Build: High-damage & team-focused dungeon/PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: theamato.8756

theamato.8756

The trait configuration required to make an Axe/Mace an effective weapon combination is not team orientated at all. You will sacrifice team utility and your own survivability to make it have a better damage compared to a GS. That is great for player-versus-player combat where you can burn through utilities and do as much damage as possible to kill your enemy, but (higher level) dungeons have longer fights and much harder hitting enemies that require a team that has synergies with one another. Is this build better than MH Axe? For dungeons, absolutely.

this doesn’t make any sense at all. the only traits you need to make Axe effective is 10 in Power (which all Warrior builds take anyway). that’s the beauty of the weapon! it does incredible damage with no specialization needed. on the other hand, a GS user without 20 in Arms is worthless. he’s the one that has to sacrifice build diversity to get the desired results!

furthermore, your point is invalid on examination anyway. Axe MH (plus Mace OH) provides 8-12% Vulnerability for the whole party to exploit at any given time. it also has a nice AoE knockdown. what does the GS do for support? Cripple (which Axe 3 does) and Vuln (which Axe 2 and Mace 4 do). the only other related party support a Warrior brings are Shouts and Banners, both of which are specialized in the Tactics line, which both build types (Axe MH and GS) can (and most frequently do) use.

i highly suggest you actually use (smart) Axe builds before you criticize about them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

I have repeatedly stated that I’m all up for trying trait configurations to make Axe an effective primary weapon. I still haven’t found anything that comes even close to this particular GS build for dungeon running (have you read and tried it at all?). I always have to sacrifice either Adrenal Health or drop Arms causing Vulnerability/Bleed stacks on critical hit (31% chance per hit) to be gone, which lowers damage by 10% (25 Arms) and reduces survivability (Life Steal). The Axe also has less hits per second, meaning less triggering of all our amazing on-critical effects.

Please do suggest a good trait line that makes Axe/Mace better than this GS build. I’m all ears!

… which all Warrior builds take anyway …

Not all Warrior builds use 10 in Power, please read this build before posting.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Help me out here if you have good suggestions to improve the build; mash-up time; I dropped 15 points from Arms and putting 10 into Power for Berserker’s Power and added 5 points to Defense for Sundering Mace. This gives me 7% less critical chance with a little more Power, meaning that my survivability has been hampered. I have easier access to Vulnerability (permanently 8%) but normal attacks don’t give Vulnerability, nor do I have a semi-permanent Vigor (Whirlwind Attack) and have lost a lot of Might. Overall I feel much weaker and less durable, what can be improved?

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Warrior

Posted by: theamato.8756

theamato.8756

Help me out here if you have good suggestions to improve the build; mash-up time; I dropped 15 points from Arms and putting 10 into Power for Berserker’s Power and added 5 points to Defense for Sundering Mace. This gives me 7% less critical chance with a little more Power, meaning that my survivability has been hampered. I have easier access to Vulnerability (permanently 8%) but normal attacks don’t give Vulnerability, nor do I have a semi-permanent Vigor (Whirlwind Attack) and have lost a lot of Might. Overall I feel much weaker and less durable, what can be improved?

Adrenal Health is 120 HP per second, which is almost nothing compared to the Warrior’s total HP pool and Signet of Healing passive. it is not a “must” have trait and should only be gotten for defensive Mace/Hammer builds that have to go down the Defense line.

a simple 10/10/0/30/20 build is extremely popular and extremely effective: Shout heals or Banner heals (which are far and away more effective than Adrenal Health), Berserker Power + Heightened Focus, 100% uptime on Fury. this build contributes extremely high damage, survivability with frequent Omnom procs (i don’t know what you’re talking about, but the Axe AA hits much more frequently than any non 100b GS attacks do…again, have you ever even tried using an Axe?), and party utility with Banners/Shouts + Vuln and Knockdown. additionally, in dungeons where you know you won’t need ranged (CoF or AC, for example), you can weapon swap to an Axe offhand, which will further increase your survivability with the Axe 5 + Omnom.

additionally, check this:

http://i.imgur.com/94CHX.png

quick and dirty testing to show that Axe/Mace DPS > GS DPS. of course, the GS has benefits and shouldn’t be dismissed…but the notion that the GS is the #1 damaging weapon for a Warrior has to stop.

in Warrior

Posted by: sta.4926

sta.4926

wuts the axe/mace 20/10/0/30/10 traits?

and do u swap ?wuts ur offhand?