Theif Non Existent?!

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

@Simon

So, it’s the “biggest part of a dp’s in fight defensive sustain outside of stealth”… what you really meant to say is the biggest way to deny/prevent actions/skills.

k, cool.

Was that so hard for you to explain? Or are you too good to explain it to a noob like me?

@Jim

Yeah, fair enough for fun. The only real reason in my eyes is really to pick of stranglers running back to zergs and some of the things Jana mentioned. Besides that it’s kind of useless/pointless.
It might even be bad in some cases, for instance when you’re roaming with the purpose of providing intel (which means, staying alive, and fighting risks that no matter how good you might be)…

Eh, x.x … I should stop budding in on 1v1 conversations, since I find them, 1v1’ing, pretty much pointless.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I just disagree with the way you and the other ranger argue and I disagree with your claims what thieves do, can and should do..

Lol, dude, you didn’t even know DP had teleportation..
if you actually use the time you spent writing all these non sense to learn your own class, you would already be 10 times better.

btw i won’t be responding any more, because i wasn’t even have to argue anything to begin. and btw, try other classes, it will stop your tunnel vision and actually make you know your own class better as well for real.

Good thing you won’t respond, I think I never responded to you – yes once to tell you that I’m not a dude, but anyway:

Fight some S/X thieves and learn what teleports are.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Lumbernuts.9726

Lumbernuts.9726

In my opinion, The theif has alot of “risk” for little “Reward”

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: NeroGuilt.4720

NeroGuilt.4720

Check back in a good year later after a break and people still think their thieves are bad? Rip. I have no issues with an inch thick of rust. I swear the average player skill in all mmos has to drop daily.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Check back in a good year later after a break and people still think their thieves are bad? Rip. I have no issues with an inch thick of rust. I swear the average player skill in all mmos has to drop daily.

If you have no problems in PvP on Thief while being rusty you must be dueling golem dummies. Thief has a high skill floor, because it’s the most squishy class in the game.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: NeroGuilt.4720

NeroGuilt.4720

If you have no problems in PvP on Thief while being rusty you must be dueling golem dummies. Thief has a high skill floor, because it’s the most squishy class in the game.

Being rusty doesn’t all of sudden make you horrible. Just means a few extra little mistakes you have to recover from, which thief has plenty of utility to do. I take pride being on the higher end of things, and have been comfortable with thief since release. Not everyone is bad, though us worth a kitten are harder to find.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

how is it the most squishy class in the game when ele has the lowest HP and armor.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Overall I find LB rangers pathetic. spits

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Yeah sure, I’m absolutely certain that you’re right and my 20 roaming and duelling thief friends certainly agree with that as well – they have no clue.

Hes right I just came back from a long pause which means im super rusty but most thieves in WvW have no clue what they are doing. Half of the thieves that I find while roaming on my blinding ash signet ele kill themself spamming their skills into my fire shield. It doesnt even demands skill from my side. They just dont have a clue what they are doing.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Yeah sure, I’m absolutely certain that you’re right and my 20 roaming and duelling thief friends certainly agree with that as well – they have no clue.

Hes right I just came back from a long pause which means im super rusty but most thieves in WvW have no clue what they are doing. Half of the thieves that I find while roaming on my blinding ash signet ele kill themself spamming their skills into my fire shield. It doesnt even demands skill from my side. They just dont have a clue what they are doing.

Of couse, he is right and you are also right: I mean you encountered maybe 10 thieves that does say something about all thief players in general!
Btw: I meet enough people no matter the class who have got no clue about my class either. No matter whether it’s wvw or PvP – I should go to their forums and tell them that they’re all OP.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Overall I find LB rangers pathetic. spits

Why?

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Lumbernuts.9726

Lumbernuts.9726

Well, All I can say is, I hope Theif gets buffed in expansion or I’m shelving GW2 because i don’t have time to level another profession.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

WTF what’s with all these people saying thieves sucked I thought they were feared by squishies and one, if not the best duelist in the game

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

WTF what’s with all these people saying thieves sucked I thought they were feared by squishies and one, if not the best duelist in the game

Bad players prefer to blame their shortcomings on any little thing they can rather than admit that other players might be better than them.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Mayama.1854

Squishies are not really in the tPvP meta right now so theirs nothing a thief can burst down and people also learned that stealth isn’t god mode.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Thief is still the best group pvp class in the game, it’s just also the worst 1v1 class in the game unless someone doesn’t know how to run from a p/d thief(hold w).

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Puck.9612

Thief is still the best group pvp class in the game, it’s just also the worst 1v1 class in the game unless someone doesn’t know how to run from a p/d thief(hold w).

…..and ignore the fact that thieves have the best mobility in the game?

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Not as p/d they don’t. It’s like dying to a PU mesmer.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Puck.9612

and what do you run as a secondary weapon for p/d? What does a thief’s class mechanic allow him to do? What do several utilities let you do?

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Mayama.1854

and what do you run as a secondary weapon for p/d? What does a thief’s class mechanic allow him to do? What do several utilities let you do?

If you chase with bow as p/d you have no initiative to deal damage, if you deal damage with p/d you have no initiative to chase.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Puck.9612

If you chase with bow as p/d you have no initiative to deal damage, if you deal damage with p/d you have no initiative to chase.

Oh yeah of course.. I mean unless you count all the bleeds that caltrops applies, the confusion that steal applies, the poison on shortbow, proccing the condi’s from krait runes, and whatever condi’s your shortbow sigils apply.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest.4507

Tempest.4507

Oh yeah of course.. I mean unless you count all the bleeds that caltrops applies, the confusion that steal applies, the poison on shortbow, proccing the condi’s from krait runes, and whatever condi’s your shortbow sigils apply.

If we are chasing, how are we gonna drop those caltrops? Stealing? that thing has 22 secs cooldown.(That is if you have traited for it. Normally 35) Confusion?(only if you are traited for it) Again, how will it help chasing someone down? The posion from shortbow? You mean a projectile that is slower than person who threw it? And only applies 1 stack of posion? Only thing the posion field is useful right now is for increasing the ress time on downed enemy players… As for runes and sigils, they are there for all other classes aswell.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Puck.9612

If we are chasing, how are we gonna drop those caltrops? Stealing? that thing has 22 secs cooldown.(That is if you have traited for it. Normally 35) Confusion?(only if you are traited for it) Again, how will it help chasing someone down? The posion from shortbow? You mean a projectile that is slower than person who threw it? And only applies 1 stack of posion? Only thing the posion field is useful right now is for increasing the ress time on downed enemy players… As for runes and sigils, they are there for all other classes aswell.

I guess when you aren’t used to weapon cool downs 22 seconds must feel like an eternity….
But you’re absolutely right, the profession with the best mobility has no chance of chasing anyone down, thief is terribly under powered, might as well uninstall.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest.4507

Tempest.4507

I guess when you aren’t used to weapon cool downs 22 seconds must feel like an eternity….
But you’re absolutely right, the profession with the best mobility has no chance of chasing anyone down, thief is terribly under powered, might as well uninstall.

Best mobility? HAH! You are a funny one. Try to catch a warrior. Our shadowstep does nothing at all except wasting 6 kitten initiative which is half of what we have. If we go ahead and try to chase someone down we end up dying to a burst.

Edit: Tried to chase down a guardian in WvW. He managed to reach to his keep from SM without even trying to hit me once.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Puck.9612

Best mobility? HAH! You are a funny one. Try to catch a warrior. Our shadowstep does nothing at all except wasting 6 kitten initiative which is half of what we have. If we go ahead and try to chase someone down we end up dying to a burst.

Edit: Tried to chase down a guardian in WvW. He managed to reach to his keep from SM without even trying to hit me once.

?
That’s not even an argument. Warrior comes in a close second for land speed but thieves have repeatedly proven to be faster. When you start adding in their ability to quickly traverse vertical terrain through ports it’s not even a contest.

As far as you not being able to stop a guardian who literally ignored you…. that says way more about you than it does the profession. I mean guardians are annoyingly tanky but maybe you need to add some immobilizes or something to your build because that is embarrassing.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Mayama.1854

?
That’s not even an argument. Warrior comes in a close second for land speed but thieves have repeatedly proven to be faster. When you start adding in their ability to quickly traverse vertical terrain through ports it’s not even a contest.

As far as you not being able to stop a guardian who literally ignored you…. that says way more about you than it does the profession. I mean guardians are annoyingly tanky but maybe you need to add some immobilizes or something to your build because that is embarrassing.

Dude when im on something like a staff zerker mage in WvW and a P/D tries to gank me I just walk away and he can literaly do nothing against it. P/D thieves are well know for their lack of chasing power.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Maybe it’s just my server but I can never find any Theifs in WvW….. Are we really that bad compared to other classes?

Someone doesn’t play vs the server we face because they are everywhere and definitely NOT bad in wvw…

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Thief isn’t bad, people are just upset that you can’t spike someone down the way you used to. It actually takes a little more skill to fight. You have a crap ton of evades, blinds, interrupts, and easy access to stealth. Once you learn how to use those it is almost impossible to die in a 1v1 fight.

Thief is intentionally designed to be the worst 1v1 class in the game by the devs.

If this is true they failed miserably…

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Thief isn’t bad, people are just upset that you can’t spike someone down the way you used to. It actually takes a little more skill to fight. You have a crap ton of evades, blinds, interrupts, and easy access to stealth. Once you learn how to use those it is almost impossible to die in a 1v1 fight.

Thief is intentionally designed to be the worst 1v1 class in the game by the devs.

I’d like to think this is true when talking about two players of equal skill with neither player having the element of surprise. Thief could potentially drag out fights and be a real nuissance, but the lack of sustain combined with the fact that you can’t simply burst people anymore have made it so that you can’t go toe to toe with a lot of classes/builds. Having decent in-combat mobility won’t do you any good in a prolonged fight with a lot of AoE cripple and conditions, especially considering the lack of condition removal. That’s why D/P and resetting of fights is so popular, it’s the best way for a Thief to contribute.

It’s still a good class though, the utility and unique gameplay it brings make it more than worthwile. A good thief picks a fight he can win, but that rarely means aggressing into a straight up 1v1 without some trick or strategy in mind.

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Hey there. Im in wvw from the first days. 50% of the roamers are thieves. In blob servers i see less, not blob servers i see more.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

In my server, there is more thief class than other class. My server thieves party together:thief party and roam together. They also help clear way for commander by killing enemy OP class like thief, engineer, warrior and especially elementalist. It is nice to see dead OP enemy players when commander get to location with zerg. What is also nice is that, they try best to keep eye on not Op class and on not so experience player/ new player. Sometime they would invite me to roam with them which is nice experience

I guess every server is different but my server: we have many thief class player but not in zerg but in roam. So maybe if you can not find thief player in zerg or in large party, they might be in roam party?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Theif Non Existent?!

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I’d like to think this is true when talking about two players of equal skill with neither player having the element of surprise. Thief could potentially drag out fights and be a real nuissance, but the lack of sustain combined with the fact that you can’t simply burst people anymore have made it so that you can’t go toe to toe with a lot of classes/builds. Having decent in-combat mobility won’t do you any good in a prolonged fight with a lot of AoE cripple and conditions, especially considering the lack of condition removal. That’s why D/P and resetting of fights is so popular, it’s the best way for a Thief to contribute.

It’s still a good class though, the utility and unique gameplay it brings make it more than worthwile. A good thief picks a fight he can win, but that rarely means aggressing into a straight up 1v1 without some trick or strategy in mind.

That’s actually true. Thief is used in PvP for it’s mobility and decapping potential. A Thief is not a good “fighter” in sPvP. WvW is a different matter.