What happened to d/p? Wvw

in Thief

Posted by: Azingly.2064

Azingly.2064

Where did all the dp thieves go to? Is the playstyle still as viable in wvw ? If so what has changed and how does one build it now? Im running full zerkers with centaur runes. Not sure about traits.
Thanks

Bluchairshorthair – Elementalist
Mild addiction to arcana tree ~

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

ferocity killed d/p

bow down to our p/d overlords

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Maybe they got tired of eZ mODe^ xD troll weapon set? I had one that couldn’t kill me (play D/D) and he just 5+2 failed to backstab me for 5 mins or so, so I got tired of his kitten, and just walked away. Then he started to /laugh. Really?

But to your question, I don’t know, I guess there are some around still.
Have you looked through the forum? There is a lot of other threads with the same question. The setup is the same as before, x/6/6/x/x, with some room for personal modifications. Centaur is nice for perm swiftness paired with withdraw.
Alltho many people now days use strength runes for mightstacking, and with all the stealth uptime with D/P, (make sure to select gain-might-on-stealth-trait) maybe thats a good runeset for ya? And with fleet shadow you move fast while in stealth, and you are in stealth 99% of the fight, so centaur may be redundant…

One proposal:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAoalsMp8pVOx0J8PNRPRsdwwD3ZjhddD-TFSDgAJPAQJYvyP29HA1CAY+LW9njTAgoOASBMwwI-w

If you find initiative management an problem, you can change cloaked in shadow for infusion of shadow.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I still see plenty around over here, and that’s against Baruch bay in the EU who have a group of 10 thieves that run together.

I’ve tried it out myself and I found it viable even without the right rune set, strength runes should work out nicely tbh – but its not my preferred style, its still very forgiving.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

D/P is the same as ever was besides the crit damage nerf that affects all power builds on all classes. In fact D/P should feel crit damage nerf less then D/D if you play it as you supposed to – using BP as a defensive tool, not only as free access to stealth as you can see 99% of time.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

D/P is still very popular afaik and I still play it on my Thief in WvW. It practically hard-counters many Warrior builds if played right (not that many do however) and the Blind spam is highly effective against pretty much every non-AI, non-condition spam, build.

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

D/P is still very popular afaik and I still play it on my Thief in WvW. It practically hard-counters many Warrior builds if played right (not that many do however) and the Blind spam is highly effective against pretty much every non-AI, non-condition spam, build.

Sooo… That leaves :
Warriors (even if Axe/Shield+Gs hardcounter DP in WvW)
Guardians (even if medi guards hardcounter DP)
DD thieves (wow)
ZERK rangers (wow)

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

they got tired of better thiefs landing back stabs at the end of there D/p black powder heart seeker combo XD

nah idk just messing :P

in Thief

Posted by: KillerJacket.9735

KillerJacket.9735

D/p is still just as viable as before. I run a 0/6/6/2/0 taking signet use and signet power. Rune strength or pack runes with sigil of force and air. I bring assassins signet as a priority utility. Pulls off the same dps as a d/d build while still allowing easy stealth access.