Why was p/p removed?

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

Why did they remove ricochet and the +10% damage trait in the first place? I’m a bit lost here. What was it supposed to accomplish? Why did p/p need nerfing?

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Because Tyrian technology isn’t ready for Pistols so they decided to focus it more on Rifles, which are apparently better at Ricocheting bullets.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Girbilcannon.8259

Girbilcannon.8259

I can see why they ported pistol mastery over to ankle shots, but honestly pulling ricochet and opportunist completely has really jacked up the spec and killed it pretty much completely.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

because they had to cut something since they merged down 65 traits to 45. thats basically the long and short of it.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Because they ran out of space on the Steal tooltip and given basic thief design logic, it was the only real place to put something anyway.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Cornholio.1567

Cornholio.1567

Omg more pp whine.. thise traits were trash for any pp roaming wvw or spvp.. What you should complain about is the low hp poll we got which is kittening kittened..
The only bad thing is the 10% that got stolen from us.. but even then we got the practise tolerance trait which is nice aswell.. Richoshet were for pve scrubs and you dont play thief for pve

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Because, whatever the other threads about it covered, that’s why.

Kash
NSP

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Omg more pp whine.. thise traits were trash for any pp roaming wvw or spvp.. What you should complain about is the low hp poll we got which is kittening kittened..
The only bad thing is the 10% that got stolen from us.. but even then we got the practise tolerance trait which is nice aswell.. Richoshet were for pve scrubs and you dont play thief for pve

Darn. Too bad it’s all gone before you could learn how to use it.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Cornholio.1567

Cornholio.1567

Amuse me pls.. show me the light

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Because Tyrian technology isn’t ready for Pistols so they decided to focus it more on Rifles,

Which are only used by 2 professions lol.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Because Tyrian technology isn’t ready for Pistols so they decided to focus it more on Rifles,

Which are only used by 2 professions lol.

And one of those 2 happens to be Anet’s sugarbaby profession.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Sartorial.6987

Sartorial.6987

Not sure who this “you” person is, but I and MANY others most certainly play thief in pve. They’re a fantastic utility class, especially for fractals and dungeons. I always loved the idea of a steampunk-type character gunning down monsters with dual pistols, which is why I always ran it. Ricochet was a fantastic way to at least give it a role besides “haste and unload spam on a single target”. I still use it for boss fights just because it’s fun, but the nerf was really uncalled for.

Oh well. Different day same story. Anet hates thieves. Couldn’t even be assed to come up with a decent elite spec. Just upgrade dodging. Sounds like a ton of fun. Same thing we’ve been doing. They’re not even metaphorically giving us the shaft anymore- we literally got it as our elite weapon.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

Also cause the shortbow naturally has ricochet, giving both weapons that feature removes the combat uses of shortbow. To keep each weapon set distinct they do kind of have to not overlap at all (which is why some of the weapon combinations don’t mesh in the slightest).

So the actual loss from the ricochet was the damage and range loss, which may come back if people use all sorts of weapon combos over the next BWE and P/P is without a doubt the weakest set; not just in a build that doesn’t support it, but under best conditions, if the P/P set can’t match a mediocre damage output from S/D, D/P or Staff then it might get addressed. ArenaNet can’t exactly make balance changes before anyone’s tried the new stuff but they might have with assumption they’d get around to bringing lost potential back with the DareDevil traits and maybe forgot, it’s a big game and these changes take a while to implement.

Secretly creative

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

There’s literally no reason to use P/P over short bow.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

From what we’ve seen, its most likely because of a future elite spec.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

they should have made P/P’s 2nd skill unload, the 3rd dual wield skill as a devil may cry dante style 360 shootabout , with the animation like daggerstorm.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I’ll be playing chronomancer post patch… Thief is kittened…

Just another noob thief…

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Forget about unload spamming, the new P/P is Black Powder into traited leap dodge into pewpewpew bleeding and blinds. It looks like a better version of current P/D (same initiative usage, lots of blinds, don’t need to land CnD for the Stealth, can fight close and at range forcing opponents to chase you through your blind fields, your dodges and your stealth).

It also looks to be more fun than 333333333.

I plan to translate my venom share bleeding build to P/P.

On the contrary I plan to use both.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

I use P/P for some World Bosses. Tequatl especially, since I never know where to aim with my SB AOE’s when I fight him.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I dunno why they ‘removed it’ and tbh I never understood the hype with p/p. I played it sure but never spent long on it as I found it very boring spammig #3 as therr was nothing really worth using on the rest of the set, #3 through the smoke feilds or any feild is pretty cool though. Not to mentiom that short bow does enough dmg to tag pve things and it’s far superior in pvp then p/p (that’s if you was going to use it over sb)

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I had crazy idea. With daredevil leap finisher dodge could stealthing pp become a thing?

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

I had crazy idea. With daredevil leap finisher dodge could stealthing pp become a thing?

P/P is a better version of P/D now

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

No for condition builds

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

Why was p/p removed?

Beacuse it isnt MONK enough and it cannot be nerfed in the NINJA style !

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Niels.5396

No because condition damage was nerfed on zerker builds your p1 from stealth doesn’t deal damage even near the amount required to compete with d/p.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Gamblit.5041

Gamblit.5041

Why did they remove ricochet and the +10% damage trait in the first place? I’m a bit lost here. What was it supposed to accomplish? Why did p/p need nerfing?

The Developers team is out of touch with the Community. They don’t ask us what we want, and this is the result.

And there is seem to be no way to get in touch with them anymore.

Dual Pistols – was the funnest spec i played in Gw2.

RiP Thief.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

The Developers team is out of touch with the Community. They don’t ask us what we want, and this is the result.

And there is seem to be no way to get in touch with them anymore.

Dual Pistols – was the funnest spec i played in Gw2.

RiP Thief.

I believe this fits pretty good as an answer to you

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”
- Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

No for condition builds

Yes it is. Same amount of bleeds, same initiative usage rate, you don’t even need to touch them to get your stealth, you also apply lots of blinds for the same cost.

Why was p/p removed?

in Thief

Niels.5396

No for condition builds

Yes it is. Same amount of bleeds, same initiative usage rate, you don’t even need to touch them to get your stealth, you also apply lots of blinds for the same cost.

I was going to argue that p/d dual skill is an important aspect of condi thief but then I realized that is bullkitten because you could have a few blinds and 5 bleeds instead without going to them.
The build would be even more viable for close fighting because of the constant blind fields you keep up.

It’s the world upside down. A zerker set used for conditions, but the zerker set is not viable anymore.
Maybe the set will start working for sinister.