Things we really need

Things we really need

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I think in the light of specs and general state of classes, thief just really needs update. Our mechanics and whole trade off design is just outdated. Period.

I am not going to put which trait or spell should be changed, it is not my job. I will just list what we really lacking:

- we need ways to get through blocks/invuls. Reason is: before spec patch and HoT specs invuls and blocks were something rather rare. Now it is is everywhere and too frequent. Combine it with blinds/perma weakness/prot we just have close to no window to do any dmg. Given how risky thief is already it is just too unrewarding to even bother do any dmg. What is the point of high risk anymore even?

- We need more ways to remove weakness. Our main survival is in stealth/dodges and offensive dmg. We do NOT have anything else really. Possibly moblity to run away, but it is not survival in battle. Weakness is too prevalent imo. I understand why SE was changed and accounting all the burning flying around atm i guess the change was good but it doesn’t change the fact that we really need some way to get rid of weakness.

- We DESPERADELY need some dmg mitigation. Whole glass cannon logic does not work anymore. It made sense when classes needed to sacrifice survival for dmg or dmg for survival but it is not the case anymore. Everyone is extremely bunkery now while dishing too much dmg. We are ONLY class in entire game that still has to drop everything (including mobility/cc) in form of survival stats/utilities/CDs/ini to actually do any meaningful dmg to enemy. It also gets worse when you account all the passives and aoes other classses have. Give us prot, condi resistance idc. JUST ANYTHING. Stealth/evades simply won’t cut it in HoT.

- Condis, condis everywhere. 2 years ago avoiding some attacks and ocasionaly a circle would do it. Not anymore. You get condi on you by just being in fighting area, so much aoe; you hit someone -> you get condis on you; someone moves/ports to you -> you get condis. How the hell are we supposely to actively react to such passive design? Wtb more condi cleanse. Nothing else to say here.

- as cringeworthy it is, as brainless it is, we need more passives. I do not see other classes passives getting suddenly nerfed for the sake of thief. So, if you can’t beat them, join them. We need some (defensive) passive.

- give us SOMETHING to counter reveal. Anything. Please. If not, then give us ability to shut down half of other classes mechanics to make it fair. Thank you.

Discuss.

Things we really need

in Thief

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

I can’t really second this any more. Especially the cringing about more passive “carry me” traits.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Things we really need

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m disappointed in admitting that I’d welcome passives the way the game is now after being so adamant about “there should be counterplay”.

I really dont see any way to keep thieves reasonably ‘balanced’ with the class spread the way it is now.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Things we really need

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Personally, I would prefer much more active defense capability instead of passives (think of Ninja Gaiden).

But I would like some offensive passives. Such as ignoring opponent’s defensive skills/boons/traits… ESPECIALLY passive defenses.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Things we really need

in Thief

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

thief is a kittening joke right now nothing more to say another than that and i dont see anet fixing all the major problems with thief right now unless thye just start reverting changes but lets be honest anets never been a company willing to admit mistakes when they have them they will carry mistakes to the grave no longer how terrible

Things we really need

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

We need fixes to bugged skills and traits first. That could be the better buff we can hope to get.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!