Can we get some Range for Rifle Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

Rifle warrior needs more range. Rifle warrior is too easily outranged. An engi and throw a grenade further than a warrior can fire her rifle. Rangers can fire bows further than a warrior can fire a rifle. Rifle should be 1500 minimum, its a rifle for god’s sake, its meant to outrange a throw or a bow. it has a melee cc, but seriously, if someone is in melee the warrior will swap weapons.

V

in Warrior

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

and a engi’s rifle has base 1000range on the first 2 skills, , 500,400,700 for the others. High armor, high health, high regen and your complaining about not having enough range on a warrior, seriously…

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in Warrior

Posted by: Greyrebel.7492

Greyrebel.7492

its called warrior not Sniper …. also they should give warriors shotgun not rifle XD

We are one , and one is all

in Warrior

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Warriors are meant to be soldiers not snipers. The skills on the rifle are essentially what soldiers are capable of doing while wielding a rifle. Soldiers are supposed to hit their target between 0-200 meters with a decent degree of accuracy.

Snipers require a whole different training regimen and are expected to be able to hit parts of the body anywhere up to 1km. So I will have to disagree with this.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Warrior

X T D.6458

biggest issue is why a skill called “aimed shot” is fired from the hip :o. thats just lazy lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

biggest issue is why a skill called “aimed shot” is fired from the hip :o. thats just lazy lol

its called no scope brah, get skillz

Warriors are meant to be soldiers not snipers. The skills on the rifle are essentially what soldiers are capable of doing while wielding a rifle. Soldiers are supposed to hit their target between 0-200 meters with a decent degree of accuracy.

Snipers require a whole different training regimen and are expected to be able to hit parts of the body anywhere up to 1km. So I will have to disagree with this.

no, warrior means some one who knows combat and warfare.
and soldier can be anything from sniper to marine.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

X T D.6458

its called no scope brah, get skillz

huh?

in Warrior

Vinegaroon.4369

only 1 person got the point. So an Engi can throw a grenade further than a rifle can fire? A bow can fire further than a rifle can fire? Like Greyrebel said, it should be called shotgun if they don’t want it to fire far. It’s not really a rifle if it can’t outrange a throw or a bow, is it?

in Warrior

X T D.6458

your asking for rifle range to be minimum 15oo, engi grenades, ranger lb have to be traited to give 1500 range, otherwise its base of 1200

in Warrior

Vinegaroon.4369

btw, snipers are soldiers.

in Warrior

Vinegaroon.4369

if they have to trait it, then do it.

in Warrior

X T D.6458

warriors are not designed to be longrange professions, hence why they have high health, high armor, and high regen

in Warrior

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

warriors are not designed to be longrange professions, hence why they have high health, high armor, and high regen

Dagger Ele would like to have words on this topic.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think that the range on Rifle is fine. But I really, REALLY do wish that they hadn’t completely removed the Bleeds from it. Maybe they could be added back to, say, Volley.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

only 1 person got the point. So an Engi can throw a grenade further than a rifle can fire? A bow can fire further than a rifle can fire? Like Greyrebel said, it should be called shotgun if they don’t want it to fire far. It’s not really a rifle if it can’t outrange a throw or a bow, is it?

While I normally strive for realism in my MMOs — I unfortunately accept that it was blown out of the water with rainbow and unicorn shooting shortbows. The warrior is already considered a superior class, by many and in different situations, so spreading their capabilities even further doesn’t seem right in my book. Let the engineers and the rangers have the longer range.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

in Warrior

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

No actual gameplay or balance support for this suggestion… just “rifles are supposed to shoot further than bows and grenades”?

Let’s not.

in Warrior

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’d be fine with a trait to allow warrior to shoot rifle at 1500 — as long as it reduced their armor and halved Healing Signet…

in Warrior

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Not sure why you mention this. Look at the other professions… All of them have their own quirky weapon sets, that vary widely in their usefulness. From being overused to rarely used or niche.

Devona’s Rest

in Warrior

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

No actual gameplay or balance support for this suggestion… just “rifles are supposed to shoot further than bows and grenades”?

Let’s not.

Kill shot has 1500 range and the rifle has quite low dps compared to most 1200 range weapons so there is some gameplay support for it.

Edit: it’s also a bottom tier weapon that isn’t used in any content so it could use a buff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Topic creator’s mistake is he’s trying to apply logic into a fantastical setting. Tyria is a world where dragons, ray guns, instantaneous travel and talking trees exist. A world where Mesmers can create clones of themselves, a race of mole people attack with rifles that fire sound waves, and a group of rats that individually get smarter based upon the concentration of their population. All of this, and the central, most populated, most cosmopolitan city is successfully attacked and destroyed by blimps. I think we through reason out of the window a long time ago.

(also the warrior Adrenaline burst skill for Rifle needs to have its channel time cut in half, right now its just too aweful for words)

in Warrior

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Let’s not.

Kill shot has 1500 range and the rifle has quite low dps compared to most 1200 range weapons so there is some gameplay support for it.

Edit: it’s also a bottom tier weapon that isn’t used in any content so it could use a buff.

You think giving it more range is something that will make it more desirable in any content?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Who cares about balance, right? Lets all just keep sticking with – “Those classes can do it so I should be able to as well.” Lets see where that gets us. /sarcasm

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

in Warrior

X T D.6458

Not sure why you mention this. Look at the other professions… All of them have their own quirky weapon sets, that vary widely in their usefulness. From being overused to rarely used or niche.

yes every profession has weapon options for ranged/mid/upclose. What kind of content is designed for warriors to be ranged, certain situations sure its important to carry a ranged weapon. But who would ever think of warriors as anything but frontline

in Warrior

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

yes every profession has weapon options for ranged/mid/upclose. What kind of content is designed for warriors to be ranged, certain situations sure its important to carry a ranged weapon. But who would ever think of warriors as anything but frontline

Well that’s what this game tried to change. It just wasn’t very well executed or thought out. So rifle is pretty much outshone by the rest of the warrior’s weapon sets with the longbow just being the better option, all around.

Devona’s Rest

in Warrior

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Actually it’s not like the rifle is that bad – it’s that the longbow is way too good.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Warrior

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Roll a ranger or switch weapons?

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Should be traitable to +200 units. Fixed.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Well, bows “should” not fire a hundred arrows at the same time. Thrown weapons “should” not simply reappear in your hand. Bombs “should” also hurt the person dropping them… your point is?

in Warrior

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

not quite sure why you’re expecting a class designed around high mobility melee combat to be able to range as well as a class designed for ranged combat.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I just wanted to jump in and say while i do use rifle with gs in wvw that weapon is pretty much a tra.. as it does have 0 utility, lackluster dmg outside of volley, killshot (hf landing one) and 0 synergy with any other weapon.

Its also getting outranged even by lb warrior untrained rght now due to the nature of arrows – they do not dissapear unlike missiles from rifle, instead they just flying till they drop on ground thus 1000range in game for warrior lb results in about 1250 real, and 1500 for ranged results in about 1800. That is simply wrong.

I personally agree with giving extra ranga up to 1500 when trained (crack shot trait) but honestly it won’t help much. I suggest to take a look at our harpoon skills and how well it synergy with spear (opposition to gs+rifle on land).

Rifle needs an overhaul its the worse weapon warrior has and thus noone uses it except maso….s like me. And killshot itself really needs a shorter cast animation and probably removed selfroot along with that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

not quite sure why you’re expecting a class designed around high mobility melee combat to be able to range as well as a class designed for ranged combat.

A bow warrior equipped with a mobility set like sword/WH is quite a match for rangers any day.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Killshot is one of the most powerful skills in the game (aside from perhaps thief BS) and it will nail people at 1500 range. Rifle is perfect at what it achieves — decent single target DPS, a melee knockback, and an incredibly strong burst. I main a warrior and I see no reason it needs to be buffed.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Warrior

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

“Killshot is one of the most powerful skill in the game”

^^ nice I give u a 12/20, you’re in a good way keep it up !

[vM] Alkore

(edited by MrKrataus.6420)

in Warrior

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

But ye rifle need an immob or a way to leep back idk both maybe, need kitting stuff u know

And kittenillshot cast time reduced and maybe more damage.

[vM] Alkore

in Warrior

Ark Bladesteele.2943

“Killshot is one of the most power skill in the game”

At 3 bars of adrenaline, it is the highest single-damage single-hit skill in the game next to a thief backstab (yes, even more powerful than Evis).

0/20 for not knowing this. You also misquoted me.

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

At 3 bars of adrenaline, it is the highest single-damage single-hit skill in the game next to a thief backstab (yes, even more powerful than Evis).

If by powerful you mean “one of the highest damage” sure. But that’s the extent of it. The activation time of it is ludicrously long, and anyone with half a brain and at least one eye— will dodge it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

More range would be fun.

A viable rifle would be more fun.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Rifle is useless in pvp at the moment you can kill a couple noobs in wvw but whats the point they get ressed back up from downed state in 1 or 2 seconds anyway.
In pvp all i can say is good luck. May or may not work in hotjoin but subpar to hambow.
Like somone else mentioned reroll ranger (takes 2 min) until they fix it.

in Warrior

Vinegaroon.4369

If they don’t want to give the Rifle range, then they should change the name. The whole point of a Rifle is that it outranges and out-damages other weapon types. It’s not like it would be the new meta if they gave it range. i just find it lackluster as a warrior weapon and if they’re not going to do it right, then don’t bother.

in Warrior

Ark Bladesteele.2943

If by powerful you mean “one of the highest damage” sure. But that’s the extent of it. The activation time of it is ludicrously long, and anyone with half a brain and at least one eye— will dodge it.

It actually gets really funny when you run a highly mobile melee primary set such as s+wh or GS, and use rifle as your secondary with a toy gun skin on it and roll Crack Shot. I’ve seen backliner wars do this, and since there’s a 5 target limit on piercing, you can fire off 15k+ killshots from 1500 range that blow half a choke. The toy gun skin makes the rifle less obvious and the sounds more muted. People don’t dodge what they don’t see coming.

Similarly, I even see people do this in roaming and small group skirmishes — run GS/rifle with toy gun, exhaust their dodges with GS, and then swap and roll straight into a KS. You’d be surprised how creative people can get.

Also, I was speaking strictly about single-target single-hit attacks (without even taking Crack Shot into consideration), not channeled attacks or anything else.

Some basic stats:

Kill Shot: Level 3 damage: 1,256 (3.25)?

Base 1256 with a 3.25 power coefficient. That’s not taking into consideration weapon damage variations. Huge.

Eviscerate: Level 3 damage: 1,008 (3.0)?

Still very good. 1008 with a 3.0 power coefficient. Definitely hard hitting.

Now, thief backstab gets interesting because to maximize its damage you have to trait for it. Also, unlike KS or Evis, it has zero cooldown and can be executed a lot more often. So even at a lower base damage and power coefficient, the fact that it’s near-spammable greatly makes up for it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I was trolling around with rifle one night with a friend on P/P thief. He would do Body Shots right before my Kill Shot with high success rates. If only we had a ranger with us to Rapid Fire/PBS with us it would of been a complete range spamfest.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

It actually gets really funny when you run a highly mobile melee primary set such as s+wh or GS, and use rifle as your secondary with a toy gun skin on it and roll Crack Shot. I’ve seen backliner wars do this, and since there’s a 5 target limit on piercing, you can fire off 15k+ killshots from 1500 range that blow half a choke. The toy gun skin makes the rifle less obvious and the sounds more muted. People don’t dodge what they don’t see coming.

Similarly, I even see people do this in roaming and small group skirmishes — run GS/rifle with toy gun, exhaust their dodges with GS, and then swap and roll straight into a KS. You’d be surprised how creative people can get.

Also, I was speaking strictly about single-target single-hit attacks (without even taking Crack Shot into consideration), not channeled attacks or anything else.

This. I do exactly this. Tiny asuran, armor looks like cloth, run around with a toy gun and pop zergs that don’t notice what’s going on with Killshots. Signet of Might just to ensure they can’t block it either.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

rifle base range IS 1000, other long range waepons 1200 and only traited long range weapons may get 1500. 1000 is totaly fine, warrior is a melee fighter and shines there.

it’s like an ele asks for 10k hp cuz warrior have it too

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Warrior

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Incorrect. Rifle base range is 1200, KS range is 1500.

You are thinking of Warrior Longbow, its base range is 1000.

in Warrior

Xyonon.3987

True, my bad – ingi only has 1000, traited 1200. Warrior has default of 1200 wich seems perfectly fine to me.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Warrior

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

Only thing about this is we cannot maintain adrenaline through the animation long enough to utilize 3 full bars.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

New killshot will cause alot of rage, because no one will be used to the new cast time lol.

in Warrior

Xyonon.3987

Only thing about this is we cannot maintain adrenaline through the animation long enough to utilize 3 full bars.

another 0/20 from my side here …

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

New killshot will cause alot of rage, because no one will be used to the new cast time lol.

A lot of ppl already dont even know when to dodge killshot, some dodge right at the start of animation, and some simply facetank it as they dont except it to deal high dmg or something cus they never runned lik rifle war before – thats how popular wep choice it is..

Thats said tremor>killshot might work now but rifle needs more than this tiny buff.

I am still waiting for gs+rifle to synergy like spear+harpoon anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

i already talked it to anet 3 months ago about why gun type rifle has sborter range than hand throw type, grenade. It is just physically nonsense. I think anet just love engi and ele thats all. Just quit the game bro

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!