[Teef] A Thief Forum Guild (Lock pls)

in Thief

Posted by: Invisabit.8569

Invisabit.8569

IGN: Arryn Ebonblade
Thief Type: Scholar
Server: Sea of Sorrows
Experience with thief: I have had a level 80 thief for a while, but just recently decided to switch over full time. Trying to get better at PvP and ganking in WvW. Also looking to find other thieves to discuss strategy with.

in Thief

Posted by: Pubbles.8397

Pubbles.8397

IGN: Pubbles the Asura
Server: Desolation
Experience with thief: I play thief in PvE, and i have been roaming alot recently on Thief. I love playing s/d when im roaming just because i have unlimited amount of dodges. I really want to join [Teef] to learn from other thieves and also maybe looking into start playing d/p. I absolute hate d/p because i cannot play it, therefor it would be amazing to learn!

in Thief

Posted by: Graeaw.6329

Graeaw.6329

IGN: Graeaw

Server: Seafarer’s Rest

Experience with thief: Picked up the game 3 months ago, started a thief right off the bat, leveled an alt and quickly realized that Thief is one of those easy to learn hard to master classes that require extreme control over your opponents if you really wish to shine. I’ve been playing PvE at first but got into WvW and is my main occupation ever since. I wish to join [Teef] because I want to vastly improve my knowledge and mechanics as a thief.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

[Teef] official bump

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Seiroxena.6350

Seiroxena.6350

IGN: Kaishina
Thief Type: Artisan
Server: SFR
Experience with thief: ALOT (Legendary Champion exclusively with Teef)

in Thief

Posted by: Ludakrit.8572

Ludakrit.8572

IGN: Lichkrit
Server: Jade Quarry
Experience with thief: Have zero experience with thief, would love to learn your ways!

in Thief

Posted by: Skada.1362

Skada.1362

IGN: My name gets censored on the forums for some reason. Anet hates thieves that much.
Server: SFR/Vabbi sort of. Gonna transfer to another EU server soon. Haven’t decided yet.
Experience with thief: Around 900 hours, but mained shatter mesmer for 1,5k hours after that until the last patch came out and made mesmers too easy to play all of a sudden. Now im back to thief again after a long time and want to learn more. kek!

I am Derpocalypse. WvW is all I care about. Currently on Piken Square EU.

(edited by Skada.1362)

in Thief

Posted by: Drudgen.6597

Drudgen.6597

IGN: Judge Drudge
Experience with thief: Been my main for 2 years. 99% wvw player. Keen to learn and teach if I can.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

IGN: Delano Darkspur
Thief Type: Artisan/Johnny
Server: Maguuma
Experience with Thief: As a card-carrying rogue in pretty much every game I play, 95% of my GW2 time has been with Thief. I look forward to commiserating with some Thiefbros!

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

IGN: Menara Soundscape
Thief Type: 33% Scholar, 33% Teacher, 33% Artisan; can classify my as scholar – I’ve always got more to learn.
Server: Blackgate, Kaineng(previous)
Experience with thief:

~1500 hours between my thieves. Mostly. I’d say the split would have been 20/20/60(pve/PvP/wvw). I’ve tinkered around with many builds and have strong mechanical grasp once I break down what’s going on. The execution part is what gets me (get to into the fight/match for my own good often).

I’ll duel anyone when we have the time. I’m a poor scrub because I used to experiment a lot (Condi and power variants). Just now coming back from a break but trying to knock the rust off. Perhaps I can help someone else out along the way.

in Thief

Posted by: SpazzyPanda.8527

SpazzyPanda.8527

IGN: Reza Fehn
Experience with thief: Recently have been getting into pvp with my thief, just hit champion shadow always willing to learn intricacies and tricks with the thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Borobot.2674

Borobot.2674

IGN: Liliere
Server: Ehmry Bay
Experience with thief: Mostly casual PvE/sPvP experience, interested in learning from others and willing to share what I know.

in Thief

Posted by: mikexg.7329

mikexg.7329

IGN: Rindaien Redblade
Server: Yak’s Bend
Experience with thief: Made a thief as my first character on launch day. Have been a boomerang player after my first year playing. Just came back and a lot has changed/I forgot a lot. I am a fairly competent player but very rusty. Seems like a great way to not only get back on the horse but maybe one day change my rank to teacher.

in Thief

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

IGN: Muspell Margreve
Thief type: Scholar (I’ve been out of the game for too long to be hip with the meta
Server: Gates of Madness
Experiance: Quite a lot of WvW and PvE playing casually with friends in mostly a 50/50 split focus between spike finishing and team support (my friends weren’t exactly skilled), 60% of my play style is to gather as much enemy agro at the start of the fight to let the classes less focused on survivability make waves.

Secretly creative

in Thief

Posted by: Crowlia.1987

Crowlia.1987

IGN: Aurora Northlight
Thief type: Scholar
Server: Fort Aspenwood
Experience:
Wrong end of backstabs for three years.
20-80 hiding in stealth in WvW.
Started playing my thief again week or two back again and loving it, want to get better and learn.

in Thief

Posted by: GreenPhoenix.2943

GreenPhoenix.2943

IGN: Tacet Percusserit
Experience: Used to main ele, but picked up the thief on a whim and have fallen in love with it. Also, Mostly PvE in silverwastes and Dry top on occassion

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Would be really cool if there was an option which lets you write something to a guild member.
My note would be: “Diehard D/D thief” so people are prepared when they ask me about builds

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yeah guildmate notes would be nice, some games have it…. sadly this one doesn’t :<

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Tykngr.8502

Tykngr.8502

IGN: Aryav Trinity

Thief Type: Teahcer

Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

Experience with thief:
I’ve played thief for my entire Guild Wars 2 career. I started thief about two weeks after launch, proceeding to level from 1-80 purely in WvW commanding & roaming for the first 5-6 months of Guild Wars 2. Returning to the game after a six month hiatus I tried my hand at sPvP, loving the updates that came out while I was cheating on Guild Wars 2, I immediately started to dabble in weird weapon sets and builds desperately trying to avoid D/P (That stuff is amazing, but boring boring boring). Skip a bunch of non-sense and we’re at today, I usually sPvP all morning and then run composition zerg with my WvW guild. I’m eager to help teach new thieves, learning while I’m at it. With the announcement of sPvP league I’ve been toying with the idea of making guides for new players the HoT expansion will be bringing us! Hopfully Teef will be a great place to start.

in Thief

Posted by: Taellan.3654

Taellan.3654

IGN: Taellani
Server: Eredon Terrace
Experience with thief: Playing since launch. I have 2 level 80s and both are thieves. I tend to play them exactly the same, so I’m currently trying out other builds to mix things up a bit. I love the energy and bounciness of D/D! Trying out a venom/support build as well as a P/P something build (working out the details on that one). Looking forward to the new elite spec for some more variety!

in Thief

Posted by: Ayulian.8435

Ayulian.8435

IGN: Ayulian
Experience with thief: I’ve been playing thief as my first character for almost two months now. I’ve had some experience playing around with builds and little tricks in sPvP, been doing a lot of dungeons and fractals, but lack experience in WvW. I wish to learn all there is about thief so that I can have more fun and eventually be able to teach other players how to play thief

in Thief

Posted by: charrgrilledd.1207

charrgrilledd.1207

IGN: Chargrilledd
Thief Type: Wvw/pvp (teacher…kinda)
Experience with thief: Played thief as main for over a year and a half in mainly wvw, focus party, pvp and a little pve.
I generally play a d/p sb build but have previously played s/d and d/d. eager to learn more. I have quite a lot of experience but I think I can always learn more and share things I do know with newer players

in Thief

Posted by: Ivan.3401

Ivan.3401

IGN: The Void Treader
Experience with thief: Played it since launch and have tinkered with most builds as well as trying out new ones that have failed or succeeded (Using S/D effectively before larcenous buff). I’m open to anyone’s questions or opinions and I feel like this would be a great opportunity to get to talk with people of similar or greater experience with the thief. I enjoy teaching new people as well on basics but I haven’t done it often due to a lack of people actually wanting to play thief that I have seen.

in Thief

Posted by: Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

IGN: Diasozo Zu Heltzer
Server: Henge of Denravi
Experience with thief:
Played Thief and Guardian almost exclusively since pre-launch, although I have experience with Warrior and Elementalist as well. I enjoy playing all types of thief builds, and am always looking for ways to push my stats in Pve/WvW. Love to try out new things in sPvP. I put Artisan in the thief type above because that is probably the best descriptor out of those I had to choose from (although, I do enjoy teaching and am a “student” too!).

Looking forward to joining a thief community!

in Thief

Posted by: Overcast.5612

Overcast.5612

IGN: Counda
Experience with thief: I started out with the game hating thief. I was no good at it and couldn’t fight them either. After trial and error and more and more practice I slowly became better in the ways of the teef. I am no master and seek out my fellow thieves to learn more and more.

in Thief

Posted by: Crest Fallen.5916

Crest Fallen.5916

IGN: Taévryc
Thief Type: Scholar/Artisan
Experience with thief: I’ve dabbled in thief on and off since the start of GW2, having made & deleted one 3-4 times. I’ve never fully jumped in to figuring out how to play one best until now. I require le guidance & le teachings! I’d love to learn to play teef in spvp more, though I prefer roaming wvw to spvp.

in Thief

Posted by: battlemaid.5039

battlemaid.5039

IGN: Mister Honeybadger
Experience with thief: Thief has become my main a few weeks ago, and I’ve been doing high fractals with him ever since. I’m looking for opportunities to learn more about this curious and exciting profession in PvE.

in Thief

Posted by: Ankanz.2357

Ankanz.2357

IGN: Wazzzzza
Type: Don’t actually know… I can teach some things but I can also learn more
Server: Gunnar’s Hold
Experience: Mained thief for about two years now and consider myself to be okay

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

Bump. /15topicbumps

Liaison for [Teef]

(edited by Moderator)

in Thief

Posted by: Koalifications.9801

Koalifications.9801

IGN: Sayr Shadowblade
Thief Type: Possibly Scholar or Artisan. I like to tinker around to find new things, but I am still very much learning the details of even some basics, I suppose.
Server: Dragonbrand
Experience with thief: I almost always end up making a thief/rogue class in mmo’s. I started a guardian first. Messed around a little with thief but had trouble adjusting to the stealth mechanic in gw2 a little (I liked being able to toggle on and off stealth {I.e. WoW rogue}, but didn’t get too into it. I got guardian up and then Mesmer to 80. Very quickly, I picked thf back up and have been raining it ever since, for probably about 6 months or so. I plan to continue to main it thru HoT.

Would love to join and learn more and interact with others learning and experimenting.

in Thief

Posted by: mklane.7835

mklane.7835

IGN: Esrah Night
Thief type: Scholar
Server: Gandara.
Experience with thief: i am at the moment in the process of leveling my thief, i am interested in doing pve, pvp and wvw.

in Thief

Posted by: LonePanda.9283

LonePanda.9283

IGN: Lonely Panda

Playstyle: WvW (Hardcore 2-5 man Roaming)

Experience: I’m brand new to thief, although very experienced on all other classes, particularly Mesmer. Currently working on improving my sustain in fights and mastering class mechanics through duels, tpvp and of course roaming.

Siege Burial Expert – #MagSwag

in Thief

Jana.6831

Oh no, haven’t looked into this thread for a while.
Sorry it took me so long, Lone Panda =)

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Aricen.3851

Aricen.3851

IGN: Vash Phantasm
Server: Ring of Fire
Experience with thief: just started playing thief and am trying to improve in every aspect of the game with thief. I mostly WvW roam and do spvp.

in Thief

Posted by: legenduu.4372

legenduu.4372

IGN : legenduu
Role : Teacher
Server : Maguuma (NA)
I feel that i have enough expirience as thief to spread my thoughts and teachings to other players. I am an avid wvw (Roaming) and spvp player. I can use almost all thief builds that are viable, and im open to new builds that is in meta. I main thief and i currently use S/D as my main build. I can help with 1v1 tactics or small fight group commanding. I am most known for my all thief zerg busting group, combining synchronized dagger storms and combo fields.

“Thief is a balanced class” – Anet

(edited by legenduu.4372)

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

>.> I’m kind of curious as to how people are finding this thread/guild…. There’s like a constant trickle of posts requesting to join.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Sailas.9467

Sailas.9467

IGN: Sailas Wolfgrin
Playstyle: PVE, WVW
Server: Sorrow’s Furnace
Experience: Been playing a thief since just after launch. I’ve dabbled in a variety of builds, all of which I have found entertaining. Unfortunately, the gameplay I enjoy the most also happens to have the steepest learning curve… A major hurdle for a casual gamer like me! Would love to pick up some tips and hints, and become a more valuable, well-rounded thief!

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

IGN: Chia Labeouf
Playstyle: All Facets, mostly pvp.
Server: Sea of QQ
Experience: Started as Warrior, play thief more often now. Experimenting with rage builds, interested in teefguilds. Probably half-decent.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

>.> I’m kind of curious as to how people are finding this thread/guild…. There’s like a constant trickle of posts requesting to join.

We are the GW2 version of ebola.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

We are the GW2 version of ebola.

Were you hiding in your cave again when they did the play for “free” announcement?

“I ask you, the game’s veterans, to be the friendly faces that will welcome all these new players to the game.”

“This is the perfect time to bring new players into your guild”

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Jana.6831

snip

Oh, zero, I’m so sorry, I really am!

in Thief

Jana.6831

What’s new [Teef]s?

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

too busy playinf drd i am guessing

(well for my part, i am too busy killing drd thieves with old fashioned sa dp :P)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: WhatLee.6321

WhatLee.6321

IGN: Boomshakalakaboom
Playstyle: sPVP
Server: Tarnished coast
main thief for pve but just recently started pvp

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

IGN: Hatshoo
PlayStyle: sPvP and WvWvW
Play thief exclusively (100% play time) since Beta.

in Thief

Posted by: Inferior Lyrics.5087

Inferior Lyrics.5087

IGN: Silent Lyrics
Thief Type: Scholar/Artisan
Playstyle: sPvP

Experience with thief:
First main, PvE experience and PvP experience. Although I only hop on for short periods of time now, hence the sPvP playstyle.
I would love to help other thieves as well as learn a thing or two myself.
I like theorycrafting builds for sPvP, so people to discuss builds with in the guild would be fun

in Thief

Jana.6831

Bug Fix

/15 char

in Thief

Posted by: Mayhem.4315

Mayhem.4315

IGN: Tartsaf
Experience with thief: I’ve been playing for a few weeks and I’m really enjoying Thief. I’ve been trying to figure things out as I go, but I know I would greatly benefit from some guidance.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

IGN: Slèvïn
Thief Type: PvP and casual WvW
Server: Seafarer Rest
Experience with thief:
I’m playing since the game release and I have over 2500 hour on the Thief class. Sometime I feel bored and quit the game, but I always come back for a new try. I’m Guildless and Teamless right now for a personal choice but I would like to exchange some knowledge and tricks about this class with other veterans.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!