Why thieves Can´t steal Epic bosses

in Thief

Posted by: magom.3275

magom.3275

I know is not going to help us kill Tequatle faster. But is, somehow, very immerse-breaker when you see all others 7 profession using their f1-f4 skills agains the Yellow bosses and then, when you tray to steal something from it you only get a 50 seg of cooldown (no traited steal).
I had done a list of tested epic boss in the world that give you nothing when you steal from them.

The Sahaterer
Tequatl the Sunless
Claw of Jormag

Great Jungle Worm (starting sylvari map)
Fire Elemental (starting asura map)
Shadow Behemont
Golem Mark II

The Nightmare Tree from all the three exp paths in Twilight Arbor
Tazza from path one in Sorrow’s Embrace (she is not even a yellow boss).

And others that i dont have tested properly yet. So, my question is for Anet ¿Why, since the launch of the game, our f1 skill has been so useless agains the big boss of the world? why other profession can use their own unique profession skills against everything that the pve world have but not us? is also for the pvp thing? (<= sarcasm).

Hoping any sort of answer from devs i say bye and thanks for reading the post. Also, if any other player want to add more creatures “immunes to steal” just posted here and a will edit later. thanks for reading again.

Edit. some grammar.

(edited by magom.3275)

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Pff, the Thief class skill is by far the least interesting anyway. I wish they’d just replace it all together.

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

Our class name is the only reason why we have Steal.

in Thief

magom.3275

Pff, the Thief class skill is by far the least interesting anyway. I wish they’d just replace it all together.

Agree and agree, but asking anet to change a mecanic when the current one is still broken will take ages. I think that steal should have to steal one stack of boon from the current target (full length) including the posibility to steal even 1 stack of defiant from bosses.

But, meanwhile, at least i hope they fix what i ask in this post. Too many hate on the thieves has make the devs think in us only fron the nerf glass and nothing more.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I think steal is awesome for pvp/wvw.

It sucks for pve, but then again 90% of what thieves do suck in pve.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

i find it very useful as well but then again i’m a pvp player…

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

The reason I can’t pull off a Steal against them is that I’ve never quite figured out where their pockets are while staring up at them.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Have ta disagree, for me in PvE Steal was a game changer. If ya trait it up right you get instant buffs for you and your friends whenever you use it in addition to poisoning, stealthing, and another thing or two I’m forgetting. I love Steal, it is my single favorite mechanic in the entire class.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’m not talking about how effective it may or may not be; the effect itself is just kinda lame by comparison. We have other shadowsteps, on shorter cooldowns in most cases, and the stolen skill is just… meh.
Compare that to a second health bar + transformation, 4 extra utilities, 2 extra weapon sets, extra resource for a special finishing attack, a controllable pet etc.

in Thief

magom.3275

The main raeson why steal feels better in pvp than pve is beacause in pvp thieves know of what will get if she/he steal to X or Y enemy, which allow them to think for ahead and planing the best choise.

In PvE we cant be 100% sure of what we will get when we steal, sometime we steal weapons useless against the same foe who we stolen to (like rocks from the Veteran Jade Colossus in the Jade Maw fractal) and sometimes we get nothing at all, like i already posted here. Is Like the whole mecanic of the thieves was not very well planed for pve in any way (like poor condition removals and not sourses of stability for a primary melee class, is very stupid when you think in most boss figths).

Also, anet wanna give us more mobility? so the best thing than thives will can do in dungeons is not to die? each second i spend moving around in a fight is a second that i loss to help my team, mean hitting the boss, using sr, buffing whith shared venoms or anything else. More mobility will be pretty cool for trolling in WvW, and maybe thieves will get less down in dungeons, but that is not a smart solution for the PvE thieves at all.

in Thief

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Eh, see it’s just a matter of taste. I like the sorta-kinda unpredictability of Steal, it gives you that “ace up your sleeve” thing without making it just one boring, stagnant ability. That “stealing stuff from enemies in combat” approach has a long tradition in games like Final Fantasy, though ironically I never did like it in those. I would be totally bummed if they removed or greatly changed Steal.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.