ranger dmg not QQ

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

hi there was roaming in wvw using s/d full glass and ranger started attacking me i have vs alot of rangers before but none that have done this sort of dmg 8.7k maul and 7k counter strike kick is that normal. yes im aware im full glass but iv never seen that sort of dmg

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

What’s the purpose of this thread? Learn to dodge Maul and not attack while the Ranger uses the GS block so that you don’t get counterstriked. Both of these attacks are far easier to avoid than backstab or pistolwhip, which do more damage.

The Ranger would have had to be incredibly glassy himself to do that sort of damage.

Ranger//Necro

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Every class can burst you in a heartbeat if you’re glass. Rangers can have good burst in ideal situations, but it’s still somewhat inferior to many other classes.

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

hi there was roaming in wvw using s/d full glass and ranger started attacking me i have vs alot of rangers before but none that have done this sort of dmg 8.7k maul and 7k counter strike kick is that normal. yes im aware im full glass but iv never seen that sort of dmg

This is normal, Ranger is Thief 2.0 , has better DMG,HP and surv. abilities

DPS Ranger disappear 80+% Thief HP with single http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rapid_Fire

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

The new LB rangers are a pain… with read the wind you can’t just side step rapid fire, and it follows you in stealth… caught me off guard a couple of times… its 75% hp of my health gone, or all my dodges

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Both these skills are extremely large telegraphs.

Maul creates a huge glowing bear claw and roars as it’s used, it also takes a good 1/2 second to land, counter – like any riposting skill, the user holds their blade at an angle and you get that low “hum” sound; many classes have powerful ripostes to watch out for.

Rangers also have a trait that guarantees that their opening strike is an automatic crit. Combined with some other one-shot boosts it’s very easy to create a devestating opening maul. But, like the backstab of a thief, is something you should be able to anticipate and counter very easily, once you know what to expect.

(Inb4 "easy for you to say as a ranger. Reason I’m in the forum is because I’m levelling a thief)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Both these skills are extremely large telegraphs.

Maul creates a huge glowing bear claw and roars as it’s used, it also takes a good 1/2 second to land, counter – like any riposting skill, the user holds their blade at an angle and you get that low “hum” sound; many classes have powerful ripostes to watch out for.

Rangers also have a trait that guarantees that their opening strike is an automatic crit. Combined with some other one-shot boosts it’s very easy to create a devestating opening maul. But, like the backstab of a thief, is something you should be able to anticipate and counter very easily, once you know what to expect.

(Inb4 "easy for you to say as a ranger. Reason I’m in the forum is because I’m levelling a thief)

Except the ranger uses counterattack which can be pulled of immediately when the thief is unloading an auto-attack chain, followed by a hilt bash and maul.

Rangers are counter-heavy against thieves in the right hands and I like it this way, not much room for screwing up on both sides.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Looks like u got rekt by a bearbow

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The new LB rangers are a pain… with read the wind you can’t just side step rapid fire, and it follows you in stealth… caught me off guard a couple of times… its 75% hp of my health gone, or all my dodges

You never could sidestep rapid fire. And RtW isn’t responsible for stealth tracking. That’s also built into Rapid Fire and has been as long as the game has been out. The trade-off with Rapid Fire is that it deals less damage than longbow #1 does, so you either track stealth/apply vuln or deal more damage.

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

I actually ended up winning the fight at the end. yes those aren’t the hardest attacks see coming but yea he managed to hit me with them bad playing on my part just was surprised with the dmg that is all. ty for the info and help guys much appreciated

ranger dmg not QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Bearbow#1getrekt