Trapper's Respite is back!

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Check your Deadly Arts line, it’s changed back <3

Also Resourceful Trapper has been changed to that old Vulnerability/Might + 20% CD.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

It kinda sucks. Withdraw casts the trap at the end of the roll (as it does with runes that do stuff when you heal), making it super unweildy. Traps gets rolled through randomly, and minions love to step into them.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

I’m just so happy to have it! :-D
I’ve been running S/D and Shortbow with Trapper’s Respite and Deadly Trapper. Along with Flanking Strike. I’m quite excited today! :-D

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Quinci.5968

Quinci.5968

I’m having a lot of fun stealthing when I use Withdraw.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Well at least there’s that instead of our garbage tier Dagger Training. +1 to that, I hope Anet doesn’t take it away from you because it was a “mistake” due to their general stupidity and incompetence.

For your sake, I hope it stays.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It is a lot of fun on that withdraw . You can also have two of these up now as well and that a lot of fun.

I really like IMprov with the trapper build as well given I use a trick/traps/ and a venom anyone of hose reetting to instant use is a huge boon to a fight.

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

But they nerfed the internal cooldown from the old 10s to 30s.

But being able to stack 4 traps (2x needle trap + 2 others) deals quite some condition damage since you apply 20 vulnerability and get 20 might when the traps are triggered.

Though i noticed ambush and shadow trap are bugged and don’t give the 5 might.
Also the Shadow Trap does only give 10 might stacks when shadow stepping to the enemy while the tooltip says 15 ….

I thought about creating a trapper build, but there are 2 things i’d like to see change.
1. the torment on interrupt is competing against bountiful theft.
2. they nerfed the GM poison trait from 50% damage bonus to only 10%. (i’d rather see the duration part nerfed since duration is useless when enemies remove their conditions every 5 seconds)

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

But they nerfed the internal cooldown from the old 10s to 30s.

But being able to stack 4 traps (2x needle trap + 2 others) deals quite some condition damage since you apply 20 vulnerability and get 20 might when the traps are triggered.

Though i noticed ambush and shadow trap are bugged and don’t give the 5 might.
Also the Shadow Trap does only give 10 might stacks when shadow stepping to the enemy while the tooltip says 15 ….

I thought about creating a trapper build, but there are 2 things i’d like to see change.
1. the torment on interrupt is competing against bountiful theft.
2. they nerfed the GM poison trait from 50% damage bonus to only 10%. (i’d rather see the duration part nerfed since duration is useless when enemies remove their conditions every 5 seconds)

Yes they lowered raised the cooldown but it still affected by deadly trapper bringing it down to 24 seconds.

Since it unlikely you would trait trickster in said build that 6 seconds longer then your withdraw. I guess some might see a use for it with a SOM as heal build but people using Signet of malice tend not to want to use that active heal.