Why no finisher on Dash?

Why no finisher on Dash?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

3 new dodges, 2 have a combo finisher, 1 doesn’t. Why?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Why no finisher on Dash?

in Thief

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

it’s more of a mobility skill that’s quick I guess. Balance?

Why no finisher on Dash?

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

it has limited condi removal and increased range. it’s not a combat dodge, it’s a mobility dodge.

Why no finisher on Dash?

in Thief

Daendur.2357

We will test. It seams that a thief chosing defense will get less

Why no finisher on Dash?

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

This trait definitely has more mobility in mind. Extra dodge distance, swiftness and cripple & chill removal means you have pretty much perma swiftness and very limited ways to stop you. I think this trait could be very strong on a roamer or decapper in pvp.

The other two dodge replacers are more offensive in nature, so it kind of makes sense that they can make use of combo fields. It means they can be of more benefit when in the thick of a fight. While undindered combatant could make use of a finisher, I think it may be a bit OP with the other things it provides. I also assume they would want to do a different finisher to the other two and that doesn’t really leave you with much choice.

A blast finisher would be way too OP for this replacer, and projectile would not be much use or thematically fitting for what the trait does.

We’ll just have to see how good or bad it is compared to the other two, and I am sure (with constructive feedback) Anet will look at ways to make sure they are all on par with each other. Just bear in mind that each dodge replacer may end up being very strong in different areas. While Bounding Dodger may be strong in an offensive sense, Unhindered Combatant may make the thief a much more slippery opponent, making them very hard to pin down.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Why no finisher on Dash?

in Thief

Daendur.2357

Tbh projectile would be nice… Thief Dash ad fast as a bullet

Why no finisher on Dash?

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Tbh projectile would be nice… Thief Dash ad fast as a bullet

If you dashed that fast you would be a different super hero altogether

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Why no finisher on Dash?

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

A blast finisher would be way too OP…

That would turn us into dancing monkeys for commanders.

Kash
NSP