Berserker Stance Duration Doubled.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/july-9-content-release-notes/

Warrior:

• Berserker Stance: The duration of this skill has been increased from 4 to 8 seconds.

….Wait, isn’t this actually a huge change?

With Berserker Stance granting 100% Cond. Duration Reduction, having it go from a measly four seconds to eight seconds…might actually be something to look at.

Understandably people could food and rune towards a high enough value for Condition Reduction, but eight seconds people, EIGHT seconds!

You may now converse.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It’s also 8s of adrenaline quick generation. Could be interesting. I already used that utility against heavy condition classes, now it might even be worth it to use it at same time as condition cleanse signet (or to be pro, during the cast of the later) then earthshaker down those necros.

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Haven’t used berserker stance in a while. How does the condition duration functionality work?

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Warrior

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

yeah doesn’t work, still 4 seconds

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

The patch isn’t even out yet….

in Warrior

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Do you think it could be linked to the fact the patch isn’t out YET and we only have the patch notes?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ishbaal.1503

Ishbaal.1503

LOLs thanks for the laughs

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Haven’t used berserker stance in a while. How does the condition duration functionality work?

Specifically, the new stance reduces condition duration on you by 100%.

This means that only Modified Conditions are allowed through, and any previous conditions before you apply the stance linger still.

You ignore any other new conditions.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Might be worth a look at running this over endure pain, given the new meta with a billion conditions flying around. IDK exactly how it works though, if you have a billion condi’s on you, does it wipe them all off?

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

While immunity skills have a nice ring to it, there is truely not a more useless skill in this game. Because it revolves around fast paced, quick plays, and there are so many ways to out sustain a warrior, these skills become useless because it only sets you up for predictability. Sad truth, kitten update.

in Warrior

Posted by: Matzepeng.1053

Matzepeng.1053

Does it stack with Melandru Runes and Dogged March? Also 10s traited might just be enough of a window to burst down that necro, no?

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Does it stack with Melandru Runes and Dogged March? Also 10s traited might just be enough of a window to burst down that necro, no?

behind the mass implications of chill, their 2nd health bar, the damage condi’s, oh and fear+cripple, good luck. Unless you’re running a condi spec yourself, I have the hardest time hard damage bursting a necro.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

not sure if its better than signet of stamina (i use signet traits also)

Its every 36 sec full condition remove..

Berserkers stance is on 60sec cooldown for 8 sec.. necro will see you activate it and just wait for 8 sec and bam spam you after..

Also gain adrenaline issnt needed anymore (you get more adrenaline than you can use your burst normally)

The necro can “wait” 8s, but how is he going to wait while your closing on him (completely immune to any movement impairing conditions he can put up, and fear as it counts as a condition) and start bashing his face in?

This is a big buff IMO, if it’s off CD I see this as a realistic way to stomp d/p thieves and necros alike. Not to mention the ability to actually get on a point and cleave for a while instead of waiting on the sidelines for someone to step out of the mess of AoE.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

If this is that long of a blind immunity, I might use it to revive my old hammer build. That 60SEc CD is busting my balls though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Matzepeng.1053

Matzepeng.1053

If they do stack it would make you actually immune to condis for the duration though or not (more so in WvW of course)? If you throw in endure and/or defy pain if you need to and get rid off any remaining condis with cleansing ire (you get loads of adrenaline for the duration anyway) this could prove pretty difficult for condi spammers (hypothetically).

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

seems like a decent change

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Akkuma.2501

Akkuma.2501

Berserkers stance is on 60sec cooldown for 8 sec.. necro will see you activate it and just wait for 8 sec and bam spam you after..

Also gain adrenaline issnt needed anymore (you get more adrenaline than you can use your burst normally)

The necro can “wait” 8s, but how is he going to wait while your closing on him (completely immune to any movement impairing conditions he can put up, and fear as it counts as a condition) and start bashing his face in?

This is a big buff IMO, if it’s off CD I see this as a realistic way to stomp d/p thieves and necros alike. Not to mention the ability to actually get on a point and cleave for a while instead of waiting on the sidelines for someone to step out of the mess of AoE.

ok so if i use berserkers stance its also the same as stability?
Does it ignore CC? if so i think i change my stability signet for berserker stance and keep my signet of stamina also..

I have to test this stance more..

It ignores CC that is classified as a condition, fear & immobilize

in Warrior

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

ok so if i use berserkers stance its also the same as stability?
Does it ignore CC? if so i think i change my stability signet for berserker stance and keep my signet of stamina also..

I have to test this stance more..

Berserker Stance only prevents condition based disables such as fear from being applied to you while it is active. Disables like stun or daze will still hit you.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I wish EP will be buffed to 8sec too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Haz.9864

Haz.9864

Im guessing this is an spvp change? Berserker stance is crap everywhere else so doubling is length means nothing.

Akue – war, Duck Dogers – eng (Splt) (NSP)

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

I feel like in order to make this truly worth it, it should have a 40s CD. Also stance mastery should really reduce the CD of our stance skills by 20% instead of adding laughable 1-2s to a stance.

With those two changes you get 8s immunity per 32s. Necros will cry OP, but I think it’s needed to make warrior somewhat viable, being a hard counter to some condition spam classes.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Im guessing this is an spvp change? Berserker stance is crap everywhere else so doubling is length means nothing.

I doubt you’d have a use for it in PvE, but might be useful in WvW. It’s more for sPvP where Condi Cleave will wreck your day every time. I’ll be using it just for the reduced condi duration, but gaining adrenaline is an extremely nice bonus. Better adrenaline gain helps me with Healing Surge, Cleansing Ire, and Adrenal Health.

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I personally think the change is really good for warriors. Here is a short explanation from an older thread:

Currently the sustain would be ok if the warrior would be able to constantly hit the opponent. This doesn’t happen though since they are being kited until they die. Why? Because the condition removal also relies on hitting your opponent. So what happens is this:

Warrior attacks opponent
=> enemy starts kiting
=> warrior can’t hit opponent
=> warrior wants to use condition removal traits but can’t
=> warrior still can’t hit opponent
=> traits for sustain don’t work because of that
=> warrior dies
=> enemy is happy

If you make the condition removal traits less reliant on hitting your opponent this is what happens:

Warrior attacks opponent
=> enemy starts kiting
=> warrior uses condition removal traits
=> warrior hits opponent
=> traits for sustain work
=> warrior hits opponent even more
=> warrior wins

If the sustain still isn’t enough after changing the condition removal traits we could talk about buffs for that as well.

Replace condition removal traits with the buffed Berserker Stance and you get the basic idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

LOLs thanks for the laughs

That is because i concurred that it was when the new build hit in wvw, being disconnected from wvw i did do some pve (snickers) and low behold then 1 hour later we had a new build, one would ask ones self why it takes so long.

Now for something that makes me laugh,

Why the Dinosaurs Died

Scientists have shown that the moon is moving away at a tiny, although measurable distance from the earth every year. If you do the math, you can calculate that 85 million years ago the moon was orbiting the earth at a
distance of about 35 feet from the earth’s surface.

This would explain the death of the dinosaurs . . . the tallest ones, anyway.

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I personally think the change is really good for warriors. Here is a short explanation from an older thread:

Currently the sustain would be ok if the warrior would be able to constantly hit the opponent. This doesn’t happen though since they are being kited until they die. Why? Because the condition removal also relies on hitting your opponent. So what happens is this:

Warrior attacks opponent
=> enemy starts kiting
=> warrior wants to use condition removal traits but can’t
=> warrior still can’t hit opponent
=> traits for sustain don’t work because of that
=> warrior dies
=> enemy is happy

If you make the condition removal traits less reliant on hitting your opponent this is what happens:

Warrior attacks opponent
=> enemy starts kiting
=> warrior uses condition removal traits
=> warrior hits opponent
=> traits for sustain work
=> warrior hits opponent even more
=> warrior wins

If the sustain still isn’t enough after changing the condition removal traits we could talk about buffs for that as well.

Replace condition removal traits with the buffed Berserker Stance and you get the basic idea.

I agree this is how Cleansing Ire should work. It works this way for Longbow, and it’s not considered over powered. The only problem is it only works this way for 1 weapon. I can’t count how many times I’ve cleared condis with Longbow, then switched to my GS or Axe and the condis start piling up because I can’t land my burst. I’m then forced back into LB to survive. By the time I catch my opponent, use my burst, miss, switch weapons, and use LB burst, it’s already too late.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

While immunity skills have a nice ring to it, there is truely not a more useless skill in this game. Because it revolves around fast paced, quick plays, and there are so many ways to out sustain a warrior, these skills become useless because it only sets you up for predictability. Sad truth, kitten update.

If this is that long of a blind immunity, I might use it to revive my old hammer build. That 60SEc CD is busting my balls though.

Got any other exaggerated pouts you want to throw out there before the update?

PS: This update isn’t even a balance patch. The other professions didn’t even get anything.

in Warrior

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

An 8 second berserkers stance is a wonderful thing!

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

(edited by SmoothHussler.6387)

in Warrior

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

PS: This update isn’t even a balance patch. The other professions didn’t even get anything.

Got any other pointless comments or random trolls you want to throw out there?

PS: I don’t think anybody here claimed it was a balance patch.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Got any other pointless comments or random trolls you want to throw out there?

PS: I don’t think anybody here claimed it was a balance patch.

To say it’s a sad update on the merits of not approving the improvement of a utility skill is claiming one thing or another so can try and decide.

PS: I’ll troll however the eff I want to since 85% of the threads on this profession board is pure troll, including the majority of your posts.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

still 60 seconds CD is too much, make it 40s .

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

This skill is how you beat Condition / Fear Spam Necromancers and how you increase your chances vs Mesmers which are still over the top. On this 1v1 server that I play on, when any of the people that play Mesmer well enough jump in, it just kills the whole mood because they can’t loose to anything other than a good Mesmer or a really good Necromancer. It’s really dumb. In any case, this is a must have utility skill.

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

in Warrior

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

After the duration increase this is a great utility for CC builds that incorporate the Hammer or the Mace. It allows you get those crucial CCs out because blinds won’t effect you. I used it to get great effect on the new map earlier. I do agree it needs a slightly lower CD though, I’d say 45 seconds would be the sweet spot.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

also Berserker Stance DOES NOT affect conditions already applied on us , this has to change too.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

also Berserker Stance DOES NOT affect conditions already applied on us , this has to change too.

Just learn when to use it, what you are asking would make the skill OP and signet of stamina 100% useless.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Akkuma.2501

Akkuma.2501

Just learn when to use it, what you are asking would make the skill OP and signet of stamina 100% useless.

Seriously, you combine that bad boy w/signet of stamina or lyssa runes and you’re golden.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

behind the mass implications of chill, their 2nd health bar, the damage condi’s, oh and fear+cripple, good luck. Unless you’re running a condi spec yourself, I have the hardest time hard damage bursting a necro.

Been there, done that, killed several necros, got their t-shirts.

Combine this skill with Cleansing Ire, Lyssa Runes and the ability to repeatedly stun with only a 2 second down time if you’re playing really well, and boy, no current meta Necro stands a chance.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

Mesms and Necros that play durable builds such as Phantasm / MM will be your hardest games. Vs Condition Necros that use fear spam if you use a lot of stability and Berserker Stance you’ll be alright. With Berserker Stance, Balanced Stance as a trait and Utility and one other stun breaker you should be able to take one down. Picking up Runes of Lyssa is also a huge help.

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc