Uniformal Reveal Time

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: XPGAMER.7324

XPGAMER.7324

I’m still trying to figure out why the reveal time in pvp is 4 seconds, while in WvW and PvE, it’s 3 seconds. Why not just make the time a uniform 3 seconds? Would definitely help from transitioning between WvW and pvp(I’ve started doing some lately DX ) and would probably make d/d a bit more viable which would b kewl

Just askin for opinions from players that pvp alot, and whether or not they think that a uniformal 3 second reveal time would be a good change. I’m not sure the reason for the difference, but if any of you know it, please feel free to point it out. Thanks for reading<3

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Yeah I never got why they changed it to 4 seconds for PvP…just bring it down to 3 seconds.

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

make it 5 seconds all over. Boost damage on stealth attacks by 3% – DONE.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Azawrath.7304

Azawrath.7304

An additional 2 seconds forced out of stealth is enough time for a good player to destroy a thief, no thanks. And if it was going to be 5 seconds I think a bigger damage boost than 3% would need to even it out. 10-15%??

Azawrath the Silent – Thief
Primi Agminis Legio [PAL]
Yaks Bend

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

People will then complain that the backstab does more damage, and then the nerf-cycle begins anew.

It always throws me, revealed being 4 seconds in PvP. Considering the meta builds aren’t heavily stealth based (by which I mean they don’t use 30 SA) and a D/P thief trying to backstab as soon as he can every time is usually a dead thief, it wouldn’t hurt to have it as 3 secs all around.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Prysin.8542

An additional 2 seconds forced out of stealth is enough time for a good player to destroy a thief, no thanks. And if it was going to be 5 seconds I think a bigger damage boost than 3% would need to even it out. 10-15%??

people want thief nerfs and to balance stealth. This would offset it. Seriously though. Unless you burn ini like a madman, you should have enough ini for a blind and 2-3 evades (DD 3 or SD 3 or SB 3). That SHOULD be enough to keep you going “until next stealth”.

3% may be a bit low, i was thinking DD damage (which is the set most affected by this “nerf”) however, i would say 10% is a bit too much. 5%?

I think, longer revealed time and a trait (adept minor?) granting 3-4 seconds of protection upon revealed would offset and make it fair. It would also balance out the “unfairness” of others being able to force you to be revealed (rangers and soon also engineers).

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

people want thief nerfs and to balance stealth. This would offset it. Seriously though. Unless you burn ini like a madman, you should have enough ini for a blind and 2-3 evades (DD 3 or SD 3 or SB 3). That SHOULD be enough to keep you going “until next stealth”.

3% may be a bit low, i was thinking DD damage (which is the set most affected by this “nerf”) however, i would say 10% is a bit too much. 5%?

I think, longer revealed time and a trait (adept minor?) granting 3-4 seconds of protection upon revealed would offset and make it fair. It would also balance out the “unfairness” of others being able to force you to be revealed (rangers and soon also engineers).

Give me protection in revealed, make me a god.
Tho I’d love this change.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Give me protection in revealed, make me a god.
Tho I’d love this change.

Change the (currently useless) acro XIII grandmaster to give a second of protection instead of stability, and then we can talk about longer revealed time.

While a minor trait for protection when revealed would be all kinds of awesome, I seriously doubt we’d get something that good unless we trait heavily for it :/

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Yeah I never got why they changed it to 4 seconds for PvP…just bring it down to 3 seconds.

It was originally changed since thieves were wrecking anybody who tried to stand on a point or tried to get to one. With the extra second, people were able to start fighting back better, so they kept it like that. But with all the thief nerfs since then for sPvP only, I think it may be time to put it back to 3 seconds.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

Change the (currently useless) acro XIII grandmaster to give a second of protection instead of stability, and then we can talk about longer revealed time.

While a minor trait for protection when revealed would be all kinds of awesome, I seriously doubt we’d get something that good unless we trait heavily for it :/

I don’t think stealth related traits have any business being in Acrobatics.

They really should make it a Shadow Arts master trait to make people choose between condi removal, blind on stealth, or protection on revealed. They could also just add it on to the master minor trait so we get increased stealth duration and protection when entering or on reveal with a cooldown. Essentially a toned down version of PU. Probably OP though.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

3 to 5 sec reveal = 65% You would have to increase stealth attacks DMG by 65% to give it the Same Effect no 10 % lol

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Yes, yes yes yes and yes, make it all the same. I think I can live with reveal being stuck at 4 seconds all around (but would really prefer 3 seconds). My timing is terribly off in PvP whenever I return to it.

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I don’t think stealth related traits have any business being in Acrobatics.

They really should make it a Shadow Arts master trait to make people choose between condi removal, blind on stealth, or protection on revealed. They could also just add it on to the master minor trait so we get increased stealth duration and protection when entering or on reveal with a cooldown. Essentially a toned down version of PU. Probably OP though.

Imo, we already have so many traits that make SA necessary to go to. You can chose not to invest any points in SA but the survivability goes down by a lot.

If every class would be given a reveal skill to counter us and with other changes, protection in reveal should be global, ie no traits to get access to this boon. If Anet makes it a trait in SA with no other changes to thief class and just to keep us quiet, this trait would be just like PU and would have the same effect on our class. Every build without it would struggle with survival, with that trait we’d be close to unkillable.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Prysin.8542

3 to 5 sec reveal = 65% You would have to increase stealth attacks DMG by 65% to give it the Same Effect no 10 % lol

increasing the damage by 65% is a ludicrous idea in the first place. Backstab hits more then hard enough as is, even with ferocity nerf. If damage was buffed, you would probably lose several of your utilities or see them nerfed into the ground.

To fulfill the desires of the community (not the theif one) to reduce the stealth mechanic’s unfair advantages.
By increasing revealed time, and granting a secondary form of “defense” for the thief (IE; Protection/aegis/regeneration for few seconds upon getting revealed) will balance out the “loss of defense” on the thiefs side.

Ideally, i think the best solution would be for thief to lose the “Haste” utility and gain a “block and retaliate with 100% crit chance” utility. A short duration block, 3-4 seconds, with a cooldown around 25 seconds. This, in conjunction with something likie protection upon revealed, would grant thieves the tools they need to survive even without stealth, on a stealth heavy build.

Ideally, stealth durations COULD be increased by 1 second to accomodate for the longer downtime. This would benefit thieves as they would get more time to set up their strikes.

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Splits are made so that OP skills are balanced in PvP. While still OP or cheese in PvE/WvW

Just like the increased PW cost in PvP

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

(edited by Menzies The Heretic.3415)

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Actually just made a post about this and Cloak and Dagger in the Balance forums.

Melder – Thief

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Prysin pls…stop trying to turn a thief into a ranger.
5sec revealed is just dumb. A dd thief Has Nothing to spend ini for except cnd and hs. 3 and 4 are trash. Blocks do Not fit to thief, we evade stuff or stealth out.
Btw, thief once Had protection (shadow protector beta), was op and didnt fit to thief.

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The simple answer would be that whoever is in charge of designing Thief is just bad at their Job.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Prysin.8542

Prysin pls…stop trying to turn a thief into a ranger.
5sec revealed is just dumb. A dd thief Has Nothing to spend ini for except cnd and hs. 3 and 4 are trash. Blocks do Not fit to thief, we evade stuff or stealth out.
Btw, thief once Had protection (shadow protector beta), was op and didnt fit to thief.

if i wanted thief to be a ranger, i’d give it a longbow with 3 second stun and heartseeker damage on stealth attack.

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Prysin.8542

The simple answer would be that whoever is in charge of designing Thief is just bad at their Job.

u saying its a bad thief?

really? So it’s a L2P issue?

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Just askin for opinions from players that pvp alot, and whether or not they think that a uniformal 3 second reveal time would be a good change. I’m not sure the reason for the difference, but if any of you know it, please feel free to point it out. Thanks for reading<3

Once upon a time, before the Thief’s “MAAAAASSIVE” buff, revealed was set for 3 seconds across the board by the time the game was released.

Then there’s the PvP outcry that stealth is too hard to counter and given with the human natural reflex respond time, 3 seconds revealed only gives a 1 second window for counter play. Thus the revealed was changed to 4 seconds across the board, but that was too harsh. Soon after the change, PvE and WvW players complained that 4 seconds is too long of a “cooldown” between stealth that it ruins certain rotations and breaks some DPS builds (imagine adding 1 second on your D/D rotation when fighting a boss). ArenaNet responded by rolling back the changes in PvE and WvW and keeping the change in PvP.

Then the “MAAAAASSIVE” buff ruined it all afterwards…

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

it would probably be more balanced if they made the uniform reveal time to be 4 seconds instead of 3.

I do agree that it should be uniform though.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: XPGAMER.7324

XPGAMER.7324

Would be nice to see this done in the upcoming patch

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Several things needs to happen in PvE and WvW before ArenaNEt attempts to bring revealed timer back up to 4s again — or they can simply make one change.

If they change “sneak attacks” to “flanking attacks”, this would mean that backstab and other sneak attack will only require that the Thief is at flanking position — no more stealth required. Stealth will simply be a utility mechanic instead of the conduit that makes the other build works. I mean, some sneak attacks has 2 requirement, for example backstab, which requires the Thief to be 1) in stealth and 2) at the back.

They can then assign “flanking skill” to F2 and put it on a five-seconds cooldown — then they can go crazy with revealed timer.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

they did it to stop the river of tears that flooded the forum at the time.
same as the mug (nable to crit) nerf and the dancing dagger uncalled for nerf and so on and so forward… no one understands and they dont explain the reasons why they do it either so… we’ll never know…

Uniformal Reveal Time

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Reveal needs to be 3 sec in pvp

CnD nerf needs to be reverted

Mug nerf reverted

Keep SB nerfs but nerf the other classes AoE spam garbage