All around warrior build dungeons,wvw,pve,pvp

in Warrior

Posted by: ZeN.5407

ZeN.5407

I need help creating a all around build for warrior for everything since I don’t like changing up builds. Really like to do lots of damage and surviving at the same time. If anyone has a build suitable for me please share it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

There isn’t one.

I wouldn’t worry about PvP since changing a build doesn’t cost you anything, but PvE and WvW builds are quite different.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

in Warrior

ZeN.5407

There isn’t one.

I wouldn’t worry about PvP since changing a build doesn’t cost you anything, but PvE and WvW builds are quite different.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

How bout runes I want to buy 1 set of them but don’t know which one for warrior
my options are scholar, strength, melandru, hoelbrak
I don’t really know which one is good all around

in Warrior

Posted by: Xari.1086

Xari.1086

hoelbrak offers the best compromise i feel.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Go with Hoelbrak runes on zerk armor. For swapping between PvE and WvW you’ll only need to change trinkets and weapons.

Examples of WvW zerg and roaming builds using the same armor.

Pug frontline hammer: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNBiYDbkpjKP7CxME6QDUFUoX8AoBUeENeyN4FA-TxyDwARuAAq2fgnyPAmBO8AAap+jHdDBOIAIUCC5IAI20HpAYSYE-e

Roaming/Backline destroyer
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAR3ejMdU2ZXImhwJagfgC1tbOAKgGQ9ck7lBA-TxSBwAFVmd5IAQb/hkKNioE8m6Po0Ngw83iHAgmLAAgDCApAYSYE-e

I don’t PVE but I suppose follow http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Dual-Axe/GS_Farmer but have Hoelbrak runes instead of Strength.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Never ever use dual axe for pve. 6/5/0/0/3 axe/ ( mace-sword-warhorn-shield) gs is the way to go.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

I have a all around build I’ll post it later

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya don’t use the dual axe/gs farmer build. That’s for solo when you need the extra fury from offhand axe, that’s bad in group content.

Zerker gear with rune of strenght would be your best choice. Zerker gear with hoelbrak would be second. But keep in mind that its for roaming build in wvw. Don’t do zerg with that unless you feel confident enough in your abilities.

1 armor for everything is rarely a good idea anyway.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

darkaheart.4265

Sorry for the delay i kind of forgot about this post…anyways here’s my build click here
and its doesnt do well for pvp but it sure doesnt well for roaming, zerg support, pve and dungeons offensive support, all you have to do is change traits

1. for roaming and zerg just leave it the same (around 3200 power)
2. for pve just subtract 1 trait from discipline and add it to defense (around 3400 power)
3. for dungeons offensive support just take take out discipline and add 4 points to arms to get grateful greatsword, change lung capacity to inspiring banners, vigorous shouts to phalanx, change shake it off and great justice to whatever banners you want. support power up to 1195 points (up to 3449 power)

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Sorry for the delay i kind of forgot about this post…anyways here’s my build click here
and its doesnt do well for pvp but it sure doesnt well for roaming, zerg support, pve and dungeons offensive support, all you have to do is change traits

2. for pve just subtract 1 trait from discipline and add it to defense (around 3400 power)
3. for dungeons offensive support just take take out discipline and add 4 points to arms to get grateful greatsword, change lung capacity to inspiring banners, vigorous shouts to phalanx, change shake it off and great justice to whatever banners you want. support power up to 1195 points (up to 3449 power)

I honestly felt myself get goosebumps from being so disgusted at the traits.

What on earth do you need dogged march and cleansing ire for in PvE?

And while we’re at it, why on earth would you ever take hammer in a dungeon??

I can’t really comment much more on this without hurting your feelings, but you really shouldn’t be steering people in such a gruesomely ineffective direction.

in Warrior

ZeN.5407

I honestly felt myself get goosebumps from being so disgusted at the traits.

What on earth do you need dogged march and cleansing ire for in PvE?

And while we’re at it, why on earth would you ever take hammer in a dungeon??

I can’t really comment much more on this without hurting your feelings, but you really shouldn’t be steering people in such a gruesomely ineffective direction.

what build would u suggest for me?

in Warrior

darkaheart.4265

Is a shout build there’s nothing more to it, the build has great survivability
and has decent damage with toughness. For the hammer to dungeon only use greatsword as you stack might for party -..- ….anyways I’m trying to help someone if they don’t like the build they don’t have to use it, but you can kindly share your build with us then , maybe they’ll like yours better

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Thanks, oxtred

ZeN, this is what I use on my warrior for general PvE:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAR3cjMdU5ZfH2ewJaAgAx8hALuGKju2A-ThSBAB0s/Alq/YmSwrU+hnuBU0wswBUQjDCAAXog8eCAkCYUdVA-e

There are a plethora of reasons why it’s so good, but I’ll try to keep it short so that you don’t need to read as much.

It has incredibly higher crit chance and power compared to any other option for a warrior (except for one which I’ll mention below), making it so that you not only have nice burst but high sustained DPS.

The only way you could have better sustained DPS on a warrior would be to go 66002 with your traits which would mean you’d just about never miss a crit. The reason for 65003 over 66002 in the build is because of the fast hands minor trait that you get by going 3 points in discipline which reduces the cooldown for weapon swap.

The reason fast hands is important is because sometimes camping one weaponset just doesn’t work in all situations. If you need to kite at all and can’t maintain your rotation on GS, swap to axe+mace/axe+sword/axe+warhorn or whatever. If you need an extra block while in combat, swap so you can riposte, etc.

Anyways, this is a very comfortable build and performs much better than anything else you’ll find in almost all PvE situations with certain exceptions. However it’s another story for PvP and WvW. You can still keep the berserker with strength runes for all gamemodes, but you’ll probably need to change around traits and maybe your weapons for those. PvP/WvW is saturated with condition/bunker builds and high-DPS oriented builds are underperforming in any circumstance where you are fighting more than one player at a time. However, if you are skilled you can very quickly burst people down with 65003. :P

EDIT: By the way be sure to check out the guide that oxtred listed above. It has lots of helpful information for warriors in PvE. Also if you’re really keen, this is the best warrior guide you’ll ever read: http://dulfy.net/2014/06/28/gw2-comprehensive-warrior-pve-guide-by-element/

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

darkaheart.4265

@Purple Miku
“I can’t really comment much more on this without hurting your feelings, but you really shouldn’t be steering people in such a gruesomely ineffective direction.”

check out the build in action, i finally finish this video i was working on so i didnt have any proof until now click here

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Axe/Axe is generally frowned upon specially in WvW this build works for me.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJMQNAnXTjMd03ZhHudwJagggC7sHDmLgAIB0tGA-T1BEwAJOFAsU/RryvO6Dyt/AgnAwWlgBAQAY72co3co3MA-w

Power = check
Crit chance = check
Crit damage = check
Armor = check
CC = check
Condition cleanse = check
Stability = check
Mobility = lacking but no one is perfect (^_^)

Signet of Fury for insta-firefield for your LB#3 and Stomp (might) and A#5 (adren gain and fire damage)
Signet of Stamina for extra dodges and complete condition cleansing
Rune of the Pack for Might, Fury, Swiftness

in Warrior

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

First i would like you to know that in this game there are many aspects of the game that require different builds ,gears and tactics from players. And unless players adapt to it they will be frustrated and dissapointed..and thats not fun…

Let me explain it a bit further by saying that Dungeons sometimes prefer some classes over the others,they also require you to go full zerker and to know the dungeon and to know how to dodge.

Spvp has its own meta going on, while you can simply pick up a meta build from a web page, it is up to you to know how and when to use your abilities in a match.

WvW has a place for everyone, but you still need to adapt if you wanna catch up with the zerg, get your place on sieges, or be able to roam around dissrupting caravans ,caping small camps and killing other roamers…and escaping enemy zerks.

As for general PvE,exploring and leveling anything works here. Any gear,any weapon,anything that you like and enjoying to play (tho some people like to go full zerker so they can kill stuff faster and thus level faster.)

Now when all that is said and understood this is my “overall” build for pve and dungeons:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJEQNBhODbkpjKP77wuD6QDwEUHf5AQ5TcFpzhgI4B-TRSDgAMPAgelfJKBfV/p6iAAqbY4IAAY+je/BA-e

This is what i use for most pve and dungeons (but not in wvw cause that is a complete different aspect of the game)

I slightly modified the build in the link to be better suited for solo pve with the ability to “support” everyone around you in events with Phalanx strength trait.

I use strength runes but as mentioned before hoelbrak runes is a cheeper alternative.

I use sword/warhorn when i wanna run around faster as it provides me with a additional leap.(i have gs wirlwind,dash,warhorn charge and sword leap) but i use a axe when i know im staying in a area longer as the axe simply gives more dmg.

When in dungeons i switch 2 traits:
-in Arms i switch Furious speed rending strikes to apply additional voulnerability to my targets as i crit a lot.
-in Tactics i switch from Quick breathing to Empower allies (unless the dungeon,or dungeon parts require me to have a condi clense)

I know i could go 4 into Strength and get myself Slashing power for a extra 10% gs dmg, and great fortitude for a little bit more health…but as i said, this is made mostly for roaming around the pve world and exploring. so having a 25% permanent speed boost is great.

Sweet revenge is used for those bad moments when you simply get stuck in a event and there is nobody around to help you. so you rally your self with vengeance and kill 1 mob to get back out there.

Note that the last 3 grandmaster tactic traits are quite powerful and that you can only have 1 at a time. Switching to vigorous shouts and equiping FGJ, SIF and OMM will give you quite a healing punch ever 20-25 second (also to your allies and npcs around you)

Inspiring battle starndards turns all of your banners into engineers healing turret, in fact, it turns them into a movable healing turret. While only 1 banner would be sufficient to stack permanent regen having 3 up covers more people and a larger area.

While healing and regen isnt that important i still love to switch around it and play with those

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

@Purple Miku
“I can’t really comment much more on this without hurting your feelings, but you really shouldn’t be steering people in such a gruesomely ineffective direction.”

check out the build in action, i finally finish this video i was working on so i didnt have any proof until now click here

Firstly, this is horrible gameplay because you didn’t evade correctly at least once.
( Seeing this fight against a shatter mesmer,where you ate every single shatter makes me nearly quit warrior)
Secondly, the only thing the video has proofed is how bad WvW heroes are. They lost against you, allthough you are doding randomly all the time.

Thirdly, Miku talked about PvE, so actually a video about WvW is… well……

… what?

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

@Purple Miku

What am I supposed to be impressed from? You can win against people using literally anything. Sometimes when I’m bored I go to WvW with 65003 berserker with strength runes and kill people in 3-5 seconds, but does that make it the best to use in WvW all-around? No, not really lol.

You didn’t really prove anything here.

Furthermore, we’re not talking about whether or not something can work. Anything can, because that’s how this game is designed to be. We’re talking about what’s the overall best, and since we’re trying to use videos to make a point I’d like to see you take that build and try doing better than me here.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

darkaheart.4265

so i guess two people are teaming up on me now…its simple the dude ask for all around build. this build is not the best and i never said i was the best to start of with but it does have survivability and support. im pretty sure he’ll be interested in it because “maybe” he’s not that experience with builds or the game.

….purple miku basically just said “go all berserker” and of course all he mention was pve and nothing with wvw. so yeah i dont think a all berserker full power is the “best” if someone goes in a dungeon and is the first one to die all the time “unless” theyre already experience. i doubt this is the case here and sure you can take the build to wvw but dont except to survive much longer against good players because it doesnt have any defensive in wvw, of course.

and for my dodges well no one is perfect but i do try my best and i do realize i need to work on them better. but i tell you this, i didnt show a video of killing some unskilled players but rather share a video of what the build can do vs people who know what theyre doing. btw you guys forgot all about the title of the post. im trying to be helpful and be balance not just one sided.
now if youre a all pve or dodger expert then good for you!! im just walking away from this one, im trying to reason not argue with kids. if you guys are mature you guys should do the same.

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

All round builds? With the easy change of traits nowadays you still want that? It hurts that much to carry and full armor on the inventory to go WvW whenever you want? I carry Zerker gear with Pack runes for roaming and Zerker with Strength for PvE but if I want I can still leave the Pack set at the bank and go roaming with a 0/4/6/0/4 instead of the 4/0/6/0/4 that I prefer.

This is plain out lazyness and you should get kicked from any dgn you guys join. Sorry but this is true. EVEN if you don’t want to carry both sets just use Zerker with Hoelbrak, sure is not the best for PvE compared to Strength or Scholar but it is still strong and the traits, boy not going even to mention, either in PvP Pve you don’t pay to retrait anymore, don’t be lazy to this lvl for god sake.

I really can’t believe the request I just readed LOL

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

ZeN.5407

All round builds? With the easy change of traits nowadays you still want that? It hurts that much to carry and full armor on the inventory to go WvW whenever you want? I carry Zerker gear with Pack runes for roaming and Zerker with Strength for PvE but if I want I can still leave the Pack set at the bank and go roaming with a 0/4/6/0/4 instead of the 4/0/6/0/4 that I prefer.

This is plain out lazyness and you should get kicked from any dgn you guys join. Sorry but this is true. EVEN if you don’t want to carry both sets just use Zerker with Hoelbrak, sure is not the best for PvE compared to Strength or Scholar but it is still strong and the traits, boy not going even to mention, either in PvP Pve you don’t pay to retrait anymore, don’t be lazy to this lvl for god sake.

I’m new gold is still an issue. You’re assuming I’m lazy but if you want to buy me another set of armor be my guess. I’m no hardcore gw2 players which makes gold a problem for me. Traits is easy never said it wasn’t. Mostly looking for armor runes and armors. Besides the other replies answered my question nicely with sufficient information but your opinion is accepted even though you’re just making assumptions.

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

I’m new gold is still an issue. You’re assuming I’m lazy but if you want to buy me another set of armor be my guess. I’m no hardcore gw2 players which makes gold a problem for me. Traits is easy never said it wasn’t. Mostly looking for armor runes and armors. Besides the other replies answered my question nicely with sufficient information but your opinion is accepted even though you’re just making assumptions.

In that case this is what you should do IMO
First focus on PvE for a while, Dgns are one of the bet sources of gold. Check this video, is from Nike. He is one of the Warrior in DnT one of the best PvE guilds.

In that video you have info of cheap runes that can do still somenice DPS compared to the meta ones, less obviously but still good.

After that focus as I said in PvE for a while, farm dgns, then when you have enough gold for either Hoelbrak or Strength buy the set and you are good to go. It’s personal preference. Personally I bought Strength because in WvW I use Pack Runes as the build I use doesn’t go into the precision tree but thats another topic.

in Warrior

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

It is not a good idea to run 1 build for everything.

If you really want to run the same build for everthing make a shout warrior with trooper runes.

In spvp you grab a bow sword/warhorn.
In wvw drop the bow for a hammer.
In pve, well anything work in pve will just take longer for you to kill the enemy.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Do CoF p1 daily and in a bit more than 3 weeks you will have enough tokens to buy a full set of exotic Berserker armor. It’s really very easy to get and not only do you not need to spend gold to get it, you actually make gold while working towards obtaining it.

in Warrior

ShakeyStorm.7180

Rune of the Pack gives power, precision, might, fury,and swiftness. Pretty much an all around Rune set.

Berzerker armor and weapon set gives you decent damage.
Knight accessory set gives you decent survivability.

Build is 60503.

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

Rune of the Pack gives power, precision, might, fury,and swiftness. Pretty much an all around Rune set.

Berzerker armor and weapon set gives you decent damage.
Knight accessory set gives you decent survivability.

Build is 60503.

For PvE!? Terrible -.-’

in Warrior

ShakeyStorm.7180

Actually it does what it needs to be done. Give it a try.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Why would you go 0 in arms for PvE with knights accessories?

I think 19k hp with dodges, several blocks on relatively short cooldowns, an evasion + displacement skill and the best mobility in the game, is more than enough for survivability against mobs with generic and predictable AI.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Actually it does what it needs to be done. Give it a try.

Ya like every possible build. I won’t comment in pvp, but for pve that not really good. It work ya, but not good.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

xDudisx.5914

If he wants to use only 1 build for everything focus in something that works for wvw/spvp. For pve everything works just takes longer to kill.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

If he wants to use only 1 build for everything focus in something that works for wvw/spvp. For pve everything works just takes longer to kill.

The exact same thing can be said for PvP/WvW too. Literally anything can work in any game mode. This game is designed that way.

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

As I find myself logging in less and less, I tend to just use the same build for everything also now and this is what I’m running with

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAR8ejMd0FajHWhwJaAmgCZnPBHT7AQ9TMFDPA-TVSGABA8AAg+CAIlSwhU+lwRAgMdDEq+DBHEAU2fIAACwNvZ2sNDG6QH6QH6Qbn7co7co7sUAMpMC-w

I mostly use it for wvw though

in Warrior

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would want to use one build for everything. Changing traits takes less than 10 seconds and costs nothing. Why would someone not want to spend this little time? Running around with a non-ideal build will make you less effective and cost you a lot more time while playing. Not to mention the possible frustration if you lose a duel or die in an encounter just because you didn’t have the ideal build.

PvP has it’s own build anyway, so you don’t even have to spend time to respec for that.

I can understand some new players may not yet be able to afford different equipment sets, but whatever you do in this game usually gives you money so it’s just a matter of time. And once you have enough resources to buy a second set, again why would someone rather keep his money then become more effective?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would want to use one build for everything. Changing traits takes less than 10 seconds and costs nothing. Why would someone not want to spend this little time? Running around with a non-ideal build will make you less effective and cost you a lot more time while playing. Not to mention the possible frustration if you lose a duel or die in an encounter just because you didn’t have the ideal build.

PvP has it’s own build anyway, so you don’t even have to spend time to respec for that.

I can understand some new players may not yet be able to afford different equipment sets, but whatever you do in this game usually gives you money so it’s just a matter of time. And once you have enough resources to buy a second set, again why would someone rather keep his money then become more effective?

One word. Casuals.

in Warrior

xDudisx.5914

The exact same thing can be said for PvP/WvW too. Literally anything can work in any game mode. This game is designed that way.

Not really. If you make a bad build in spvp, the chances are you are going to lose to the meta builds. If you go with a bad build in pve you still kill the boss and get the loot.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Not really. If you make a bad build in spvp, the chances are you are going to lose to the meta builds. If you go with a bad build in pve you still kill the boss and get the loot.

Only if “getting things done” is your only goal in PvE. But many people do dungeons for gold and then a bad pve-build looses the same way a bad pvp-build does, since you wont reach your goal (getting much shinies in little time). And some people do dungeon sc’s for fun.
You see, from a PvP point of view you are right. In PvP your goal is to win, since that is usually already hard enough. But in PvE “just finnishing that dungeon somehow” is not the goal, at least in most cases.

in Warrior

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

i may be a noob, but i use a/shield + gs for pve, w/vw and pvp. Enough movement in wvw (3 charges, whirl), way then enough damage, and the block is nice if all aspects when i’m outta dodges and want to block a big hit. Zerk gear + str runes.. build is the meta pvp warrior a/s gs build with a couple of personal tweeks. I do have a 2nd armor set i swap in/out of when commanding though.

I also have a second warrior though, which i use for all sorts of crazy builds/setups when i get bored..

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I personally use all weapons. I swap them when I’m ooc and take advantage of blocks, movement skills, and whatever I please. Depending on the encounter I’m about to indulge in, I will swap weapons accordingly.

As a few above have pointed out, no idea why someone wouldn’t want to ever change traits. It’s free.

I extend that statement to apply to gear as well. Even if it’s just one of each weapon, I really have no idea why someone wouldn’t have everything to swap to when the time comes. In the case of warrior, which is supposed to be a weapon specialist, it’s just lazy to stick to the same offhands constantly.

Do yourselves and teammates a favor and be more flexible. Sometimes sword offhand for when you need the block, sometimes mace offhand for the additonal vuln, sometimes warhorn for blasts and swiftness.

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

As a few above have pointed out, no idea why someone wouldn’t want to ever change traits. It’s free.

I can answer that for you. For some players their build is as important to their roleplay experience as their character’s look and characters name. This is why there are posts saying, “please give me the best Sword/Shield Guardian build.” People have a desired roleplay experience and they are looking to fulfill it.

So for “Gunnar Steelarm, Norn Warrior” who always plays with his trust Hammer, his trait spread that enables him “to be tanky and still dish out tons of DPS” is just as vital to his self-identification as the toon’s name and armor skins.

All this is, ofcourse, scrub mentality (as defined by Sirlin, not used as a negative insult) where a player puts rules and restrictions on himself that don’t exist within the game. The desire to fulfill the self-imposed rules his has outweighs any desire to become a better player. And that’s perfectly fine, no one will knock that guy for playing the game the way that pleases him most. The only conflicts will arise when that guy is confused and believes that even despite his self-imposed rules he is being competitive and that his pet build is optimal. So long as he can keep the fantasy apart from the reality (quite easy in an RPG actually) he will be fine.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

I don’t think Gunnar Steelarm would come to the forum and ask for a build. Sounds like that would break the roleplay experience.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I kek’d pretty hard at “Gunnar Steelarm” xD

That was a much more detailed, humorous, and satisfying response to that comment of mine than I anticipated I’d get. +1 to that hahaha.