What are Thief supposed to be good at?

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

I can no longer survive as a thief simply because I have nothing to keep my alive anymore. I can not defend mysefl and deal damage at the same time. We were always forced to go full zerker in order to be of any importance but now I can no longer do that anymore.

Now there is 0 room for mistakes because I just get one shot by proffesions with more health, armour and mobility.

I used to be able to survive and get away with shadowsteps, roll for initiative and stealth after bursting someone. Now they just shake off the stun and nuke me to the ground even when I am disengaging. My mobility deminishing conditions don’t do anything anymore and the effect they have is reduced because we no longer have condition duration.

My pistols don’t deal bleeding damage anymore and they no longer ricochet. My backstabs deal less damage than the burst combos of other proffesions.

So basically:

- We have no superior bursts
-We have no superior mobility
- We have inferior health
-We have inferior armour
-We cannot spec into defensive stat sets because that will render us useless because our bursts will be laughable and we have no access to the AoE and sustain of other proffesions to make tanking the damage work.
-pistols are more useless than ever because it no longer deals bleeding damage in zerker and they no longer ricochet.

What exactly is our role supposed to be in PvP? What should we be achieving?

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

what thief is good at now, running away xD
no but seriously, the only things you can kill are zerk necro ele and ranger
that’s about it, i won’t go into the why’s because ppl will just start flaming, thief is so op, like always…

what i can tell you, try to keep playing it and improve on your skill, don’t let a nerf (strong nerf) take away your fun with the thief.
and keeps me playing thief is, if i kill someone now (I play DD, meaning everything counters me xD) i enjoy it even more because i know i had more skill
and if you are able to manage or even be good with an underpowered broken thief, you’ll have a blast IIIIIIFFFFF he’ll ever get buffed again ^^
good luck bud

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

I had that mindset when I discovered p/p and celestial eles countered me. They countered me because they had the mobility catch up and still deal a lot of damage. Now every proffesion has that and I’m not sure if I can deal with it because I used to put out a lot of damage in bleeds as well but now that’s gone I just don’t know how to break the circle of nerfs. I guess I should try harder once more. It’s a shame it had to come to this where my skill needs to be double of theirs in order for me to beat them. It does make the game a challange.

:D I guess your mindset is the only one that works right now