What exactly is OP about the thief?

in Thief

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

Achieving same result if not better with less effort and skill than other class. Ability to run glass cannon build to maximize your damage while having excelent survival and get away abilities.

To all moaning thieves, I dare you to roll glass cannon elementalist and be as effective as glass cannon thief.

Thief class will be nerfed, it is inevitable and when that happens. True thief players will remain and still shine, while rest of the garbage (which is majority) will move to next fotm.

I dare you to roll a glass cannon thief and have the same level of access to CC, healing and AoE as an elementalist. Then you can roll a support thief and compare him to a support ele. THEN you can roll a tanky/survival thief and compare him to tanky/survival ele.

Oh, the thief class doesn’t do support or tank/survival as well as ele? Thieves should be pissing and moaning on the Ele boards for more combo fields, AoE, heals, stability, protection, and CC (most of which is built right into their weapon skills). Right?

Or maybe its that they’re different classes with different strengths and weaknesses… but that’s so simple, how could anyone overlook it?

Why would I bother to CC on thief when I can two shot enemy CCers? I did roll thief to “learn the class” and it was joke. Best damage, best survival as glass cannon and best getaway ability and I dare say best downstate. Whats not to like.

in Thief

Posted by: Nande.6810

Nande.6810

I’m actually abit scared of the recent patches. Ppl cried about HS spam , it got nerfed. Ppl cried about PW spam, it got nerfed. Now the whiners starts focusing on backstab and LDB, I feel ANET is listening to them and might render the thief a useless class. And as others have stated before, nerfing PW damage wasn’t the right way to go about it.

I don’t see why they would nerf DB. The best thing about it tho is the evade on it with some timing can be used to evade a bunch of stuff when you run out of endurance. Damage isn’t THAT good to get nerfed imo.

The Bleed thief (d/d & p/p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHdpbyNpVU
oGt

in Thief

Posted by: Tommynator.4928

Tommynator.4928

Our nanosuit is delaying character render to the enemy after breaking the stealth.
Thats the only “OP” thing I guess.