[Teef] A Thief Forum Guild (Lock pls)

in Thief

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

IGN: Lokí (í = alt + 0237)

Playstyle: sPvP (Mostly) / PvE (Sometimes) / WvW (Rarely)

Server: Sanctum of Rall

Experience: My thief is my first and main character, and I have been playing him since early access and the pre-launch betas. I’ve played the game on and off since release, having only around 2500 hours total in game time (I don’t afk). About 1800 of those hours are on my thief, with a majority of that time in sPvP.

While I consider it a bit arrogant to claim myself to be “high-class”, I feel it is safe to say I know how to play a thief and how to play it well in all formats due to my experience and sPvP focus with the game. I win most of my 1v1s on a thief (especially against other thieves) and I almost never die in a match anymore. I’m also well versed in all of the main builds and weapon sets for the thief.

I’ve also spent some time helping newbie players learn pvp and specific builds, albeit not always on a thief specifically. I’ll leave it up to the leaders of the guild to decide if I’m fit enough to help other players, but I’m mainly joining so I can learn myself. I feel there is always room to improve, and I would love an opportunity to play with some other experienced thieves and learn from them. Of course, if it is found that I am fit to help others, I’ll be more than happy to share my knowledge to those who ask. Though, I find that, like with most things, the best teacher is experience, and having actual 1-on-1 duels and instruction will help more than any answer to a question about theory or mechanics.

I’m looking forward to see what comes of this.

GET BACK ON SOS YOU SCRUB!!! (for those that dont know Loki is my right hand for thieving)

IGN: Cirades
Playstyle: WvW, bit of PvP..
Server: SoS

Been playing Thief since day zero beta, I ran dd before the nerfs and balance patches, flipped to S/p but got bored and now i run a mix of weird D/P that i flop from ( still trying to find a solid D/P build, having a really hard time with either 0,6,0,2,0,6 or the good old Panic strike build) would love some help with roaming i dont do it enough anymore.

Crystal Desert

in Thief

Posted by: Slcrisis.6930

Slcrisis.6930

IGN: Loctis
Playstyle: Mostly WvW and PvP, occasional PvE when there are goodies and skins to collect
Server: Gandara
Experience with thief: Mained thief since beta so I have pretty good knowledge of the class. I mostly spend my time roaming WvW or getting to know other builds/classes in PvP. I don’t consider myself a “pro” but I feel confident saying that I know how to play thief well, and how to handle myself against other classes effectively. Even though I prefer D/D I am well versed with most builds, I believe it’s good switch it up sometimes to learn how to counter other thieves. I’m happy to help others learn and understand the class, and also improve on the class myself as there’s always something new to learn. This would be a good opportunity to learn and play with other teefs, or at least share future nerf hammering together if nothing else

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Updated top post.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Updated top post.

Sorry, just for clarity, was the update to add the event on the 23rd? Thanks! :-)

Ps. Do you know what time the event will begin?

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

Updated top post.

Sorry, just for clarity, was the update to add the event on the 23rd? Thanks! :-)

Ps. Do you know what time the event will begin?

No idea. Whenever the update hits. Cynz is going to host it though.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Omri.8196

Omri.8196

IGN: Xiloquin
Playstyle:All PVP forms
Server: I forgot xD

Going to reinstall the game on 23rd.

Xiloquin – [ 80 Thief ]

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

IGN: Midicronica
Playstyle: PvP
Server: Eredon Terrace
Experience with thief:
Mostly a D/P user, although I’ve experimented with all the builds. Like to swap into venomshare on occasion. Don’t do much WvW as my server is last place on the rankings list and WvW is usually a stomp for us. Currently rank 55 in with 306/574 wins. Also I like to idle in dueling rooms.

in Thief

Posted by: TheShyGuyTheory.2849

TheShyGuyTheory.2849

IGN: Agent Abyssal Flame
Playstyle: A bit of everything,
Server: Crystal Desert
Experience with thief:
1.4k Hours on thief an counting, Use mainly D/P Crit Strike Meta build in WvW but sometimes I use a full zerk 6/2/0/0/6 or 6/2/0/6/0 build with P/D.
In PvP i mainly run Panic, Crit or P/D Celestial as they are the most effective, the cele one is my favorite.
I dont really enjoy S/D or S/P but i do use it from time to time, usually running 2/6/0/6/0 with full signets and might on signet use trait for 20 stacks of might + power of inertia for a full 25 might. its actually suprisingly decent with the assassin signet active.
I have 2 legendary’s dedicated to it, Quip and Incinerator and have full ascended weapons (zerk Sword, a second zerk dagger, a second zerk pistol, zerk shortbow, rabid shortbow)
I have a condi/rabid set on me at all times with adventurer runes, a Valkyrie set for hight level fractals and a bit of hp in wvw (with eagle runes) and a zerk set with scholar runes.
I have full ascended trinkets (zerk) including back piece.

– Shy
Yak’s Bend
Thief / Daredevil Main

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Any specific builds we’ll be running on the 23rd… I know S/D but trait wise….

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Exo.2143

Exo.2143

IGN: Katarína Víctoria (Exo.2143)
Playstyle: PvE
Server: Seafarer’s Rest
Experience with thief: Thief is the profession I play the most, by far. I can do most dungeons with my thief and do what I am supposed to do. I’m not that good yet in PvP with Thief, but I want to improve that.

in Thief

Posted by: Genocide.4506

Genocide.4506

IGN: Ráphaèl
Playstyle: WvW/sPvP
Server: Blackgate
Experience with thief: Well I got 5.3k hours on one of my thieves (I got 3 atm) been playing since September 2012, played with most thief builds, exclusively steps out from wvw/spvp just to do cof/coe/arah for zerk stuff to gear other thieves.. blah blah can I join now?

Blackgate thief :)

in Thief

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

IGN: Rebecca Shadowstep
Playstyle : Mostly PvE
Experience with Thief: Its my second char created since Octombre 2012, i have 1,8k hours on it, i’ve made some “breaks” playing war/guard but since the begining of the year, i’ve started playing on thief. My “area” of playing is mostly PvE, my pc doesnt help me for pvp/wvw ^^.But i want to improve myself, and learn new tricks/tactics, from experienced theefs

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

(edited by SidewayS.3789)

in Thief

Posted by: Decked.8274

Decked.8274

IGN: Talon Thackeray
Playstyle: WvW/sPvP(Rarely)
Experience with Thief: I’ve never been to jail.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yolo, update thread with 23june event link (see guild info or pvp forums)~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

I semi-retired my thief and switched to a necro.

Looks like I ran from one burning building to another. I must be a masochist.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I semi-retired my thief and switched to a necro.

Looks like I ran from one burning building to another. I must be a masochist.

Or a pyro.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

IGN: Alex Romanov
Playstyle: PvP
Server: Dragonbrand
Experience: Played Thief since release and have won outnumbered fights in both pvp and wvw on almost every meta spec as well as my own theorycrafted builds. Prefer power over condi any day on thief and am always ready to jump into a match or execute an enemy zerg or zergling quickly and quietly >:)

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: CaptainShrimps.9143

CaptainShrimps.9143

IGN: Yukiè
Playstyle: PvP and WvW
Server: Yak’s Bend
Experience: I’m a ninja

in Thief

Posted by: TheBin.2357

TheBin.2357

IGN: Swift Bin
Playstyle: WvW PvP
Server: Henge of Denravi
Experience: Played teef for about a year now, I like to run s/d and occasionally d/d when roaming, I recently deleted a charr thief due to clunky animations and I’m now leveling a human thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Levander.1736

Levander.1736

IGN: Lev The Honest
Playstyle: WvW/Maybe PvP in the future
Server: Desolation
Experience with thief: I’m new to thief, around 100 hours at the moment, loving it and definitely gonna stick to it. No drama, open to criticism, willing to learn and chill with other thieves. Also up for dueling/training during my off-time.

in Thief

Posted by: gruntzy.5847

gruntzy.5847

IGN : Naldea Madhen
Playstyle : mostly PvE, sometimes I try PvP, but I’m a real bad PvP teef, need a sensei (and practicing a lot, I guess :p) !
Server : Jade Sea (yeah, French guy, nobody is perfect)
Experience : I’ve started playing GW2 a few weeks after the game was released, and decided to main a Teef quickly. As said, I’m mostly a PvE guy, right now i’m gearing up to get more AR and progress in FOTM. I’m always open to Teef build discussion, and one day, Teefz will rule them all ! (maybe this day has already come, who knows ?)

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

IGN: Dzuzz
Playstyle: WvW/GvG (Focus Party) and sPvP
Server: Aurora Glade
Experience with thief: I’ve been maining Thief for quite a while now. My focus has always been on any form of PvP (no ppt for me in WvW if I can fight!) because of how you can never fully predict the situation and have to adapt on the fly.
Aside of killing other players I’m also a quite avid Theory- and Build Crafter.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Are we going to reschedule the s/d event? Whispers don’t seem to be working today, and most of the online members are not on guild chat.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

not happening
mods throwing thread for it in section that is never visited didn’t help either~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

IGN: Lilora Borgir
Playstyle: WvW and PvP
Experience with thief: im a Scholar^^

in Thief

Posted by: Placebo Effect.4508

Placebo Effect.4508

IGN : Bearr Sharpe
Playstyle : PvP and WvW, mostly PvP since the patch
Server : Northern Shiverpeaks
Experience : Thief has been my main since I started about a year ago. I use D/P mostly, but I like to try out my own homebrew builds. P/P may be inferior, but kitten it, it’s fun being a gunslinger. Despite all the forums moaning about P/P post-patch, I actually think it’s in a decent position for PvP right now. Which is relative to being useless pre-patch against anyone who could dodge/interrupt/block.

The patch has turned my world upside down. Pre-patch I ran a sustain, roaming SA d/p thief in WvW and either sustain or glass cannon in PvP. Post-patch I haven’t played much WvW since my sustain became worthless, and I’m all about the glass cannon builds in sPvP.

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

Updated.

Bounties are close to unlocking.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Light.3294

Light.3294

IGN: Finales Funken
Playstyle: PvE
Server: Fort Aspenwood
Experience with thief: Thief has been my main since launch and I run dungeons nowadays mostly when I’m on GW2. I am very knowledgeable in all dungeons especially Ruined City of Arah. I even made video guides that gained some popularity recently. Hope to hear from an officer soon!

in Thief

Posted by: MADAIR.1948

MADAIR.1948

IGN: Mitsarugi Uchiha

Playstyle: Almost exclusively wvw, pvp

Server: Darkhaven

Experience with thief: I’ve played thief since launch. 2700+ hours on thief, just leveled a second to 80. My style since launch has been mostly been Sword/Dagger builds. I love theorycrafting, I am a theorycrafting junky.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Is it just me or do you guys feel it too? I felt like a toothpick yesterday in pvp.== They have a new rune, yeah it’s marauder… It sucks. Acro is completely broken, s/d is too squishy… Any luck with stats guys?

in Thief

Posted by: Crimtheann.5439

Crimtheann.5439

IGN: Angelssleep
Playstyle: PvE with Casual PvP
Server: Anvil Rock
Experience with thief: I was at first trying to be a necromancer, and it didn’t quite suit me when I first saw it. Well low and behold I made a thief and I fell deeply in love with the play style. I especially enjoy being the sneaky daredevil who puts poisons on them muahahaha. Though I have to say for the sheer time I’ve played I still have quite the way to go really. I want to be able to do the more difficult raids and runs, be a thief that people can really hope to be able to help them. I still am getting my ears wet so to speak really. Apart from that this is my second year with this game I do believe? Though I haven’t made it as far as the other Veteran players being.. more casual then the rest.

in Thief

Posted by: Lewigi.1895

Lewigi.1895

IGN: Venox Rex
Playstyle: PvE/sPvP
Server: Whiteside Ridge
Experience with thief:
I’ve played since release, first character I made was a thief. Found it really hard to learn, but I loved the challenge. I quickly got into the PvE scene, enjoying dungeon runs and after a while, figuring out how to solo them. After a long time of this, I got a little bored. Made a a few other chars, figured out their mechanics, and then decided I wanted to go back to my thief and try out some sPvP. Been running dungeons and mixing it up with sPvP for a while now, and with the recent patch have been spending a lot more time in sPvP making builds and such. Would love to contribute my ideas to the thief community, and hear theirs.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

bump

/15 char

in Thief

Posted by: Dirkman.9367

Dirkman.9367

IGN: Dirkman
Playstyle: anything that goes, but mostly wvw atm
Server: Aurora Glade
Experience with thief: I played thief since launch and have experience with pretty much any build (experience not meaning I’m necessarily good with them). I used to run s/d most of the time, but since last patch I’m back where I started, at d/d. I have a wvw guild so I would love to join primarily for a chat, advices and kittening about nerfs and thief in general

in Thief

Posted by: TheJokersBSeR.2109

TheJokersBSeR.2109

IGN: Munrows Shadow
Playstyle: WvW
Server: BG
Experience with thief: Been playing thief for quite a while now and would like to become better at the game and with thief in general. Mostly played dd, pp, and sd before patch but am struggling atm trying to find something I like with all the trait changes.

Terribaddie playing on TC.
Repping [Back] cuz reasons and banku space ~
Characters are Munrow something ~

in Thief

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

wvw: Found that nerfed thief sustain tools like condi removals and overall increase in damage for all classes made it harder to roam against zergs. Sure you can pick and kill one target easier but I die alot easier too even on valk armor on. I switched to cheese condi dires for the first time in history and it’s more sustainable and survivable in wvw.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in Thief

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

IGN: Bas Flaith
Playstyle: WvW roaming/camp flipping, but I’m wanting to get into PvE dungeons with it.
Experience with thief: I started with thief almost two years ago, but took a long break from the game. My original build was a bleed-spam/evade build, which was fantastic for WvW/PvE roaming, as well as flipping camps. A few months ago I returned and began work on a Knight’s power/camp flipping build using Thieve’s Guild shenanigans to make an easy time of it; but school kept me away for several months. Now I’m back, and relearning the ropes!

In, thank you!

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

(edited by Nachyochez.9758)

in Thief

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

IGN: Rogue Spectre
Playstyle: Mostly WvW, limited PvP
Server: Darkhaven
Experience with thief: About two years roaming experience, hard hitting gank, dueling, GvG, etc. I enjoy eating zerg tails, and breaking into SMC just to wipe all that expensive siege. Started roaming on FC, was a part of several 5-10 man roaming guilds which ended up with paid transfers to DR, SoR, FC (again), then finally DH. Aside from WvW, I have 100% completion on thief, as well as extensive fractal, dungeon, JP, etc. experience from my pve days.

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon

in Thief

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

This entire guild represents what is currently wrong with the thief community. Banding together so you can 1 hit backstab people in WvW and Pvp. Its plain bug abuse.

I will be reporting this thread.

What bug?

We are as Anet made us. Game is being played as intended.

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon

in Thief

Posted by: garland.5193

garland.5193

O_o

Well, ok…

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

IGN: Alvyn
Playstyle: WvW
Server: Crystal Desert
Experience with thief: I’ve been playing since shortly after release, almost entirely WvW. I often roll with larger groups, hanging out on the periphery looking for kills or daggerstorming the blobs. If not that, I’m looking for camps to flip, or roam in small groups.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

This entire guild represents what is currently wrong with the thief community. Banding together so you can 1 hit backstab people in WvW and Pvp. Its plain bug abuse.

Yay our first report! \o/

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

IGN: Oh Hey Girl
Playstyle: sPvP/PvE
Server: Tarnished Coast
Experience with thief: Picked up Thief about 7 months ago and have played it and nothing else. I even stream my sPvP. I would say my knowledge of sPvP thieves in the last meta was fairly strong. I work on builds and have published one for the new meta. There’s always more to learn.

If this guild is active and actually helps out with all things teefy, then count me in.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

in Thief

Posted by: NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

IGN : Ore Wa Itachi Da
playstyle: WvW/ a bit of PvP
Experience: I ve been playing thief for 6 months becomin my main char. My focus is WvW, roming with small groups, and raids GvG. I tried every kind of play, but i ve focused majorly on s/d pre-patch. Now I’m looking for some good playstyle with s/d (that i really like) and I have so many ideas yet. Sometimes I play on sPvP ( I’m Just lvl 49).

in Thief

Posted by: Last.2195

Last.2195

IGN: Lasté
Playstyle: WvW and PVE
Server: Blackgate
Experience with thief: bad. real bad. i just want to “l2p teef scrub"

in Thief

Posted by: Alchemist.9174

Alchemist.9174

IGN: Bio Alchemist
Playstyle: sPvP most, PvE second, WvW third.
Experience with thief: Been playing since release, but have only been playing thief as my main the last year. Mainly run d/p sb in pvp. Don’t really play my other classes anymore as I am having too much fun as thief even with the new patch. Only person in my active guild that runs teef anymore

in Thief

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

Looks like a merry band of Thieves stole your common sense! Make like a tree

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

Looks like a merry band of Thieves stole your common sense! Make like a tree

I’ll ask the leader if he stole it.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Lotus.1682

Lotus.1682

IGN: Twistedlotus
Playstyle: sPvP/PvE —> I play both casually. Used to be more competitive about PvP, now I’m just another casual.
Server: Isle of Janthir
Experience with thief: Pretty much only play thief (Play engi/mesmer sometimes in PvP). Can’t say I’m an amazing thief or anything, but I am definitely better than average. Just looking to have fun! xD

Twistedlotus <Thief> xD
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: Aelle.1723

Aelle.1723

IGN: Aadas (Aelle.1723)
Playstyle: <WvW / SPvP
Server: Tarnished Coast
Experience with thief: I have alot of SPVP experience playing as a thief which I initially had as an alt character. Playing the thief more throughout the past months, I’ve gone full-thief making it my main! The hands-on fast paced playstyle is so addicting.