Cleansing Ire is actually trolling

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

L2R instead of arguing with those who agree with you

But I’m not agreeing with you. You start from a flawed point and end in an erroneous conclusion. I know you can’t tell the difference, but there is one.

How could you possibly know? You left L2P and a link. I addressed your point and you made a similar point to one I made before. This tells me you don’t read the post in the thread.You simply spew what you want to say and move on until some one responds to you. Furthermore, you corrected nothing. If you read my full OP you would realize I do mention that the nerfs we received were presumably for this trait.I also explain that the cost to benefit ratio left us with no profit. It seems your’e one of those who assumes they are smarter than their audience. Yet you failed to read my OP and understand my analysis in full (or discuss it at all for that matter). I would say, “troll much?” but you seem like a bright young fellow. How about you tell me how cleansing ire as trait is balanced vs the buffs to blind, the new condition, and our DPS loss. Please enthrall me with your astonishing prose. “L2P” was truly an intellectual delight.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Posted by: Carnagh.1687

Carnagh.1687

This is just a very sad thread, with a tone that’s simply ugly from the start.

For whatever it’s worth I’m enjoying Cleansing Ire.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

Heal skills are for restoring HP, burst skills are for heavy dmg, this is the stupidest idea to make it condition removal. I hope you will read this ANet devs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Opynn.2936

Opynn.2936

Also, if you pick up burst mastery, you can’t even remove 3, at most 2. They conflict with each other and there’s no reward for pairing traits. This discourages build variation, contrary to what they were trying to implement.

Let me quote myself:

Tested it in Orr . Plauge carrires on explode give you 4 conditions. Used Earthshaker – lost 3 conditions. I was using Burst mastery and Cleansing Ire.

Test people.

Opyrr[GoT] Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

by the devs. Here’s why. In order for the skill to work you need to have a target and hit it. Which means you can not use it on the run from some one and if there is add you need to actively engage it to get rid of the condition. However the real insult is blind. Now that blind has been buffed you can literally miss your burst get the cd and still have that condition on you. What makes it funnier is that currently it the main reason other classes saw few changes to condition builds. I in all honesty think we just got trolled by the devs.

For anyone who’s going to say lemon grass + melandru in WvW. Forget it I have heard that force yourself into one build nonsense before. Beside this being spvp problem also every class has access to this and isn’t as reliant on being in melee. We were promised in house condition management help. We got trolled instead and I for one find it hilarious.

Tl;DR

We got trolled by the devs between the damage reduction, the new blind, and cleansing ire. We’ll done Anet truly well done.

Learn to use it properly i’d say…Its working out really well for me so far.

Which means you can not use it on the run from some one*

Really..? Its not meant to be used when youre running away……Learn to use it…honestly,you complain without having a clue…

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Change the logic.

Using burst skills when you hit takes conditions off before the attack hits, when adrenaline is spent.

Still think we should have two f button skills for dual hand weapons and one for main and one for off hand skills. Them we can use adrenaline defensively too.

Pretty sure that’s impossible.

Because it would require that the game predicts the future.

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

Your issue, learn to hit with burst attacks bro

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Simple fix:
-Burst skills missing now depletes adrenaline (both for this trait and for some more meaningful bursting timing)

This would be a tremendous nerf to any build not running Cleansing Ire… and you are here flaming the devs for being short sighted…

You miss the burst, you’re punished for using at wrong time.

I’m surprised it isn’t already this way. Oh, forgot the dumbing down Anet policy.

We may as well not even have a class mechanic if you lost all your adrenaline. Sitting on adrenaline was popular before… what do you think your idea would do?

You want to exhaust your class mechanic on miss? roll a thief. They don’t have cooldowns and burn initiative on miss. We have cooldowns but hold adrenaline.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

We may as well not even have a class mechanic if you lost all your adrenaline. Sitting on adrenaline was popular before… what do you think your idea would do?

You want to exhaust your class mechanic on miss? roll a thief. They don’t have cooldowns and burn initiative on miss. We have cooldowns but hold adrenaline.

Thieve’s steal goes on full cooldown if it misses. Pretty much every other mechanic in the game goes on full cooldown if it misses.

You don’t want to waste your skill? Don’t miss. Remove the training wheels and you greatly improve the gameplay for everyone.

And deal with it, Cleansing Ire is pretty mandatory for any serious Warrior in PvP. Pretty much every class has one or two mandatory traits.

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

Thieve’s steal goes on full cooldown if it misses. Pretty much every other mechanic in the game goes on full cooldown if it misses.

You don’t want to waste your skill? Don’t miss. Remove the training wheels and you greatly improve the gameplay for everyone.

And deal with it, Cleansing Ire is pretty mandatory for any serious Warrior in PvP. Pretty much every class has one or two mandatory traits.

Initiative is part of the thief mechanic also and plays a larger role in how the class functions than Steal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

1) It’s nice to see that Anet does read the forums and listen to the community. Cleansing Ire was taken from this suggestion thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-on-how-Adrenaline-work/first#post1870876

2) I agree that Cleansing Ire should be fixed. It’s not even a very difficult fix to implement:

a) Check if target hit connected minus conditions (it currently checks if hit would connect before burning adrenaline so only a slight change here). If = true, then b)

b) Condi removal check : if blind would be removed due to cleansing ire, allow skill to connect & burn adrenaline. If blind would NOT be removed due to too many cover conditions, miss target, don’t burn adrenaline.

(edited by Kharr.5746)

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Well how would you do it, then?

remove conditions on adrenalane bars gained. Simple, effective, and if it’s too strong put a time cap on it. Or make it so it removes condi’s and you don’t need to hit anything. As it is, try using this trait while blinded. It’s absolutely useless and serves as evidence that the devs are jumping into a vast blue ocean of unknown. Pretty moronic changes.

Also, if you pick up burst mastery, you can’t even remove 3, at most 2. They conflict with each other and there’s no reward for pairing traits. This discourages build variation, contrary to what they were trying to implement.

Terrible idea.

Your variation of this trait is too weak, it promotes RNG, and it is anti-synergistic with other builds. Cleansing Ire is better because I get to control when to remove conditions. Your varaition is completely RNG. If I build up full adrenaline and I get cc, my burst won’t remove the cc.

Your variation promotes not attacking the other player. Because if you do, you may lose the chance to lose a condition that happens 1 second later. If the bar is full, you can’t remove it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Well how would you do it, then?

remove conditions on adrenalane bars gained. Simple, effective, and if it’s too strong put a time cap on it. Or make it so it removes condi’s and you don’t need to hit anything. As it is, try using this trait while blinded. It’s absolutely useless and serves as evidence that the devs are jumping into a vast blue ocean of unknown. Pretty moronic changes.

Terrible idea.

Your variation of this trait is too weak, it promotes RNG, and it is anti-synergistic with other builds. Cleansing Ire is better because I get to control when to remove conditions. Your varaition is completely RNG. If I build up full adrenaline and I get cc, my burst won’t remove the cc.

Your variation promotes not attacking the other player. Because if you do, you may lose the chance to lose a condition that happens 1 second later. If the bar is full, you can’t remove it.

Not only that, but it would need to make exceptions with Healing Surge and Signet of Fury. And it would probably come with a nerf to Furious and/or Sharpened Axes. As someone who uses Furious with Axes, I wouldn’t really like that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Condition removal on adrenaline gained. Add small cooldown to keep certain adrenaline gaining abilities from becoming too strong.

There you go, basically a rehashed cleansing water with a different trigger, but better or worse depending on the cd.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Heal skills are for restoring HP, burst skills are for heavy dmg, this is the stupidest idea to make it condition removal. I hope you will read this ANet devs.

I’m pretty sure the name of the trait points out the irony of the combination. What you consider stupid others just might consider clever.

What if the trait removed a condition for each adrenaline bar gained and lost? Too much condition removal for 1 trait?

If you have 8 items and 7 work one way and 1 the opposite, why would you ever consider the 7 items to be the broken ones? Oh, so they all work the way you want….I get it. now.

I’ve always thought that instead of the CD / no lost adrin on a burst miss, you should loose one bar and have no CD. Minor punishment for missing but puts complete control in the hands of the player.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

You guys actually want a sure-fire skill that removes 3 conditions every 7-10 seconds? Get real.

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

You guys actually want a sure-fire skill that removes 3 conditions every 7-10 seconds? Get real.

+1. There are builds that rely entirely on condition damage to kill. How would you guys like it if everyone ran around with 50% uptime on Endure Pain? Cleanses should never reliably outpace application.

in Warrior

runeblade.7514

+1. There are builds that rely entirely on condition damage to kill. How would you guys like it if everyone ran around with 50% uptime on Endure Pain? Cleanses should never reliably outpace application.

How would you like it if you did 0 damage because the other players crippled and kited you to death.

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

How would you like it if you did 0 damage because the other players crippled and kited you to death.

Dude, I play a warrior.

But I struggle less against kiting because I always run with a ranged weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

1) It’s nice to see that Anet does read the forums and listen to the community. Cleansing Ire was taken from this suggestion thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-on-how-Adrenaline-work/first#post1870876

2) I agree that Cleansing Ire should be fixed. It’s not even a very difficult fix to implement:

a) Check if target hit connected minus conditions (it currently checks if hit would connect before burning adrenaline so only a slight change here). If = true, then b)

b) Condi removal check : if blind would be removed due to cleansing ire, allow skill to connect & burn adrenaline. If blind would NOT be removed due to too many cover conditions, miss target, don’t burn adrenaline.

Nice find. Anet gives us what we suggested and look, we grief them for it. Ha! Cleansing Ire is fine. It’s just not dummy proof.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I would say you may need to rethink your strategy if this is an issue or pick up some gap closers because your build is lacking in mobility.

Why is it Anet’s fault some warriors are bad?

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

The reason that they have it set up this way is because of a handicap that still exists with the Warrior. Thief has a similar one I’ll explain as well.

We are able to use our burst ability and NOT lose the adrenaline if we miss. This is the mechanic that holds it back, the cleansing happens based on the bars spent. If you don’t hit a target, you don’t lose or spend any.

This is really a ridiculous mechanic that has no place in a game trying to be an e-sport in my opinion. Attempting to burst should dump the bar immediately, give the condi removal, and then either hit or miss.

Thieves have a similar hand holding mechanic as well. When we stealth and then attempt to use our stealth opener attack, if you block, dodge, etc…we can just spam it over and over again until it lands or the stealth timer ends and we reveal. In which case you would not have the reveal debuff and could restealth and spam the attack for free again. No initiative cost either bc its the #1.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Warrior

runeblade.7514

Dude, I play a warrior.

But I struggle less against kiting because I always run with a ranged weapon.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-so-70;9;9;9;9;9;9-5j

Optimal warrior build right here if cleansing ire gets nerfed.

I would say you may need to rethink your strategy if this is an issue or pick up some gap closers because your build is lacking in mobility.

Why is it Anet’s fault some warriors are bad?

If you get crippled, even when you reach the other enemies with a leap, they can still kite you to death. All they need to do is step backwards.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

Cleansing Ir is useless because most pro players put condition on you when you are crippled or stunned, so you just can’t use it when is needed, beside burst skills are made to do heavy dmg and you must use it wisely to beat opponent, spamming it to remove conditions is just stupid, you might have luck to remove condition in right moment but this is not the way.

The biggest problem in pvp with warrior is that he just can’t even do any dmg at all in fight against good player. This need to be fixed, but after 25/6 patch I doubt ANet care about that at all.

(edited by Sin.4130)

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I think they could make it better if it removed a condition every bar of adrenaline gained instead of on burst use.
This would still encourage using the burst skill since you can’t remove condis w/ out emptying then refilling your bar.
It would work passively rather than on an activation, and would not require a nearby target.

Believe me, it’s actually not. Why do I say this? Most of the time it’s better to save your adrenaline for readily remove conditions when you need it as it gives you more control. More control is better, now if it was buffed to lose condition on adrenaline gain and also on loss, that’ll be amazing.

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/pvp

So which number are you? Just curious .

Reminds me why it’s so aggravating when wood league gives advice.

in Warrior

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

by the devs. Here’s why. In order for the skill to work you need to have a target and hit it. Which means you can not use it on the run from some one and if there is add you need to actively engage it to get rid of the condition. However the real insult is blind. Now that blind has been buffed you can literally miss your burst get the cd and still have that condition on you. What makes it funnier is that currently it the main reason other classes saw few changes to condition builds. I in all honesty think we just got trolled by the devs.

For anyone who’s going to say lemon grass + melandru in WvW. Forget it I have heard that force yourself into one build nonsense before. Beside this being spvp problem also every class has access to this and isn’t as reliant on being in melee. We were promised in house condition management help. We got trolled instead and I for one find it hilarious.

Tl;DR

We got trolled by the devs between the damage reduction, the new blind, and cleansing ire. We’ll done Anet truly well done.

its like that because if you miss your eviscerate or flurry or whatever you dont have to build up your adrenaline again.

it has always been there that even before the patch you miss your burst you dont spend adrenaline. the trait clearly states that it removes a condition per adrenaline spent. its your own fault for assuming wrongly.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

And terrain can always mess with shaker. I’ve used a hammer quite successfully in WvW, had a lot of fun. Some good duels with nicely skilled players, and won a fair deal. Usually, terrain issues can be avoided, but it’s not uncommon to make a mistake, even when experienced.

Yea, I have to admit that I still miss it too sometimes. It happens less and less frequent tho, but I am nearing in to 1500 hours played on my warrior of which atleast 1100 in WvW so have fought on every possible terrain. Landing them on stairs and slopes gives the most rewarding feeling ^^.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I think Cleansing Ire’s problem isn’kittens own mechanics, but the overabundance of CC, slows and blinds that we have in the current game.