It’s simple, we kill the Batman.

EE Sama PvF eSports

And you thought thieves had mobility?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

here you go

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/warrior/

“Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

^ what Juba said.

/thread

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

This will depend on the context as well.

If it’s WvW, then you may just have to let them run. It can be frustrating not to kill them, but they’re likely not contributing anything to their server and are simply a waste of space. If they decided to stay and fight instead of run away all the time, they would just die. That’s why they run away.

If it’s in sPvP, then it’s good that they run away. If they run away, they won’t be pressuring any nodes, which helps your team to succeed.

Things will always be unbalanced in WvW due to the nature of the gameplay, but that’s probably why most balance decisions don’t seem to be WvW-centric.

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

As others have said. IF he is using GS / S + WH then the Warrior most likely won’t be doing much of anything except running away. It’s good for getting around a map quickly, but not much else.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

If it’s WvW, then you may just have to let them run. It can be frustrating not to kill them, but they’re likely not contributing anything to their server and are simply a waste of space. If they decided to stay and fight instead of run away all the time, they would just die. That’s why they run away.

If it’s in sPvP, then it’s good that they run away. If they run away, they won’t be pressuring any nodes, which helps your team to succeed.

Things will always be unbalanced in WvW due to the nature of the gameplay, but that’s probably why most balance decisions don’t seem to be WvW-centric.

I see where you’re coming from but I’m going to respectfully disagree. I’m always changing builds in sPvP, and I have run a tough GS/sword+warhorn build. On many occasions I’d troll a couple of people, and run away just about fast enough that I’d avoid their main damage, but slow enough so they’d bother to still chase me in the hope they’d get their glory kill. Even though in terms of points I was gaining was 0, if I had more than 1 person chasing me, I counted that as me helping my team (2 people taken out of action to hunt down just me therefore more of my team to maintain pressure on nodes). You’d think people wouldn’t be stupid enough to follow, but they did, MOST of the time :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

The Warrior is running away because he can’t really do anything else. Notice how the thread isn’t “how do you beat a GS/Sw+Sh warrior” or “how do I counter a GS/Sw+Sh warrior”. It’s “how do I catch one”, insinuating that you never, ever lose to one.

These two weapon sets are mobility tools with some other things tacked on. You can stack them together for ultra mobility, but lose most everything else you could want (stuns, blocks, range, AoE, etc.).

So you don’t chase him, because he’s a non-issue. He could come back, but who cares? He will just run away again.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Cripple/daze/chill will reduce the distance. However, if you still wish it to be nerfed, then your wish will never come true. Why you ask? Because you can’t escape people in sPvP. Class balancing are based on sPvP, not WvW.

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

My s/p mobility build for my thief is the only thing I’ve used/seen that can catch a GS+s/wh warrior. People think that said warrior has the best mobility, but that specific build for my thief can travel a 9k distance in 6 seconds — 5 seconds faster than said warrior. The culprit? Teleports. Coupled with the stun locking capabilities of the s/p thief, it’s pretty hard for a GS+s/wh warrior to escape, near impossible. I might have to post a video for proof. :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Drek Thalon.5490

Drek Thalon.5490

How do you chase a GS / S+Horn warrior again? Please enlighten me, I am utterly clueless on how anyone has mobility matching this ridiculous setup that creates something like 3k distance in less than 3 seconds without even using a single utility slot.

try to cripple chill or imbolie if that doesn’t work don’t waste your time a warrior who is built to run is much less of a threat then the one made to kill you.

This guy said it. If hes built for mobility then hes not built to kill. That simple. That’s the way builds work around here. You are always sacrificing something.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

How do you chase a GS / S+Horn warrior again? Please enlighten me, I am utterly clueless on how anyone has mobility matching this ridiculous setup that creates something like 3k distance in less than 3 seconds without even using a single utility slot.

try to cripple chill or imbolie if that doesn’t work don’t waste your time a warrior who is built to run is much less of a threat then the one made to kill you.

This guy said it. If hes built for mobility then hes not built to kill. That simple. That’s the way builds work around here. You are always sacrificing something.

Wrong. I’m built to be mobile and I have no problem whatsoever killing people. You people just don’t know how to make builds so that you DON’T have to sacrifice anything and can get the best of both worlds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Wrong. I’m built to be mobile and I have no problem whatsoever killing people. You people just don’t know how to make builds so that you DON’T have to sacrifice anything and can get the best of both worlds.

I love when people represent both the judge and jury on everyone’s ability to create builds. GS/Sw+Sh’s killing power as a weapon combination is lackluster at best. You probably won’t be locked down, but you probably won’t really be locking down either unless you land something like a Flurry/100B combo.

Otherwise, yeah, you can build mobility into a Warrior set and retain killing power. See: GS/Anything + Mobile Strikes. That isn’t what we’re talking about, though, so I hope you aren’t talking about it either. Especially not in a boastful manner.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

You don’t chase them. It’s that simple. The warrior has to have some mechanic to stay alive, we don’t have stealth, pets, minions, clones, turrets or spirit weapons. In fact we have nothing but our battle hardened bodies to take us through the fight, to survive. Thieves have stealth, thieves guild, shortbow teleportation and shadowstep on multiple weapons. The class is completely broken and should be banned from the game, given the amount of thieves there are due to the fact that people cannot pvp so they a go a class that can remain hidden for over 50% of the fight.

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. You guys have your adrenaline as your special mechanic, do you even play this class?

Lol are YOU stupid. What about adrenaline? Sure, if traited, spending adrenaline removes a couple of conditions. Sure, the mace burst skill gives a 3 second stun. What else? Most of us warriors need to have full adrenaline unspent for healing surge, gs damage and more. Learn to play, sometimes thieves arent always meant to be the best in everything.

Edit: I hope your only issue is catching these warriors, geared and traited for mobility. If you’re whining that you also lost to one… thats just an epic fail.

Holycowow

(edited by AtoBoss.2906)

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I see where you’re coming from but I’m going to respectfully disagree. I’m always changing builds in sPvP, and I have run a tough GS/sword+warhorn build. On many occasions I’d troll a couple of people, and run away just about fast enough that I’d avoid their main damage, but slow enough so they’d bother to still chase me in the hope they’d get their glory kill. Even though in terms of points I was gaining was 0, if I had more than 1 person chasing me, I counted that as me helping my team (2 people taken out of action to hunt down just me therefore more of my team to maintain pressure on nodes). You’d think people wouldn’t be stupid enough to follow, but they did, MOST of the time :P

I’m glad you can justify yourself based on limited play with others as bad as yourself. Congratulations for proving a point.

in Warrior

Posted by: Killing Is Heroism.8429

Killing Is Heroism.8429

Some of the Warrior’s mobility moves need to be given the Ride The Lightning treatment I think (double cooldown if not used as an attack)

Please no >.> No profession deserves that treatment. I’m not even a big warrior player. That extreme of RtL nerf is part of what screwed Elementalist.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Juba.8406

My s/p mobility build for my thief is the only thing I’ve used/seen that can catch a GS+s/wh warrior. People think that said warrior has the best mobility, but that specific build for my thief can travel a 9k distance in 6 seconds — 5 seconds faster than said warrior. The culprit? Teleports. Coupled with the stun locking capabilities of the s/p thief, it’s pretty hard for a GS+s/wh warrior to escape, near impossible. I might have to post a video for proof. :P

i have an eye on you waiting for the video , if it turns true then i guess ANet should buff Warrior speed even further , as a defensive measure warrior should get the best mobility as we got no tricks like other professions to stay alive.

in Warrior

Juba.8406

and BTW GS-Sw/Wh if played right can be pretty dangerous.

think of it as an Eviscerate/Skull crack on wheels .

in Warrior

Posted by: Chill Winston.7263

Chill Winston.7263

Why do you even care that you can’t catch the warrior who is running away from you? You actually are the winner of the fights where your adversary runs away….

Slater Alligator
Norn Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Why do you even care that you can’t catch the warrior who is running away from you? You actually are the winner of the fights where your adversary runs away….

Not if the warrior then comes back to kill you after he’s healed. Noone has really lost or won until they either killed someone or died.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

They’re just mad that they can’t get a free kill when their little group of five or more people expects to jump one person so that they can feel big. I had a group like that chase me literally all over the BL map one day. I’d periodically stop to /laugh and even partied them to tell them to try harder.

And yeah, until someone has killed me, they have not won, the battle is simply prolonged.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

This thread still hasn’t died ….

“Oh Noes, a pure melee build has the tools it needs to get there, and if I refuse to bring counters, leave there. OMG Nerf Nao!”

^You see that right there … we call that Sarcasm. Just covering all the bases since the thread doesn’t make me feel any form of inspiration for human intelligence.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: Konzeptionz.9146

Konzeptionz.9146

You use another warrior. Everyone knows the heavier the armor, the faster you run.

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

your not going to get the best of both worlds it’s not possible. hell i’ll prove it to you to maximize the warrior swiftness vigor and other speed or mobile enhanceing traits takes 90 traits if you include the traits that reduce or remove cc such as imbole chill and cripple.

i’ll prove it

0 str
20 arms furious reaction 10 second swiftness on crit. furious reaction gain vigor and furry when you take over 10% of your health in one hit
30 defense dogged march reduces chill cripple and imbolie by 33% gain regen for 3 seconds when hit by said condtions last stand for auto blance stance for auto swiftness and sure footed to boost blanace stance
20 tactics quick breathing reduce recharge of warhorn skills by 20% change a condtion into a boom on use
20 disc warrior sprint move 25% faster while holding a melee weapon mobile strikes remove imbolile on movement skill use.

point being at some point you have to pick and choose unless your that op warrior that’s running around with 150 traits everyone is talking about.

(notice how all the traits I mentioned avoid the str line which is where gs damage is going to be hurt badly)

so to put it another way
30 2510 20 30 is a impossible set up and even that is only kinda the build that would allow you to excel at mobility while not giving up dps while retaining the ability to counter crowd control mind you this is just traits i’m talking about.

(you need more arms trait slots actually or you’ll have to pick between traits that grant vigor and swiftness or traits that grant more dps)

(edited by wildfang.9670)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

It takes a sw/wh + gs ranger to catch its warrior mirror; which I love doing. I also love trolling thieves and warriors as they try to catch me across the map. I use my ranger for extreme mobility, and I use my necro for I-ain’t-moving-from-this-spot-so-you-either-flee-or-you-die-trying.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Warrior

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Don’t nerf warrior mobilty, just undo to changes to d/d ele. I mean how do you nerf the crap our of one class with low hp/armor but then allow a high hp/armor class to have pretty much what you took away from the first one.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Warrior

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Engys can use 2 leaps, infinite swiftness

We have more than two..

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Thieves get mobility, survivability and outrageous burst in 1 build, Warriors don’t.

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Thieves get mobility, survivability and outrageous burst in 1 build, Warriors don’t.

It’s the meta mace+shield/greatsword build. It has all 3.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Cripple/daze/chill will reduce the distance. However, if you still wish it to be nerfed, then your wish will never come true. Why you ask? Because you can’t escape people in sPvP. Class balancing are based on sPvP, not WvW.

This is where the problem lies though. If said warrior was running away in sPvP, there’d be no need to chase him because removing him from a node is a victory in and of itself. So it’s actually good for people to do that in that format. One of the main reasons it’s a problem in WvW is because of the soups, which just don’t show up in sPvP. 93-98% immunity to all movement impairing conditions means they are no longer a counter to the mobility.

I wonder what would happen if they gave rush the treatment they gave ride the lightning…

in Warrior

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

For speed between Warrior and Thief I dont know if this still holds true but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-vyzyMjCq0&feature=share&list=PLL0zgxysk21874DZI6W9wlw-3zX0uwa0M

Side note: The guy doing the video above is Team Battle Axe / aka: El Taquito Bandito could be one of the best Thieves in the game and uses no stealth.
He dose believe in balance and takes on up-lvled Warriors with one arm tied behind his back + no stealth! (second clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umKuvv_d-4o&feature=share&list=UUx53c0K0p-CKQosJsjtwWIw

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

in Warrior

Chaosbroker.3860

I wonder what would happen if they gave rush the treatment they gave ride the lightning…

The effect would just be doubling the cooldown and you might as well not bother with the half cooldown if it lands.

RtL will deal it’s damage as soon as it reaches the target, Rush on the other hand has to go through a highly telegraphed swing animation before dealing it’s damage. Add this functionality and you may as well change how the entire ability works since you’ve just made it useless without a total rewrite.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

The effect would just be doubling the cooldown and you might as well not bother with the half cooldown if it lands.

RtL will deal it’s damage as soon as it reaches the target, Rush on the other hand has to go through a highly telegraphed swing animation before dealing it’s damage. Add this functionality and you may as well change how the entire ability works since you’ve just made it useless without a total rewrite.

Because the giant ball of lightning coming at your isn’t telegraphed enough right?

in Warrior

Chaosbroker.3860

And seeing the warrior running at you isn’t? The difference being that if you dodge RtL early it can still connect, the instant that warrior stops running and initiates the swing, there’s no more movement.

The difference is in the time lapse between the gap being closed and the damage occuring.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

The worst thread I have ever seen.