Axe change more Harm than Good

in Warrior

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

So, the previous patch to the 12/14 patch changed axe to where you could now interrupt Triple Chop and break you attack chain. At first I was put off by this, but as time went on, I grew to like the increased responsiveness and overall control I had over my autoattacks. If I wanted to interrupt, I button mashed, if I didn’t, I let autoattack handle it.

Now once again that has changed, and with it brings less control and less responsiveness. Now Double Chop and Triple Chop cannot be interrupted to cast Cyclone Axe or Throw Axe (Whereas before the last patch, triple chop couldn’t be interrupted by mashing 1, but could still be interrupted by Cyclone Axe and Throw Axe) They can still be interrupted by Offhand, dodge rolls, and everything else, but within its own skill set, it is broken.

I could accept the change that I can’t interrupt Double Chop and Triple Chop with my own autoattack chain, but not being able to interrupt it with Cyclone Axe and Throw Axe lessens my control over attacks and makes the weapon skills feel clunky and slow.

TL;DR

Can’t interrupt Double Chop and Triple Chop with Cyclone Axe and Throw Axe. plz fix

in Warrior

Posted by: Onikage Dagoth.7859

Onikage Dagoth.7859

Though I haven’t actually played my warrior since this patch this sounds like ti could be an issue, I hope they fix it soon, I’ll get on to test it out myself later.

in Warrior

Posted by: theamato.8756

theamato.8756

Uhhh, Triple Chop can still be cancelled by any other skill that you have…except Chop.

and that is the problem with the change: it’s actually a nerf for Axes, as canceling Triple Chop to get back into Chop>Double Chop is more damage.

Triple Chop is 858 damage / 1.5 seconds = 574 DPS, Chop is 252 DPS over .25 seconds = 1008 DPS.

in Warrior

Negativity.5801

I know cancelling triple chop was a dps increase and that this aspect of the change is technically a nerf, but at the same time it makes sense. Think about it.

We autoattack, then clip our autoattack with our autoattack to make our autoattack do more damage.

It’s just really stupid that this method was actually a dps increase instead of triple chop actually being a good ability.

Anyway, that aside.

Can’t use cyclone axe or throw axe to interrupt double chop or triple chop. Yes you can use other abilities as I stated in my op, (Offhand, dodge, etc. etc.) but you can’t use your axe 2 and 3 abilities to interrupt it.

It’s broken.

(edited by Negativity.5801)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucav.9547

Lucav.9547

This needs to be fixed, the third part of the autoattack chain shouldnt ever be less damage then the first, and it should be interruptible.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

This needs to be fixed, the third part of the autoattack chain shouldnt ever be less damage then the first, and it should be interruptible.

It should do more damage, but it shouldn’t be interruptable by it’s own attack chain. It is interruptable by any other skill so I’m not sure why that would be a problem

in Warrior

theamato.8756

Triple Chop can still be canceled by other skills though, including Throw Axe and Cyclone Axe…I was doing it last night while playing.

anyways, the point is that Triple Chop sucks compared to Chop and Double Chop. Is there any other chain attack in the game where you lose DPS by letting it complete?

in Warrior

Negativity.5801

Ok so. Apparently both sides are right.

I’m right in that you can’t interrupt double and triple chop with cyclone and throw axe if you don’t use autoattack on your 1 ability

If you have your autoattack turned on, ir works fine.

That’s great, considering I had it turned off to try to actively avoid the dodge roll bug, now I get a bug if autoattack is on or off.

awesome

in Warrior

theamato.8756

is great until you realize just how bad TC is compared to the other attacks in the chain.

it should really be addressed – why do you lose DPS (a fair amount at that) by letting your AA complete? it makes no sense!