theif still op

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

This guy plays a ranger for sure, no one that kittened can’t resist the sweet aroma of badness and bearbow that is ranger. Please /uninstall OP.

cough

see signature for ranger eating thieves for breakfast

And it wasn’t actually that good :/ all you did was finish off a thief who was silly enough to engage 3 at mid point anyway, even if he was trying to troll cap it really wasn’t a smart thing to do. Oh well goodjob anyway?

I realize that. See my latest video for a fair 1v1 against a competent thief. This one just shows that Shadow Refuge isn’t a get out of jail free card, like most assume. I can’t fathom how many times I’ve knocked a thief out of shadow refuge using simple camera placement as if I were playing a ranged action RPG with a crosshair.

A well timed ranged knockback to make the thief fly out of SR is so priceless, the thief usually just stands there stunned like “revealed and no more stealth, wat do?”

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

This guy plays a ranger for sure, no one that kittened can’t resist the sweet aroma of badness and bearbow that is ranger. Please /uninstall OP.

cough

And it wasn’t actually that good :/ all you did was finish off a thief who was silly enough to engage 3 at mid point anyway, even if he was trying to troll cap it really wasn’t a smart thing to do. Oh well goodjob anyway?

I realize that. See my latest video for a fair 1v1 against a competent thief. This one just shows that Shadow Refuge isn’t a get out of jail free card, like most assume. I can’t fathom how many times I’ve knocked a thief out of shadow refuge using simple camera placement as if I were playing a ranged action RPG with a crosshair.

but, but, but…. thief has no counterplay!!! How….what?

head explodes

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

cough

Yeah he’s extremely competent at running away. You ambushed him and he used shadow refuge at near full health for some reason. And I’d never stand in the middle of shadow refuge I always stand a tiny bit past the edge good luck hitting me out of there.

Good pvp match though!

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: MatyrGustav.6210

MatyrGustav.6210

i was hoping the patch would nerf all the things about the theif that were brokenly overpowered, sadly this was not the case.

they still can engage and escape without consequence with stealth while 3 to 6 people chase after them looking like fools because they can do nothing to stop them

they still do overwhelming damage to a single target thats broken by comparison to anyone else

they still chase down a target so easily with their constant dagger leaps and high no cooldowns

im aware that this is where theifs usually go to ask eachother how to be more OP so yea bring on the backlash…and dont say that ranger counters stealth…..it doesnt

I play thief in WvW, and Spvp and its really hard for me to play other classes because thief is OP, and can escape without trying.

Never die, if your going to lose, escape and torment them till a teammate comes then team up and kill them. Its the only class when you can truly escape without worry.

Thieves are the only class that can go full glass cannon, and still have the best defense (Invisibility)

100% guaranteed preemptive strike. So this can be deadly with a Glass Cannon build.

Every class has a weakness, and every class has to face and feel their weakness in battle. The thief doesn’t have to since they can invis and escape.

From my experiences playing thief, I can say that it is OP. In this game you can avoid most attacks but how can you avoid an attack when the attacker is invisible and you dont know hes coming even in an engaged fight?

I have this saying " If you cant do anything to avoid something, then its broken" especially if that something can take away most of your health.

So I dunno what need to be done to balance things, maybe increase the re-invise cooldown timer again?

Of course thieves arent going to agree. I didnt till I started playing other classes.

To the people saying escaping isnt over powered. It is when your mistakes have no consequences, and you can re challenge the opponent until he makes a mistake and kill him.

Thief + Mistake = Escape
Other classes + Mistake = Die

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

i was hoping the patch would nerf all the things about the theif that were brokenly overpowered, sadly this was not the case.

they still can engage and escape without consequence with stealth while 3 to 6 people chase after them looking like fools because they can do nothing to stop them

they still do overwhelming damage to a single target thats broken by comparison to anyone else

they still chase down a target so easily with their constant dagger leaps and high no cooldowns

im aware that this is where theifs usually go to ask eachother how to be more OP so yea bring on the backlash…and dont say that ranger counters stealth…..it doesnt

I play thief in WvW, and Spvp and its really hard for me to play other classes because thief is OP, and can escape without trying.

Never die, if your going to lose, escape and torment them till a teammate comes then team up and kill them. Its the only class when you can truly escape without worry.

Thieves are the only class that can go full glass cannon, and still have the best defense (Invisibility)

100% guaranteed preemptive strike. So this can be deadly with a Glass Cannon build.

Every class has a weakness, and every class has to face and feel their weakness in battle. The thief doesn’t have to since they can invis and escape.

From my experiences playing thief, I can say that it is OP. In this game you can avoid most attacks but how can you avoid an attack when the attacker is invisible and you dont know hes coming even in an engaged fight?

I have this saying " If you cant do anything to avoid something, then its broken" especially if that something can take away most of your health.

So I dunno what need to be done to balance things, maybe increase the re-invise cooldown timer again?

Of course thieves arent going to agree. I didnt till I started playing other classes.

To the people saying escaping isnt over powered. It is when your mistakes have no consequences, and you can re challenge the opponent until he makes a mistake and kill him.

Thief + Mistake = Escape

It’s always funny, if people write a text, but don’t understand itself.
Will people ever understand, that the thief isn’t OP, but stealth.

Are thieves without stealth OP?
Are thieves, if a player know how to counter stealth and kill them with one hit, because their survivability is non-exist, OP?

Thieves are the worst class in this game(, or at least one of the worst) and without this broken, too strong and bad designed mechanic [stealth], they were a dead class and noone would play them.

Stealth is currently too strong but thieves are nothing without it, and this are the real problems, nothing else!

PS: Every warrior, mesmer, or engi can play a fullberserker build and have a better survivability, than thieves with stealth.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Thalionsir.5976

Thalionsir.5976

May I say that, as a Ranger, I rather enjoy my match ups against Thieves these days (at least the ones I see coming) and I feel that the stealth mechanic adds quite the fun “Hide and seek” aspects to the fight. I also find that these fights are an interesting see-saw of my kiting and their stealthing. So, for my two cents, I think they are quite nicely balanced.

Thank you all for some interesting and satisfying fights.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Thief is the opposite of necro in terms of strength and weaknesses. A necro is really sturdy and can tank a lot of dmg and push out a good amount of conditions or/and good sustained direct dmg. If a necro enters a fight he often can’t leave and also the opponent will have difficulties leaving alive. But if 3 people hops on the necro there is no escape. The thief is more inverted, he’s often screwed 1v1 or if 2 opponents enter, so instead he has high mobility and also stealth (depending on build) combined with good burst the small windows when he can cause damage. So that’s pretty much the thiefs weakness and strength in battle.

There are far worse unavoidable attacks. For instance engineers trait “Incendiary Powder” that burns targets on crits takes away about more than half of the thiefs health if it’s not cleansed asap, and it has 10s cooldown while all the thiefs cleanses are on much greater cooldowns. and it’s certain to land in a 1v1 as long as the engineer hits and crits, it can’t be dodged unlike backstab which can be completely avoided and countered and also turned into a facestab which hits close to the same as an auto-attack. And mesmers Moa elite from stealth. Or minion masters npc auto-attack spam deals really heavy dmg and is impossible to fully avoid in open field.

Thief + Mistake = Escape

So, getting pushed out out of shadow refuge after using shadow step to cleanse conditions or break stuns, while you have 2 initiative left and heal on cooldown has no consequences? Or getting stunlocked by a mesmer with stunbreakers on cooldown while some warrior is using Hundred Blades followed by an eviscerate(if you are still alive) has no consequences? Or taking 2 hits from Necro’s lich form and getting downed has no consquences? Or getting critted by an irrelevant skill and get 7sec of burning from engineers IP while you are at 7k health with condicleanse on cooldown has no consquences?

Thief is full of consquences, and often you don’t even have to make a mistake to get kitten at.

In general (they all have ways to get less or more mobility):
Warriors, Engineers and Mesmers have nearly as good escapability as thieves, while they also survive better in combat and has just as good dmg combined with CC’s.

Then we have Guardians, Rangers and Elementalist, they are slightly more limited, but yet very mobile.

And Necromancers are really terrible when it comes to mobility, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time you will die for sure.

Except for condi troll thieves which are really strong in some situations and really weak in some, I feel the thief class is well balanced. And after all, it’s a god kittenin class! They should be able to kill whoever they want if they are good at their art and take someone off-guard, and only really strong and skilled fighters should be able to fight back.

All this was about sPvP and tPvP, if I bring up WvW, I still find them balanced, they are horrible in zergs, while they are strong in groups and solo, after I got hit by x2 7k meteor shower while trying to ress an ally I saw why.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

In sPvP thief is a “one error and you’re dead” profession. If we get caught off guard or focused in any team fight we are dead for sure. Maybe thief is strong in hot-joins, but that’s not PvP IMO. For WvW I agree with Ghostwolf. Thief is strong for roaming purposes, but is heavily outmatched in team fights or zergs.

Melder – Thief

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Theives are still op? Lol. I main an Ele, and at the moment I feel slightly bad for thieves. It comforts me that really good thieves can still kick my butt, but in general I feel that thieves have been wronged a bit.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

Thief is the opposite of necro in terms of strength and weaknesses.

Clearly a lie because I’m sure a thief necro’d this thread.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Thief is the opposite of necro in terms of strength and weaknesses.

Clearly a lie because I’m sure a thief necro’d this thread.

The thief stated he has not thieved in a while, maybe he’s practicing a new profession?

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Well said , keyboard turning skill clicker, well said. Oh and yeah ranger counters stealth, same as any other heavy area control class. And no I didn’t mean that he counters stealth by sic-em.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

theif still op

in Thief

MatyrGustav.6210

Thief + Mistake = Escape

It’s always funny, if people write a text, but don’t understand itself.
Will people ever understand, that the thief isn’t OP, but stealth.

Are thieves without stealth OP?
Are thieves, if a player know how to counter stealth and kill them with one hit, because their survivability is non-exist, OP?

Thieves are the worst class in this game(, or at least one of the worst) and without this broken, too strong and bad designed mechanic [stealth], they were a dead class and noone would play them.

Stealth is currently too strong but thieves are nothing without it, and this are the real problems, nothing else!

PS: Every warrior, mesmer, or engi can play a fullberserker build and have a better survivability, than thieves with stealth.

Thieves arent OP without stealth, but they are OP with it. There is no countering stealth, a Glass Dagger thief will have you dead without you even knowing where he/she came from. In an engaged combat situation trying to counter stealth by flailing and spamming ground targets dont do much, Its just a hope and a Dream the thief didnt move after he turned invise. All you did was blow your cooldowns, and made yourself an easier target. New Thieves are the only ones who get caught, since they dont realize they have to move after invise.

In a noobs hands thieves are the Worst class , but in an experts hands they are OP. Im no expert and i would always get top player and would never die in Spvp. In world vs world you can go within the other teams zerg and cloak and dagger forever and never get caught while causing havoc.

Without Invis im sure Anet would have gave thieves more Toughness and Vit along with more Shadow Step type skills.

Nothing has more survivability than Invis, and the class that has the highest Attack has it, Thief. Place 5 people on a warrior, mesmer, or engie and see how fast they die. Place those same people on a Thief and youll see that the fight will take longer, and probably the only ones dead will be the people pursuing him.

theif still op

in Thief

MatyrGustav.6210

Snip

So, getting pushed out out of shadow refuge after using shadow step to cleanse conditions or break stuns, while you have 2 initiative left and heal on cooldown has no consequences? Or getting stunlocked by a mesmer with stunbreakers on cooldown while some warrior is using Hundred Blades followed by an eviscerate(if you are still alive) has no consequences? Or taking 2 hits from Necro’s lich form and getting downed has no consquences? Or getting critted by an irrelevant skill and get 7sec of burning from engineers IP while you are at 7k health with condicleanse on cooldown has no consquences?

Thief is full of consquences, and often you don’t even have to make a mistake to get kitten at.

In general (they all have ways to get less or more mobility):
Warriors, Engineers and Mesmers have nearly as good escapability as thieves, while they also survive better in combat and has just as good dmg combined with CC’s.

Then we have Guardians, Rangers and Elementalist, they are slightly more limited, but yet very mobile.

And Necromancers are really terrible when it comes to mobility, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time you will die for sure.

Except for condi troll thieves which are really strong in some situations and really weak in some, I feel the thief class is well balanced. And after all, it’s a god kittenin class! They should be able to kill whoever they want if they are good at their art and take someone off-guard, and only really strong and skilled fighters should be able to fight back.

All this was about sPvP and tPvP, if I bring up WvW, I still find them balanced, they are horrible in zergs, while they are strong in groups and solo, after I got hit by x2 7k meteor shower while trying to ress an ally I saw why.

These are all mistakes that happen to new thieves, you soon realize to never save Shadow refuge as your last invis. You escape with Withdraw followed by disabling shot, then Shadow refuge when you have enough distance. If you Still happen to get knocked out of the refuge use Blinding Powder run and use Infiltrators Arrow, then do it all over again.

To the other situations —-> And yes if you allow yourself to get caught when your not invis lol

The only True consequence a Thief has is not going Glass Cannon. There is little consequence for a Glass Escape Artist Thief (Most OP Build)

[/quote]They should be able to kill whoever they want if they are good at their art and take someone off-guard, and only really strong and skilled fighters should be able to fight back. [/quote]

That Sounds like a terribly Broken class to me lol. Thats the thing, everyone is OFF- Guard to Thief because hes invis. Theres nothing you can do, you dont know hes there and hes going to Crit Fire Explosion Thunder strike Backstab Kill you in 2 seconds.

Incendiary powder isnt avoidable, but you can avoid the bullets it comes on. If you happen to get burned, just escape, heal then come back and backstab him dead.

Way to OP, Im thinking of going back to my Thief.

theif still op

in Thief

frans.8092

You can’t stealth with Blinding Powder after being knocked out of SR because leaving SR will debuff you with revealed, you’re probably better of using BP at the start of your escape because, without seeing your retreat, it will take them more time to find your SR.

… Its just a hope and a Dream the thief didnt move after he turned invise. All you did was blow your cooldowns, and made yourself an easier target. New Thieves are the only ones who get caught, since they dont realize they have to move after invise.

Off course they move, even new thieves move while in stealth (unless they believe moving breaks stealth or something). But you should stop believing that you can not know where they are when you can not see them, you should start thinking about where they’d want to go while in stealth and act accordingly. Don’t just spam skills and blow cooldowns, you can even use your movement, skills and abilities to influence where they go and take the initiative. Stealth is as strong as you make it.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

Wait the games been our for how long now and scrubs still can’t counter SR/stealth…… wow. After playing a thief when I fight one now it’s easy for the most part I know where he runs stealthed. How to make him blow utility’s, and drain ini, no matter what class I’m playing. Why is this still hard for people

(edited by Splatter Paw.7238)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

These are all mistakes that happen to new thieves, you soon realize to never save Shadow refuge as your last invis. You escape with Withdraw followed by disabling shot, then Shadow refuge when you have enough distance. If you Still happen to get knocked out of the refuge use Blinding Powder run and use Infiltrators Arrow, then do it all over again.

Ofc, there are ways to set up a safe refuge, just as there are ways to counter a safe refuge. Blink+iWave, or simply toolbelt #5 for engineers, staff #5 for necros, warriors continue whatever they were doing before being engaged while playing with 1 hand and not giving a kitten.

And nearly no experienced player would bring Blinding Powder to tPvP, and reveal is 4 seconds and 2-4 seconds is all it takes for most damage dealers to mess up a thief while he’s vulnerable.

The only True consequence a Thief has is not going Glass Cannon. There is little consequence for a Glass Escape Artist Thief (Most OP Build)

Agreed to this, it’s difficult to maintain a high health pool on thieves and damage can be mitigated with blinds, dodges and mobility making toughness less useful as well, and besides that most players will have enough sustain to cover most of your damage if your burst drops by adding more vitality and toughness, while your healthpool will drop lower and lower through the fight.

So there is more to gain by getting high damage some minor vit and toughness to avoid getting 1 shotted and some burst condi cleanse.

That Sounds like a terribly Broken class to me lol. Thats the thing, everyone is OFF- Guard to Thief because hes invis. Theres nothing you can do, you dont know hes there and hes going to Crit Fire Explosion Thunder strike Backstab Kill you in 2 seconds.

It’s supposed to have the assassin role, like in all games, the assassin is always a difficult fight. They are specialized at killing everything, yet not best at killing anyone but those who are easy kills; bad or glassy players. This while they also have a high skill-cap.

Shield #5 on my engineer is actually quite handsome when I know a thief is going to backstab me. Restealth? Toolkit 4. This if I don’t feel like spamming some AoE.

Been almost a year since last time I entered a fight from stealth with a backstab, it felt inefficient. It creates way more spike dmg and it’s way more difficult for the opponent to regain control if you are able to land that mug, CnD or Heartseeker before landing a successful backstab. Also, not to forget meatshields that are available to most classes who struggle with taking a backstab.

Incendiary powder isnt avoidable, but you can avoid the bullets it comes on. If you happen to get burned, just escape, heal then come back and backstab him dead, which ofc requirse that you aren’t stealthed.

It isn’t avoidable, it triggers on critical hit, which means the engineer needs to crit for it to trigger, and to crit he needs to hit, it often happens it has triggered on me by the traited mines the engineer drops while low hp, after I’ve used HiS and going to escape, IP will then nullify the whole HiS. Unless you avoid all 100 attacks the engineer throws at you, it isn’t avoidable. Escape and come back? Say hi to toolbelt #5 and #3 and enjoy 1k confusion damage everytime you press a skill on top of the burning ticking ~800, he might also reward you with a a nice +6sec chill from grenade kit.
And you just used infiltrator’s arrow, you may use it again to get away from the engineer once you get the some initiative back, to then realize there isn’t much to do since you just used withdraw to heal up, and you drop shadow refuge, the engineer runs after you with permaswiftness and presses Shield #4, you dodge if you have any endurance left hoping that he double-tapped, but he didn’t and presses it again as your dodge ends, and there you are, a sitting duck with your head pressed against the ground. Happened to me many times, and I’ve done it even more. If it was WvW he might also have used bombkit and runes of perplexity, 20 stacks of confusion /,,/_ try dagger auto-attack trololol.

Taking risks is dangerous against engineers, but it is taking risks that will make you able to kill them and this will still stand no matter how many times you reset the fight.

^ why thieves can easily get their kitten handed 1v1, WvW, sPvP/tPvP

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

So I’ve been running every single profession ankitten ow exploring the limits to the thief profession… All I can say is that you are horribly wrong. Thief does not do the most damage, is not the most survivable in pvp we can’t even reliably keep a point because our intire class is built around the stealth mechanic that prevents point capture and hold.
Thieves CAN do alot of damage but that’s only when we go full zerker. If any other class went full zerker they’d do the same if not more damage.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

So I’ve been running every single profession ankitten ow exploring the limits to the thief profession… All I can say is that you are horribly wrong. Thief does not do the most damage, is not the most survivable in pvp we can’t even reliably keep a point because our intire class is built around the stealth mechanic that prevents point capture and hold.
Thieves CAN do alot of damage but that’s only when we go full zerker. If any other class went full zerker they’d do the same if not more damage.

Don’t tell me that Thief is a “kill and run away” class.
That’s so unfair.
That’s so cheese like.
There is no way that Gw2 Thief would be like this…it just…makes sense, no?

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

That’s so unfair.
That’s so cheese like.

Sadly that’s how I’ve seen most people use their thieves, I am now trying to explore different builds that don’t force you to hit and run. Have come up with one build so far, its got good-decent sustain damage, healing and condi removal. But I still feel like I’m missing something but need to unlock the new grandmaster traits to see about that.
What do you run for you to say that? Very interested in your reply.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Marioos.2835

Marioos.2835

The stealth at 3 seconds must be nerfed.

theif still op

in Thief

Karolis.4261

The stealth at 3 seconds must be nerfed.

Kinda makes no sense… I mean… I don’t even know what this sentence mean.

theif still op

in Thief

Karolis.4261

That’s so unfair.
That’s so cheese like.

Sadly that’s how I’ve seen most people use their thieves, I am now trying to explore different builds that don’t force you to hit and run. Have come up with one build so far, its got good-decent sustain damage, healing and condi removal. But I still feel like I’m missing something but need to unlock the new grandmaster traits to see about that.
What do you run for you to say that? Very interested in your reply.

Deep into evades or deep into stealth, both give you ability to stay in fight (kinda…) and not “hit and run”. But once you get locked down you will die, thats just the nature of the class – you cant get hit and live to tell about it.

(edited by Moderator)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Some of the steals are pretty overpowered and i only mean the duration in which the active steal lasts , not what the steal gives (ranger / warrior / mesmer), but thief as a whole is fine.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I don’t think the class itself is overpowered, anyone that has played it will tell you making a mistake can get you killed easy. But stealth needs to have a counter like everything else in this game or have a cool down before you can stealth again.

To many people want to use a un-counterable mechanic dance around and do their damage or run off when their life gets low and call it skill.

It would be like knock down, daze, or stun didn’t have a counter, there is just some classes and builds that can’t do anything against a well played thief.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I don’t think the class itself is overpowered, anyone that has played it will tell you making a mistake can get you killed easy. But stealth needs to have a counter like everything else in this game or have a cool down before you can stealth again.

To many people want to use a un-counterable mechanic dance around and do their damage or run off when their life gets low and call it skill.

It would be like knock down, daze, or stun didn’t have a counter, there is just some classes and builds that can’t do anything against a well played thief.

This is exactly the problem and why people cry OP. There are some build/classes (power necro for instance) where you cannot kill a thief and this makes people rage. Most of the builds in this game have counters, when the best counter to a thief is another thief then the class is inherently flawed (stealth).

Just look at the other post at the top of the forums currently, the response to what beats certain thief specs is other thieves which is silly since there are 7 other classes. Also its nowhere near as bad in sPvP as it is in WvW. WvW lolburst thieves with full stacks are ACTUALLY OP.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

stuff

There is no problem with stealth. The problem lies in the people who do not think beyond normal tactics when fighting an abnormal profession, and Thieves are an abnormal profession. The players don’t pay attention to their surroundings or their cooldowns and suddenly they find themselves on their kitten . Not only that, players who think this profession is broken in terms of stealth need to think about what thieves sacrifice for it. that goes for every goodie the profession has.

> You are fighting a profession that can spam skills but suffer from the many low-damage/high utility attacks with the occasional damaging attack. Usually those attacks are not as powerful as the autoattack itself.

> Hence there are no cooldowns on weapon skills, but in exchange you can only perform a limited number of attacks before all of them are locked. And a thief can’t simply switch to the other weaponset and keep attacking when initiative runs dry.

> Stealth is a powerful visual tool against those who rely on visual cues. However, that’s all it does when it’s untraited. Yes, you can spec for healing (which doesn’t compare to healing sig) and damage mitigation but all it takes is one point of direct damage to take all of that away. And to have the benefits of traited stealth, a thief has to stop dps to take advantage of it. Another thing, thieves still take damage in stealth so AoE (including cleave) is your friend here.

> Thieves have 4 stealth attacks. Two can be powerful, but they are both single target and poor positioning and timing will cut their effectiveness in half, if they can hit the right target at all.

> Thieves have a high evade/blind/stealth uptime. They also have the worst condition removal access, stunbreaker access and heal scaling. That’s why you see every thief and their mother saying AoE, CC a/o conditions. Thief survivability relies heavily on avoiding attacks so they can’t, in any way, facetank anything on this game.

> People complain about shadow arts because it turns stealth into an easy access boon for the thieves (or anyone they stealth). But take a build that does not use stealth and suddenly Shadow Arts is useless.

Another thing you fail to realize is the thieves who reply play other professions as well. I have a guard, mesmer and warrior alt that I have already geared. Granted, I am not an expert on them but I know how to use which skills at the right time against a thief simply because I know what thieves are capable of.

When thieves comment on a stealth op post, its usually in the context of all the professions and not just as a thief.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Most of the builds in this game have counters, when the best counter to a thief is another thief then the class is inherently flawed (stealth).

who told this? l2p guys whining in every thread?

Here are some d/p thieves counters for instance:
1) d/d elem
2) some mesmers builds (not sure about which exactly – never played mesmer)
3) other d/p thieves
4) burst guards (didn’t see much of them since the last patch, mb they were nerfed, donno)

if talk about d/d thief then ANY class can counter it if he knows how to evade cnd.

theif still op

in Thief

frans.8092

Utilities granting stealth have cooldowns, weapon skills granting stealth use initiative off which there is a very limited supply and there is a hard cooldown on stealth called revealed. You may want to get the facts on the mechanics for this profession before suggesting changes.

theif still op

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Why is this thread still alive?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]