Armor Penetration: Possible Traits/Utilities?

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

So I just remembered today, In GW1 we had a lot of skills that dealt with armor penetration. You have since removed this kind of stat in GW2. It seems like developers wish to give us a higher damage output and don’t really give a hoot about our sustained survival.

I’ve mentioned in an earlier post that you guys also took away our many stances that actually NEGATED damage. If you don’t believe me, then just look up GW1 Block and see how many warrior abilities were actually good defensive abilities.

Possible Dev comments on this? Maybe even some headway on what you’re actually doing to make this class better? Please? With cherries?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Making toughness even weaker then it already is?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I’m just trying to evoke responses. We had a lot of great mechanics in gw1 that simply disappeared in gw2 and I have no reason as to why. Still waiting on a response on why our combat stances actually suck kitten at… well combat -.-

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I don’t feel like toughness is that bad. I roll around with around 3.2-3.4k depending on how I switch my build and I take a lot of punishment. Like a lot…..

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

GW2 is so different than GW1 that I’m finding it difficult to draw any parallels whatsoever. Warriors might have had a bunch of good defensive abilities in GW1, but times, they have a changed. It’s just a different design philosophy for a different type of MMO.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

GW2 is so different than GW1 that I’m finding it difficult to draw any parallels whatsoever. Warriors might have had a bunch of good defensive abilities in GW1, but times, they have a changed. It’s just a different design philosophy for a different type of MMO.

Yet they still draw heavily from the original. I feel like there were a lot of ideas going with warrior and they just dropped them due to time frame. I still feel like it’s a not yet finished class.