Why is this acceptable?

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

So quick question just so we can clear this up. How much armor do you have? You keep saying you’re full dire exo, but under 3k armor. I don’t consider armor high until they hit about 3100. That would be why we asked for a full screenshot in the first place.

With exotic Dire armor/weapons and ascended Rabid accessories you sit around 2700 armor. I don’t even know that it’s possible to hit 3100 armor as a medium armor wearer unless I either a) severely kitten my damage output and basically go full bunker or b) invest heavily into the toughness trait line; neither of which I think is a reasonable price to pay simply so that I don’t instantly die to any glass cannon thief who happens to look in my direction.

Ok, just to clarify further then, what class are you? You said 2700 armor as a medium armor wearer.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

No. You do not break 3k armor running full medium exotic Dire + rabid accessories. You are wrong.

You didn’t say that you were wearing Rabid at any point in your OP, and that’s what I’m going by.

I WAS DOWNED BEFORE I GOT HIT BY THE SECOND C&D. I CANNOT MAKE THIS ANY CLEARER, SO PLEASE ALLOW IT TO REGISTER THIS TIME.

The whole “the time it took for the thief to get in range” bit is ridiculous, too. It’s not difficult for a thief to get in range of you during a team skirmish or when he runs up on you while you’re fighting someone else. So because I lack prescience and couldn’t use ESP to detect the incoming thief, I deserve to die instantly despite my gear? Right.

I haven’t read the whole thread, forgive me for going off of your OP and the first few posts. Perhaps you should be a little more specific next time, eh?

The time for the Thief to get in range is related to the fact that while you were preoccupied fighting you still should have looked around every now and then to check to see if your enemy had any reinforcements coming. This is a simple tactic that is known as “situational awareness”.

Now, if you were downed before you got hit by the second CnD, then why did you keep saying “30k damage in an instant!!111” earlier in your thread, when in reality, it was 20k?

Also, I don’t know if you’ve answered this or not, but were you carrying a stun breaker, and was it off CD?

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I play a thief, and I agree that perma stealth is cheesy and should be corrected.

OP’d thief, lol

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Maderas.9741

Maderas.9741

The time for the Thief to get in range is related to the fact that while you were preoccupied fighting you still should have looked around every now and then to check to see if your enemy had any reinforcements coming. This is a simple tactic that is known as “situational awareness”.

So if you’re in a team fight and there’s a thief on the other side, you should save all of your survivability skills + dodges for the thief and ignore any damage coming from any other member of their party or else the thief gets to instagib you. Sounds fair.

Now, if you were downed before you got hit by the second CnD, then why did you keep saying “30k damage in an instant!!111” earlier in your thread, when in reality, it was 20k?

I said ‘almost 30k damage’. Even if you subtract the second C&D the thief hit me for 26,271 damage in the span of a few seconds.

Also, I don’t know if you’ve answered this or not, but were you carrying a stun breaker, and was it off CD?

I don’t have a stunbreak, no. I don’t need a stunbreak when fighting any other class in the game because I have 22,000 HP and nearly 2,800 armor. Not even hammer warriors are capable of stunlocking me to death in the span of a couple seconds, which really says a lot.

Having a stunbreaker wouldn’t have saved me in this scenario anyway because it was a teamfight. The same thing happened several other times throughout the course of the evening, both with and without the application of Basilisk Venom. The fact is, it is far more difficult to avoid being killed by a thief running this cheese than it is for the thief to kill somebody with it. The thief can basically sit back, wait until somebody dodges, and then annihilate them because they have no way of mitigating the damage. It’s inane.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

All this “I didn’t saw thief coming for me in a zerg fight – thief op” makes kinda no sense.
It could be a warrior stunlocking you, it could be ele perma CCing you, it could be necro perma fearing you. Hell, it could be a single immobilize followed by a melee train. In large fights things like this happen. Has nothing to do with a thief.

In a roaming 1v1 scenario this should not be happening – you must have some defensive skills, it’s not pve. Mistform\rtl\trollnado\armor of earth\lightning flash etc., etc. And every class has a number of those options. Deny the CnD or backstab and watch how thief runs away.

I don’t need a stunbreak when fighting any other class in the game

Let’s talk about broken classes, shall we.

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i run zerker thief and i don’t get hit as hard by glass cannon thief… were you naked or something?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Maderas.9741

All this “I didn’t saw thief coming for me in a zerg fight – thief op” makes kinda no sense.
It could be a warrior stunlocking you, it could be ele perma CCing you, it could be necro perma fearing you. Hell, it could be a single immobilize followed by a melee train. In large fights things like this happen. Has nothing to do with a thief.
In a roaming 1v1 scenario this should not be happening – you must have some defensive skills, it’s not pve. Mistform\rtl\trollnado\armor of earth\lightning flash etc., etc. And every class has a number of those options. Deny the CnD or backstab and watch how thief runs away.

I didn’t say zerg fight, I said it was a 3v3 skirmish. No other class kills me in two seconds unless I have a stunbreak slotted. That’s exclusive to thieves.

Let’s talk about broken classes, shall we.

What? You do realize the vast majority of classes can’t kill a toughness/vita build in the span of a single stun, right?

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I don’t play quote wars.

Arius, he did, in fact use ad hominem when he completely dismissed a great majority of what the opposition said (which was valid) and I got labeled a whining thief with a god complex. “According to you.” dismisses my arguments because of course I am me. There are also a few other places where he dismisses and starts labeling other commenters in the same way.

I guess you could call it straw man as well.

He does supply argumentation and a little proof to point out that the thief does in fact have the ability to hit high. However the whole point of this thread is to bring to light something people like him have complained about for over a year and instead of coming up with a solution, he would rather see another nerf. That is his conclusion and that is where he ruins it for himself. In which case, I explain that:

1.) He is complaining about high burst on a profession that is supposed to have high burst and that wanting to remove something the thief is supposed to have for the sole reason that the class has it shows that his argument is baseless.

2.) That removing one of the biggest defining factors of this profession is pointless and would be better handled if anet would just deleted the thief outright. That in itself make this thread seem like pointless crying.

3.) The OP has shown they have and will never play a thief. This means that the OP has no knowledge of this profession whatsoever. That is an instant credibility killer.

As for bias, I already pointed it out. It won’t matter what I say to him because in his mind he firmly believes that he is right when in fact he only sees one side. I understand his perspective and understand his pain, but when he refuses to understand exactly why that one incident happened and refuses to listen to people that have experienced it from both sides of the river, that is when someone becomes biased. The fact that the thief bursted him down is established but is not enough reason to nerf the main part of thief burst especially when he fails to see what thieves must do to get to that point. As for the 30k in a matter of seconds, warriors and reportedly guards can do that as well.

“contrary to popular belief…” is a phrase used to signify that whatever someone told you is false. Popular Belief is usually a lie that has been circulated to the point where people will claim its true because a large number of people believe it to be so. Its called Argumentum ad populum, which is currently whats going on in this thread and is no basis for validity.

Someone goes into WvW they get 1-shotted by a thief and ragequit to the forums. Ragequitter sees someone screaming backstab is OP without giving any proof other than a picture of a 5 digit number. Ragequitter believes backstab is OP rather than do research and find out its intended to be so, way more difficult to set up then they think and almost every class can deal that much damage in the same window of time.

That’s what happens when bias and Appealing to the populus comes together. Its called a bandwagon and people ride it because they don’t want to put forth effort to prove they know what they are talking about. Thus their arguments are pushed aside and they are trolled/ignored.

If 1000 people complain about backstab doing too much damage, its a legitimate concern. When a majority of those people are not credible because they refused to do any research and instead jumped on a bandwagon, then a valid ad populum turns into a fallacy and loses cred. That is what’s happening in this case. Reversing my “1000th person to complain” statement will not work here.

As for learning to play, i once had my kitten handed to me by every mesmer out there. So I made a mesmer, leveled it a little bit and suddenly they became easy to handle. I “learned to play” against mesmer. Why can’t he “learn to play” against thieves? It isn’t because he can’t, it is because he refuses to do so which places him on the bandwagon and thus adding another layer of invalidation to his argument.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I didn’t say zerg fight, I said it was a 3v3 skirmish. No other class kills me in two seconds unless I have a stunbreak slotted. That’s exclusive to thieves.

It’s wvw. You have to take into account that there’s always a chance of more enemies popping out of nowhere and catching you off guard. Has nothing to do with thieves. Any class can finish you off if you have everything on CD.
Ever saw a full glass guard teleport into you with focus busrting and the WWing?
Bolas+HB zerk war?
Full burst from zerk mesmer?
It’ll down you in the same time.

What? You do realize the vast majority of classes can’t kill a toughness/vita build in the span of a single stun, right?

For majority of classes being stunned means loosing a significant amount of life and combat initiative, leading to a defeat.
But your class, whatever it is, apparently can outperform any other class (from your words) without even needing a stunbreaker.
So you’re tottally ok with facerolling against everyone without any defensive options, but still think that a single spesialized and situational thief build is op.
Gotta love the logic.

EU Aurora Glade

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Maderas.9741

I don’t play quote wars.

Arius, he did, in fact use ad hominem when he completely dismissed a great majority of what the opposition said (which was valid) and I got labeled a whining thief with a god complex. “According to you.” dismisses my arguments because of course I am me. There are also a few other places where he dismisses and starts labeling other commenters in the same way.

I guess you could call it straw man as well.

I said “according to you” because you dismissed my post as having no value, as if you’re some kind of authority figure with the final say in what is or is not relevant. You aren’t. Get over yourself. Your god complex is in full swing again this post.

For majority of classes being stunned means loosing a significant amount of life and combat initiative, leading to a defeat.
But your class, whatever it is, apparently can outperform any other class (from your words) without even needing a stunbreaker.
So you’re tottally ok with facerolling against everyone without any defensive options, but still think that a single spesialized and situational thief build is op.
Gotta love the logic.

You’re just making kitten up now. I didn’t say I can “faceroll” every other class without a stunbreak, I said I didn’t need a stunbreak to fight other classes because other classes can’t kill me in the duration of a single stun like thieves regularly do. Not to mention it’s a wee bit easier to avoid, say, a warrior leaping through the air with a maul over his head than a thief who teleports on top of you with Steal and Basilisk Venom.

(edited by Maderas.9741)

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

I’m pretty sure that if I know the class about 100x more than you and played the class infinitely longer, that I have the room to dismiss your posts and point out the major flaws of your argument.

And yes, before you start accusing me of not reading I have read everything you’ve wrote and you constantly ignore anything that doesn’t support you. For all intents and purposes, posting a picture of a 5 digit number does not mean that your solution to it is justified and you need to get that out of your head.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Yes you did, lmao…

No. You do not break 3k armor running full medium exotic Dire + rabid accessories. You are wrong.

Also, I never said that you had any more than four seconds to react, other people said that. Judging by the, again, almost non-existent information you gave in the OP (a combat log screenshot doesn’t count, and I’m not asking you to post individual everythingz, just a screenshot of your gear + stats with the combat log, you on the ground dead would also help, but isn’t necessary), assuming you weren’t killed after the first combo, you had at least three more seconds to react after the combo was done, and that’s not even including the time that it took for the Thief to get in range of you, use his utilities, and do the combo beforehand. The fact that you then took half of an auto chain and ANOTHER CnD to die means that you clearly had plenty of time to react to the situation.

I WAS DOWNED BEFORE I GOT HIT BY THE SECOND C&D. I CANNOT MAKE THIS ANY CLEARER, SO PLEASE ALLOW IT TO REGISTER THIS TIME.

The whole “the time it took for the thief to get in range” bit is ridiculous, too. It’s not difficult for a thief to get in range of you during a team skirmish or when he runs up on you while you’re fighting someone else. So because I lack prescience and couldn’t use ESP to detect the incoming thief, and perfectly dodge his opener, I deserve to die instantly despite my gear? Right.

Hi i am a thief who runs DD full glass 3 signet build and at time DP. and i can tell you i can hit way more than that. and i can second run cnd + infil + another BS.

i would like to see your armor set and trait build. i assume that thief ambushed you or came in with stealth heal.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I don’t have a stunbreak, no. I don’t need a stunbreak when fighting any other class in the game because I have 22,000 HP and nearly 2,800 armor. Not even hammer warriors are capable of stunlocking me to death in the span of a couple seconds, which really says a lot.

I LOL’d so hard.

This conversation is over, you’re absolutely hilarious. Here’s a tip, carry a stunbreaker and stop lying, it’s bad for your argument.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

All of this damage was done in the span of about two to three seconds. I was dead before I even had a chance to react. This is running full Toughness/Vitality exotics with ascended trinkets.

Explain to me why this is allowed. And before you launch into the usual “glass cannon” blanket justification, any DP/shortbow thief worth their weight in salt is pretty much impossible to catch with the stealth spam even in full Berserker’s… so that’s a moot point.

Lol, don’t lie. You are typical rallybot running zerker items who can’t even dodge and spam aoe.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

OP’s lack of situational awareness and over-reliance on passive defense (def stats from gear) led to his demise.

Not just thief, but pretty much any class that specs full dps can easily down you in 3 seconds given your playstyle. So stop your whining.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

I LOL’d so hard.

This conversation is over, you’re absolutely hilarious. Here’s a tip, carry a stunbreaker and stop lying, it’s bad for your argument.

i LoLd so hard IRL. you compare hammer war with burst thief… ok conversation is over.

Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Youkay.5294

Youkay.5294

It does say a lot. A lot about your failure the grasp the core elements of the game. Comparing bursting ability of a GC thief and a hammer warrior… seriously…

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Outside the Engineer, I have every class at level 80 and have played them in WvW. When I first arrived in WvW at the end of August playing my own thief, I used to be taken down with regularity by the backstab thieves in what seemed seconds. This was with a Condition thief having stealth of his own and over 3000 armor along with 18k hps.

I adapted my tactics. I practiced getting a little faster reacting on the keyboard. My survival went way up.

I have since shifted him to a glass cannon thief having less then 15k hps , little in the way of stealth outside cnd and armor of 2400. I die less to those backstab thieves then when I first arrived here simply because i understand how they work and have adapted to it.

My warrior rarely goes down to one of those thieves, nor does my mesmer. My necro I still need practice on but with 27k hps he is not going down in “seconds”.

Playing Glass cannon I find it very difficult to set up for these types of backstabs. It only works against people not paying attention, those that are really not familiar with the game and are just mashing buttons or those who are totally focused on some target in WvW and not paying attention to their environment.

The best suggestion one can make to anyone wondering how to deal with these thieves is to PLAY one. This has been suggested but is just dismissed out of hand. As a thief hammer warriors can be a pain to deal with. As a hammer warrior I know how to make it as difficult as possible for the thief. As a thief I know how the hammer warrior works because I play a hammer warrior.

There is another thing I have come to understand. There are always people that are going to be better then me at this game. They are faster with their reactions . They can time the skills they are going to use to perfection. Just watch some of those videos out there where one thief battles 4 or 5 using his skills. It looks OP.

Then TRY it. The vast majority of people will not be that good . It takes a whole lot of skill.

Just because a person of greater skill defeats another, it does not mean the class is overpowered.

Oh and I hope you never run into two thieves in tandem using backstab and stealth against you. You will also go down very fast but this does not suggest 2 thieves are OP.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Lol, lost to the build that’s easiest to counter. Have you learned nothing this past year?

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Not sure if trolling, or just stupid.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Maderas.9741

I’m pretty sure that if I know the class about 100x more than you and played the class infinitely longer, that I have the room to dismiss your posts and point out the major flaws of your argument.

And yes, before you start accusing me of not reading I have read everything you’ve wrote and you constantly ignore anything that doesn’t support you. For all intents and purposes, posting a picture of a 5 digit number does not mean that your solution to it is justified and you need to get that out of your head.

Your arguments have been picked apart enough already. I’m open to admitting I’m wrong if anybody could give me a justifiable reason why thieves can burst down people in tank gear in 2 seconds, whereas you are completely delusional and live in a fantasy world where the class is underpowered. You’re no authority on anything.

It does say a lot. A lot about your failure the grasp the core elements of the game. Comparing bursting ability of a GC thief and a hammer warrior… seriously…

Are you suggesting warriors don’t hit hard? No, they don’t hit as hard as thieves. No other class hits as hard as thieves. That’s kind of the point. Either you continue hitting as hard as you do now and give up the insane survivability you gain via stealth spam, or you keep the stealth spam and do less damage. The idea that you somehow deserve both is ludicrous.

I LOL’d so hard.

I have yet to be killed without putting up a fight against a hammer warrior. Their stuns are also much easier to see and dodge than a thief’s.

Glad to have amused you, though somehow I doubt it’s very difficult to do.

Not sure if trolling, or just stupid.

Good retort. The fact remains I have no problems squaring off against what is currently held up as the golden standard of an overpowered class by almost everyone on the forum, and am effortlessly slaughtered with the same build vs. any mouthbreathing thief running a glass cannon spec.

I also love how you’re all completely ignoring Arius’ post, which perfectly summarizes how every skirmish against a group with a glass cannon thief in it plays out unless the thief is a mental invalid. Thief burst is out of hand.

(edited by Maderas.9741)

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

That is a flat out lie, Maderas.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Maderas.9741

You’re going to have to be more specific.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

OP is not here to understand. He’s just here to spam his QQ.

d/d thief landing 2 c&d in a couple of seconds

full PVT gear (and traits? and food ? and skills?) a pvt gear doesn’t worth anything if not put in a proper build.

it wasn’t a 1vs1 so OP could have had 10/15 vulnerability stacks

This is clearly a l2p issue or just a thief doing his job.

btw, a glassy war can 1shot you with eviscerate.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

I feel your pain a little op, at one point in time i was raging the same about thief’s. So then i made one and learned the class, its now my main, and a glass thief is not a difficult counter as everyone has already pointed out numerous times. I don’t want to say its a “l2p” situation, its more like a “l2c” (learn to counter) situation. Who dosnt carry a stun breaker…..

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

You havn’t listened to anyone in the past 3 pages. You refuse to give up any of the info that multiple people have asked you for and you will never give it up because everyone here knows that everyone will rip it apart and completely blow your statements out of the water.

Well actually they’ll only be confirming the kitten everyone has already said.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Maderas.9741

OP is not here to understand. He’s just here to spam his QQ.

d/d thief landing 2 c&d in a couple of seconds

full PVT gear (and traits? and food ? and skills?) a pvt gear doesn’t worth anything if not put in a proper build.

it wasn’t a 1vs1 so OP could have had 10/15 vulnerability stacks

This is clearly a l2p issue or just a thief doing his job.

btw, a glassy war can 1shot you with eviscerate.

Here we go with the ever shifting goalposts again. Now I might have had stacks of vulnerability applied by someone else.

You havn’t listened to anyone in the past 3 pages. You refuse to give up any of the info that multiple people have asked you for and you will never give it up because everyone here knows that everyone will rip it apart and completely blow your statements out of the water.

What information? I already gave my armor value and the gear I run.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

What information? I already gave my armor value and the gear I run.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

This is how you show your build because anyone can put numbers and gear type in their post.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Daendur.2357

Now I might have had stacks of vulnerability applied by someone else.

Is it wrong?

you said that pvp is not a place where everyone has full endurance to focus a target and dodge … so i think it was a group fight, and in that kind of situation you can have vulnerability applied by someone else, and the thief can also have 25stacks of might applied by someone else.

the point of an instagib build is instagibbing ppl. you were the target, too bad for you.
not a big problem.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Is it wrong?

you said that pvp is not a place where everyone has full endurance to focus a target and dodge … so i think it was a group fight, and in that kind of situation you can have vulnerability applied by someone else, and the thief can also have 25stacks of might applied by someone else.

the point of an instagib build is instagibbing ppl. you were the target, too bad for you.
not a big problem.

right on, and to counter instagib build is bunker build of ele and wars and guardians.

Blackgate

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Daendur.2357

Is it wrong?

not a big problem.

right on, and to counter instagib build is bunker build of ele and wars and guardians.

indeed the build worked. he survived the initial burst. the problem is he did not use his skills and took auto attack + another cloak and dagger and i bet another backstab if that wasn’t enough.

You can’t expect to survive a gc thief only with stats.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Is it wrong?

not a big problem.

indeed the build worked. he survived the initial burst. the problem is he did not use his skills and took auto attack + another cloak and dagger and i bet another backstab if that wasn’t enough.

You can’t expect to survive a gc thief only with stats.

yes this is a L2P issue.

Blackgate

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Some examples of useful counters (traits and utilities), I could bring up every effective thief counter from every class, but I wont for now unless someone begs for it.

For eles: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmmbyRyQlBAiHAAgEA-j0gAYbAJOQqAQKgIWGB-w

For Engineers: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0pyXH5y5F1LA-jEgUARsMC-w
Slick Shoes knockdown locks the thief on spot and is extremely effective unless the thief has picked up shadowstep in utilities or prepared with sword mainhand.

So what i’ve been doing lately is, whenever i encounter a thief or thieves, i just stand there and give them my body, afterall; it’s not worth fighting for what is already dead.

Allthough this made me lol, I’d like to suggest that you don’t give up.

There’s universal PvP builds for all classes that have tools to counter most builds including thieves. Full soldier is not the way, without a good offence you are just that same kid getting picked on by bullies, just that you covered yourself in plate armor,
picking up a huge sword to smash the bullies faces and removing some armor to swing harder will suffice.

Just get high enough stats to last through kill spikes, not only thieves can spike, all classes can. And I’d say 21k EHP is the softcap to last all but the most extreme ones.
Having above 4000 effective power will also let you effectively fight back once you have lasted through the kill spike.

Calculate it here: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/
Edit: small warning, the site seems infected with something currently, but nothing dangerous. Just close the ad.

Invulnerability and blocks are also extremely useful against kill spike builds.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Oh burnfall, i love reading his posts makes me laugh and chuckle everytime.

where you at burnfall i miss your threads.

Blackgate

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

All of this damage was done in the span of about two to three seconds. I was dead before I even had a chance to react. This is running full Toughness/Vitality exotics with ascended trinkets.

Explain to me why this is allowed. And before you launch into the usual “glass cannon” blanket justification, any DP/shortbow thief worth their weight in salt is pretty much impossible to catch with the stealth spam even in full Berserker’s… so that’s a moot point.

Because stealth is a stupid mechanic that has never ever been balanced in any MMO its been put in.
The idea of a burst class is also silly in a game where you can unload all skills in a few seconds, so massively frontload dmg.

Combined with virtual immunity from re-stealths and extreme mobility makes thiefs stupidly op in this kind of situation.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Obligatory:

“Show us on the doll, where the mean Thief thouched you.”

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Yea thief is so OP that all soloQ matches are 5 war vs 5 war . I wonder
why nobody uses the OP class.

Why is this acceptable?

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

It is obvious that this thread is not going to lead to any constructive discussion at this point and has therefore been closed.