We need a break.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Jorase.5892

Jorase.5892

The razing has begun.

That popped up when I first opened the forum, and I laughed. The razing (of the thief profession) has truly begun.

Not only are we one of the most nerfed classes to date right now, it’s that Elementalists who can screw up everything can still get away with their plethora of escapes or heal back to full within a matter of seconds using only a few abilities.
The whole Thief community (and me) is tired of people who don’t play Thieves complain about how Thieves are OP, even after we get nerfed.
I’ve learned to adapt to these changes, but we need a break. Sooner or later, Thieves will just go extinct in ANY form of gameplay (PvE, WvW, sPvP.) Our PvE isn’t too strong anymore, and our PvP options are slowly dwindling.

We’ve been through a lot. We’ve been through QQ about our class. We’ve been called imba, OP, you name it. We need a break.
(i’m kinda QQ’ing a bit too, but I needed to get that out.)

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

Well the only thing I can say is that I agree. I mean we don’t even get any response from the devs. They just do things without explaining why they do it and most importantly they don’t look at how their changes affect other things.

This leads me to believe that they simply don’t care….

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Well the only thing I can say is that I agree. I mean we don’t even get any response from the devs. They just do things without explaining why they do it and most importantly they don’t look at how their changes affect other things.

This leads me to believe that they simply don’t care….

It’s just a case of not wanting to wade into a gigantic hornet’s nest. Plus, time they spend reading the forums is time that they are not working on the game.

They also have their own reasons for doing things that people with a player’s perspective might not agree with, so its not really productive to put out a blanket statement describing their reasoning with the assumption that people will just accept it.

They are also the ones with all the data, so I wouldn’t quite say that they aren’t able to make judgement based on facts. They’re able to monitor thousands of players continuously, whereas we are not.

However, I do find the last patch to be a bit odd, particularly in regards to thieves and engineers. There seems to be some snap decisions made, which is a bit unusual for them. In particular, they implemented a completely different stealth change instead of the one that was hinted at in SOTG.

Devs are people too though, they make mistakes. Guess we’ll have to wait a month to see what happens though.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

Stealth nerfs aside, I was actually quite excited when they said they would make sure the thief is the most slippery class in the game. That didn’t quite happen yet…

I was hoping for maybe more dodges or some vigor boon buffs, or maybe something as simple as buffing the movement speed so we run around the map faster than the other classes. Maybe in the next patch perhaps?

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

thats why I rerolled to Anet’s Beloved classes.
Theres just no love to the thief.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

I just starting rolling a thief in spvp/ tpvp yesterday and am rolling quite hard without dying (not full gc). There’s something to be said about the state of thief in spvp even after the slight nerf. On the pve end, yes, they do need some help. Just like how warriors need some help in spvp.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Good riddance. Nerf Thieves into the ground so they no longer become the “go to” option for any sort of PvP. Then, after everyone has given up and goes off to learn a real class, slowly bring them back. Don’t even mention it in patch updates, just bring them back to their former glory and let the worthy players take notice.
An example of such a nerf could be +50% damage taken while stealthed.
People aren’t mad at individual thieves, a solo 1v1 with a thief usually ends in victory/ you run away with your tail between your legs, my point being the class IS NOT OP. People are mad at the HOARD of thieves, it’s a profession that works too well when you get heaps of them together. A multiple thief burst will kill anyone straight up, as well as the combined stealth capabilities. Thief works great, and is well balanced… When there’s one… But there is never just ONE.

Now about your shot at Elementalists, I advise that you take your own advice and actually play the class. Burst healing is all we got, sorry we don’t just keel over after you CnD + Mug + Backstab + Heartseeker Spam.
Let alone the irony of stating that another profession should dare be able to escape, yet play one that can ALWAYS retreat. Yes, yes invisibility is not invincibility but to argue that stealth isn’t the best escape tool in the game is foolish.

I personally think thief needs a buff in the dungeon department. Because really, other than Shadow Refuge it brings nothing extra to the party that a warrior can’t do better.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

We need a break.

in Thief

Rizzy.8293

Good riddance. Nerf Thieves into the ground so they no longer become the “go to” option for any sort of PvP. Then, after everyone has given up and goes off to learn a real class, slowly bring them back. Don’t even mention it in patch updates, just bring them back to their former glory and let the worthy players take notice.
People aren’t mad at individual thieves, a solo 1v1 with a thief usually ends in victory/ you run away with your tail between your legs, my point being the class IS NOT OP. People are mad at the HOARD of thieves, it’s a profession that works too well when you get heaps of them together. A multiple thief burst will kill anyone straight up, as well as the combined stealth capabilities. Thief works great, and is well balanced… When there’s one… But there is never just ONE.

Now about your shot at Elementalists, I advise that you take your own advice and actually play the class. Burst healing is all we got, sorry we don’t just keel over after you CnD + Mug + Backstab + Heartseeker Spam.
Let alone the irony of stating that another profession should dare be able to escape, yet play one that can ALWAYS retreat. Yes, yes invisibility is not invincibility but to argue that stealth isn’t the best escape tool in the game is foolish.

I personally think thief needs a buff in the dungeon department. Because really, other than Shadow Refuge it brings nothing extra to the party that a warrior can’t do better.

Learn a real class?
You mean like an elementalist spamming 4 elemental rotations
A mesmer spamming clones
A Warrior and guardian spamming whatever it is warriors and guardians spam
A ranger spamming auto attack on short bow.
An engineer being broken like the thief.

Learn a real class lol.

Good joke buddy, why dont you go play a thief and learn how to play a real class, that isn’t just about spamming but more about knowing when to burst and when to do sustain damage and losing aggro.

Oh and try to down play the elementalist, we both know its at a very comfortable position right now that it can face off 3 silver elites on its own.
Bunker or not.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

Dolan has no clue. HE just blind copy pastes what every other QQer does “omgz u gaiz be bustinz omgz cnd mug HS 2222 backstab omgz you gaiz that must work every time so ez profesion u gaiz u deseruvfe more nerf!”

It’s only the thief that is being torn apart by the developers listening to complainers right now. Every class has their uniqueness, clones, guardian/warrior being strong upfront, etc. but it’s mostly the thief that gets all the flak because some noob in WvW on his level 10 character died to a level 80 glass cannon thief burst rotation.

Lulz.

We need a break.

in Thief

Rizzy.8293

Dolan has no clue. HE just blind copy pastes what every other QQer does “omgz u gaiz be bustinz omgz cnd mug HS 2222 backstab omgz you gaiz that must work every time so ez profesion u gaiz u deseruvfe more nerf!”

It’s only the thief that is being torn apart by the developers listening to complainers right now. Every class has their uniqueness, clones, guardian/warrior being strong upfront, etc. but it’s mostly the thief that gets all the flak because some noob in WvW on his level 10 character died to a level 80 glass cannon thief burst rotation.

Lulz.

I kid you not, someone in LA said a thief could spam HS 10 times.
Im like.. really now?

I must be doing something wrong then, considering I am traited to get +3 extra int, +2 int when I stealth and even after using back stab, I can still pull off about 5 heart seekers.

And if I just open up with heart seeker thats about 6 heart seekers.

We need a break.

in Thief

avilo.1942

Lulz.

Im like.. really now?

I must be doing something wrong then, considering I am traited to get +3 extra int, +2 int when I stealth and even after using back stab, I can still pull off about 5 heart seekers.

Yep. A huge part of the problem is the developers are falling for this complaining suckerplay. Most of the people that complain haven’t played thief themself and realize how squishy it is and how you cannot simply “spam” stuff.

A lot of the ones that were complaining about cloak and dagger don’t even realize if you miss 1 cloak and dagger you’re basically dead lol.

I have a thief and a guardian. They play completely different. But when I play thief, relying on stealth/evasion/dodges/mobilitywith sword + shortbow only makes me EQUIVALENT to my guardian or other people’s warriors’s damage output.

A lot of people don’t realize, while their guardian/warrior or whatever is swinging their sword, healing, and such the thief is actually evading during this time or stealthing to stay alive, and then is going through their burst rotation to equal the warrior/guard’s output…and this is only assuming you stay alive as the thief which can be difficult.

There is a reason why the thief does “burst” and it’s because it’s one of the squishiest classes, and during the time the thief is evading/stealthing we aren’t doing damage so we have to have that burst to make up for it.

Sadly, as we’ve all read and seen in the past weeks, the developers gave in to complainers that know nothing about the game, let alone the thief class, so they keep attempting to blanket nerf thieves entirely.

It’s sad.

We need a break.

in Thief

Rizzy.8293

Lulz.

Im like.. really now?

Yep. A huge part of the problem is the developers are falling for this complaining suckerplay. Most of the people that complain haven’t played thief themself and realize how squishy it is and how you cannot simply “spam” stuff.

A lot of the ones that were complaining about cloak and dagger don’t even realize if you miss 1 cloak and dagger you’re basically dead lol.

I have a thief and a guardian. They play completely different. But when I play thief, relying on stealth/evasion/dodges/mobilitywith sword + shortbow only makes me EQUIVALENT to my guardian or other people’s warriors’s damage output.

A lot of people don’t realize, while their guardian/warrior or whatever is swinging their sword, healing, and such the thief is actually evading during this time or stealthing to stay alive, and then is going through their burst rotation to equal the warrior/guard’s output…and this is only assuming you stay alive as the thief which can be difficult.

There is a reason why the thief does “burst” and it’s because it’s one of the squishiest classes, and during the time the thief is evading/stealthing we aren’t doing damage so we have to have that burst to make up for it.

Sadly, as we’ve all read and seen in the past weeks, the developers gave in to complainers that know nothing about the game, let alone the thief class, so they keep attempting to blanket nerf thieves entirely.

It’s sad.

Makes me think that the devs dont play thieves XD

They’ve been nerfing the thief since the game got released anyways, first the Heart seeker damage, because apparently doing double damage at 50% damage was too much, wasnt a problem for me anyways since I start bursting HS when they’re close to death, to top it off HS still has a sucky connect chance if the target is running, kitten thing is prone to missing.

Then the Revealed buff was added, dunno why its called a buff when its a DEbuff.

Then BV was nerfed to a breakable stun, because apparently, 1.5 second stone duration is soooo deadly, more so than a 10 second unbreakable moa morph from which if you get snared skill 5 (flee) is utterly useless.

Then Dancing Dagger was nerfed because bad mesmers came in here crying about how those daggers decimated their clones and bounced back and forth causing them grievous pain, because they’re bad mesmers who dont know how to distance themselves from their clones making it more confusing for the victim and so their clones dont get killed in an AOE attack like say, Dancing dagger.

The last nerf I remember was the Backstab Assassin’s signet fiasco I’m like, okay seriously, screw this.

Left for a while, checked the patch notes, patch after patch more “minor nerfs” to the thieves and now a dps nerf to a DPS class that is supposed to have good DPS, via reveal debuff of 4 seconds.

I came back about a week ago, rerolled to anet’s more favourable classes, wasted all that time on my thief and ranger for nothing -.-

And then Dolan here goes off ranting about how people who play thieves should go learn to play a REAL class, I’m like LAWL, I’ve never had such an easy time on a class.
Spamming 4 elemental rotations and being so highly mobile.

Even the Legendaries themselves show how much love the thief gets.

Daggers are for Eles
Pistols are for Engies.
Short bow is for Ranger.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

We need a break.

in Thief

avilo.1942

Lulz.

Im like.. really now?

It’s sad.

They’ve been nerfing the thief since the game got released anyways, first the Heart seeker damage, because apparently doing double damage at 50% damage was too much, wasnt a problem for me anyways since I start bursting HS when they’re close to death, to top it off HS still has a sucky connect chance if the target is running, kitten thing is prone to missing.

Then the Revealed buff was added, dunno why its called a buff when its a DEbuff.

Then BV was nerfed to a breakable stun, because apparently, 1.5 second stone duration is soooo deadly, more so than a 10 second unbreakable moa morph from which if you get snared skill 5 (flee) is utterly useless.

Then Dancing Dagger was nerfed because bad mesmers came in here crying about how those daggers decimated their clones and bounced back and forth causing them grievous pain, because they’re bad mesmers who dont know how to distance themselves from their clones making it more confusing for the victim and so their clones dont get killed in an AOE attack like say, Dancing dagger.

The last nerf I remember was the Backstab Assassin’s signet fiasco I’m like, okay seriously, screw this.

Left for a while, checked the patch notes, patch after patch more “minor nerfs” to the thieves and now a dps nerf to a DPS class that is supposed to have good DPS, via reveal debuff of 4 seconds.

I came back about a week ago, rerolled to anet’s more favourable classes, wasted all that time on my thief and ranger for nothing -.-

And then Dolan here goes off ranting about how people who play thieves should go learn to play a REAL class, I’m like LAWL, I’ve never had such an easy time on a class.

Daggers are for Eles
Pistols are for Engies.
Short bow is for Ranger.

This is the only counter to anet listening to the whiners, thieves must unite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI

We need a break.

in Thief

Rizzy.8293

Lulz.

Im like.. really now?

It’s sad.

Daggers are for Eles
Pistols are for Engies.
Short bow is for Ranger.

This is the only counter to anet listening to the whiners, thieves must unite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI

Hell yeah, we aint gonna take it no more.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Ruggan.4102

Ruggan.4102

And us thieves are sooo sorry that a “hoard” of thieves is able to take you down… so lets see, to take you down it takes a hoard of thieves but, and you state this in your post, it just takes you a single person to take down a single thief… but that means that thieves are the go to class and OP? Dude, come on… please think about your statements before you make them.

As for thief having the best escape ability in the game.. yea duh they were supposed to be the most slippery and the best at escaping… too bad that is bunker ele’s and mesmers at the moment. And please, don’t claim that Ele’s only have their burst heals… considering the utility of switching between separate elemental abilities at a whim and each of those elemental abilities having some type of utility attached to them… Ele’s become far more than just burst healers.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I have no issues on my Thief, quit crying, learn to play the class and all will be good. We still need a damage nerf. I’m STILL killing targets in three seconds.

You should not be having an issue.

Funny how you contradict yourself by saying that you have no issue yet you have an issue that Thieves need damage nerf because YOU are killing targets in 3s.

Wow.

At most an Elementalist will give you some trouble, and be hard to kill, but should every class in the game be easy to kill for us? Enjoy the fight, and quit looking for the head shot, boring type of play. If you want that, go back to FPS games, we want good players with skill in MMOs.

Imagine that. If the current state of the Elementalist is already “hard to kill” then why in the world you want a damage nerf?

For the sake of all that is holy, I hope you’re opinion is not shared by many.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: uzu.7351

uzu.7351

Sadly Vince I pretty much know it is from previous exp. …. Most wouldn’t even get to land CnD on a target let alone backstab :">. These are the ppl getting killed in a Basilisk 1.5 second window … and that to me says it all.

I never thought GW2 would implement the Blizzard way of “fixing” things.

We need a break.

in Thief

Dolan.3071

The thief supporters suffer from more tunnel vision than the thief haters. I should have mentioned that I have a level 80 thief that I quickly got bored of as it was the only profession to see in WvW. And thief v thief fights are sooo boring.
It is easy to take down a singular thief because most rely on the fact that you’re distracted and make for an easy backstab, well after their little burst and you’re still standing, they’re all out of initiative and probably running GC. Boom, free badges. Now don’t get me wrong, some actually know what weapon swap is and can prove a little more challenging. But overall thieves just don’t have the self healing and condition removal for a solid 1v1 and usually have to make their escape if their opponent knows how to keep them locked down/avoid their bursts. Thieves are laughably easy from a warriors point of view, the number of times Shield Block + Bolas + Frenzy + Rush + Hundred Blades has ended a thief is too kitten high. Point being, the same point as before, thieves aren’t OP, there’s just too kitten many, all using the same tactic, which will spell instant death for most people against 2 or more. Nerf the class, nerf the numbers, bring it back. However I’m guessing most thieves will want the next easiest option, and that would be running around in groups of mesmers… Who are in genuine need of an actual “OP” nerf.
As far as making them more useful in PvE, I really don’t know, buff venom sharing, buff it something fierce, in its current state it’s pretty well useless. A thief in the party will usually end up in just being carried, an apology to the good thieves out there but I’ve developed such an unfair bias against thieves in dungeon groups.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

there are million eles, they all running the same build (ok, they can put 10 in air or earth, kinda a choice i guess) and they are all pros.
make an ele you become a pro instantly. make a thief and you gotta know everything there is to know about this game and you’ll be able to draw one of the million eles.

SOOOO BALANCED

We need a break.

in Thief

avilo.1942

The thief supporters suffer from more tunnel vision than the thief haters. I should have mentioned that I have a level 80 thief that I quickly got bored of as it was the only profession to see in WvW. And thief v thief fights are sooo boring.
It is easy to take down a singular thief because most rely on the fact that you’re distracted and make for an easy backstab, well after their little burst and you’re still standing, they’re all out of initiative and probably running GC. Boom, free badges. Now don’t get me wrong, some actually know what weapon swap is and can prove a little more challenging. But overall thieves just don’t have the self healing and condition removal for a solid 1v1 and usually have to make their escape if their opponent knows how to keep them locked down/avoid their bursts. Thieves are laughably easy from a warriors point of view, the number of times Shield Block + Bolas + Frenzy + Rush + Hundred Blades has ended a thief is too kitten high. Point being, the same point as before, thieves aren’t OP, there’s just too kitten many, all using the same tactic, which will spell instant death for most people against 2 or more. Nerf the class, nerf the numbers, bring it back. However I’m guessing most thieves will want the next easiest option, and that would be running around in groups of mesmers… Who are in genuine need of an actual “OP” nerf.
As far as making them more useful in PvE, I really don’t know, buff venom sharing, buff it something fierce, in its current state it’s pretty well useless. A thief in the party will usually end up in just being carried, an apology to the good thieves out there but I’ve developed such an unfair bias against thieves in dungeon groups.

“Thief the only profession in wvw” – hyperbole and sensationalism at it’s finest.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Jorase.5892

Jorase.5892

LOLOLOLOL
You think I use CND and mug?

You don’t know what my sides are going through right now, that build is so mediocre and requires no skill… I actually like builds that stay out of stealth so the person I’m fighting can actually have a fighting chance, because stuff like that actually helps me have fun in the game. And I use heartseeker as a damage(not spam, i don’t get my damage from it mostly)+escape tool (because Death Blossom and Dancing Dagger are overlooked by most thieves imo.)

But about your comment about nerfing us to the ground.

Are you serious? You want an entire profession to just go extinct, just like that, and then come back when nobody is looking? Who would be your “worthy players”?

And I don’t even travel with a group, I personally think they weigh me down if I need to do anything quickly and unseen. If it was a group of thieves, I just kinda leave and go around and pick my own fights when I know I can win.

I don’t know, your views are your own (I don’t agree at all though) but everyone has their own viewpoint of everything.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Cjloveskat.8130

Cjloveskat.8130

Learn a real class?
You mean like an elementalist spamming 4 elemental rotations
A mesmer spamming clones
A Warrior and guardian spamming whatever it is warriors and guardians spam
A ranger spamming auto attack on short bow.
An engineer being broken like the thief.

Learn a real class lol.

Good joke buddy, why dont you go play a thief and learn how to play a real class, that isn’t just about spamming but more about knowing when to burst and when to do sustain damage and losing aggro.

Oh and try to down play the elementalist, we both know its at a very comfortable position right now that it can face off 3 silver elites on its own.
Bunker or not.

I’m glad that was a PVE comment.. lol cause you have no idea if you’re talking PVP.

Dev 1 : Ele’s are OP

Dev 2 : Nerf Warriors

We need a break.

in Thief

Dolan.3071

LOLOLOLOL
You think I use CND and mug?

You don’t know what my sides are going through right now, that build is so mediocre and requires no skill… I actually like builds that stay out of stealth so the person I’m fighting can actually have a fighting chance, because stuff like that actually helps me have fun in the game. And I use heartseeker as a damage(not spam, i don’t get my damage from it mostly)+escape tool (because Death Blossom and Dancing Dagger are overlooked by most thieves imo.)

But about your comment about nerfing us to the ground.

Are you serious? You want an entire profession to just go extinct, just like that, and then come back when nobody is looking? Who would be your “worthy players”?

And I don’t even travel with a group, I personally think they weigh me down if I need to do anything quickly and unseen. If it was a group of thieves, I just kinda leave and go around and pick my own fights when I know I can win.

I don’t know, your views are your own (I don’t agree at all though) but everyone has their own viewpoint of everything.

Yes, because the comment was directly aimed at you, because you yourself do not follow with the masses, the entire comment is void. You have no idea how hard this is not to stoop down to your level of argumentative ignorance.

Would you however agree, that as a whole? (Not just the forum players) that thieves do the exact method at stated above? Congratulations on thinking outside the box, but really, you’re in the minority with your thief gameplay.

Also the idea that you run around picking fights that you know you can win is kind of disturbing. Sounds like you’ve never given yourself a challenge, and only join in when the target is distracted and most likely outnumbered, which is nearly the only thing I see thieves do. Oh they know you’re there? Better run away and let a REAL class fight the good fight till your bursts are ready to go again.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

See Dolan you like to stereotype.

I play a thief. I fight whoever I see render on my screen. I do not run away from fights unless im seriously out numbered….and even then I try to kill before running. In a 1v1 I’ll give the other person a stomp before I run.

Now what build do I run?

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: uzu.7351

uzu.7351

Go away non thief players….wtf are you even doing here? Are you that much of a bunch of frustrated low skilled nerds? Heartseeker spam xD ….you dont even know wtf heartseeker does or why thieves get to spam that as gap closer cuz YOU DONT PLAY THIEF!!!

Also, to the 12 yo guy stating that he doesnt use stealth…. You dont play thief and maybe the fact that its to hard to play for you cuz you cant rlly facetank ANY other class is why you dont play it. This reminds me of Mute’s vids where he was making fun of all the pokemon not using stealth as rogues. I wonder how hard you would have QQed in WoW avout a rogue that was ALWAYS in stealth and the fact that you are SO BAD that you cant aoe and skill-shot a thief in this joke of a game.

Oh I will most enjoy when your classes get nerfed into the ground and all this will be brought onto yourselves by your BS qqing.

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Well iam only having 2 lvl 80 chars and iam right now leveling my guardian which is lvl 35 right now and i for myself can say: needed a lotta more skill to survive/level with the thief than with my necro or guard. Especially the guardian is such a noobish char, “hm story quest is lvl 25, iam lvl 19… nor a problem”. With a thief i had problem surviving a story quest which IS on my level and not 6 levels ahead.

We have limited armor, life and buffs to do something against it. I mean the assasin in GW 1 had the same problem (back in the Factions days), but at least i had a ton of dmg to compansate my lack of survivability!

Our AOE Dmg sucks completly compared to all other classes, we dont have the survivablility of other classes and yet we get nerfed all time.

I dont care about PVP/WvW Thiefs because in WvW iam mostly scouting and i dont play PVP. Nerf something that AFFECTS the PV kitten ue and leave our PVE Builds!

We need a break.

in Thief

Dolan.3071

Well iam only having 2 lvl 80 chars and iam right now leveling my guardian which is lvl 35 right now and i for myself can say: needed a lotta more skill to survive/level with the thief than with my necro or guard. Especially the guardian is such a noobish char, “hm story quest is lvl 25, iam lvl 19… nor a problem”. With a thief i had problem surviving a story quest which IS on my level and not 6 levels ahead.

We have limited armor, life and buffs to do something against it. I mean the assasin in GW 1 had the same problem (back in the Factions days), but at least i had a ton of dmg to compansate my lack of survivability!

Our AOE Dmg sucks completly compared to all other classes, we dont have the survivablility of other classes and yet we get nerfed all time.

I dont care about PVP/WvW Thiefs because in WvW iam mostly scouting and i dont play PVP. Nerf something that AFFECTS the PV kitten ue and leave our PVE Builds!

Thief does indeed need a buff for dungeons, regular PvE is easy regardless of what profession you play. But thieves need some love for dungeons, my 80 thief collects dust as my warrior gets all the dungeon action and my Ele gets WvW/PvP. I didn’t like my thief going out there as I don’t like doing what everyone else is doing :P which is unfortunate as Ele is becoming more and more popular

Go away non thief players….wtf are you even doing here? Are you that much of a bunch of frustrated low skilled nerds? Heartseeker spam xD ….you dont even know wtf heartseeker does or why thieves get to spam that as gap closer cuz YOU DONT PLAY THIEF!!!

Also, to the 12 yo guy stating that he doesnt use stealth…. You dont play thief and maybe the fact that its to hard to play for you cuz you cant rlly facetank ANY other class is why you dont play it. This reminds me of Mute’s vids where he was making fun of all the pokemon not using stealth as rogues. I wonder how hard you would have QQed in WoW avout a rogue that was ALWAYS in stealth and the fact that you are SO BAD that you cant aoe and skill-shot a thief in this joke of a game.

Oh I will most enjoy when your classes get nerfed into the ground and all this will be brought onto yourselves by your BS qqing.

Never go full kitten

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Joric.5376

Joric.5376

+1 to “we need a break”

I moved my question regarding a “better” Thief here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Thief-v2/first#post1730535

Feel free to post your ideas!

Regards

(edited by Joric.5376)

We need a break.

in Thief

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

I just played my first full night of wvw after the patch. I took a hiatus due to the Hidden Killer bug, and came back tonight after the fix. All i can say is that the reveal nerf is annoying at worst. SOMETIMES the extra second ended up getting me in a bad situation but that just takes time to get used to. Otherwise my thief still effectively comes out on top in 1vX combat situations. As far as PvE goes… yeah. something needs to be fixed. Feels very clunky. backstab used to time perfectly with the autoattack rotation. now it is totally off, and damage has dropped because of this. other than that i have been performing fine in PvE. Tbh the original nerf was a better idea. Those are my thoughts, coming from an experienced Thief.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows