Why do thieves complain

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: LostAsylum.3018

LostAsylum.3018

when they can down a player in 1 to 3 hits?
People complained about retaliation and confusion until they were nerfed, people are complaining about stealth now, I ask why when you can still almost 1 hit down a player when running a glass thief. Seems to me thieves are over powered. Don’t get me wrong, I have a thief , mesmer and necro, Nither the necro or mesmer can down a player in so few hits.

Lil Kin Zen (PPOL)
Yea I kill People.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Yes, you can almost 1 hit a person with a glass thief.

Which implies that any other person can down them in almost as many hits as well.

It’s not a matter of being OP, it’s a matter of getting ambushed, healing, and then retaliating. Then it’s just a free stomp.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

if you are traveling with a partner theres no way a GC thief should win. period. if they do you suck :P not trying to be mean but its a L2 kitten ue. i prefer fighting GC thieves over ANYONE else in the game. literally….serve em up plz.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: PhelanDisturbed.1650

PhelanDisturbed.1650

Agreed. Gc thieves usually die as fast as they can kill unless they are of incredibly exceptional skill, but even then, one mess up and they are toast. People seem to just recently be discovering the potential of non gc thieves, the ones you really need to look out for…

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Theives are underpowered in every single way except as a glass cannon in PvP. The only reason they aren’t underpowered there is because Stealth synergizes particularly well with a glass cannon build specifically in 1v1 pvp due to the way it allows you to ambush and escape. It is not nearly as good in any other situation, but they keep taking hits across the board due to this mechanical problem.

That’s why they complain.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

shame there is no 1v1 pvp mode, only chance encounters in spvp and solo roamers in wvw that think its awesome to run around in full zerker by themselves and then complain incessantly when they die to anyone (though specially if its a thief)

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Yeah, 1v1 ladder and you wouldn’t see a single thief in the top 1000 – i swear …

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I’m a thief. I don’t complain… lol

I enjoy the profession, and make my own builds, youtube heroes are overrated (most of those videos they are fighting complete idiots).

The only thing I would complain about is if they continue nerfing thief. They have seen enough nerfs to last a lifetime, its time people l2p. If people at this late in the game have yet to come across the numerous ways to counter stealth, then go back to pve. Play the way you want to, don’t force others to be subject to the nerf bat just because you (speaking to those who want more thief nerfs) arn’t skilled enough to handle a profession who has the defensive stats/boons of a rabbit.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Because they can’t.
The glassiest cannon in all Berserkertown could not kill a fellow glass cannon in 1-3 hits.
I don’t think you could kill an up-leveled level 2 in WvW in a single hit.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Because they can’t.
The glassiest cannon in all Berserkertown could not kill a fellow glass cannon in 1-3 hits.

u can….but u die right after usually.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

High risk, high reward. I think that’s how it’s called.

You kill really fast and you die really fast.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Travlane.5948

exactly. i agree :P

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Because they can’t.

Ah, yeah. I forgot at the very least that certain classes only have ~10,000 Health base.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Travlane.5948

what do u mean grimwolf?

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Because they can’t.

What Trav said. Sorry, but the idea that a GC couldn’t down another GC that quickly is… Ridiculous. But realize that if your enemy so much as sneezes, you’re dead.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Travlane.5948

yeah….so even with mug doing 6k….u are still dead :P you could do 100k with a burst…wont matter much.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Was fighting a p/d gc thief. He came out of stealth to backstab me. All I had to do was mirror-images-blurred frenzy- mind wrack and he dropped from full to 0. Thieves are NOT at all the only class that can pull off crazy burst

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Just sayin’ but that’s pre-quickness nerf.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Love those thieves in the start of the vid. Each one opened with heartseeker, sustainted with heart seeker, and rage quit with them dying b.c of heartseeker.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

GC thieves..do anyone other than upleveled WvW players get killed by these guys..still?? And btw thieves are not the biggest burst class at all, unless you are an upleveled WvW player looking at the flowers. Turbowhale was quite correct about that if you don’t know how to handle mesmers you’ll go down very quickly.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Because they can’t.

They sure can. mug 1k, BS 9k, cloack and dagger 5k = 15k,. Also, warrior KS: 12-18k.

I duel as a glass mesmer and I tend to lose to zerger thieves who know how to handle that type fight. Though such fight is essentially coin flipping, with right use of stealth skills the thief can alter the weight of the coin a little.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

Nither the necro or mesmer can down a player in so few hits.

where i play, you can’t attack players….

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

when they can down a player in 1 to 3 hits?.

you gotta be pretty bad to get downed by a thief (of any kind) in 1-3 hits.
and no, we don’t complain about players like that.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

All I can say is that I just got done with a 2v1 fight against a Guardian.

Me and another Thief, full Zerker. She wouldn’t die. Period.

Against a Warrior. 2v1. We just BARELY managed to down him.

Thieves damage is good for literally a second, then it does down the crapper. Burst Thieves are a nightmare to play against equally geared opponents. I can’t speak for Sword Thieves, but I sure hope they have a better time against armored opponents than D/D.

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Full burst thief in wvw in dumb. Sure, if you find a 1v1 AND you get the jump AND they don’t react quick enough AND it’s not a class with passive immunity at 25% you will down the player.

Note, I said down. Stomping the player is even harder than downing the player.

Just another noob thief…

Why do thieves complain

in Thief

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

People complained about retaliation and confusion until they were nerfed, people are complaining about stealth now, I ask why when you can still almost 1 hit down a player when running a glass thief. Seems to me thieves are over powered. Don’t get me wrong, I have a thief , mesmer and necro, Nither the necro or mesmer can down a player in so few hits.

Because everyone else complains about thieves constantly. The amount of QQing on the forums is ridiculous.

We wouldn’t care if Anet didn’t seem to listen to the whining.. There appear to be some people who hate anything other than whack it with an axe in an open field.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)