death blossom replace , inspire the devs

in Thief

Posted by: Barock.7183

Barock.7183

hi everyone i want you all to post your ideas of a death blossom replacement/change .

everyone is begging to change this but i havn’t seen good inspiration for the devs to change it.

so be as creative as you can and don’t go over the top they still have to script it.

HERE IS A RECAP:

(Jiminy.8340)
raising the damage would help immensely. Alternatively, adding another condition such as weakness or vulnerability and upping the target number to 5 would help also.

(Mahkno.7593 )
(~900 range) gap closer/shadowstep ideally that positions us behind the target (granting stealth or blind?).

(muscarine.5136)
spin around reflecting all melee attacks spells condition applications and projectiles (can only be hit by ground target skills) same reflect frame as current evade

(Loading.4503)
shadowstep around your foe and throw daggers causing bleed

(Shockwave.1230)
improve the evade frame and animation

(evilapprentice.6379)
Shadow Mark
.25s Activation time
4 init
130 unit range
Strike a target for X Damage (Scaling similar to Shadow Shot) and daze them for .5s. Applies “Shadow Pursue” debuff
On strike, the skill rolls over to a second skill for 10s
Shadow Pursue
instant activation
900 unit range
1 init
Shadow step behind the target with “shadow pursue” debuff and remove 1 condition.
If the target is out of range, the skill fails (rather than just bringing you 900 units closer to your target)

(Xae Isareth.1364)
Increase damage while revealed

or

Pain Weaver: marks the target. For each further hit you damage the target with, it gains 1 stack of Pain. Each stack of Pain increases the damage the target takes by 0.5%.
Death Blossom: dash into the target, and if you successfully strike the target, remove all stacks of Pain from the target, dealing x damage per stack removed. Target loses all stacks of Pain and takes no damage if you fail to hit the target with this attack.

(Xtinct.7031)
same skill but add immobilize 1/2 sec

(Varylk.5628)
add reflect ( ranger counter )

(Black Frog.9274)
you flip over the enemy while grabbing them by the neck and flipping them to the ground

(kyubi.3620)
heavy damage to poisoned target or extreme damage if used while under the effect of revealed aka the old assassin death blossom principe of finishing move

(NinjaEd.3946)
reliable evade and a skill shot

(Reinn.7436)
Death Blossom
Initiative cost: 6
Description:
Shadowstep to your target foe and strike twice while evading attacks. The second strike hits foes that are adjacent to you and deals 50% more damage if target foe has more than 80% health.
Evade 1/2 s
Bleed (3 stacks)
Range 150

(alchemyst.2165)
just make it power based hitting decent ale dmg

(Grinex.7046)
increase the range traveled larger than HS and faster

(evilapprentice.6379)
reform D/D creating a true hybrid set-:

Double strike – reduce damage scaling, add a 2-3s Bleed to each swing.
- Front stab (backstab from the front) – reduce damage scaling alot, add damaging conditions to compensate
- DB – lower bleed duration some, buff direct damage some
Dancing Dagger – add torment, increase Init cost by 1.

(edited by Barock.7183)

in Thief

Posted by: Jiminy.8340

Jiminy.8340

Not sure it needs to be changed to a pure power skill, but raising the damage would help immensely. Alternatively, adding another condition such as weakness or vulnerability and upping the target number to 5 would help also.

in Thief

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

i’d like to see a (~900 range) gap closer/shadowstep incorporated somehow. ideally that positions us behind the target (granting stealth or blind?).

perhaps make it only do the gap closer if a target is selected or do a two part skill (like flanking strike/larcenous strike)

this would benefit both power and condi d/d thieves.

(edited by Mahkno.7593)

in Thief

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Remove the evade part, put a reflect damage, projectiles and active condi applications instead. Keep the short frame to make it a skillfull “counter attack”.

Doesn’t reflect AoEs.

% damage of reflection is based on base reflected skill modified by your own attributes, and spread through up to 3 targets in a 130 radius if reflecting melee damage, if ranged then back to the owner.

Does nothing if used while not under attack.

(edited by muscarine.5136)

in Thief

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Instead of the fancy spin, how bout we shadow step around our foe really fast and throw some daggers at them that causes bleeding? Sounds op already

in Thief

Posted by: Rush.8253

Rush.8253

Yep… full of hate and bile for all the noobs (and lack of any additions or improvements to WvW).

Wonder how much hate I would get if I started a thread every other week saying that Backstab should have it power reduced 75% and apply conditions or Heartseeker needs to be removed and replaced with something more conditioned spec’d.

Look at the threads above and you can easily see that this is not a discussion about changes but a bunch of noobs looking for a new “I win” button.

in Thief

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

@Rush
Yeah all others are noobs and you are the king. Db is fail in that line, that this skill is on a power based weaponset. Its clunky, its buggy, it sucks.
when you are so good then pls show us a video how u wreck enemys with death blossom.

(edited by Grebcol.5984)

in Thief

Posted by: CptnDrunk.8361

CptnDrunk.8361

D/D weapon set is fine as is… Id rather see S/P buffed or better trait changes to Acro line.
Changing DB would wreck a lot of condi thieves. I’ve fought some killer 3 spammers !

Tone Deaf [TUNE] | Yaks Bend
Doctor Love – Mesmer
Captain Awesome – Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

D/D weapon set is fine as is… Id rather see S/P buffed or better trait changes to Acro line.
Changing DB would wreck a lot of condi thieves. I’ve fought some killer 3 spammers !

P/D all the way.

Db is fail in that line, that this skill is on a power based weaponset

so true

(edited by Leolas.6273)

in Thief

Mahkno.7593

the idea i posted doesn’t hurt condi thieves. it just adds more utility to it (which is basically worthless for power thieves).

in Thief

Posted by: CptnDrunk.8361

CptnDrunk.8361

Well if we are discussing the buff/change/nerf of death blossom. Ill go with make DB 9 second bleed + 9 second poison. =D

Tone Deaf [TUNE] | Yaks Bend
Doctor Love – Mesmer
Captain Awesome – Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

DB can work as is, they could up the evade time to 1/2 or 3/4 of a second, Make the skill feel less sluggish by changing the leap/whirl speed or making it a bit more controllable direction wise, and that would be huge for the skill.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Should shoot out 5 scorpian wires at nearby foes within 900 range and then skill should chain (otherwise would be too op spamming scorpian wire!) to a 3second daggerstorm (minus stability or it would be too op!).

Make it a 3 initiative skill for aoe scorpian wire and 1 initiative for the mini daggerstorm so we don’t run out of initiative too fast. Really if you just spam skill 3 you are bad and killed easy so this would make this skill balanced to that end.

/thread

Next up: making dancing dagger a viable power skill!

Dancing dagger just doesn’t fit the stealthy thief play style. It doesn’t have enough dmg and its very obvious when used.

Suggestion, have its dmg in line with heart seeker and also scale like it too. But to prevent it from becoming rediculous I suggest that each bounce reduce the dagger dmg by 10%. Too compensate for the lower dmg increase number of targets to 5 so last target only takes 50% dmg.

3 initiative skill. 2 initiative refunded at end of skill when you have reveal debuff. Does not break stealth!

Another good balanced skill simply cause you are bad if you spam 4 and will die hard and fast if you do.

(edited by Justine.6351)

in Thief

Mahkno.7593

Should shoot out 5 scorpian wires at nearby foes within 900 range and then skill should chain (otherwise would be too op spamming scorpian wire!) to a 3second daggerstorm (minus stability or it would be too op!).

this is amazing. i change my answer.
scorpion death carousel 4eva

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Shadow Mark
.25s Activation time
4 init
130 unit range
Strike a target for X Damage (Scaling similar to Shadow Shot) and daze them for .5s. Applies “Shadow Pursue” debuff

On strike, the skill rolls over to a second skill for 10s

Shadow Pursue
instant activation
900 unit range
1 init
Shadow step behind the target with “shadow pursue” debuff and remove 1 condition.
If the target is out of range, the skill fails (rather than just bringing you 900 units closer to your target)

It’s similar to IS/IR and Shadow shot without being an exact copy, gives thief some much needed condition mitigation, and allows for some for some forethought in tactics.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in Thief

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I don’t think it needs to be changed into a straight power skill, because what would be it’s purpose then? You can’t make it do more damage than BS or HS, and since thieves don’t use CDs, no one would use it.

I think a good fix would be to either make it have some sort of a synergy (e.g. does 4x damage when revealed) so that it’s only used when some sort of a condition is fulfilled, or increase it’s utility (e.g. give it a 1/2 sec evade that starts on cast).

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Would just like to see it made into Whirlwind Attack from warrior. Instead of damage, just leave the bleeds on it, but in all other aspects (cast time, evasion frames, pre and post cast), make it the same as the warrior’s. At 4 initiative, you’d only get 3 in a row and it becomes a skill shot, gap closer/creator, and actually usable as a dodge. The utility in that set would be more important than the damage.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

No thank you.

Frankly, making DB a power skill wouldn’t make sense, since D/D is already fully functional as a power set and the only other melee option is power-only.

It doesn’t need to be changed, except for maybe tuning the evade a bit. It functions very effectively as a bleed stacker and allows D/D to have a little versatility. It’s also very flavorful. Anyone who thinks it’s weak or useless doesn’t know what they’re talking about and is just stuck in myopic perpetual backstab mode.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Thief

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Let’s keep it the same, but while your spinning in the air, every time u spam 3 again, it cost one initiative to throw down some scorpion wires that does nothing but look cool

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Death blossom is fine for what it is aimed to do, its a numbers issue is all. D/d condi or hybrid dont need a nerf because people think d/d is a all power set. You already have your hard hitters and gap closers in d/d, death blossom just needs to work as a reliable evade and repositioning skill. The condi is nice for their respective builds and there is no need for power builds to use it for their damage.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Sorry but I like db is actually very useful on hybrid/condi builds.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

daggerstorm junior
4 initiative
shoots out 8 daggers around you
0.25 power ratio per dagger
if u stand directly in enemy hit box all 8 hits connect
only hits 1 target per dagger
1 sec cast and after cast total

in Thief

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

No thank you.
<snip>
It doesn’t need to be changed, except for maybe tuning the evade a bit.

Indeed. Make the evade more responsive (say, directly at the start of the animation) and/or slightly longer (1/2 second). Done.

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I agree, death blossom could use some sort of rework or buff.

How about allowing death blossom to grant a 1/2 sec immobilize.

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

No thank you.
<snip>

Indeed. Make the evade more responsive (say, directly at the start of the animation) and/or slightly longer (1/2 second). Done.

This is the kind of change I can get behind.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

No thank you.
<snip>

Except it’s still a kittenty condition damage based move in a power/crit damage based set.

D/D is clearly not a hybrid set – it has exactly 1 skill that can do damage with conditions (no, poison on lotus strike is not a viable damage source for condition builds). That is not a hybrid set.

It doesn’t matter if you like using D/D as a condition set – your enjoyment does not negate the fact that it’s awful design. Spamming a single skill to do all your damage is indefensible as a well designed set.

D/D is inferior to D/P for 2 primary reasons. Sub-par gap closing, and sub-par defenses. A slightly better evade helps with the sub-par defenses, but it’s still inferior to D/P in gap-closing ability, and the skill still does kitten damage in any spec that makes use of the other 4 skills in D/D’s set.

in Thief

Justine.6351

Hey I got it! Just remove the bleeds. Now its a power skill!

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yes a great solution can’t fix it delete it instead of using knowledge to improve like war rifle ex-bleed #brainpower.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Varylk.5628

Varylk.5628

keep the db as is. but adding reflection to projectile attacks into the “dancing frame” would help a a ton against those spammy rangers and the like. since the only reflection thiefs had is daggerstorm, and that’s a wasted skill if it used on defense.

in Thief

Gudy.3607

Except it’s still a kittenty condition damage based move in a power/crit damage based set.

D/D is clearly not a hybrid set – it has exactly 1 skill that can do damage with conditions (no, poison on lotus strike is not a viable damage source for condition builds). That is not a hybrid set.

sigh There we go again. Yes, most of the D/D skills are direct damage. Death Blossom, though, provides some of the strongest bleed stacks in the game and an easy way to stack them so they do significant damage. I don’t think that this is an accident like some other skills in this game which provide bleeding as something of an afterthought. Which, yes, makes D/D a hybrid set, whether you want it to or not.

With the poison to reduce healing, the Heart Seeker as a (admittedly somewhat short-ranged) gap closer, Dancing Dagger helping both with getting close and getting away, and Cloak and Dagger for stealth access, that makes it a decent hybrid set, as far as these things go. Is it competitive in PvP? Probably not, from what I’m hearing, and something should perhaps be done about that. Changing the character of the whole set, especially when the Thief already has a bunch of pure power sets (S/P, S/D, D/P), does not strike me as the way to do so, though.

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

DB is amazing, especially in conjunction with the blind trait on CnD, dancing dagger (cripple) and poison on auto. The only thing that doesn’t fit in D/D is Heartseeker – please move it to a power set!!!

Having a spammable evade on a heavy condi application is epic. Seriously… I’ve even stopped playing power sets in sPvP now favoring D/D P/D condition and the whining has increased tenfold. Every class/build combo considered powerful in there is naturally countered by it. Turrets, minions, hambows… the smack talking is a good indicator that their face-rolling is running into issues.

I’m not really going to comment on these ‘change DB to power’ threads any more because frankly I’d rather people theorycraft why it isn’t as good as D/P or whatever and simply not play it… I prefer being the exception and I prefer folks felt it weak rather than abuse it and attract the inevitable nerf.

Tiger

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

sigh There we go again. Yes, most of the D/D skills are direct damage. Death Blossom, though, provides some of the strongest bleed stacks in the game and an easy way to stack them so they do significant damage. I don’t think that this is an accident like some other skills in this game which provide bleeding as something of an
afterthought. Which, yes, makes D/D a hybrid set, whether you want it to or not.

87.5% of the weaponsets skills do direct damage. The 12.5% (1 single skill) that does condition damage does so with a single, easily cleansed condition. The set has poor options for generating cover conditions. If this is a hybrid set, it’s an awful one.

With the poison to reduce healing, the Heart Seeker as a (admittedly somewhat short-ranged) gap closer, Dancing Dagger helping both with getting close and getting away, and Cloak and Dagger for stealth access, that makes it a decent hybrid set, as far as these things go.

How exactly do any of these things make it a better hybrid set? Not a single thing you listed gets any sort of benefit from condition damage – they have almost to do with how effective a hybrid set D/D makes – if D/D had multiple ways to access damaging conditions, then these things might matter, but as it stands they don’t. These arguments make me feel as though you lack the experience and knowledge required to make comments on a thread like this.

in Thief

Gudy.3607

I’m not really going to comment on these ‘change DB to power’ threads any more

I can see why.

87.5% of the weaponsets skills do direct damage. The 12.5% (1 single skill) that does condition damage does so with a single, easily cleansed condition.

With top quality arguments like this…

These arguments make me feel as though you lack the experience and knowledge required to make comments on a thread like this.

… and bullying attempts to exclude people from a public discussion like that, I think I’ll follow Faeyd’s lead and continue to simply enjoy my D/D hybrid.

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

I’m not really going to comment on these ‘change DB to power’ threads any more

I can see why.

87.5% of the weaponsets skills do direct damage. The 12.5% (1 single skill) that does condition damage does so with a single, easily cleansed condition.

With top quality arguments like this…

you mean the kind Anet uses? It was the reasoning behind Warrior’s rifle AA Change – they thought it was silly to have a condition based AA in the middle of set that was overwhelmingly power/crit based.

These arguments make me feel as though you lack the experience and knowledge required to make comments on a thread like this.

… and bullying attempts to exclude people from a public discussion like that, I think I’ll follow Faeyd’s lead and continue to simply enjoy my D/D hybrid.

Everyone is welcome in the discussion, but if you say things that don’t make sense, don’t expect them to count. There’s no harm in actually learning the basic mechanics of the game before commenting on their value. I’m glad you enjoy your D/D “Hybrid”, but it’d be better for everyone (you included) if the weaponset was well designed. By all means, turn it into an actual functional hybrid set – that’d be great!

in Thief

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

Instead of the fancy spin, how bout we shadow step around our foe really fast and throw some daggers at them that causes bleeding? Sounds op already

I really like this idea. I would make it so that you throw a dagger (like #4), shadowstep, then make this idea a second part, but you would not get any evade so you are vulnerable to aoe’s. The shadowstep could cost ~4 ini and the dagger shadowstep could cost ~5 ini. The shadowstep could maybe be a burst skill, or just a skill to make a lot of confusion. I like the 2 part idea to prevent spamming of this skill.

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Nonono. S/P does not need any buffs. The spec was OP in PvP recently and any buffs will make it OP again.

D/D is also not find as is. D/D is a power spec and the 3 skill should also be about power. Instead, thieves should get a new mainhand weapon that is melee condi focused. DB would be a good #2 skill there.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

turn it into a control. you flip over the enemy while grabbing them by the neck and flipping them to the ground

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

RyuDragnier.9476

sigh There we go again. Yes, most of the D/D skills are direct damage. Death Blossom, though, provides some of the strongest bleed stacks in the game and an easy way to stack them so they do significant damage. I don’t think that this is an accident like some other skills in this game which provide bleeding as something of an afterthought. Which, yes, makes D/D a hybrid set, whether you want it to or not.

With the poison to reduce healing, the Heart Seeker as a (admittedly somewhat short-ranged) gap closer, Dancing Dagger helping both with getting close and getting away, and Cloak and Dagger for stealth access, that makes it a decent hybrid set, as far as these things go. Is it competitive in PvP? Probably not, from what I’m hearing, and something should perhaps be done about that. Changing the character of the whole set, especially when the Thief already has a bunch of pure power sets (S/P, S/D, D/P), does not strike me as the way to do so, though.

Again, this poster understands it all. Also, we do NOT need another power build, we already have S/P, S/D, and D/P. All of you people wanting it to be power to get over it, because nothing on D/D will EVER replace CnD and Backstab use, which are all the power you need on that set (seriously, those two moves on a GC thief can down almost anything).

[hS]

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Half second evade that starts at the beginning of the frame, lower damage to compensate. It’s really not that hard.

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

Half second evade that starts at the beginning of the frame, lower damage to compensate. It’s really not that hard.

It is though, because….[u] [/u]

(community feel free to fill in the blanks)

in Thief

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

how about death blossom would deal heavy damage to poisoned target or extreme damage if used while under the effect of revealed aka the old assassin death blossom principe of finishing move post opener (with damage around or higher then heartseeker)? This would indeed make DD the ultimate glass cannon assassination set.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

how about death blossom would deal heavy damage to poisoned target or extreme damage if used while under the effect of revealed aka the old assassin death blossom principe of finishing move post opener (with damage around or higher then heartseeker)? This would indeed make DD the ultimate glass cannon assassination set.

Would be nice to tie some skills into revealed, seeing as it is the road anet seems to be pushing against us. I still wish it was a reliable evade and a skill shot, the rest is fine though.

in Thief

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

Would be nice to tie some skills into revealed, seeing as it is the road anet seems to be pushing against us. I still wish it was a reliable evade and a skill shot, the rest is fine though.

I like this, but I feel like A-Net would this were “op”. If evades were op and damage were on on the game’s most squishy class, then I don’t see this happening. If it were to happen, then it’d be like if their health is under 3% or something stupid.

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

No thank you.
<snip>

It doesn’t matter if you like using D/D as a condition set – your enjoyment does not negate the fact that it’s awful design. Spamming a single skill to do all your damage is indefensible as a well designed set.

D/D is inferior to D/P for 2 primary reasons. Sub-par gap closing, and sub-par defenses. A slightly better evade helps with the sub-par defenses, but it’s still inferior to D/P in gap-closing ability, and the skill still does kitten damage in any spec that makes use of the other 4 skills in D/D’s set.

Sorry, you’re wrong.

Death Blossom is one of the most effective bleed stackers in the game, and the most effective bleed stacker in the Thief’s kitten nal, period. This alone makes D/D a hybrid set (the Poison is just icing on the cake), which is how it should stay, especially considering D/D is already more than fine for Power AND the only other melee option Thieves have is Power-only.

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

No thank you.
<snip>

Sorry, you’re wrong.

Death Blossom is one of the most effective bleed stackers in the game, and the most effective bleed stacker in the Thief’s kitten nal, period. This alone makes D/D a hybrid set (the Poison is just icing on the cake), which is how it should stay, especially considering D/D is already more than fine for Power AND the only other melee option Thieves have is Power-only.

No. Just…No. First of all, there’s absolutely no debate as to whether or not D/D is underpowered – you don’t see it in TPvP for a reason.

While “Hybrid set” isn’t strictly defined, you’d imagine it’d be a set where your abilities allow for both your Power AND your condition damage stats to contribute to your overall damage roughly equally.

D/D has 6 skills (out of eight) that gain absolutely nothing from condition damage. Your condition damage could be 100,000 – 6 of your 8 skills do not care. Another 1 of the 7 technically gains some damage, but nothing significant (Poison is a debuff, not a viable damaging condition for killing a target). So 7 our of 8 of your skills (87.5%) do not gain anything appreciable from condition damage. If you want to do condition damage, you can’t choose the skill that best fits the situation, because only 1 skill you have can do condition damage. This is not well designed or fun to play – D/D is not a functional Hybrid set. All this is of course ignoring the fact that all of your condition damage is based on 1 condition with a poor ability to generate cover conditions, meaning the damage is easily cleansed in anything other than PvE.

I don’t care if this set “works” as a “hybrid set” in PvE – you can make anything work in PvE, it’s all scripted content.

I Honestly don’t care if D/D is made a power set, a real hybrid set, or a condi set – I just want it do be well designed.

Want to see what D/D would look like if it was actually a hybrid set?

Double strike – reduce damage scaling, add a 2-3s Bleed to each swing.
Front stab (backstab from the front) – reduce damage scaling alot, add damaging conditions to compensate
DB – lower bleed duration some, buff direct damage some
Dancing Dagger – add torment, increase Init cost by 1.

There. That’s what a hybrid set looks like (at least compared to what we currently have in D/D). You have multiple options for dealing condition damage – you have multiple options for dealing direct damage – the skills that don’t have a way to deal both types of damage (wild strike, HS, CnD) at least have other generally useful side effects (endurance gain, gap closing, stealth which opens up BS).

You will never convince me that D/D in its current state is a functional or well designed hybrid set, because it isn’t, just looking at the set makes it apparent.

in Thief

RyuDragnier.9476

It works as a hybrid set in both PvE AND WvW. Just because it doesn’t do well in sPvP is no reason to change it…unless of course you’re saying changing things based on sPvP is okay with you, at which point you’re saying the past nerfs to the class were okay. Evasion builds were nerfed due to sPvP, SB was nerfed due to sPvP, quite a bit of things were, which now need buffs in other modes. So no, sPvP is NOT a good reason to change anything.

[hS]

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

What if….a thief is granted distort instead of just evades? and it reflected projectiles?

And I’m personally convinced it needs a buff. I’ve never seen it hold ground in WvW – ever. I’ve never lost to a d/d hybrid. Only when they go by the old style backstab, does d/d prove a threat/challenge.

in Thief

Justine.6351

What if….a thief is granted distort instead of just evades? and it reflected projectiles?

And I’m personally convinced it needs a buff. I’ve never seen it hold ground in WvW – ever. I’ve never lost to a d/d hybrid. Only when they go by the old style backstab, does d/d prove a threat/challenge.

Then why does it need to be changed?

I’m not understanding why the obsession with this skill having bleed stacks as bad. Even if converted to all power and remove bleeds it will never become the next Heatseeker. If this skill never had bleeds on it in the first place and had same dmg people would never have known the difference and instead complain more about its evade mechanic being somewhat unreliable than its low dmg. Not every skill on dagger needs to rip through a target. I was surprised on using glass d/d in low lvl pve that CND was 1 shoting trash. I thought the skill would be low dmg considering its powerful utility.

in Thief

Posted by: Reinn.7436

Reinn.7436

Death Blossom

Description:
Shadowstep to your target foe and strike twice while evading attacks. The second strike hits foes that are adjacent to you and deals 50% more damage if target foe has more than 80% health.

Evade 1/2 s
Bleed (3 stacks)
Range 150

“Even thieves have principles to follow.”

-Chinese Proverb.

(edited by Reinn.7436)

in Thief

Justine.6351

Death Blossom

Description:

Evade 1/2 s
Bleed (3 stacks)
Range 150

Hell why not make it steal a boon and knockdown while we are at it.