Thief is overpowered

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Hey guys. Nerf thief cause I said it.

I play ranger and they hit me too hard

so… yeah

EDIT: Oh Dark is actually giving it a try?

My interest is piqued. Very much so.

Good enough reason… added to nerf wish list!

;D

Here we go.
Pls nerf Peow peow´s thief (if he has one?). He seems to be so overpowered contrary to everyone else. Its unfair. He oneshots everything while in stealth, evading and being invincible. And not forgetting that all of his ports are always working (to close for steal ftw).

But seriously where have you been? Banned from forum?
I´m never sure if you are a troll or a thief player being annoyed about all the complaining —-> making ridiculous complain-posts

DarkSyze.8627 never even played thief? Oh sweet irony.
Pls make me the favor and play against decent players. (no, uplevels don´t count)

Hi Coronit.

I am playing experiencing with my thief now. I am not a troll but a player like you I am close to be ban and when that happens: i will be happy and satisfy because it was worth it: i only want good things for the game.

" “We seek the truth and will endure the consequences.”
Charles Seymour

" The future belongs to those who dare.

" Those who endure conquer. "
Motto

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

alright so anyone who thinks thief is overpowered – i’m maining a thief, rarely play any other classes

but if you truly think thief is op… send me a message ingame and lets duel
you on any power-thief build vs me on medi guard/power necro/cele or SD engi/zerker warrior/fresh air ele

as you think thief is op it should be an easy kill for you he?

PvP, Teef & Engi

(edited by Tarkan.5609)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Gcostanza.2086

Gcostanza.2086

Thief is not OP. Condi thief is very OP. They are thieves with training wheels.

Ghostbusters INC SBI. Death is but a door , time is but a window, Ill be back.
Engineer Main

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I don’t consider them thieves

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Hey guys. Nerf thief cause I said it.

I play ranger and they hit me too hard

so… yeah

EDIT: Oh Dark is actually giving it a try?

My interest is piqued. Very much so.

Good enough reason… added to nerf wish list!

;D

Here we go.
Pls nerf Peow peow´s thief (if he has one?). He seems to be so overpowered contrary to everyone else. Its unfair. He oneshots everything while in stealth, evading and being invincible. And not forgetting that all of his ports are always working (to close for steal ftw).

But seriously where have you been? Banned from forum?
I´m never sure if you are a troll or a thief player being annoyed about all the complaining —-> making ridiculous complain-posts

DarkSyze.8627 never even played thief? Oh sweet irony.
Pls make me the favor and play against decent players. (no, uplevels don´t count)

:D Any nerf is a good request for the nerf wish list… So I will be adding yours.

I’m not sure either. Well I do have some idea of what I am, though who knows how you guys perceive me. Though, I can say this much, I’m not annoyed by the complaining, rather amused… And yeah I haven’t been banned, maximum I’ve got was infracted to the point of having a flood control of 30 minutes (currently sitting at 120 seconds). Also, I hope you’re not offended by me adding your post to the wish list, I get that it’s a joke.

:D As for DarkSyze, I think I “won” that conversation with him. Kind of interested in him making a thief and actually trying to play it for a month or so – not like, make it, go a couple of matches, then come back and say “OH I WON A MATCH, SO OP”…. no… actually play it for like a solid month, doing pve wvw and spvp, then share his experience…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

Condi thief is not OP, in my opinion it’s the most balanced spec of the thief class.

Firstly the damage is not so high that you can’t heal it back. They have alot of drawbacks in terms of survivability and require good positioning to land your 5th and 3rd skill.

I hold Condi thieves in high respect. Infact the spec deserves a few much needed buffs.

(edited by Peow peow.2189)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

lol….

Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

How Anet Can Buff The Condi Thief P.1

The condition thief is a difficult spec that requires patience, well-timed plays and quick decision making by the player.

As of now, condition clearing is very easy to accomplish. Most classes run some kind of condition transfer utlity, that allows them to be immune to conditions at certain health, or to change condi into boons giving them extra power.

Because of the increase of these utlities in recent patches, specs that focus mainly on conditions have become harder to play and are rarely run by newer players or in SpVp arenas.

In order to improve the thief condi spec, we have to consider some of their current skills and buffs that can be applied.

Firstly – CnD.
Cloak and dagger is a high initiative cost skills, with a small radius of impact. It’s easy to use up to 10 initiative trying to CnD after poor positioning, which is more then 75% of a full intiiative bar.

What makes CnD so difficult for the condition spec, is that this spec main hands pistol. This requires you to move into close range, which totally goes against the point of the spec. Then to use your skill and back out.

CnD should work differently when using a pistol as a main hand weapon. Personally, I think changing it to HnD would be a better move. Hook and dagger. The thief would then throw a long distance hook at the enemy, the hook can only be dodged using a dodge roll, nothing else. This would then result in the same benifits of landing a CnD.

Second. Torment strike (The third skill).

Once used, the thief shadow steps away and causes torment on enemy.

In order to make this skill more applicable, it should shadow step the thief half of the current range, however it should cause a 75% movement speed reduction on the enemy for 6 seconds, as well as causing double the ammount of torment currently.

With current condi clears, torment is easy to clear and this skill is not strong enough.

Third. increase the range of steal.

Right now, it’s difficult for the thief to land steal, especially when it goes on 20s cooldown for no apprent reason. By increase the steal range to double of what it is now and making it undodgable.

it would make this utility more useful, and give the condi thief more survivability when paired with mug.

Thoughts?

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I absolutely love the idea of Hook and Dagger!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I could care less about how some see condition thief imo,trap condition thief is the closest I’ll ever get to create a spec like C9’s hybrid DoT scout in GW2 ranger is not cutting it :/ and I would prefer most not to pretend/believe every condition thief out there run dire and perplexity even though I dislike that a rune makes my build effective I would have preferred a trait.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

I just wanna run dual kittening pistols and actually be able to kill something in sPvP/WvW. But we can all dream, right?

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Thief isn’t exactly OP. I mean we have seen threads like this for years over many classes and admittedly thief is likely the one that got the most hate.

I think this should serve as a lesson to other devs in the future about combat stealth and short/no cd evades. They are just really bad mechanics from a counter play stand point but far from so OP you can 1vx anything. It just isn’t all that fun to fight.

I think for years now thieves probably place too much pressure on the opponent to counter them vs the thief having to counter the opponent. But this is all 1v1 in group play a group of thieves wont stand up to most groups of anything else. There are trade offs but I don’t see a point in the whine threads anymore.

Anet gave the nerfs, undermined a lot of builds, but they will never rework thief from the ground up like people begged for in the beginning.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

T raw.4658

I could care less about how some see condition thief imo,trap condition thief is the closest I’ll ever get to create a spec like C9’s hybrid DoT scout in GW2 ranger is not cutting it :/ and I would prefer most not to pretend/believe every condition thief out there run dire and perplexity even though I dislike that a rune makes my build effective I would have preferred a trait.

Didn’t some fella post duels w/out using weapons just traps and dodges?

Dire+Perplexity is OP and needs to be deleted from this game.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Sagat.3285

The point is it’s not thief and not all condition thieves use it. Confusion damage split will reduce Perplexity strength vs most specs, simply adding a hit on proc on initial caltrops fixes some stealth trolling,about dire the thief just needs to fight the right counters and again those were duels I’m pretty sure everyone knows the bigger the fight the less influential thief becomes.

But it doesn’t erase the fact that some still don’t know how to counter Sneak Attack,dodge a Scorpion Wire and don’t try to counter CnD, after careful consideration I would support thief coming out of stealth without revealed debuff if an attack in stealth is mitigated because there are too many instant and random aegis,runes proc etc just to filter us again. The only buff the p/d set really needs is to fasten up Sneak Attack.

I currently only use perplexity on necro for obvious reasons.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Gcostanza.2086

Gcostanza.2086

Shadow Arts Condi thief is completely broken. Constant stealth and bleed stacking along with condition removal make the build nearly invincible. You have to be really bad to die on that build. DPS thieves require skill. They hit for a lot but they have to play smart. Condi thief and PU Mez are boring and broken.

Ghostbusters INC SBI. Death is but a door , time is but a window, Ill be back.
Engineer Main

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

T raw.4658

The point is it’s not thief and not all condition thieves use it. Confusion damage split will reduce Perplexity strength vs most specs, simply adding a hit on proc on initial caltrops fixes some stealth trolling,about dire the thief just needs to fight the right counters and again those were duels I’m pretty sure everyone knows the bigger the fight the less influential thief becomes.

But it doesn’t erase the fact that some still don’t know how to counter Sneak Attack,dodge a Scorpion Wire and don’t try to counter CnD, after careful consideration I would support thief coming out of stealth without revealed debuff if an attack in stealth is mitigated because there are too many instant and random aegis,runes proc etc just to filter us again. The only buff the p/d set really needs is to fasten up Sneak Attack.

idc wtf you say I say don’t fix what ain’t broken.

There is a reason dire+perplexity isn’t available in PvP, and its due to how OP the sets are. The split on confusion is going to OP the skill even more due to NOT being able to counter it by not doing anything. Now you are going to have another damage on tic that punishes any action you take WHILE having bleeds, burns, poisons, and torment on you.

Perplexity will be out of control come patch time.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Sagat.3285

idc wtf you say I say don’t fix what ain’t broken.

There is a reason dire+perplexity isn’t available in PvP, and its due to how OP the sets are. The split on confusion is going to OP the skill even more due to NOT being able to counter it by not doing anything. Now you are going to have another damage on tic that punishes any action you take WHILE having bleeds, burns, poisons, and torment on you.

Perplexity will be out of control come patch time.

I’m not denying it’s strength under the right circumstances the only thing I shall remind people off is that all this happens only in solo situations they don’t balance around that it seems if 2 people of the same skill regardless of specs fight a dire perplexity thief they shouldn’t lose and that the two don’t come attached to thief. The complaints are dire,perplexity and condition food remove all 2 or 3 and it’s not so strong anymore. Both thief and conditions become less significant as the number of foes increase I never heard of any condition thief in GvG only solo roamers and a few small squads.

The Dhuumfire thread

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: ashrim.9685

ashrim.9685

thief meant to play slick, tricky and dirty. coward and smart… thats what anet made thief class for. if not they wouldnt named it thief.
however, if ANET have to nerf thief… i hope they nerf engie, ranger, necros, warrior, mesmer, and guardian too… because they’re all OP

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: ashrim.9685

ashrim.9685

i play condition thief. but i prefer rune of krait

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Too late for what?

Quite. Arenanet have more or less stated that they are happy with their balancing. Personally, I think thief is ridiculously overpowered, but I don’t see it being changed – ever.

I think the only hope for people who are sick of being killed by thieves is to wait for the next game and pray that the developers there aren’t still rolling out the boring, tired, old, OP stealth class nonsense.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Jana.6831

Too late for what?

Quite. Arenanet have more or less stated that they are happy with their balancing. Personally, I think thief is ridiculously overpowered, but I don’t see it being changed – ever.

I think the only hope for people who are sick of being killed by thieves is to wait for the next game and pray that the developers there aren’t bandwagoning the tired, old OP stealth class nonsense.

Good thing we’re on the same server ;)

Personally I’m sick of being killed by rangers, I hope for a game that hasn’t got a ranged class with pet.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

DarkSyze.8627

Too late for what?

I think the only hope for people who are sick of being killed by thieves is to wait for the next game and pray that the developers there aren’t bandwagoning the tired, old OP stealth class nonsense.

Good thing we’re on the same server

Personally I’m sick of being killed by rangers, I hope for a game that hasn’t got a ranged class with pet.

Final Fantasy 14, Age of Conan: Unchained, Tera, Aion, SWTOR, Lineage 2, Eden Eternal, Alganon, Black Desert, Icarus Online, Rift Online etc…

Ankur

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Jana.6831

Final Fantasy 14, Age of Conan: Unchained, Tera, Aion, SWTOR, Lineage 2, Eden Eternal, Alganon, Black Desert, Icarus Online, Rift Online etc…

I don’t know whether or not all rangers in these games have pets but all these games (except maybe Swtor and and some other game, I couldn’t figure out what the classes do, maybe they have rangers after all) have got rangers/archers.
So I’m not really sure why you posted them ;).

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

DarkSyze.8627

I don’t know whether or not all rangers in these games have pets but all these games (except maybe Swtor and and some other game, I couldn’t figure out what the classes do, maybe they have rangers after all) have got rangers/archers.
So I’m not really sure why you posted them.

Just want to let you know there are other games

Ankur

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Speaking of which, how does a thief effectively counter a ranger?

I’ve been running a 6/6/2/0/0 d/p (or d/d) and s/d build. I can get the initial d/x burst off usually. Takes him down the a fraction of health. Then the dreaded 0’s start flying everywhere. With d/p, I don’t have enough initiative to stealth again. With d/d, I can’t seem to CnD off of him… and getting to his pet isn’t always close. All the time, he’s blasting me. If I Shadow Refuge, he AoE’s me.

So I usually blow my evades, and they don’t seem to outlast his invulnerability.

That’s one of the reasons I find it frustrating when people complain about hiding in stealth. Sure, I can hide in stealth for a few seconds… when I actually have the ability to enter stealth. I don’t ever want Last Refuge to proc, so that’s not a valid alternative for me :-(

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Jana.6831

Speaking of which, how does a thief effectively counter a ranger?

I’ve been running a 6/6/2/0/0 d/p (or d/d) and s/d build. I can get the initial d/x burst off usually. Takes him down the a fraction of health. Then the dreaded 0’s start flying everywhere. With d/p, I don’t have enough initiative to stealth again. With d/d, I can’t seem to CnD off of him… and getting to his pet isn’t always close. All the time, he’s blasting me. If I Shadow Refuge, he AoE’s me.

So I usually blow my evades, and they don’t seem to outlast his invulnerability.

That’s one of the reasons I find it frustrating when people complain about hiding in stealth. Sure, I can hide in stealth for a few seconds… when I actually have the ability to enter stealth. I don’t ever want Last Refuge to proc, so that’s not a valid alternative for me :-(

If it’s a ranger who clutches his LB then try daggerstorm as an opener, I usually get them with that alone.

But counter question: 6/6/2/0/0 d/p (or d/d) – don’t you have troubles with other classes as well? I can imagine that pulling that build off in wvw is rather tricky.

And you can actually stand slightly outside of SR, their (LB) aoe usually doesn’t fill up the whole area.

Edit: Their 0 damage is signet of stone which lasts 20 s or so and makes them invulnerable, so of course you can’t CnD them during that time- but that probably would be the right time to use your SR.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Kageseigi.2150

If it’s a ranger who clutches his LB then try daggerstorm as an opener, I usually get them with that alone.

But counter question: 6/6/2/0/0 d/p (or d/d) – don’t you have troubles with other classes as well? I can imagine that pulling that build off in wvw is rather tricky.

And you can actually stand slightly outside of SR, their (LB) aoe usually doesn’t fill up the whole area.

Edit: Their 0 damage is signet of stone which lasts 20 s or so and makes them invulnerable, so of course you can’t CnD them during that time- but that probably would be the right time to use your SR.

Thanks. I have trouble with all other professions no matter what build I take, haha! I can either kill them, but die quickly, or survive without the ability to kill, hahaha!

I love my CnD, which is why I used d/d for the longest time. Been trying to learn d/p recently. Trying to do so on a glassy build makes it a bit difficult. Also, when I try to practice in hotjoin, it ends up being 3v1… it was actually 3 rangers vs. only me the other day. And when I play unranked, I always revert to trying to win by (de)capping points instead of focusing on improving my combat skills.

I’m certainly a LOT better than I used to be. But I’m nowhere near as good as I want to be. I do wish there was a dedicated 1v1 mode, though. That seems like the best way to improve against whatever has been killing you. I actually moved from WvW to sPvP so I could be in combat more so I could improve my fighting skills. In WvW, I would either roam forever before I found another lone roamer, or I would end up zerging or being zerged :-P

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Jana.6831

Join Teef maybe? We’re doing some duels.

I always tried to figure the classes out and what they do and created all classes to understand them, which really helped, and it helped while they were low levels, to see how clones behave, to understand death shroud a bit better and so on, but in the end I still don’t know too much about other classes, guess I ‘d have to change my main for that and that won’t happen.

Anyway: I’m a wvw player, maybe some other people can give some more tips about pvp.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Kageseigi.2150

Join Teef maybe? We’re doing some duels.

I always tried to figure the classes out and what they do and created all classes to understand them, which really helped, and it helped while they were low levels, to see how clones behave, to understand death shroud a bit better and so on, but in the end I still don’t know too much about other classes, guess I ‘d have to change my main for that and that won’t happen.

Anyway: I’m a wvw player, maybe some other people can give some more tips about pvp.

Yep, already done. Haven’t seen the dueling yet, though! :-P

I just started a mesmer, engineer, and warrior so I can learn how they work. Haven’t gotten them leveled enough to see what they can really do yet, though.

And thanks. I just want to get better at killing and surviving. I’m hoping that will help me in every aspect of the game! :-D

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

TheMurkMuffin.8213

Thanks. I have trouble with all other professions no matter what build I take, haha! I can either kill them, but die quickly, or survive without the ability to kill, hahaha!

I love my CnD, which is why I used d/d for the longest time. Been trying to learn d/p recently. Trying to do so on a glassy build makes it a bit difficult. Also, when I try to practice in hotjoin, it ends up being 3v1… it was actually 3 rangers vs. only me the other day. And when I play unranked, I always revert to trying to win by (de)capping points instead of focusing on improving my combat skills.

I’m certainly a LOT better than I used to be. But I’m nowhere near as good as I want to be. I do wish there was a dedicated 1v1 mode, though. That seems like the best way to improve against whatever has been killing you. I actually moved from WvW to sPvP so I could be in combat more so I could improve my fighting skills. In WvW, I would either roam forever before I found another lone roamer, or I would end up zerging or being zerged :-P

Start interrupting skills with your #4 skill (d/p). It will save you SO much int, plus I’m not sure about other thieves, but I am always trying to either get behind or on the sides of the opponent, so I can quickly use blinding powder/backstab for tons of damage and the blind so they can’t hit back. Another thing you may wanna consider too is switching out one of your weapon sets for the shortbow so when you land your infamous BS you can swap and spam #3 to get away, rather than waste your endurance.

-Retired Thief

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Kageseigi.2150

Start interrupting skills with your #4 skill (d/p). It will save you SO much int, plus I’m not sure about other thieves, but I am always trying to either get behind or on the sides of the opponent, so I can quickly use blinding powder/backstab for tons of damage and the blind so they can’t hit back. Another thing you may wanna consider too is switching out one of your weapon sets for the shortbow so when you land your infamous BS you can swap and spam #3 to get away, rather than waste your endurance.

Thank you also. Yes, I find myself not using Headshot unless I see the enemy trying to stomp. Gotta get faster at it also.

And yes, my shortbow skills stink. I find myself using a d/x set the whole match, usually. I guess I hate swapping weapons because of the 10 second wait to switch back. I figure it may be easier to learn one weapon set at a time instead of two. I run sword/dagger mainly as a backup/troll set. I love the mobility. And the Flanking/Larcenous Strike combo seems to do wonders for me when something won’t die to my backstabs :-P

Wow, so much I need to improve on! Just not sure the best methods for doing so effectively and efficiently :-P

Ps. If I could make one outrageous wish to buff the Thief profession, it would be to give it instant-weapon swap capability. A new trait to do so would be amazing! Or even give it an initiative cost if the cooldown hasn’t expired.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Um, it lasts 6 seconds and takes 80 to CD.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Jana.6831

Good to know, thank you =)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

TheMurkMuffin.8213

Thank you also. Yes, I find myself not using Headshot unless I see the enemy trying to stomp. Gotta get faster at it also.

And yes, my shortbow skills stink. I find myself using a d/x set the whole match, usually. I guess I hate swapping weapons because of the 10 second wait to switch back. I figure it may be easier to learn one weapon set at a time instead of two. I run sword/dagger mainly as a backup/troll set. I love the mobility. And the Flanking/Larcenous Strike combo seems to do wonders for me when something won’t die to my backstabs :-P

Wow, so much I need to improve on! Just not sure the best methods for doing so effectively and efficiently :-P

Ps. If I could make one outrageous wish to buff the Thief profession, it would be to give it instant-weapon swap capability. A new trait to do so would be amazing! Or even give it an initiative cost if the cooldown hasn’t expired.

If the weapon swap is what is holding you back, running Rune of the Warrior is an option (reduces weapon swap cooldown), also remember that you can add sigils to your weapons that actually encourage you to swap your weapons frequently. I’ve been playing the thief profession since like two days after this game launched with only one other character haha. Plus shortbow gives you the options to engage targets at a distance. For instance, you jump into a fight between two others and effectively contribute without interfering with the friendly persons situation. Not to mention, all the utilities you have on the SB skill list.
Another tip for you as well, is that if you see a downed enemy is to dump the #4 skill (shortbow) on them so it reduces the rate at which they can be healed back, followed by you using #5 on top of them because the skill blinds them, which keeps them from interrupting your stomp If you would like some help, please feel free to add me in-game.

-Retired Thief

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

TheMurkMuffin.8213

I feel like you provoked this response, Jana. :P

-Retired Thief

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Jana.6831

No, I didn’t – I have my own ranger, just too lazy to play him =)
Guess I confused the duration with necro’s Lich form, but then again, I’m also too lazy to play my necro ;)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

TheMurkMuffin.8213

No, I didn’t – I have my own ranger, just too lazy to play him =)
Guess I confused the duration with necro’s Lich form, but then again, I’m also too lazy to play my necro

Thief 4 lyfe.

-Retired Thief

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

I main a thief. I’m a PvEr mostly, and I’ll freely admit I’m mediocre at PvP, but I still enjoy it sometimes. If thief was so overpowered, I’d be winning all the time, but surprise! I lose matches as often as I win them!

Even if the thief was nerfed into the ground, you cry babies would find something else to cry about. You don’t see me rushing to the forums, crying and screaming for nerfs because someone killed me. It’s because instead of acting like a whiny, entitled brat, I actually LEARN and IMPROVE. -gasp-

(edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

….
I actually LEARN and IMPROVE. -gasp-

What’s the point? It’s easier to cry and get things fixed for you, that way you never have to stress yourself.

Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

You want to massively change something you have almost zero to a very limited knowledge on and expect me to be polite and respectful? LOL

Good luck with that. Maybe a few dozen more quotes will change my mind….

Peow Peow, go cry somewhere else. Seriously, it’s getting old.

You cry babies are all the same. You suck(we all did at one point). But you aren’t willing to learn and get better. You cry. And cry, and cry, and cry, and cry.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Perfect example. You say condi needs to be buffed. rolls eyes

Except it doesn’t…..

Fix DD and PP’s identity crisis and cond caps and you solve a ton of issues.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Particular builds using Conditions have to be tweaked and buffed.

Overall buffs are not the way.

Vulnerability change won’t be that crucial in PvP.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Condi thief is not OP, in my opinion it’s the most balanced spec of the thief class.

Firstly the damage is not so high that you can’t heal it back. They have alot of drawbacks in terms of survivability and require good positioning to land your 5th and 3rd skill.

I hold Condi thieves in high respect. Infact the spec deserves a few much needed buffs.

okay i think this thread should be closed… this guy is clearly a troll (at least i hope so, otherwise something is truly wrong with some people)

btw nobody messaged me ingame so far for the duels i offered if they think thief is op – DarkSyze, Peow Peow, anyone?
guess they dont believe it enough to want to prove it

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

I’ll 1v1 you Tarzan. No thief spec. Just d/p with utilities 0/0/0/0/0 and I’ll show u how cheap this class is

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

How do you guys still not consider him (Peow) a troll.

I’m a bit shocked if you guys can’t see it….

Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

DarkSyze.8627

Ankur

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

You have just lost any miniscule amount of credibility you had. This post alone is screen-shot-worthy because of how absolutely absurd it is. Someone please close this thread for trolling, as OP is clearly delusional.

Perfect example. You say condi needs to be buffed. rolls eyes

Except it doesn’t…..

Fix DD and PP’s identity crisis and cond caps and you solve a ton of issues.

D/D doesn’t have an identity crisis; it’s just a poor performer at everything except burst damage, and its 3/4 skills are just strictly bad (speaking for the incoming dash/leap changes).

I think P/P dire condi perplexity is going to be the strongest condition build available after the changes for WvW; 3 confusion 3 torment on an interrupt build with range and blinds with a bleeding auto is absolutely terrifying. I see no reason for power builds to use P/P beyond these changes. P/D will probably be more overpowered, but the sheer damage and lockdown and DoT potential from P/P is totally and utterly absurd.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Lyrsen.6702

Lyrsen.6702

Way to link a video from Sept. 20th, 2013…

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

DarkSyze.8627

Any serious change from Sept.20, 2013?

Here is another one

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback-Merged/page/76#post4000084

Arena net: CC Charles,

" Hello everyone, Due to the amount of threads about thief and its gameplay impact, we have decided to open this thread in which you can discuss your concerns about Thieves in PvE, sPvP and WvW ".

“This will allow us to collect your feedback with more efficiency and forward them to the appropriate teams” .

“You can articulate both, positive and negative feedback for it, but we ask you to stay constructive and polite when you want to express your opinion, all posts that break the forum code of conduct will be removed”.

Thread from 2 years ago: question?

Answer: No Serious Change.

Ankur

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Any serious change from Sept.20, 2013?

Here is another one

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback-Merged/page/76#post4000084

Arena net: CC Charles,

" Hello everyone, Due to the amount of threads about thief and its gameplay impact, we have decided to open this thread in which you can discuss your concerns about Thieves in PvE, sPvP and WvW ".

That is a topic dump so anet doesn’t have to read the same thing over and over. Kinda like mounts.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta