[BALANCE] OP and UP Traits

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

A friend of mine that cannot longer post on the forums asked me to post his toughts about balance here .

This changes are not mine .

“We know people think there are many overpowered traits in the warrior tree, however what people don’t understand is it also has some of the worst and hilarious traits in the game as well. These are some ideas to balance both of them. By bringing down the power of the stronger traits and spreading them around it will make a lot more builds available to the warrior so we are not just locked to a very few. However some of them will be in the same tree whilst others will not.

Nerf : Dogged March.
Buff : Building Momentum.

Remove the regeneration from dogged march, honestly it shouldn’t be so much more powerful then the other classes stuff. However with the recent nerf to Building Momentum, one of the warriors most active traits the skill became useless. Lets give the regeneration and add vigor to Building Momentum to give the warriors more “active” defense and bring down the power of passive defense. This also nerfs popular builds like HAMBOW (X/X/6/X/6.) because it removes that passive regeneration defense from dogged march from it.

Nerf : Cleansing Ire.
Buff : Thick Skin

Remove the Adrenaline Gain when hit from Cleansing Ire and give it to “Thick Skin”. This is a no brainer, seeing as how useless Thick Skin as a trait alone is. You can also change the toughness to be based of your adrenaline as well. Stage 1: X Toughness, Stage 2: X Toughness, Stage 3: X Toughness. This is a great addition and change to Thick Skin, because it makes it so you have to actively manage your toughness. You actually get weaker when your spend your adrenaline. I believe this is how it all should be.

The Tactics line . This line is well known for having the worst minor traits in the entire game. Recently Necromancers shared this title but in Anet’s blessing they actually changed their minion traits to be very good ones. I feel the same should be done for the tactics line. Here are just some ideas.

5 : Using a Healing Skill grants Regenerating Mist to allies. This makes the warrior want to use his healing skills. Of course how much regeneration you get depends on which healing skill you use. Some are far more then others.

15 : You and your allies gain X seconds of quickness when you revive an ally. With a short cooldown. This promotes active play. I think it should give you quickness based on how long it takes to revive someone. This means people aoeing you if it takes longer may get punished for it if they can’t finish off their foe.

25 : Gain Evasion when you use a burst skill. This gives tactics line its own sort of defense, since it doesn’t have as much as the defense line. It is also a major sacrifice. This is to buff support warriors to make them closer to offensive and hambow warriors, it also doesn’t effect the overpowered ones. This is a push to buff the way way way weaker parts of the warrior. You can even make it block instead of evasion so you can make more trait coherence."

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Probably shouldn’t even bother posting, but I just thought I’d say…

NTY.

in Warrior

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

These actually sound pretty nice. Though I doubt any of these suggestions will get considered until it has a lot of support. I personally would really like to use “Revivers Revenge” But it would need some kind of CD.

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

What’s the problem with Warrior’s Rush? I will seriously never get it. Not that Greatsword wielding Warriors are destroying everyone and making an unplayable meta, gosh.

What about Rocket boots+Rifle+Elixir Gun engineers, Greatsword+Sword Rangers, Dagger+Shortbow thieves, or even FG eles (they can escape at will as long as they have the CD)??

No, stop trying to neuter Warrior mobility. That’s not the cause of Warrior OPness, they had that mobility when they were trash tier, nobody complained then.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

These actually sound pretty nice. Though I doubt any of these suggestions will get considered until it has a lot of support. I personally would really like to use “Revivers Revenge” But it would need some kind of CD.

Hi.

I believe the trait dont need a CD unless you could stack quikness. You need a downed player to activate it and that could be your CD. Or the quikness could end as soon the player get up.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

What’s the problem with Warrior’s Rush? I will seriously never get it. Not that Greatsword wielding Warriors are destroying everyone and making an unplayable meta, gosh.

What about Rocket boots+Rifle+Elixir Gun engineers, Greatsword+Sword Rangers, Dagger+Shortbow thieves, or even FG eles (they can escape at will as long as they have the CD)??

No, stop trying to neuter Warrior mobility. That’s not the cause of Warrior OPness, they had that mobility when they were trash tier, nobody complained then.

I agree that warrior movement is not a issue. But if ANet nerf that movement because the amount of qq in the forum, what is the best way to improve our greatsword?
Right now warrior GS is the most dificult to use (see guardians ans rangers GS, they offer a lot more than ours GS).
Please give sugestions.

My friends goal is to deliver a good amount of changes in the balance sub-forum but it could be really nice if all warriors give their sugestions to that list.

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Terrible….

1. Cleansing Ire – Remove Adrenaline Gain.

Yes CI did too much by combining 2 thing to 1, but Adrenaline Gain on hit should be based line. If Anet is trying to mimic burst moves to that of fighting games, every single fighting game gain power charges on hit. To get a full bar on getting hit alone warrior will get hit 30 times. This is not OPed at all.

Requires Burst to hit with LB to actually cleanse conditions is a more reasonable change.

2. GS changes……

Your friend removes all the movement from it. So in WoW roaming power warriors are limited to GS + SW, from a lot of build possibility we have. There I thought build diversity is what Anet is trying to achieve. This is a giant step backward.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

There’s probably a reason he can’t post on the forums anymore.
Anyway the suggestions are terrible.

And besides being terrible some don’t even make any sense – for example the blade trail change basically makes no change mechanics wise just a different animation.

In all honesty OP I’m glad your friend can’t post anymore.

“you must keep pressing 100b” ? what does that even mean ? keep pressing the button?
Is there any other skill in the game that works like this?!?

GS is a warrior’s mobility weapon – changing it to force a warrior to stay in the fight ?
You do realize there are other weapon sets designed to do exactly that – I don’t see why GS has to be reworked to fill a role that’s already filled.

Also greatsword was never designed as a defensive weapon and I certainly don’t think it should become one.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I actually would just like to see 3 changes to warriors:

1. Reduce the damage on eviscerate
2. Do not allow warriors to contest or cap points when under the effects of endure pain
3. Everyone knows, except for the guy above me, that fast mobility on a warrior should not be allowed. Either increase the cooldown of both, or change one of them. I like the target idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Is your friends name Daecollo?

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

2. Do not allow warriors to contest or cap points when under the effects of endure pain
3. Everyone knows, except for the guy above me, that fast mobility on a warrior should not be allowed. Either increase the cooldown of both, or change one of them. I like the target idea.

And why should fast mobility on a warrior not be allowed? because you say so?
Why should we be doomed to be kited eternally?

Also – Endure Pain is a 4 second no physical damage skill. You are still affected by conditions. You are still susceptible to CC.

Please know the skills before you propose things.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

How bout this fix rush so it will actually not over shoot target at 1000 range. Fix whirlwind so that it doesn’t miss on terrain and at 600 range. The reason they get used for mobility is because they are not reliable as a melee weapon. Think about that. I bought this weapon for escapes, because it is extremely patchy at regularly hitting at there stated max ranges.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

OP does not speak for the majority.

There is nothing OP about Warriors having skills that allow them to escape.

Most of the other classes also have escape skills (including stealth) with the exception of the Guardian, and they make up for not being incredibly quick with astounding damage mitigation.

Warriors would be QQed out of the game by now if Anet listened to all of this nonsense.

A warrior is not supposed to be kite bait.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Based on the feedback given in this tread, my friend did some modifications and removed the Greatsword changes from the post. I edited the post, removed the old text and inserted the new one.

Please give feedback from the new proposals and also give sugestions about other things that could be improved.

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

1. I agree
2. When Endure Pain makes you invuln to everything, then sure make that change. Or make EP last 3 seconds, not 4.
4. Warrior needs mobility, this has been discussed countless times, dogged march + – condi duration food is why they are un catchable

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

Of course Warriors need mobility, but with their currnt amount of damage and tankyness its too much mobility. When you have to kite a Warrior around like crazy and struggle to keep him at range because of various soft-CC-reductions – literally for hours – then its too much mobility. And going melee is nearly impossible as well. Because if you kitten up one single time once he´s in melee range, you are probably dead or extremely injured, while the warrior can make a lot more mistakes. Thus its only fair to reduce the extreme mobility or to reduce the extreme damage while keeping their tankiness.

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Of course Warriors need mobility, but with their currnt amount of damage and tankyness its too much mobility. When you have to kite a Warrior around like crazy and struggle to keep him at range because of various soft-CC-reductions – literally for hours – then its too much mobility. And going melee is nearly impossible as well. Because if you kitten up one single time once he´s in melee range, you are probably dead or extremely injured, while the warrior can make a lot more mistakes. Thus its only fair to reduce the extreme mobility or to reduce the extreme damage while keeping their tankiness.

You are aware that soft cc as in slows being very poor against warriors comes from the -40% condition duration food? Dogged march is roughly fine on it’s own.

Describing general warrior mobility as extreme is rather foolish, and a warrior that is built purely for this extreme mobility is no threat to anybody, sure you can’t kill them because they frog leap away, but they can’t kill you either.

Warrior damage could take a hit I guess, that’s understandable, but on the flip side, and this is an age old argument but literally everything on a warrior is so easy to dodge it’s crazy. So then if it’s not some what punishing being hit by such massively easy to see and react to skills then, well warriors would be almost worthless no?

But in general I do think warrior damage needs toning down, it should be a little pushing eating an evis or a hammer stun combo, but when it’s so punishing that one slip up with no stun break results in death or losing 75% of your HP it’s is silly.

in Warrior

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I always thought powerful banners was kitten, I mean it can crit for around 2k, but it’s not worth it.

Maybe if they applied confusion in a small area around the target?

in Warrior

Posted by: RagNoRawk.3625

RagNoRawk.3625

NTY.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The tactics changes don’t seem that bad, except for the quickness suggestion. Come on, the last thing this game needs is even faster ressing… And your allies too? Teams would bring a ranger just to get downed.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

+1

15 char…

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Agree with op. Currently the warrior is way to passive. Wvw is being infested with cheap ‘i don’t know how to play the game, but i’m smart enough to spam the stuns on hammer’ warriors. And with the supposed changes, it will require more skill, but not become truly weaker, so mission complete, less warrior trolls in wvw.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daniel.2495

Daniel.2495

Its ok for a class to have high mobility.
its not ok tho, if it has high mobility, and 20k hp, and it can do 12k dmg on a single hit(evi.)
there are some builds that are seriously op in wvw, that needs to be adressed.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Its ok for a class to have high mobility.
its not ok tho, if it has high mobility, and 20k hp, and it can do 12k dmg on a single hit(evi.)
there are some builds that are seriously op in wvw, that needs to be adressed.

Problem in WvW its not warrior related. Its runes / foods / sigils.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Agree with op. Currently the warrior is way to passive. Wvw is being infested with cheap ‘i don’t know how to play the game, but i’m smart enough to spam the stuns on hammer’ warriors. And with the supposed changes, it will require more skill, but not become truly weaker, so mission complete, less warrior trolls in wvw.

The only passive thing warrior have is HS with AH (passive healing). Other than that he is always working the keyboard.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

The tactics changes don’t seem that bad, except for the quickness suggestion. Come on, the last thing this game needs is even faster ressing… And your allies too? Teams would bring a ranger just to get downed.

What would you sugest to improve the trait?
Ex: Affect only people who is ressing and ends if they cancel / end the ress?

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

I always thought powerful banners was kitten, I mean it can crit for around 2k, but it’s not worth it.

Maybe if they applied confusion in a small area around the target?

Aply confussion instead of damage? I like it, but the mesmer QQ would be huge. But if people want that i will add in the notes.

And if you knock back players in his radius (30sec cd)? You use battle standart and can give your team mate a chance to get out the area alive.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Do not have a trait that affects revive speed at all. Seriously. Revive speed in this game is a sickness.

Instead, one could try something like other classes have that spawn an effect when starting to res, like the guardian bubble that blocks projectiles.

Suggestions;
-When you start to res somebody, knockback nearby opponents
-When you start to res, gain stability for 2 seconds

Something like that, with appropriate cooldowns of course.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Do not have a trait that affects revive speed at all. Seriously. Revive speed in this game is a sickness.

Instead, one could try something like other classes have that spawn an effect when starting to res, like the guardian bubble that blocks projectiles.

Suggestions;
-When you start to res somebody, knockback nearby opponents
-When you start to res, gain stability for 2 seconds

Something like that, with appropriate cooldowns of course.

I liked very much the first sugestion you made. (When you start to res somebody, knockback nearby opponents)
It can be a way to stop stealth stomps.
Good one.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

The only passive thing warrior have is HS with AH (passive healing). Other than that he is always working the keyboard.

…and that passive healing is a joke and makes warriors so easy to play (beside the high base stats).

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

…and that passive healing is a joke and makes warriors so easy to play (beside the high base stats).

Your QQ is noted. Thanks for the feedback.

in Warrior

Mayama.1854

Its not whining, I simply posted a fact.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Then elaborate and give construtive feedback how to change that passive healing without losing sustain.

in Warrior

Mayama.1854

Then elaborate and give construtive feedback how to change that passive healing without losing sustain.

Just reduce it, or in the grand scheme of things reduce the tankyness or damage. Warrior is to good at everything right now. Especially because most of it is passive or build in one skills. For example people complain about ele healing but you need to combo waterfields to get really decent healing. That means you have to plan and calculate how to use skills and rotation.

Imo and thats just my stupid personal oppinion. Warrior needs a reworkt to make him more interesting like make stances his f1-f4 skills and every stance alters the way each weapon skill works. Like I said just my humble oppinion and it will never happen.

in Warrior

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

NTY.

i don’t know what means NTY , but i am sure i will agree

in Warrior

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

“No Thank You”

/15char

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver