Thieves uncatchable?

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

if you really hate theives, you can try out a rifle warrior for these thieves. 10k volley channel and 12-14k kill shot will definitely get them dead if they try to shadow your group.

volley will still hit even if they go into stealth, same thing with killshot if you started channeling the skill when they are still targetable.

it’s viable if they don’t notice the warrior, with the spec and gear required to do 14k you will die in seconds to the thief. Though it is nice seeing a thief come out of stealth downed after a kill shot

No you don’t lol. Stealth thief lacks the burst of an old school d/d thief and can’t burst a warrior down like that. Even the full, 100% burst spec has 22k health and 2200 armor. Warrior pretty much just uses noob pain followed by whirlwind attack and noob rush, and then thief is dead.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

@Escthiil.3210
Thats a horrible, horrible game. It’s a WoW clone with an FF logo and nothing more.

@this thread, lol, thats my favorite thing to do, I always play the benny hill song while doing it too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9RUoExrTsg
I come out of stealth sometimes though so they chase me more, I find it gets their hopes up and keeps them around longer wasting their time.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

thieves are silly, its all reward, no risk.

I dont mind stealth as a principle (though I have never seen it done well in an MMO, and GW2 is one of the worst implementations), or high mobility.
But they should come at a price.

If thievekitten hard, they should be high risk, if they fail to kill, they should be locked down and die.
Not jump in, mess it up, and then be free to leave with impunity.
The amount of times I’ve beaten a thief up when he tries to jump me, only to watch him leave, and try again 4 to 5 times until he eventually gets lucky with all my abilities on cd…..

Its lame, its not skill, and its not learn to play, its poor game design.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

^The thief is baiting you so you blow your Cds. chances are your a bunker and he ain’t S/d was he… sorry they have to do that else there is no hope in hell of them winning.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

No you don’t lol. Stealth thief lacks the burst of an old school d/d thief and can’t burst a warrior down like that. Even the full, 100% burst spec has 22k health and 2200 armor. Warrior pretty much just uses noob pain followed by whirlwind attack and noob rush, and then thief is dead.

That’s a myth. All you need to do is spec for perma stealth and then have the rest of everything berzkered. Then you are basically even more terrifying then a d/d because you can maintain perma stealth, and is rewarded in stealth. So D/P is actually more terrifying then d/d. And you know that’s true.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

Yes, I saw 30+ people SPLIT for like 5k range and the thief still scaped without anyone see his tag.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

A thief is not gonna stay there to just kill some siege, yes he might do some damage but its not gonna be any serious damage.. geez all the important siege is at inner anyhow.

The main problem is that someone like this thief can keep the keep constantly contested without being handled.

It’s a stupid mechanic.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

Any and every QQ you ever wanted to know and not know about thieves:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/thief-nerf-required-in-www/first

The end result was “there is no result and no comment”, actually there was one comment from Anet and that was a moderator informing the community that the thread has run it’s course and will be closed….

Don’t hold you breath for any change and expect 4 pages of L2P responses.

I stick to what I said: Anet should just create a perma stealth button and get it over with. thieves have a little game of their own… while the rest of us play WvW they play stealthy stealthy back stabby back stabby. weeeeeeee! Look maaa I’m invisible!!! wooopyyyy!!!

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

I really feel for the OP. Being a ranger, he’s got roughly zero tools to counter that other than blind luck. I mean the thieves will tell him he DOES have counters such as wolf fear, but again it’s pretty much blind luck. Certain classes have better counters to stealth than others. Rangers are definitely on the bottom of that list.

Stealth classes have always been a challenge to fight against in MMO PvP. I must admit GW2’s version is my least favorite out of them all.

I find rangers quite good against thiefs tbh. Especially when they can res so fast. Underwater I find rangers are actually impossible to kill, whilst on land a ranger is a 50/50 in an evenly skilled fight. A couple of things that are really helpful…

Using Hunters call right before a thief stealths and the birds will flock in on the thief, deal damage and give away their position for a reasonable period of time. This can do around 5k damage and if they were relying on that stealth to survive they are as good as screwed. Also if the ranger does get downed, they have access to thunderclap that denies a finish from stealth and can get their pet to attack until Lick Wounds is available. Greatsword provides alot of good utilities including a block, cripple, evade, daze, swoop (gap closer) and stun. Throw in a GS with entangle and/or Hunters call and the thief is in trouble. If you run SB, try to bait out an early dagger storm and immediately switch to GS so that his ranged damage negation is negated for the rest of the fight :p And a trap is always good.

Make note, I didn’t say a ranger vs a thief struggles. I said a ranger countering stealth such as what the OP was trying to do in this video. For example, when a thief uses Shadow Refuge, some classes have some ways to make that dicey for a thief. A ranger really doesn’t that doesn’t involve luck. And Shadow Refuge is a fight reset ability.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I liked Warhammer Online’s approach to stealth. Stealth had a timer. I think it was like 20 seconds or so. The only purpose of stealth was to grant Witch Hunters and Witch Elves the ability to access the enemy lines to take someone out – that’s it!

Stealth classes in every MMO are always OP just by the simple fact that it allows those classes to pick and choose their battles and plan out their approach. For thieves in GW2 right now it’s indefinite, whereas every other class must think on their feet and deal with the blows as they come. You can nerf their damage as much as you want. The problem is they have an insane amount of survivability because they can bow out of any fight that’s too tough for them.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The simple solution is to make any weapon skill usage cause reveal rather than only ones that hit. This would prevent the Smoke Screen / Cluster Bomb combo from granting unlimited stealth without destroying the stealth mechanic itself.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: guardiaN.1640

guardiaN.1640

afaik you wont be able to catch or even kill a well played thief.

thats how it is : )

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

solutions:
-if damage is taken while in stealth.. the damage numbers should appear the the player delivering the attack.
-If hit by a critical attack while stealth, you should be revealed
-All traps triggered by a stealth player should cause the player to be revealed
-Any attack from stealth if blocked should reveal the player
-If targeting a player that enters stealth, and not acquiring a new target before the stealth player reappears, should automatically re-target
-The first attack from dropping from stealth OR from being stealth should have the same bonuses as the attack from stealth.

-signed.

I like all these ideas.

currently a thief can just stealth and no damage will effect that stealth at all. nothing can break it. Which is stupid.

As for the video the OP posted – that’s just a disgustingly good example on how stupid stealth is in this game. Come on Anet – start thinking a bit harder. You started off saying “stealth is a incredibly powerful mechanic that should be used sparingly.” Now you let thieves have a perma stealth build option.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Xelonir.5921

Xelonir.5921

That’s the real issue, the amount of resources/time/players it takes to counter even a few players running perma-stealth builds is disproportionate to the amount of effort required to play these builds, as well as to the effort required to counter any tactic by a similar number of players running any other class/build.

This is IMHO the key problem with stealth in WvW.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Advice to budding developers (because Anet’s won’t learn): NEVER put stealth classes in a mulitplayer game.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Advice to budding developers (because Anet’s won’t learn): NEVER put stealth classes in a mulitplayer game.

Well, stealth is alright if it is implemented properly.

Look at games like LoL/Dota – there is stealth there too but because there are counters (wards, dust of appearance) and because stealthed characters don’t have the best mobility and burst in the game it can be balanced.

You also can’t stealth every 4 seconds.

Edit: You’re not wrong though, stealth is hard to balance properly.

Edit: Before all the Thieves (well, other Thieves, because I have one too) come and spout the same old “then why isn’t sPvP dominated by Thieves” nonsense, here is the answer:

There is a counter to stealth in sPvP. It’s called ‘you can’t cap points in stealth’.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

Look at games like LoL/Dota – there is stealth there too but because there are counters (wards, dust of appearance) and because stealthed characters don’t have the best mobility and burst in the game it can be balanced.

Or DAOC…any damage takes you out of stealth, and you cant restealth as long as someone is watching you or you have DOT on you, and while stealthed you move way slower

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Lepew.7890

Lepew.7890

Allow me to translate into whyner.

Waa, waa waa waaa waaaaaaaaaa THIEF waaa waaa. WAA! WAAAAAA! THIEF. Nerf nerf NERRRRRRRRF waa waaa waaaaaa!

McDingus – DDLG guild – Stormbluff Isle

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Or DAOC…any damage takes you out of stealth, and you cant restealth as long as someone is watching you or you have DOT on you, and while stealthed you move way slower

someone posted DAOC stealth mechanics in another thread but missed some of those points. I think DAOC had it done brilliantly. Never played the game but it sounds great. Thieves already have the highest mobility so stealth should be dealt this way and it wouldn’t completely destroy the class, some skills would need a rework of course.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Allow me to translate into whyner.

Waa, waa waa waaa waaaaaaaaaa THIEF Stealth Trap waaa waaa. WAA! WAAAAAA! THIEF Stealth Trap. Nerf nerf NERRRRRRRRF waa waaa waaaaaa!

I believe that’s what everyone did when those traps came out.

Anyway, your argument is sound and backed up with solid evidence. Everyone, look here. This is a fantastic example of how to make your point.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You also can’t stealth every 4 seconds.

No but Weaver (in Dota) can get invisible 4s every 6s and moves at the max possible speed for the whole duration while moving through all the creatures/players as if they weren’t here and damaging them in the process :p

Or there’s Riki which is permanently invisible except 1.5s after doing an action that breaks it before he goes back unseen.

And nearly every single hero or item that goes invisible gets bonus movement speed in the process.

And Nyx Assassin got one of the strongest burst in the game he can do from out of stealth, very well capable of killing in a single rotation of about 1-2s any weaker hero :p

But yeah, there are tools used to reveal the invisible heroes around. Which also have their counters all. Dust can be purged from yourself, see invisible wards can be destroyed and don’t move and don’t last long and the gem of true sight drops on death so that you can loot it and use it yourself, or destroy it instead.

(edited by stof.9341)

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Thief is underpowered in pve, rather weak in spvp but overpowered for roaming in wvw. The main difference is time. You are forced to attack in spvp, whereas you have all the time in the world to kill other roamers in wvw without the same pressure to contribute.
I do believe that d/p needs to be slightly nerfed, by applying the damage of HS after the stealth is done and slightly increasing the initiative costs.
D/d was a straightforward deal: “Get the burst right or die”, with limited escape options. D/p isn’t harder to play but allows too mistakes.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

One time this company made a game with all the same class, same skills, same traits….It never made it out of testing because players just couldnt come to grips with the fact that they were not as good as they thought they were.

I say that jokingly, because it is painfully obvious that people think that class “A” in player “A’s” control should always be able to beat class “B” in player “B’s” control. The variables always come down to: some classes simply aren’t good at beating other classes, and in the end nothing is effective with a poor player controlling it.

Anet already had to nerf two skills (confusion/retaliation) that do absolutely nothing unless you are too stupid to stop attacking. Thieves are hard to catch? They can stealth too much? They also have (one) of the lowest HP pools, and also are one of the squishiest classes.

Also in the original video, why did you need to catch the thief anyway? Was there a mesmer? I mean what damage is a thief gonna do in a keep/SM by himself?

TL/DR: Most thieves like this are trolling you, and the longer you chase them the longer you allow yourself to be trolled. If there is no mesmer there, more than likely the kid would get bored and bail out of the wall on his own.

Mag Server Leader

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

My first thought. Why is any zerg wasting time on a single Thief?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

Stealth classes in every MMO are always OP just by the simple fact that it allows those classes to pick and choose their battles and plan out their approach.

Anyone who has this mindset will forever be terrible at MMO PvP. I am literally disgusted that people have so many issues with stealth based characters in literally every game they play. If you haven’t learned to adapt to the play style yet, you are a hopeless cause.

Yes, stealth characters usually are OP in most MMO’s. For the first month or two. Then, like clockwork, people kitten and complain about them to the point where they are perfectly balanced for that game. But because people have a stigma against it already, they continue to complain under false pretenses that “The Rogue only beat me because of his class, plz nerf!!!”. Yes, reveal timer could be longer, and Anet could get rid of Stealth stacking. Too bad you’re STILL going to die against them and blame the class.

Just look at WoW during The Burning Crusade. Rogues could take down squishy targets easily, but against heavy armored opponents (Warriors + Paladins) they had to resort to asinine tactics to even compete. But people continued to complain, and when WotLK came out, Rogues really weren’t up to snuff anymore.

Funny how that same mentality still applies to GW2, where EVERY class is squishy unless geared for more sustain. But apparently people just want to be Glass Cannons, then complain when they shatter from a hammer to the face against a class designed to pick it’s battles.

Throw some Knight’s gear on there, deal with the slightly less damage, and survive Thief bursts with ease. It’ not like Thieves don’t have the LOWEST base HP pool in the game (Guardians have Heavy Armor and constant Regen, so they really don’t apply).

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

The only thing you need to quickly kill a thief is a better thief on your side.

Everyone else should just move along, you’re just wasting your time, especially if its those 30 shadow arts thieves. They can’t kill you, you won’t kill them. Waste of your time and theirs.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

The simple solution is to make any weapon skill usage cause reveal rather than only ones that hit. This would prevent the Smoke Screen / Cluster Bomb combo from granting unlimited stealth without destroying the stealth mechanic itself.

I find this solution acceptable and while it would change the way I play my thief it would be a small change and I myself (despite playing a thief) do believe that perma-stealth should not be possible.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

McFribble.2349

I find this solution acceptable and while it would change the way I play my thief it would be a small change and I myself (despite playing a thief) do believe that perma-stealth should not be possible.

^^ I agree with this, but making it on missed attack would not work at all. Infinite stealth IS bogus and shouldn’t exist, but there is no reason why a missed attack should screw up an entire build when skill lag is still a very OBVIOUS issue in this game.

Infinite stealth does need to go, though.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

To catch a thief guardian gs 5 I caught the theif

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: dazed.4152

dazed.4152

To fix perma-stealth they could just make heart-seeker a 20% chance of being a leap finisher.

[DERP]

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

McFribble.2349

To fix perma-stealth they could just make heart-seeker a 20% chance of being a leap finisher.

Or they could just prevent stacking stealth while in stealth. You know, stop the problem akittens source?

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Master of Timespace.2548

Thieves are hard to catch? They can stealth too much? They also have (one) of the lowest HP pools, and also are one of the squishiest classes.

You are just clueless if you think so. Roll a real thief build and see how squishy you actually are xD. (If you are, you just suck :P)

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

McFribble.2349

Thieves are hard to catch? They can stealth too much? They also have (one) of the lowest HP pools, and also are one of the squishiest classes.

You are just clueless if you think so. Roll a real thief build and see how squishy you actually are xD.

You mean how even with full Vit/Toughness gear they can only manage to get 18k HP even with food?

My Warrior gets that in full Zerker and not a single point on Vit. Yes, Thieves ARE squishy. They just have a lot of evasive options. Learn the difference.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Master of Timespace.2548

You are just clueless if you think so. Roll a real thief build and see how squishy you actually are xD.

You mean how even with full Vit/Toughness gear they can only manage to get 18k HP even with food?

My Warrior gets that in full Zerker and not a single point on Vit. Yes, Thieves ARE squishy. They just have a lot of evasive options. Learn the difference.

If you feel that you are somehow “easy to kill” / “squishy” as a thief, you are just a bad player. I’m not even a good thief yet I hardly ever die. If I do it’s because I did something super stupid. (like ran to legendary defenders)

Learn the difference.

I have already: evasion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> face tanking.

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

A profession that does little outside pestering the enemy and pwning in 1v1’s

Lol. Pestering and pwning in 1v1s gives far more satisfaction and is much more rewarding than taking some impersonal tower or keep.

1v1s are what really matter from an emotional point of view. Group play is overrated.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

McFribble.2349

If you feel that you are somehow “easy to kill” / “squishy” as a thief, you are just a bad player. I’m not even a good thief yet I hardly ever die. If I do it’s because I did something super stupid. (like ran to legendary defenders)

Learn the difference.

I have already: evasion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> face tanking.

You are denying that Thieves can’t take much abuse before dying. That is what squishy means. Try to save face all you want, but you are wrong, plain and simple.

AVOIDING an attack is very different from eating one. And under the right circumstances, any class can force a Thief to eat a hefty number of attacks either killing him or forcing him to run away.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

McFribble.2349

A profession that does little outside pestering the enemy and pwning in 1v1’s

Lol. Pestering and pwning in 1v1s gives far more satisfaction and is much more rewarding than taking some impersonal tower or keep.

1v1s are what really matter from an emotional point of view. Group play is overrated.

Said every Call of Duty Xbro in the world.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Because that single Thief can place a Supply trap right underneath the zerg, without anyone noticing, and blow up 100supply that the zerg is carrying.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

King Amadaeus.8619

You are just clueless if you think so. Roll a real thief build and see how squishy you actually are xD. (If you are, you just suck :P)

Hey troll back to your cave, most would agree thieves are squishy….I have 3k armor on mine, and while it is tanky, it does not always seem as though I have 3k armor.

As for the sucking, well you know what to do.

My point really was, (I guess I will explain it fully for this kid), you can trait toughness, but likely wont have much vitality. You can trait both of those, but likely won’t have “thief” dps, there is a balance there….No one was saying you couldnt be evasive/elusive and still be somewhat tanky.

The point was essentially: for what thieves gain in mobility, and damage (to an extent) they also lose in toughness/vitality (IE: If you hit them you do considerable damage).

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

My point really was, (I guess I will explain it fully for this kid), you can trait toughness, but likely wont have much vitality. You can trait both of those, but likely won’t have “thief” dps, there is a balance there….No one was saying you couldnt be evasive/elusive and still be somewhat tanky.

The point was essentially: for what thieves gain in mobility, and damage (to an extent) they also lose in toughness/vitality (IE: If you hit them you do considerable damage).

So, to put it short…just like every other class in game

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Dual.8953

Because that single Thief can place a Supply trap right underneath the zerg, without anyone noticing, and blow up 100supply that the zerg is carrying.

So? Mesmers can, stealth entire zergs for 3 seconds, port 20 people into the center of strongholds, and increase the speed at which doors go down. Any class with a fire field or blast finisher can supply their whole squad with 25 stacks of might. Warriors can be as fast as thieves and almost as tough as guards all while dishing out high damage. Engies and Necros can be extremely tough nuts to crack while afflicting the enemy with almost every condition imaginable. Any uplevel with enough badges can set up a trap in wait of an impending siege.

What’s a zerg doing standing around in the open anyways? If they’re sieging, they’ll have used all the necessary supplies before the trap was set, if they’re at a supply camp, they’re at a supply camp, if they’re in open field combat, things will be going to fast for the trap to be useful, and if they’re on the move, the thief would have to set the trap ahead of the zerg, because even with stealth, it’d take too long to set the trap for it to be useful.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

Stealth classes in every MMO are always OP just by the simple fact that it allows those classes to pick and choose their battles and plan out their approach.

Anyone who has this mindset will forever be terrible at MMO PvP. I am literally disgusted that people have so many issues with stealth based characters in literally every game they play. If you haven’t learned to adapt to the play style yet, you are a hopeless cause.

Yes, stealth characters usually are OP in most MMO’s. For the first month or two. Then, like clockwork, people kitten and complain about them to the point where they are perfectly balanced for that game. But because people have a stigma against it already, they continue to complain under false pretenses that “The Rogue only beat me because of his class, plz nerf!!!”. Yes, reveal timer could be longer, and Anet could get rid of Stealth stacking. Too bad you’re STILL going to die against them and blame the class.

Just look at WoW during The Burning Crusade. Rogues could take down squishy targets easily, but against heavy armored opponents (Warriors + Paladins) they had to resort to asinine tactics to even compete. But people continued to complain, and when WotLK came out, Rogues really weren’t up to snuff anymore.

Funny how that same mentality still applies to GW2, where EVERY class is squishy unless geared for more sustain. But apparently people just want to be Glass Cannons, then complain when they shatter from a hammer to the face against a class designed to pick it’s battles.

Throw some Knight’s gear on there, deal with the slightly less damage, and survive Thief bursts with ease. It’ not like Thieves don’t have the LOWEST base HP pool in the game (Guardians have Heavy Armor and constant Regen, so they really don’t apply).

You just quoted part of what I said, and then said I’m terrible without stating one thing wrong with my arguments. Thieves have an insane amount of burst, and when the going gets tough they can leave the fight. Stealth as a mechanic should only be used as a gap closer, not an I don’t feel like losing button.

BTW I’m not a guardian, I’m an ele..so don’t cry to me about health pools.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Also, a thief running that type of build can have 18-20k HP, around 2.5k armor, regenerate health and lose conditions in stealth, be able to dodge 3-4 times in a row, has ranged and melee blinds up all the time, 2-4 teleport skills/stunbreakers. ANNNNND can be built to have over 100% crit damage without food and have every attack from stealth crit automatically, so that glass cannon rife warrior will die, fast, like really really fast, sorry homey.

Please share this build.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

King Amadaeus.8619

So, to put it short…just like every other class in game

You do realize that different classes have different vitality/HP pools right?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health

So no…..Not just like every other class, you have to sacrifice one for the other (to some extent) if you want to maintain the kind of DPS that a thief is accustomed to.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

So?

I love how the things you mention all require OTHER PLAYERS to actually matter.
A Mesmer needs a zerg to have his portal be useful. And actual Golems for his Timewarp to matter.

A Thief only needs only him himself to trolololol a zerg or keep to high heavens.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Also, a thief running that type of build can have 18-20k HP, around 2.5k armor, regenerate health and lose conditions in stealth, be able to dodge 3-4 times in a row, has ranged and melee blinds up all the time, 2-4 teleport skills/stunbreakers. ANNNNND can be built to have over 100% crit damage without food and have every attack from stealth crit automatically, so that glass cannon rife warrior will die, fast, like really really fast, sorry homey.

Please share this build.

Ok, if you insist.
(Might need to swap a trait for condition removal, I think this is my easymode permastealther, you can still get permanent stealth without one of the iniative regen traits though, just requires good timing with hide in shadows and shadow refuge when you run out of initiative, shadow return works fine for condition removal though, if you’re planning to stay invisible most of the time anyway, or you can use foods to reduce condition duration, the build is pretty flexible)

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

(edited by Thrashbarg.9820)

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Without doing any damage he delayed you for 15 minutes.. sounds like a l2p issue to me.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Please share this build.

Ok, if you insist.
(Might need to swap a trait for condition removal, I think this is my easymode permastealther, you can still get permanent stealth without one of the iniative regen traits though, just requires good timing with hide in shadows and shadow refuge when you run out of initiative, shadow return works fine for condition removal though, if you’re planning to stay invisible most of the time anyway, or you can use foods to reduce condition duration, the build is pretty flexible)

interesting… may need to try that out thanks!

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Posted by: Maketso.5602

Maketso.5602

L2P issue. Stealth is balanced. You should just hit thief not air.

Go back to the Thief forums. He clearly posted a video, and stated thakittens not a L2P issue. He covered the basics of attempting to kill any annoying Thief, and its obvious their Anet’s golden child, its ridiculous at this point.

Thieves uncatchable?

in Thief

Dual.8953

L2P issue. Stealth is balanced. You should just hit thief not air.

Go back to the Thief forums. He clearly posted a video, and stated thakittens not a L2P issue. He covered the basics of attempting to kill any annoying Thief, and its obvious their Anet’s golden child, its ridiculous at this point.

You’re kidding right? Bottom tier in Dungeons, mediocre in SPvP, basically useless in a zerg v zerg. Thieves are exclusively lords of the small. Anything above small scale encounters in WvW like Dolyaks and they are easily outperformed.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter