand still after he stealthed, enemy won’t know for sure where you are.

I have 4 80s, and you need to learn to play your other professions.

Jeez, you’re a pro. I’m sorry, my lord.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Azraeel.1238

What kind of reasoning is it?
Of course you’re not attacking if you’re breaking stun.

I said you won’t be attacking IF YOU SPAM IT, and not you won’t be attacking if you used it once. Meaning, the more you use it, the more you use up your initiative, the less you are actually doing any damage, the less you are capable of defeating your opponent. This is totally disregarding the fact that it is preceded by a skill, and the fact that it doesn’t last long before you have to use the main skill again.

Same access. Did you read what I’ve wrote?
Thieves have: Infiltrator’s Strike (Shadow Return), Shadowstep (Shadow Return), Steal and Infiltrator’s Signet. I count more save-your-kitten teleports on thieves then on Mesmers.
But anyway, it’s kinda silly you bring into topic a ridiculously OP profession to say thieves have poor anti-CC management.

Mesmers got Blink, Phase Retreat, Portal Entre. So I guess that counts as “Same Access”? Didn’t know I had to list all the skills for you to acknowledge it…. Moreover, you said tell me another profession, and I told you one. The only silly thing is people complaining against thieves more than they do against Mesmers.

Nope, you can’t. Only AoE CCs affects people in stealth because, while you’re in stealth, you don’t have a target.
People usually don’t use their long-cooldown AoE CCs on stealthed people guessing where they are and, unless the thief is that stupid to stand still after he stealthed, enemy won’t know for sure where you are.

This is way more situational than how simple you made it sound. If the thief is in stealth, he is either on the run, or going for a backstab. Each and every class got access to cheap AOE, whether it was from Utility or weapon skill. Some are even coupled with cripple, Daze, and other. Of course if you waited too long before applying the field you wont know where the thief is, but the doesn’t magically teleports on stealth unless he uses one of his skills/utilities, and guess what? That’s one less escape route after he appears.

I’m not even a pro and I can keep going on and on, so pro’s will just laugh at your over-confident thief.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

IF is so bugged, that in a zergfest you will get stunned even befor the icon turns into the circle of SR. resulting in 2 init wasted and no return available.

Regards to sth written here earlier:
A good warrior can not lose if traited for duelling. Either with huge cleave AoE attacks or chain cc-ing he will kill a thief. The thief always can run (really always). But talking about duels, you dont run and you dont reset the fight.

If the thief wins, then because his skilllevel was pretty much above the warriors.

The tracking of eviscerate is a pain in the kitten and most of them will chill and cripple permanently.

The F1 on hammer with sigil of paralization, followed by shield bash and eviscerate even when in stealth), will make a thief have to use all his cooldowns to survive.

Even p/d thief should lose, if the warrior builds for killing him and he does not flee the fight.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

I said you won’t be attacking IF YOU SPAM IT, and not you won’t be attacking if you used it once. Meaning, the more you use it, the more you use up your initiative, the less you are actually doing any damage, the less you are capable of defeating your opponent. This is totally disregarding the fact that it is preceded by a skill, and the fact that it doesn’t last long before you have to use the main skill again.

Who talked about spamming?
We are saying that Infiltrator’s Strike and Shadow Return are, in fact, stunbreakers on demand. If you need to spam it to break the stuns, you’re probably being focused by 2+ players and you might want to disengage. IS helps you to do so too.

Mesmers got Blink, Phase Retreat, Portal Entre. So I guess that counts as “Same Access”? Didn’t know I had to list all the skills for you to acknowledge it…. Moreover, you said tell me another profession, and I told you one. The only silly thing is people complaining against thieves more than they do against Mesmers.

I’ve not complained about thieves a single time in this topic.
I’ve just said that saying that thieves are susceptible by CC is an huge lie.
They are by design the profession which is less affected by CC.

This is way more situational than how simple you made it sound. If the thief is in stealth, he is either on the run, or going for a backstab. Each and every class got access to cheap AOE, whether it was from Utility or weapon skill. Some are even coupled with cripple, Daze, and other. Of course if you waited too long before applying the field you wont know where the thief is, but the doesn’t magically teleports on stealth unless he uses one of his skills/utilities, and guess what? That’s one less escape route after he appears.

I’m not even a pro and I can keep going on and on, so pro’s will just laugh at your over-confident thief.

Just a dodge is enough to get out of the hot area in which your enemy think you are. Considering the reaction time plus some internet latency, if you are smart enough to get out of that area, you have all the time to do so and you won’t be susceptible by any AoE or CC.

Cheap AoE aren’t coupled with CC btw.

Actually, it is you who are denying a Thief feature (provided by design) in order to say how weak thieves are and how easy is to kill them. If there is something here who understand the game, it is probably laughing at you, not me.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Azraeel.1238

Who talked about spamming?
We are saying that Infiltrator’s Strike and Shadow Return are, in fact, stunbreakers on demand. If you need to spam it to break the stuns, you’re probably being focused by 2+ players and you might want to disengage. IS helps you to do so too.

Infiltrator’s Strike/Steal can only be considered as a CC breaker if you were knocked down, you will need the shadow return/actual breakstun to cure any effects. Moreover, if you run out of initiative, the “on demand” part will get moot for Infiltrator’s Strike/shadow return.

I’ve not complained about thieves a single time in this topic.
I’ve just said that saying that thieves are susceptible by CC is an huge lie.
They are by design the profession which is less affected by CC.

I’ve seen you nag how easy playing a thief is, and how stealth is OP, more than once. You are basing your whole argument over a specific build. Of course if you build, whatever class you play, over mobility, you will be less susceptible to CC. In your argument, a thief must carry a sword on main hand, Shadowstep and infiltrator’s signet as utilities, and at least 10 in shadow arts to be even close to what you are suggesting. Guess what? Not everyone runs this build!

Just a dodge is enough to get out of the hot area in which your enemy think you are. Considering the reaction time plus some internet latency, if you are smart enough to get out of that area, you have all the time to do so and you won’t be susceptible by any AoE or CC.

Cheap AoE aren’t coupled with CC btw.

Yeah, the famous dodge argument, basically you were standing there taking all the damage to the face the first 4 seconds after revealed…
Even if the AOE was coupled with cripple/chill will be a good hindrance to a thief.

Actually, it is you who are denying a Thief feature (provided by design) in order to say how weak thieves are and how easy is to kill them. If there is something here who understand the game, it is probably laughing at you, not me.

I’m not saying thieves are weak, and I’m not saying they are easy to kill. All I’m saying that they aren’t as OP as everyone keeps crying about. The joke’s on you for trying to make them sound so!

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

@azraeel:
1. Steal and IR works as half cc breaker with any cc which doesn’t put your skills on recharge. If you ran out of initiative and you have your shadowstep on recharge, then it’s your fault. Most profession in this game have half the cc hate the thief has. Only mesmer has about the same anti-cc capability, but we all know how mesmers need to be seriously looked at.

2. Aren’t all thieves running the build I’m talking about?

3. You dont necessarely need to dodge. You just have to move away after you stealthed. You might want to dodge away if your enemy is that to insantly use his AoE cc after unstealthed or you are being focused hard. In both cases, it is a well spent dodge, because you succeded to disengage an unfavourable situation.

4. The only things I’ve said to be too strong lately are the ridiculous amounts of dodges some builds have and the spammability of FS. I love how you change the subject of the argument.
This kitten started because I’ve said that thieves aren’t susceptible to cc as much as any other profession is. In fact they have one of the best, if not the best, anti-cc capability in the game.
Do you disagree about what I’ve said? No? Then we have nothng to argue about.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

I love how people who don’t main thieves or use them very much come on here and tell those who do main thieves that they don’t know how to play their class.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Engels.8537

There you have your balance dude,

Attachments:

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Notice the dmg of air elemental…380 dmg.. XD

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

That looks like the thief was wearing soldiers and critted on LS.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

@azraeel:
1. Steal and IR works as half cc breaker with any cc which doesn’t put your skills on recharge. If you ran out of initiative and you have your shadowstep on recharge, then it’s your fault. Most profession in this game have half the cc hate the thief has. Only mesmer has about the same anti-cc capability, but we all know how mesmers need to be seriously looked at.

2. Aren’t all thieves running the build I’m talking about?

3. You dont necessarely need to dodge. You just have to move away after you stealthed. You might want to dodge away if your enemy is that to insantly use his AoE cc after unstealthed or you are being focused hard. In both cases, it is a well spent dodge, because you succeded to disengage an unfavourable situation.

4. The only things I’ve said to be too strong lately are the ridiculous amounts of dodges some builds have and the spammability of FS. I love how you change the subject of the argument.
This kitten started because I’ve said that thieves aren’t susceptible to cc as much as any other profession is. In fact they have one of the best, if not the best, anti-cc capability in the game.
Do you disagree about what I’ve said? No? Then we have nothng to argue about.

Warrior or ele traited for cc reduction, plus melandru runes and lemongrass. -96% cc reduction, no need for anti cc when immune

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Engels.8537

I’m talking about balance because I know this game, and because I play all classes, including the thief,

I’m sure the only class you play is the thief, that’s why you will defend it at any cost,

I was wearing rabid, so what?

There’s always an explanation, isn’t?

Do you have any idea of how much time takes me to do 6K damage?

This is why i’m able to complain…

Now go and roll a necro,

Attachments:

(edited by Engels.8537)

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zumy.6318

How much Time does it take a warrior, Glass Guardian, shatter Mesmer or an actually good necro to deal it. Wanting to deal that damage in your condinecro shows your knowlegde about your build and its role.

Skillless random casual that comes here to rant in every thread.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

Warrior or ele traited for cc reduction, plus melandru runes and lemongrass. -96% cc reduction, no need for anti cc when immune

Which trait exactly gives CC reduction?
As far I remember, thieves are able to run Melandru runes and lemongrass too.

How much Time does it take a warrior, Glass Guardian, shatter Mesmer or an actually good necro to deal it. Wanting to deal that damage in your condinecro shows your knowlegde about your build and its role.

Yeah, roll a Necro and try to deal 6k damage with a single hit in PvP on a 2.6k armor character. Please, do that and make a screenshot.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

I’m talking about balance because I know this game, and because I play all classes, including the thief,

I’m sure the only class you play is the thief, that’s why you will defend it at any cost,

Now go and roll a necro,

So what I am taking from this post is

“It’s OP that I can’t do as much front loaded burst as a single target burst class specced for single target burst with my damage over time conditions on a non burst class.”

Logics.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zumy.6318

All of those dealing hard aoe and having aoe control btw.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Engels.8537

6K with a single strike… on 2600+ armor… plus you are taking up two boons from your enemy for 3 Initiative… totally fair yep,

What i was thinking? Sorry sorry guys, i’m so sorry,

EDIT: Please zummy post a screenshot from your char panel, and your tpvp level,

I just wanna know if you are ignorant or just hypocrite,

(edited by Engels.8537)

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Shemsu.8721

Yeah, roll a Necro and try to deal 6k damage with a single hit in PvP on a 2.6k armor character. Please, do that and make a screenshot.

warrior
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dogged_March
33% added cc reduction

Elementalist
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Geomancer%27s_Freedom
33% added cc reduction

Both of these traits combine with melandru and lemongrass, no other classes can achieve this total cc reduction. Knowledge is power, pay attention more before you whine

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zumy.6318

6K with a single strike… on 2600+ armor… plus you are taking up two boons from your enemy for 3 Initiative… totally fair yep,

EDIT: Please post a screenshot from your car panel, and your tpvp level zummy,

Actually it is four init. Dont be sorry mate, just L2P and stop embarassing yourself all over this forum.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

EDIT: Please zummy post a screenshot from your char panel, and your tpvp level zummy,

Doesn’t know the init. cost of FS-LS…wants to talk about balance in relation to init. cost. 2600 armor lol. My char is in straight zerkers and has 2600 armor. You are acting like that is a high amount of mitigation…

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Engels.8537

EDIT: Please post a screenshot from your car panel, and your tpvp level zummy,

Actually it is four init. Dont be sorry mate, just L2P and stop embarassing yourself all over this forum.

No screen?

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zumy.6318

Everybody can grind to Tiger little hotjoin hero.

Rabbit Fah teh wunz

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Now go and roll a necro,

Everyone lost their right to complain when they continued to argue even after thief forums gave up their secrets. :I sorry

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

warrior
33% added cc reduction

Elementalist
33% added cc reduction

Both of these traits combine with melandru and lemongrass, no other classes can achieve this total cc reduction. Knowledge is power, pay attention more before you whine

What do you exactly mean with CC?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control_effect
I think you don’t even know what the acronym stands for.

BTW I’m still waiting for someone making a screenshot of him dealing 6k damage with any of the Necro skills with any build in the same time window.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

warrior
33% added cc reduction

Elementalist
33% added cc reduction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_control_

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

You know that every game is different and that there is a reason of why cripple and chill are not considered CC in GW2, right?
Because if we fall into the wide meaning of the term, pretty much every condition and boon is a control in this game.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Yeah but universal gaming terms trump individual gaming terms. Using status effects that limit the abilities of those effected is called Crowd Control no matter what anyone says.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Shemsu.8721

warrior
33% added cc reduction

Elementalist
33% added cc reduction

BTW I’m still waiting for someone making a screenshot of him dealing 6k damage with any of the Necro skills with any build in the same time window.

What do i mean with control? lets look at the gw2 wiki shall we
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control

The first three condi’s listed under control are cripple, chilled immobilize, which oddly enough is exactly what the traits i linked effect. Crazy huh?

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

What do i mean with control? lets look at the gw2 wiki shall we
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control

The first three condi’s listed under control are cripple, chilled immobilize, which oddly enough is exactly what the traits i linked effect. Crazy huh?

Yeah, but if you look futher you’ll see that also blind, weakness, retaliation, confusion, blocks, reflection and poison are listed as control. Pretty much everything which isn’t damage is control.

But since we are talking about Crowd Control, which, according to the wiki, are only the hard CC skills (read disables), what you’re saying makes no sense.

I wonder if you really played this game, because you’d know that everyone refer to disables as CC while movement impairments skill are just called “conditions” or, inherited from GW1, snares.

Yeah but universal gaming terms trump individual gaming terms. Using status effects that limit the abilities of those effected is called Crowd Control no matter what anyone says.

This is absolutely untrue.
Specific definitions always triumph over general definitions.
It has always been like that.
It usually works that when the term isn’t redefined in the specific environment, it inherits the general definition, but while it is redefined, the specific definition wins over the general.
Since developers themselves used the word “CC” referring to disables, there is nothing to argue about here.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Shemsu.8721

Wow, splitting hairs much? Well if you want to continue down this course fine. Then to your list of specific cc, the best counter would be stability, which thief has the LEAST access to of all classes.

Its so dark in the forums these days, we need dawn to come and turn all these trolls to stone

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

Wow, splitting hairs much? Well if you want to continue down this course fine. Then to your list of specific cc, the best counter would be stability, which thief has the LEAST access to of all classes.

Its so dark in the forums these days, we need dawn to come and turn all these trolls to stone

It’s not splitting the hairs. I’m just saying that you criticized one of my posts just because you did not understood what I meant.

Stability isn’t the best counter to CC. It is only useful to stomp people because in most cases it is on a very short duration and on a long cooldown.
Having easy access to stunbreaker is far superior then having stability. That’s why people usually carry two stunbreakers instead of a stability skill.
Thief has the best stunbreakers in this game.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

This is absolutely untrue.
Specific definitions always triumph over general definitions.
It has always been like that.
It usually works that when the term isn’t redefined in the specific environment, it inherits the general definition, but while it is redefined, the specific definition wins over the general.
Since developers themselves used the word “CC” referring to disables, there is nothing to argue about here.

Since when? This is a video game that has video game stuff. Universal CC is part of that video game stuff regardless of what the devs say. Would I be correct if I made my own game and described DPS as “the number of times you hit your target in a minute”? No because DPS means Damage Per Second, the average amount of damage dealt per second over a length of time.

Dev CC =/= CC.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

Since when? This is a video game that has video game stuff. Universal CC is part of that video game stuff regardless of what the devs say. Would I be correct if I made my own game and described DPS as “the number of times you hit your target in a minute”? No because DPS means Damage Per Second, the average amount of damage dealt per second over a length of time.

Dev CC =/= CC.

Just no.
Games are different, so terms are different
CC is a generic term which represents a specific concept.
While DPS is just a mathematical ratio, control is an idea.

While I would say that snare can be considered as CC in other games because they really hamper the ability to deal damage of melee classes, in Guild Wars 2 is different, because snares are more of an annoyance then a real control effect, especially when you consider the fact that there isn’t a real melee class.
There is a reason behind the fact that devs call CC only disables and not snares also.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Stardrift.7360

Stardrift.7360

@sorrow: *heavy breathing: i find your lack of keeping quiet disturbing. It`s obvious u hate the thief. It`s obvious to all thieves that this profession is the most underpowered. Line drawn, things added up = you must be a horrible player if u feel the need to constantly QQ about every thing that sounds good on paper but in reality is just god awful. Oh yeah and about the thief`s uncanny abilities to cleanse CCs, sure lemme equip ONLY stun breakers and i`ll be za best. All in favor of sorrow changing his screen name to besttheorycrafterEU? Here here!

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Azraeel.1238

As far as we know, this means nothing!!!
1- You might have had stacks of vulnerability.
2- The thief might have had stacks of might.

With 10 stacks of might I can do 4k damage using the dagger autoattack on my Necromancer.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

@sorrow: *heavy breathing: i find your lack of keeping quiet disturbing. It`s obvious u hate the thief. It`s obvious to all thieves that this profession is the most underpowered. Line drawn, things added up = you must be a horrible player if u feel the need to constantly QQ about every thing that sounds good on paper but in reality is just god awful. Oh yeah and about the thief`s uncanny abilities to cleanse CCs, sure lemme equip ONLY stun breakers and i`ll be za best. All in favor of sorrow changing his screen name to besttheorycrafterEU? Here here!

Ey /raisedrink

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

sorrow.2364

I main a thief, just saying.
The main difference between people who said thief is UP and me is that I’ve mained Necro at the launch. I’m no more playing that.

I guess that all of you guys think that Thieves is the most susceptible profession to CC?
Yeah, sure.
It doesn’t only sounds good on paper, it sounds goods also in facts. I’ve never considered CC as a problem while playing thief. In fact, it seems that I’m kinda invulnerable to them.

Fact is that while there is a reasoning in my posts, I see nothing in yours.
The only moment when I’ve seen something which resembles to brain cells working in this topic is on Azraeel’s posts.

The rest of the posts are just sarcasm, aggressions and flame. Pretty much the average topic in the Thief forum.

It must sounds awful if someone in the thief forum isn’t horribly biased toward his profession.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: casey.1546

casey.1546

…. CC is thieves’ worst nightmare.

While this is true in some builds, it’s not really the case for most experienced players.

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Stealth needs to have a bigger drawback . Other segments of the thief class need a boost to open up new builds .

Stop nerfing us

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Yep pretty sure all thieves do a lot of fatal errors, only difference is that they can escape with ease… the “non thieves” players can’t,

Good puppy, you are understanding the point !

I can think of 2 classes that can’t escape from fights easily. Necros and engis. Every other class blinks, dashes, or leaps super far ranges that it’s very easy for them to escape fights. Guardian is the only exception of those since it locks the other people away from the guard while being nearly indestructible vs anything other than heavy melee assaults with sporting only moderate leaps and perma swift. Necros and engis can do this too just not as easily as the guard and aren’t able to lock away as big of areas.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid