Thieves need nerf

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Ok, this is it.
I was solo roaming in WvW with my ele. I don’t usually have many problems killing stuff: coyotes, skelks, yaks, and sentries go down really fast and don’t cause much problems.

However, everytime I find a thief, no matter what, I just die. And the problem is, I can’t even see him!
I just go around, then bam! Dead! I got hit by 18k spikes out of nowhere. And when I see the thief in front of me and I manage to avoid his attack, he will just go in stealth in another gimmicky way and backstab me from behind! I can’t even use my heal, because his burst is on a 0s CD!

For reference, this is my build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAodnEElXbdN6GQYrAhcIDDHIgxBQQkittenHiBA-jkxAYrAm8KiGbLoIasKJMVJRUtToIa1yAYPCA-w

I seriously hope Anet will fix stealth because at the moment it’s just too much. I get killed sometimes by zerker rangers, but at least I can see them and if I get killed it’s because they are good (their bear hits really hard and must require a lot of micromanagement to be effective!). But when it comes to thieves, it’s just 0 risk, 101% reward, go stealth kill people #yolomode

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Heh, you had me there for a second.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Satan Blaze.8237

Satan Blaze.8237

this made me lol, really.
full zerker ele complaining about getting bursted down.
i could probably 1-shot you with my backstab omg

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Hey! You wrote Thieves instead of Thiefs!

Seriously though, I know you were trying to keep traits at 14 points each, but you can’t put points into toughness and vitality lines! That cuts into the DEEPS!

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

10/10.

For those of you wondering look at the build

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: XPGAMER.7324

XPGAMER.7324

This post had me going for a bit lol

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

:D Just to be on the safe side, added your post to the nerf wish list…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Nerf-Wish-list
Please stop littering the forums, and use that post to request nerfs…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

This is fake, the title would have said Thiefs need nerf

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

Wait…Rangers can kill things?

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

That’s right, thieves need a nerf in nerfs.

Btw “Thieves” is correct, “Thiefs” it’s not.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

That build, just Wow

NERF THEEEFS!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

hihey.1075

Wait…Rangers can kill things?

Yes! They are really good at it!

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Ok, this is it.
I was solo roaming in WvW with my ele. I don’t usually have many problems killing stuff: coyotes, skelks, yaks, and sentries go down really fast and don’t cause much problems.

However, everytime I find a thief, no matter what, I just die. And the problem is, I can’t even see him!
I just go around, then bam! Dead! I got hit by 18k spikes out of nowhere. And when I see the thief in front of me and I manage to avoid his attack, he will just go in stealth in another gimmicky way and backstab me from behind! I can’t even use my heal, because his burst is on a 0s CD!

For reference, this is my build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAodnEElXbdN6GQYrAhcIDDHIgxBQQkittenHiBA-jkxAYrAm8KiGbLoIasKJMVJRUtToIa1yAYPCA-w

I seriously hope Anet will fix stealth because at the moment it’s just too much. I get killed sometimes by zerker rangers, but at least I can see them and if I get killed it’s because they are good (their bear hits really hard and must require a lot of micromanagement to be effective!). But when it comes to thieves, it’s just 0 risk, 101% reward, go stealth kill people #yolomode

Hi

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: irishking.8956

irishking.8956

obsidian flesh 4 sec invulnerability shocking aura stun when they hit u burning speed to reposition ur self and keep theif farther away from a back stab plus u can dodge twice these are some very simple ways for u to solve the issue just be better at ur class instead of calling for nerfs pls and if they are D/D then dodge the very telegraphed cloak and dagger skill and they will run out of utilities to go invis with

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

obsidian flesh 4 sec invulnerability shocking aura stun when they hit u burning speed to reposition ur self and keep theif farther away from a back stab plus u can dodge twice these are some very simple ways for u to solve the issue just be better at ur class instead of calling for nerfs pls and if they are D/D then dodge the very telegraphed cloak and dagger skill and they will run out of utilities to go invis with

Lol.

Lyss The Shadow

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

This is obviously a troll thread or you are incredibly new to PvP.

• Classes are different playstyles.
  • Build matters.
  • Player’s ability in PvP matters.
  • Environment matters.

You can kill an NPC fast as a Zerk Ele.. well done.
PvP is completely different.

Yes, I’ll admit Thieves do have extremely high burst, and they are probably the best 1v1 class in-game. Ele’s on the other hand have the best AoE burst in-game.
I don’t see any Thieves going to Ele forum and complaining they died in a blob fight because an Ele was hitting them 4k’s with Fire Storm in a huge radius?

Ele can give group support and buffs.
Ele is the only class that can destroy siege far back within walls.
Ele has superior AoE.

Thief has none to little of these, I don’t see many (if any at all) threads in your sub-section by Thieves complaining?

Every class/build fits into their own slot of what it’s intended to do. Thieves are almost only for DPS as they provide little Support. Ele can do all, and at that.. within the 1 build.

I crafted a Thief to 80 2 weeks ago and as much as I enjoy it at the moment, I’m slowly getting bored of it due to being tunneled into playing full DPS.
I have a 66 Ele I occasionally work on by playing SPvP for +1 level tomes. I can’t say I’ve played much of my Ele (more than my Thief though) but I will say that it’s far more enjoyable for sure.

EDIT: IGNORE ALL OF THE ABOVE, THIS IS CLEARLY TROLL THREAD. I’LL COPY AND PASTE INTO THE NEXT “NERF THIEVES” THREAD. !!!ONEONE111ONEONE!!ONE11!!ONE!

(edited by Zach.3264)

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

• Build matters.
  • Environment matters.

Yes, I’ll admit Thieves do have extremely high burst, and they are probably the best 1v1 class in-game. Ele’s on the other hand have the best AoE burst in-game.
I don’t see any Thieves going to Ele forum and complaining they died in a blob fight because an Ele was hitting them 4k’s with Fire Storm in a huge radius?

Ele has superior AoE.

Thief has none to little of these, I don’t see many (if any at all) threads in your sub-section by Thieves complaining?

Every class/build fits into their own slot of what it’s intended to do. Thieves are almost only for DPS as they provide little Support. Ele can do all, and at that.. within the 1 build.

I crafted a Thief to 80 2 weeks ago and as much as I enjoy it at the moment, I’m slowly getting bored of it due to being tunneled into playing full DPS.
I have a 66 Ele I occasionally work on by playing SPvP for +1 level tomes. I can’t say I’ve played much of my Ele (more than my Thief though) but I will say that it’s far more enjoyable for sure.

LOL

Lyss The Shadow

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

• Build matters.
  • Environment matters.

Ele has superior AoE.

LOL

Thanks for that in-depth response.

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

He got you good

Lyss The Shadow

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Dem traits yo.. Dat food… lulz.

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

• Build matters.
  • Environment matters.

Ele has superior AoE.

LOL

Dude, he listed off nothing but NPCs in WvW, said Rangers have to micromanage their pets, and his build was loaded to the brim with human racials. What part of this is not a joke thread?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Bweh, it was cool do write that kind of stuff then 20 first times.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Sir Kaboomski.1508

• Build matters.
  • Environment matters.

Ele has superior AoE.

LOL

and his build was loaded to the brim with human racials. What part of this is not a joke thread?

Still… my favorite part is the traits lol.

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: DirtyBird.6093

DirtyBird.6093

ALL IS VAIN!!
/15char

-Blackgate-
[GoF] Smiks – Guardian/Necro
Thief/Mesmer Alts

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

hihey.1075

This thread should embody the hundreds of other threads made by people who request nerf for thieves.

This kind of people usually:
_know nothing about the Thief class
_know nothing about PvP
_(usually) claim to be really good players
_(usually) know nothing about their own class as well
_don’t even try to get better at the game and ask for nerfs instead
_will not change their mind ever
_say that every thief is a noob and that other classes “require skill” to be played

It’s kinda funny that not every user here actually got this

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Man, another noob ele complaining about thieves……

If you’re so bad you can’t even pick your traits right it’s not a thief problem..

Arcane abatement is useless, “fall” doesn’t really help if you “fall dead”. Take cantrip mastery instead, it really fits the build and you’ll see those thiefs “fall dead”: they have a lot of knockdowns from permastealth and reducing cooldown on your cantrips will make the difference, especially with your build.

Also, swap the crest of the saman for more magis, the extra healing power will make the difference against those stupid thieves.

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

Man, another noob ele complaining about thieves……

If you’re so bad you can’t even pick your traits right it’s not a thief problem..

Arcane abatement is useless, “fall” doesn’t really help if you “fall dead”. Take cantrip mastery instead, it really fits the build and you’ll see those thiefs “fall dead”: they have a lot of knockdowns from permastealth and reducing cooldown on your cantrips will make the difference, especially with your build.

Also, swap the crest of the saman for more magis, the extra healing power will make the difference against those stupid thieves.

LMFAO! OP knows how to pull a good troll

Lyss The Shadow

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Ok, this is it.

Very well said

You are the million player to confirm and experience this outrageousness class design.

So the next question is.

How many more years will it take for our concerns to be heard and addressed ?

4+ years ??

I say 10+ years

whose with me?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Ok, this is it.

Very well said

You are the million player to confirm and experience this outrageousness class design.

So the next question is.

4+ years ??

I say 10+ years

whose with me?

Troll doesn’t realize Troll…

Many lolz ensue…

lolz…

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Thighum.7295

Thighum.7295

Ok, this is it.

Very well said

So the next question is.

4+ years ??

I say 10+ years

whose with me?

ROFL did you look at his build? Once you do you will realize this entire post was a joke.

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

LOL.

Wonderful, in this case it certainly would have paid of to read some of the comments before jumping in. Just proves something, I suppose.

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

>.> You know a part of me to a certain degree actually believes this post, and that the build might be a legit one someone used…
:( I’m sorry…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

i remember this one back in the good old days, " Thief 19.8k Backstab critic"

Since than. how much damage thief can do?

Is it more or less-so-called “nerf”?

If less….

Please! provide patch date of proof

-thanks-

Notice November 2012 patch.

Where their damage is “nerfed”

1.Tactical Strike: This skill’s damage has been increased by 10% in all formats. This skill’s daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP.
2. Cluster Shot: This skill’s damage is reduced by 15% in PvP.
3. Cloak and Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.

Obviously,

you see what i see…

There goes thief balance.

There goes thiefs’ Future.

PVP

seriously,

(who does pvp for the sake of balance?)

<not me>
Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Hey! You wrote Thieves instead of Thiefs!

Seriously though, I know you were trying to keep traits at 14 points each, but you can’t put points into toughness and vitality lines! That cuts into the DEEPS!

thiefs…..sarcasm right?

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Didn’t you know teefs are invulnerable in stealth?

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

hihey.1075

Ok, this is it.

Very well said

So the next question is.

4+ years ??

I say 10+ years

whose with me?

ROFL did you look at his build? Once you do you will realize this entire post was a joke.

Do you really need to go all the way to look at the build to prove that this is a troll thread? xD

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: soxx.7861

soxx.7861

Well your full zerker and have no source of protection as well as nothing to help you on attunement swap. I do admit that some things of a thief need a bit of a nerf; however such a thing may never be, and that is okay because a thief can be killed in just a couple hits with some AoE bursts

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Oh man, you had my going for the first few lines, but LOL at the people who got fooled, especially the master troll, Burnfall.

Where have you been, Burnsy? I’ve missed your vocal opposition of tyranny.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

hahahahahahah strong build

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Ok, this is it.

Hahahah best build ever !
You know, what’s even more sad is that most of the whining posts are written even worse than this one :p
Good job, that was fun !

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Lmao why dont you run the OP 14/14/14/14/14 build it insta counters thieves.

Ida

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Patrik.2590

Patrik.2590

I just scrolled down, and read the start of your post. No that’s not true, if you ask me they should boost thiefs, they got nuked down because they don’t generate that much initiative anymore. I don’t play a thief, but my bro does, mostly PvP, and he’s running a build in which you have to evade pretty much 100% of the time to survive, and he’s running out of initiative… Don’t cry, get better. Thief’s aren’t a problem. Warrior’s are stronger then thief’s definetly, because in PvP they have high survivability, high dmg, massive mobility, CC and condis …..

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It is really hilarious how many people do not even read enough to see this is a troll thread. Fail, uber fail.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

hihey.1075

The amount of facepalm in this thread is over 9000 and still raising…

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

These QQ threads need nerfs themselves

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: origano.5912

origano.5912

The amount of facepalm in this thread is over 9000 and still raising…

The trolling in this post is over 9000 !

Thieves need nerf

in Thief

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

dat op 14/14/14/14/14 build needs a big nerf.