Venomshare vs Zerk (Dungeons)

in Thief

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Awhile ago I did some math on VS vs Zerk and found out that fights lasting longer then 15 seconds Venomshare came out with more damage then Zerk. However this was not taking into account Icebow. So here are the updated numbers if you include Icebow into the rotations.

Zerk: Deadly/Crit/Trick Assassins/agility/Haste Berzerker
VS: Deadly/Crit/Shadow Spider/Skale/Calitropes Sinister

Max Frostbow Hits

Zerk
Seconds to 300k Damage:
5.841 seconds
30 Second Rotation DPS:
22152 DPS

VS
Seconds to 300k Damage:
Seconds to 300k Damage with Double Venoms:
3.75 (in reality this is prob closer to 5 seconds)
30 Second Rotation DPS:
15498 DPS
30 Second Rotation DPS with Double Venoms:
19493 DPS

10 Frostbow Hits

Zerk
Seconds to 300k Damage:
11.352 seconds
30 Second Rotation DPS:
17713 DPS

VS
Seconds to 300k Damage:
Seconds to 300k Damage with Double Venom:
VS 30 second rotation DPS:
13622 DPS
30 Second Rotation DPS with Double Venoms:
17618 DPS

MAAAATH

*Double Venom is when you apply venoms before a fight starts so they come off cooldown right as everyone finishes applying the first set of venoms.
*All unticked conditions have been accounted for.
*All traits/utilities/buffs/haste have been accounted for.

Conclusions:
As long as you can get your double venoms off, Venomshare is unquestionably better then Berzerker. If icebow ever gets nerfed; you won’t even have to do the double venoms in order to beat Berzerker builds.

Note: Some people have said that VS lacks the blind and stealth utility that Zerk thief does, those same people fail to realize how fast it is to swap out weapons and utility skills for trash fights.

Attachments:

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

(edited by Scootabuser.4915)

in Thief

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

I tried venomshare after the patch, and while it was great at dealing dmg against world bosses and end-dungeon bosses, it wasnt very good at dealing with trash mobs. One major drawback was the very low dmg against objects (such as the oil above gates in ascalon fractal), since you can’t apply your conditions to them. I changed back to berserker eventually, but I’d say the venoms are more “fun” to play in general.

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

I tried venomshare after the patch, and while it was great at dealing dmg against world bosses and end-dungeon bosses, it wasnt very good at dealing with trash mobs. One major drawback was the very low dmg against objects (such as the oil above gates in ascalon fractal), since you can’t apply your conditions to them. I changed back to berserker eventually, but I’d say the venoms are more “fun” to play in general.

Trash mobs usually have such little health and die so fast that it doesn’t make a big difference. As for buildings there are 1 or 2 paths you want to avoid, but even with a sinister build you’ll still do enough damage with the icebow4 to crush them.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

What about zerker gear with VS?

Just wondering, because dmg from skale venom is not consistent, some mobs just sit and don’t move, then you have bleeds from caltrops/ice storm and poison (btw why you assume 10 hits on IB with zerker and 24 with VS?) So how much dps could zerker do with VS traits ? Does the VS calculation account for the condi dmg you provide to the party too?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

What about zerker gear with VS?

Just wondering, because dmg from skale venom is not consistent, some mobs just sit and don’t move, then you have bleeds from caltrops/ice storm and poison (btw why you assume 10 hits on IB with zerker and 24 with VS?) So how much dps could zerker do with VS traits ? Does the VS calculation account for the condi dmg you provide to the party too?

Skale venom’s moving vs not moving doesn’t change the conclusion that utilizing double venoms is much stronger then zerk in fights lasting longer then 10 seconds (literally all of them except hard core speedrunners). And that not utilizing the biggest advantage of the build makes it horrible.

Bleeds from caltropes and ice storm were calculated accordingly.

I actually have zerk 10 hits, zerk 24 hits, venomshare 10 hits, and venomshare24 hits to compare the difference between normal and huge bosses: spoilers: icebow is super OP.

Zerk with venom share traits do far less damage then sinister VS and zerk trick because one of the main advantages of wearing zerk is you can take the trickery line which gives you leading attacks which drastically increases your dps (10-12%). Likewise running sinister gear makes venomshare super strong.

Yes

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I find a Condi build takes down trash mobs faster then a power build.

I am testing d/d in a condition build focused on poison using Orr runes. Each DB can inflict up to 9 total stacks of bleeds and one can generally get 4 or 5 of these off against a mob before INI out.

Assuming 5 this means some 45 total stacks of bleed. traiting Spider venom and dagger training will add around 15 stacks poison. If this down over a Caltrops that mob will melt. I do this in WvW with that large wolfpack just under the Cliff at Garrison attracting as many wolves as possible to me and allowing the howls.

traited leeching venoms and SOM my health remains at full even in a pack of a dozen and more. This can be followed up by a daggerstorm which , at its end , will see INI refilled.

If traited for improv that caltrops and DS or venom might well recharge allowing immediate reuse. Trash mobs melt.

As to Pve against champions using this build with venomshare you can stay in battle perpetually only withdrawing for a fraction of the time and using venomshare I have seen poison ticks of over 6k along with 4k plus bleed ticks on a single enemy. This 10k+ damage in addition to your other damage and possible torment damage if skale used and without resorting to stealth at all. These larger "bursts’ of condition damage do happen in waves but you can generally get that large burst ticking for at least 4 or 5 seconds

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

I am testing d/d in a condition build focused on poison using Orr runes. Each DB can inflict up to 9 total stacks of bleeds and one can generally get 4 or 5 of these off against a mob before INI out.

Assuming 5 this means some 45 total stacks of bleed.

How do you get 9 stacks? its 3 stacks per death blossom (you can apply that on up to 3 targets but its no more than 3 stacks per target). IF you use an earth sigil (60% chance bleed on crit for 5s) you may get upto 6 stacks if you are very lucky (but normally its closer to 4 or 5). But those earth sigil stacks will run out twice as quick as the DB ones. Thieves have no traits which grant bleed on hit/ crit. As such, the DB + Caltrops rota caps out at 35 ish bleeds max (and to achieve even that you may need the uncatchable trait).

Solo roaming and trash mobs are definitely best dealt with zerker S/P because of cleaves and blinds. However, with bosses, I do agree that I am finding, especially for longer fights, VS fights are quicker/ better. But the latter still relies on your group being close together, in pugs, if they spread out e.g. Mai Trin then the loss in dps is very noticeable.

As I pug a a lot these days, I tend to keep my sinister set in the cupboard. Also note, zerker gear is much better for solo roaming 95% of the time (the exceptions are if you encounter husks or difficult [read: hard/fast hitting] mobs).

in Thief

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

1. Why does your thief has over 14k HP?
2. Why does your thief only has 2.6 crit dmg Oo
3. Why does your thief only 170k dmg with 24 icebow hits Oo i would cry and delete my thief when she would ever deal so low dmg. Icebow 4 should hit with 12k at least. I usually hit with around 16k with food.

The dmg you calculated is incredible low when i compare it with the dmg I deal / what is shown in my dps Meter overlay.

Ahh and 4. Why the heck deals every heartseeker the same amount of dmg? Cause of lead attack it should be reduced after each use..

It seems to me that you missed a few traits like Ferocious Strikes and revealed training

Edit: Btw what is lotus venom? Do you mean lotus strike?

[rT]

(edited by Anubarak.3012)

in Thief

babazhook.6805

How do you get 9 stacks? its 3 stacks per death blossom (you can apply that on up to 3 targets but its no more than 3 stacks per target). IF you use an earth sigil (60% chance bleed on crit for 5s) you may get upto 6 stacks if you are very lucky (but normally its closer to 4 or 5). But those earth sigil stacks will run out twice as quick as the DB ones. Thieves have no traits which grant bleed on hit/ crit. As such, the DB + Caltrops rota caps out at 35 ish bleeds max (and to achieve even that you may need the uncatchable trait).

Solo roaming and trash mobs are definitely best dealt with zerker S/P because of cleaves and blinds. However, with bosses, I do agree that I am finding, especially for longer fights, VS fights are quicker/ better. But the latter still relies on your group being close together, in pugs, if they spread out e.g. Mai Trin then the loss in dps is very noticeable.

As I pug a a lot these days, I tend to keep my sinister set in the cupboard. Also note, zerker gear is much better for solo roaming 95% of the time (the exceptions are if you encounter husks or difficult [read: hard/fast hitting] mobs).

You answered your own question. When I am talking about total stacks of bleeds it exactly that.

1 death Blossom attacks up to 3 enemies 3 times each and applies 3 stacks of bleed to each . Thats 9 total stacks. It is an AOE attack and when fighting a group I want to take them all down as quickly as possible.

With dagger training your percentage chance of inflicting a poison goes way up because you are in essence making 9 seperate attacks.

As to SP it also a good choice for fast take down of mobs but I dont see it as a lot faster then a condi build especially if you run with one or two other people. You click on that VS even with one other in your party and your damage output goes way way up.

Addd to that, I just think doing a DB over a pack of ten wolves is more fun then blind and cleave. Personal preference it one of our nicer animations. I have also been jumped on when solo flipping camps when all my stuff on CD and one or two enemy sneak up on me. It real nice to get a rally before they down you because one or two of the guards just bled out.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

1. Why does your thief has over 14k HP? Warrior banners,* I believe and also since there are no sinister backslot items you use i think carrion.*
2. Why does your thief only has 2.6 crit dmg Oo. 266% is where max zerk gear, full party buffs, consumables, and traits brings you up to. If you have a thief with higher crit damage post a screenshot of your in-game window.
3. Why does your thief only 170k dmg with *24
icebow hits Oo i would cry and delete my thief when she would ever deal so low dmg. Icebow 4 should hit with 12k at least. I usually hit with around 16k with food. First of all your numbers make no sense. Second of all that’s prob because I calculated vs 2600 armor enemies and your anecdotal memory is remembering a time you totally did more damage then that.

The dmg you calculated is incredible low when i compare it with the dmg I deal / what is shown in my dps Meter overlay. *I’ll assume by the fact you didnt include a picture or a short clip of yourself perform an opening rotation that your again quoting your own memory.

Ahh and 4. Why the heck deals every heartseeker the same amount of dmg? Cause of lead attack it should be reduced after each use.. Lead attacks was simplified to 12% for the zerk thief build, I did it to reduce the complexity of the calculations, I did however change it to 16% for icebow.

It seems to me that you missed a few traits like Ferocious Strikes and revealed training
Ferocious strikes was added into the crit damage total, and revealed training was accounted for.

Edit: Btw what is lotus venom? Do you mean lotus strike? Prob skale venom

in Thief

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Even at 2600 armor, icebow hits more than 5k. 8k is on the low end, 12k is average.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Thief

Anubarak.3012

This + Flawless Strike (that isnt shown in hero’s panel) = 2.687 crit dmg
With ranger or food it would be even higher. This is just banner of discipline + no Quater

I cant make a video, because I can only play on minimum options on my laptop. If I would start to record I’ll only have 8-10fps but I can make a screenshot soon^^

Attachments:

[rT]

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

This + Flawless Strike (that isnt shown in hero’s panel) = 2.687 crit dmg
With ranger or food it would be even higher. This is just banner of discipline + no Quater

I cant make a video, because I can only play on minimum options on my laptop. If I would start to record I’ll only have 8-10fps but I can make a screenshot soon^^

2.66 mathematically is 266%. I used seaweed salad (the bestfood) for calculations, you no doubt use SnS Soup.

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

Even at 2600 armor, icebow hits more than 5k. 8k is on the low end, 12k is average.

https://youtu.be/BDrYUgZu-V8?t=6m52s

Not after the nerfs, also since conjured weapons have a flat damage, they either crit or dont crit, there is no variation in damage. If you look at any video of a thief with full buffs and 25 might using icebow you don’t see any more then 8500 damage vs low armor targets and 7500 damage vs high armor targets.

in Thief

Anubarak.3012

released at 25.10.2014 Oo
did you ever noticed the massive dmg increase with the 23.6 update???

Edit: i searched for Videos but i could not find a thief pov with all buffs, only duo ele that Hit with 12k against bloomhunger (without warrior Banner)

[rT]

(edited by Anubarak.3012)

in Thief

Scootabuser.4915

released at 25.10.2014 Oo
did you ever noticed the massive dmg increase with the 23.6 update???

Edit: i searched for Videos but i could not find a thief pov with all buffs, only duo ele that Hit with 12k against bloomhunger (without warrior Banner)

https://youtu.be/8IORw_maIxI?t=1m25s

10,524, that’s about a 20k difference in total damage, so the zerk dps numbers should be about 7% higher.

in Thief

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

You answered your own question. When I am talking about total stacks of bleeds it exactly that.

1 death Blossom attacks up to 3 enemies 3 times each and applies 3 stacks of bleed to each . Thats 9 total stacks. It is an AOE attack and when fighting a group I want to take them all down as quickly as possible.

With dagger training your percentage chance of inflicting a poison goes way up because you are in essence making 9 seperate attacks.

As to SP it also a good choice for fast take down of mobs but I dont see it as a lot faster then a condi build especially if you run with one or two other people. You click on that VS even with one other in your party and your damage output goes way way up.

Addd to that, I just think doing a DB over a pack of ten wolves is more fun then blind and cleave. Personal preference it one of our nicer animations. I have also been jumped on when solo flipping camps when all my stuff on CD and one or two enemy sneak up on me. It real nice to get a rally before they down you because one or two of the guards just bled out.

I see what you were getting at but the way you phrased it was misleading to me, as to me, stacks mean how many stacks on each enemy not your cumulative stacks on multiple enemies. So if someone says they can apply 30 stacks of bleed, that’s 30 stacks on a single target to me, not 10 stacks on 3 targets or 6 stacks on 5 targets. A bit like if someone says they can hit a hundred blades for 60k, to me that’s 60k on a single target, not 20k per target and up to 3 targets.

Also, for trash, yeah DB can be fun but most trash dies in <5s, physical damage is all ‘upfront’ as such it is noticeably quicker than condi (even accounting for venomshare) – to me, approx 10-20% which is like 1-2s a fight that adds up over time. Don’t get me wrong, it is fully possible to condi whole dungeons/ fractals, but really short fights are still outshone by physical dps. And the blinds help your parties a lot with harder hitting trash.

Thanks for clarifying btw.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I see what you were getting at but the way you phrased it was misleading to me, as to me, stacks mean how many stacks on each enemy not your cumulative stacks on multiple enemies. So if someone says they can apply 30 stacks of bleed, that’s 30 stacks on a single target to me, not 10 stacks on 3 targets or 6 stacks on 5 targets. A bit like if someone says they can hit a hundred blades for 60k, to me that’s 60k on a single target, not 20k per target and up to 3 targets.

Also, for trash, yeah DB can be fun but most trash dies in <5s, physical damage is all ‘upfront’ as such it is noticeably quicker than condi (even accounting for venomshare) – to me, approx 10-20% which is like 1-2s a fight that adds up over time. Don’t get me wrong, it is fully possible to condi whole dungeons/ fractals, but really short fights are still outshone by physical dps. And the blinds help your parties a lot with harder hitting trash.

Thanks for clarifying btw.

Ah we still talk at cross purposes. When I am talking about taking out trash mobs I am talking Multiple enemies. Yes I realize against a single target POWER builds will take something out faster. I am not talking about single enemies. I am talking about 6 or more grouped together. This is why 9 stacks of bleed per db pertinent as I do not care which of those enemy dies first, I want to kill them all.

I have run this over and over again using power builds and a Condi build and see little to no difference.

I do not do fractals a lot so am unaware of the nature of the enemy there.

So as example flipping a camp in WvW. I take down all the enemy as fast in a Condi build. gather them to me , drop caltrops, do a few DBS over top and they are dropping.

As to Venomshare I find when it comes to taking down the Champion in the lords room he goes down faster to my condition build using VA on a full group then were I to focus on power. You can get poison ticks to 8k plus which happen every second. Due to the share this builds up very very fast. If I add in bleeds /torment we are well over 10k damage per second .