Why can some Thieves kill my level 80 instantly?

in Thief

Posted by: Cal.1985

Cal.1985

@Shizzlenit

So you critted some lv 5-10 dude for 20k in berserker gear ? And blowing 150% dmg signet? Wow that should be nerfed. Btw how many stacks for vuln did he have? I love when people just show some random screenshot without any further information.

HIGH dmg numbers will always happen to lowbies. Nothing can change that. Please do the same dmg to LV 80 dude.

Cal Dae | Tainted | Piken Square

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

The problem is Quickness.

The buff needs to be removed…from ALL classes.

End of story.

it really is not quickness.

3,4k attack + 99% crit damage + 12 stacks of might sounds about right…

in Thief

Sizzle Hint.1820

@Shizzlenit

So you critted some lv 5-10 dude for 20k in berserker gear ? And blowing 150% dmg signet? Wow that should be nerfed. Btw how many stacks for vuln did he have? I love when people just show some random screenshot without any further information.

HIGH dmg numbers will always happen to lowbies. Nothing can change that. Please do the same dmg to LV 80 dude.

Im not using berserker gear… not even 1 piece… he didnt have any vulnerable stacks… (he was down before my mates arrived and im not stacking any vulnerable)

and i have hitted around 18k backstabs on lvl 80s…

in Thief

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

End of story.

Are you using quickness?

in Thief

Sizzle Hint.1820

End of story.

Are you using quickness?

no… look at the screen i posted there is no quickness at the skill bar.

in Thief

Cal.1985

So? They are running glass cannon builds and wearing cloth? There is nothing strange about it. With 3.4k attack and +99 crit dmg… ya right no berserker

in Thief

Sizzle Hint.1820

So? They are running glass cannon builds and wearing cloth? There is nothing strange about it. With 3.4k attack and +99 crit dmg… ya right no berserker

You cannot get 17k hp with full berserker… maybe check out the valkyria set next time… like i said you dont need precision with this build since ur backstabs are critting 100% anyway…

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

“Not the point. Nothing should be able to do this much damage in less than a second. Even on a non 80 Char.

Im hitting 15k+ on 80s too btw.."

It’s part of the point, if you ignore it…you’re simply being ignorant.

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

End of story.

what are these random numbers you’re spouting supposed to be?

in Thief

Cal.1985

Oh yes, backstab is the most hard hitting ability. So what? NO other skill in the game has so many prerequisites!!!
1. Stealth (couple of options – commonly used CnD, which has CAST TIME and if the target stays close… well he deserves it)
2. Go behind enemy (not really hard)
3. Pop signed (easy peasy)
4. Hit (i.e. the target must be in range, you must not be blinded, the target must not dodge)

If you hit? Cool awesome! Big crit dmg at least 10k on cloth without tough. And if you fail? At lest 40 seconds CD on the signed – 3 seconds revelead buff 6 initiate less.

Please be my guest use it

I find it pointless in WvW – to kill a single target…. where there are so many others…

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

I 2-3 shot Level 1 players who just joined WvW too. The big numbers just make you feel good in between the /rage a glass cannon build has when facing any decent opponent. Try your glass on a Guardian. No dice. Even a decent Mesmer who knows to get his clones out before you stealth.

A level 1 WvW newbie, and a level 80 glass cannon, have the exact same stats in terms of Toughness/Armor. So yes, you can hit the same damage on 80’s. Because, level 1’s are scaled up to 80. So it’s the same thing. Doesn’t mean it’s broken or over powered. It means the guy is squishy and needs to not be engaging 3 people solo.

in Thief

Sizzle Hint.1820

End of story.

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/thumbnail/gw099ywnc7tm9xg_thumb.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/gw10285390zyx1f.jpg

Im sry its 15 stacks might (if you wanna waste ur blind) + 100% crit damage + 3,35k atk

guys im a thief myself too and ive been playing a backstabber since the beginning, i love it. But even i can see that this is probably not intended… the burst you pull of is riddicolous. My gear is not even full exotic at this point…

Edit: I dont wanna start a flame war … just voicing my opinion on this build that is going around these days …

(edited by Sizzle Hint.1820)

in Thief

Sizzle Hint.1820

I 2-3 shot Level 1 players who just joined WvW too. The big numbers just make you feel good in between the /rage a glass cannon build has when facing any decent opponent. Try your glass on a Guardian. No dice. Even a decent Mesmer who knows to get his clones out before you stealth.

A level 1 WvW newbie, and a level 80 glass cannon, have the exact same stats in terms of Toughness/Armor. So yes, you can hit the same damage on 80’s. Because, level 1’s are scaled up to 80. So it’s the same thing. Doesn’t mean it’s broken or over powered. It means the guy is squishy and needs to not be engaging 3 people solo.

when you can port 2,100 metres (i think its metres i dont know) the guy doesnt have much of a chance to not decide getting 1 hitted with his glass cannon… but well hes a glass cannon maybe he deserves it

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

End of story.

Im sry its 15 stacks might (if you wanna waste ur blind) + 100% crit damage + 3,35k atk

guys im a thief myself too and ive been playing a backstabber since the beginning, i love it. But even i can see that this is probably not intended… the burst you pull of is riddicolous. My gear is not even full exotic at this point…

Edit: I dont wanna start a flame war … just voicing my opinion on this build that is going around these days …

your first pic is smaller than my asura’s little toe. try again.

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

when you can port 2,100 metres (i think its metres i dont know)

LOLOLOLOL……..WUT!!!?!?!

Seriously…people who don’t play thief should leave this subforum.

in Thief

Sizzle Hint.1820

End of story.

your first pic is smaller than my asura’s little toe. try again.

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/gw099wo3tveh6ur.jpg

sry didnt notice here u go

@the other guy

900 from the shadowstep skill + 1,200 from steal (with the trait) = 2,100 (i just called it metres cuz i have no idea what they mean with those numbers… but when i think about it, metres probably is it not :P )

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The stun is basilisk venom. Check the link I pasted. Its a basically instant-free kill that can’t be countered (turned to stone cant be countered) and is repeatable only once every 45? seconds..

basilisk venom->CnD + Steal + Mug->assassin sigil->backstab->CnD again->Backstab

Except you cannot CnD->Backstab again since the thief has the “Revealed” debuff on him by now and so he cannot stealth at all.

To the OP : if the combat log you posted is accurate, you got hit by two thieves that synced their burst on you.

in Thief

Posted by: Orangesky.7623

Orangesky.7623

ok iam a full exotic thief as u describe.
I have the best gear in game for class cannon atm. ( except legendaries….)
I got a 10%chance to get quickness on crit.
It doubles the speed of all my actions.
If it pops i burst so much dmg u cant imagine.

But the other side of the coin i got only 12k Hp. so i think its pretty fair.

in Thief

Posted by: xedisu.2359

xedisu.2359

Hello,i’m a thief who just started using the jinzu’s backstab burst build for a few days and it does feel rather unbalanced, since i can dish out a gigantic amount of dmg.
to make it clear : if u’re full power/precision/crit dmg geared, you will die to this. if you survive it, the thief’s got slim chances of killing you.
i’ve killed warriors with this instantly. but i’ve also met a few capable of surviving it, turning around and destroying me. i’m not the best thief, but i can asure you i am not a noob.
this spec is all about the opener, survive/dodge that and that’s it for the thief. he’ll either run away or he’ll just desperatly tunnel vision into killing u, which will result in his death most of the times.
mix some toughness vit with ur dps stats, u’re going to handle this with ease.
hope this helps.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

16k Hundred Blades nuf said

in Thief

Posted by: Dayrian.8973

Dayrian.8973

1) Dodge with Caltrops? (trickery trait)
2) Trap Wire?

There’s always a learning curve. It’s is powerful but no where near OP as hundred blades, which is a frontal damage with less penalty (positioning, and etc.). Although, it’s bursty, but many times in WvW, you run in a group, and not really 1v1.

in Thief

Redscope.6215

You know how it is on the Thief forum…voicing your opinion gets you stabbed in the back! Yuk Yuk (><)

in Thief

Redscope.6215

Has anyone tried this combo from stealth:

Backstab
Haste
HIS
Backstab

….
Dead?

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Haste won’t make the 3s Revealed debuff expire sooner. So your “combo” would only work if you do that :
Backstab
Wait 3s
Haste
HIS
Backstab

in Thief

Redscope.6215

Haste won’t make the 3s Revealed debuff expire sooner. So your “combo” would only work if you do that :
Backstab
Wait 3s
Haste
HIS
Backstab

Oh so you have to shadowstep/dodge around for a few seconds…gotcha

in Thief

Posted by: Ducivo.6049

Ducivo.6049

Quit complaining and learn to look for different specs, just like every other profession. There are different ways to stop different specced/wep warriors/mesmers/guardians etc, and thieves are no different. Glass cannon “backstab” thieves are easy to deal with if you’re not an idiot (cough dodge and watch buffs/cast timer), or have tried one out yourself to learn what destroys us.

Instead of whining like little girls, learn the counter and/or get better at your own profession. Seriously, it’s sad.

“..In due time, all will serve the asura.”

in Thief

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Some of you people are total clowns. You have things that are unarguably over the top and yet you defend the indefensible.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Thief

Posted by: Rimarlk.1529

Rimarlk.1529

-Alphaone

Ohhh you betcha CnD can crit for 6.5k. I do it regularly on squishy targets. 30 points in CS line and +10% crit damage food and full exotic lvl 78 berserker gear with lvl 80 exotic ruby/beryl jewelry = crazy crit damage. I think I’m running +108% crit damage at the moment? Somethin like that. Add to the fact I have 10 points trickery for the “steal gives you fury buff” and I’m also runnin around 70% chance to crit. I personally think crit damage % needs a cap somewhere, but that’s just me. However I’m gonna have fun with it while I can.

However your set up is interesting. Are you really running 24k hp??? I’m like at around 13k with an orb or 2. What’s your crit chance and damage at?

in Thief

Posted by: Rimarlk.1529

Rimarlk.1529

Some of you people are total clowns. You have things that are unarguably over the top and yet you defend the indefensible.

It’s not the abilities that are over the top it’s the fact that assassin abilities (which are built around burst) scale incredibly well with burst gear. Those thiefs that don’t run glass cannon wouldn’t be able to kill anything if the abilities didn’t do what they did. The real kicker here is crit damage % not having a cap currently. I think it should be around 70-80% + crit damage but that’s just me. I’m havin fun running 108 at the moment though lol.