Consolidated List & Summary of Warrior Bugs (to be updated)

in Warrior

Posted by: Qbert.4197

Qbert.4197

I figure it would be a lot easier for AN if we consolidate our list of both confirmed & suspected (i.e. unable to confirm/deny) bugs … and such a list would likely lead to fixes sooner rather than later.

I will try to keep this list relatively up to date, so please submit any bug you have caught that is not mentioned.

<<<PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT BUGS & INCONSISTENCIES THAT YOU HAVE DILIGENTLY TESTED & CONFIRMED>>>

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -

• BUGS are in BOLD
  • POTENTIAL BUGS (and/or Strange Mechanics) are in ITALICS

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -

Weapon Skills

• Main Hand Sword – Savage Leap:
    “Lunge at your foe, striking them with your sword (range:600)”
    Unable to damage targets which are at lower elevations (Z-axis) than the Warrior due to leaping at a point above the target’s head.
  • Greatsword – Bladetrail:
    “Throw your greatsword at your foe so that it returns to you, crippling foes along the way”
    Will not return if the path of the projectile intersects with any solid object (unclear if intended)
  • Shield – Shield Stance:
    “Blocks attacks (for 3 seconds)”
    Stance icon lasts for 6 seconds whereas the effect lasts for only 3.

Utility Skills

• Endure Pain (stance):
    “Take no damage from incoming attacks (for 5 seconds)”
    Actual stance duration is not 5 seconds, but rather closer to 3 seconds.
    When used in conjunction with the trait “Discipline VIII – Vigorous Focus”, the player is provided Vigor for a duration that significantly exceeds the stance duration, whereas all other stances receive Vigor for a duration equal to that of the stance
  • Vengeance (downed skill)
    If the player dies during Vengeance and uses a waypoint before the Vengeance duration ends, the player will be killed a second time when the Vengeance duration expires.

Traits

• Strength V – Berserker’s Power :
    “Increases damage based on how much adrenaline you ahve built (3%/7%/12%)”
    Does not display any increase in damage in the character screen (unable to test)
  • Strength pt.#25 – Stick and Move :
    “Get a damage bonus when endurance not full”
    Reveals strange/inconsistent icon compared to all other fixed trait icons
    Does not display any increase in damage in the character screen (unable to verify)
  • Strength XI – Physical Training :
    “Physical utility skills do 100% more damage and recharge 20% faster”
    Does not display increase in damage in tooltips. (however cooldown tooltips do update and damage dealt does appear to increase)
  • Arms VII – Crack Shot :
    “Rifle and Harpoon shots pierce. Rifle and Harpoon skills recharge 20% faster”
    Reduces the cooldown in the tooltip but does not reduce the actual cooldown of the Rifle skill “Volley”.
  • Defense III – Sure-Footed :
    “Increases stance duration by 25%”
    Does not increase the duration of “Balanced Stance”
  • Defense VIII – Last Stand :
    “Activates Balanced Stance when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, or stunned.”
    Does not activate in PvE (need confirmation if this bug also exists in PvP because I vaguely remember it working correctly in PvP)
  • Tactics VI – Empowered :
    “Increases damage for every boon on you”
    Does not display any increase in damage in character screen nor any tooltips. (unable to verify trait). Provides insufficient information to the player.
  • Discipline pt.#15 – Fast Hands :
    “Weapon swapping recharges 5 seconds faster.”
    Does not always provide a reduced swap cooldown. The initial weapon swap receives no cooldown reduction.
  • Discipline V – Heightened Focus :
    “Gain a 2% critical-hit chance for 1 stage of adrenaline, 5% for 2 stages, and 9% for 3 stages.”
    Does not display any increase in crit rate in the character screen (unable to verify)
  • Discipline VII – Sweet Revenge :
    “100% chance to rally if you kill someone while in Vengeance.”
    Does not appear to be working correctly; there have been multiple occasions where I killed the mob or player I was fighting, but the Vengeance buff stayed on me and I died as normal when it ended.

(edited by Qbert.4197)

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Good idea!

Sure-Footed: seems to effect Frenzy (~5 seconds) and Berserker Stance (10 seconds), but not Endure Pain (4 seconds).
Shield Stance: when you use it, the symbol that shows your Shield Stance boon states the wrong number of seconds left on it (starts down from 6, only lasts 3).
Dolyak Signet: appears to increase effective Toughness by 8, Armor by 38 (for my level 31 character at least) based on viewing the Hero panel. Testing getting hit with it on and off was inconclusive for me. It seemed like there was a slight difference, but it wasn’t very noticeable.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Trait: Forceful Greatsword does give might on crit for spear skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Trait “Crack Shot” does not reduce the cooldown of the rifle skill volley.

in Warrior

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

I deal with more than one of these issues all the time, but if they could at least fix Fast Hands within the next couple of days I’d be happy… ;~;

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: MolotovCocktailParty.8931

MolotovCocktailParty.8931

Trait “Sweet Revenge” (Discipline-20)

Gives you a 100% chance to rally after scoring a kill in Vengeance.

Does not appear to be working correctly; there have been multiple occasions where I killed the mob or player I was fighting, but the Vengeance buff stayed on me and I died as normal when it ended.

in Warrior

Posted by: Imspecial.3206

Imspecial.3206

Ability: Vengeance (downed 3 skill)

If you die while this ability is active, then waypoint within the time period that it would still be active, you will spawn with vengeance buff still active and die a second time once its duration runs out.

Bug/Possible RNG: Even with the trait giving 100% chance to rally on occasionall, I have never rallied in any dungeon while using this ability even after killing mobs that normally rally you from down or rally you from the mesmer version of this spell.

(edited by Imspecial.3206)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gopher.4562

Gopher.4562

The utility skill Dolyak Signet is pretty easy to figure out.

Look at your Toughness without it, and look at your Toughness with it. The difference = how much Toughness that Signet gave you. I don’t know the exact value since I didn’t write it down.

But that’s all it does is + Toughness.

in Warrior

Posted by: Futuro.8036

Futuro.8036

Yeah the trait “Crack Shot” Does not seem to reduce the cool down of volley … The tool tip changes but the actual cool down doesn’t

in Warrior

Posted by: Evagal.2584

Evagal.2584

I’m assuming none of this was fixed recently:

The tooltip for the greatsword’s burst skill is incorrect. It says it gives you might,but it gives you fury.
The tooltip for the elite banner (warbanner?) is incorrect. It says it gives you stability,fury,and might,but it gives you swiftness,fury and might instead.

in Warrior

Posted by: DJPenguin.6945

DJPenguin.6945

frenzy stomping is a notorious bug. half the time you have to stand still for a second after stomping to make sure it registers.

in Warrior

Posted by: MrPants.3184

MrPants.3184

• Vengeance:
    “Rally and fight normally for a brief time. When the rally ends, you are defeated.”
    - If you are defeated by any source of damage while Vengeance is on you, then revive at a waypoint before Vengeance ends, you will be defeated a second time upon the duration expiring. The real issue here is that Vengeance does not expire upon being defeated.

in Warrior

Posted by: kfctonight.6182

kfctonight.6182

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if the Superior Sigil of Earth(60% chance to bleed on crits) is bugged with precise strikes (33% chance to bleed on crits)?

I duel wield two swords and have the earth sigil on both of them. I tested it out with two swords that dont have any sigils and I was getting the exact same stack of bleeds. I have no clue but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Cheers

in Warrior

Posted by: Tracker Wolf.2587

Tracker Wolf.2587

Berserker’s Power : it DOES increase damage exactly as described, but doesn’t indicate so in any way. Already tested this.

Sure-footed (defense line): Doesn’t increase Endure Pain or Balanced Stance duration

Will test Empowered and get back to you.
Heightened Focus would take a LONG time and far too many note-taking for me to be willing to test, so sorry about that one.

edit1:
Just tested Empowered, it DOES work but DOESNT work with the Stability boon.
Tested it with the Warhorn (swiftness and vigor), and the damage did increase per boon.
If anyone is interested in numbers, here they are:
No boons (axe hit1 / hit 2 / hit 3)
43 / 49 / 50
1 boon
44 / 47 / 50
2 boons
45 / 48 / 51
edit:
In case anyone is wondering how I am testing this.
I go to the heart of the mists, get the char naked except for a Steady weapon (axe, normaly), configure the trait I want to test and hit the medium armor golem.
Axe hit1, hit2, hit3 means the damage on the first, second and third skill on the axe #1 chain.

edit2:
Battle Standard (elite skill) doesn’t re-apply stability, only fury and might, for the duration of the banner.

Further tests with Endure Pain and Sure-footed:
With sure-footed: Endure Pain lasts 5s
Without, Endure Pain last a bit more than 3s

Sure-footed does not affect Balanced Stance in any way.

(edited by Tracker Wolf.2587)

in Warrior

Posted by: Boroming.8093

Boroming.8093

• Main Hand Sword – Savage Leap:
    “Lunge at your foe, striking them with your sword (range:600)”
    —Unable to damage targets which are at lower elevations (Z-axis) than the Warrior due to leaping at a point above the target’s head.*

_______
Same problem with hammer burst
_______

• Discipline pt.#15 – Fast Hands :
    “Weapon swapping recharges 5 seconds faster.”
    — Does not always provide a reduced swap cooldown. The initial weapon swap receives no cooldown reduction.*

______
in addition this actually give you a 5 sec swap OUT of combat sometime
______

and maybe it was lag or whatever but yesterday (after the patch) in WvW a couple of time i cannot get free of immobilize with whirlwind and mobile strike (X from Discipline)

in Warrior

Qbert.4197

I have updated the list with some of the bugs mentioned while not yet adding some until further testing can confirm them. Also I have removed a few that I have tested further

Good idea!

Sure-Footed: seems to effect Frenzy (~5 seconds) and Berserker Stance (10 seconds), but not Endure Pain (4 seconds) .

This is not a bug with Sure-Footed but rather a bug with Endure Pain not lasting 5 seconds as a base ability.

in Warrior

Posted by: Geo.6432

Geo.6432

On Vengeance:

Multiple times I’ve used this spell and then died. When I waypoint back, I die again. Not confirmed if it has actually counted as two deaths (perhaps someone else can confirm this) but very annoying when trying to rush back to a Boss in a dungeon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vehementi.1094

Vehementi.1094

The +crit chance on adrenaline works as I’ve verified experimentally.

Ignore pain lasts 5 seconds, this is easy to check. Please be more rigorous in your bug list if you want to be taken seriously!

in Warrior

Posted by: Abapolo.4179

Abapolo.4179

reviver’s might, 3rd fixed trait skill in tactics, has a mesmer icon. all fixed trait skill should have the corresponding profession icon, right?

one thing i noticed.
if u activate frenzy right after hundred blades (even almost at the same time), the quickness won’t apply to this skill. frenzy wont apply in a skill being played.
ok ok. i know what i have to do… but shouldn’t be like this, quickness should work on the skill ur already casting. also, what about the sigil that gives quickness, i never tested but maybe it has the same problem. if the sigil work in the middle of a hundread blades, nothing will happen.

(edited by Abapolo.4179)

in Warrior

Qbert.4197

The +crit chance on adrenaline works as I’ve verified experimentally.

Ignore pain lasts 5 seconds, this is easy to check. Please be more rigorous in your bug list if you want to be taken seriously!

Unless there was a patch applied in the last 7 days, Endure pain most certainly does not last 5 seconds. It’s not even difficult to verify.

- Use untraited Endure Pain and you will never see the buff icon read more than 3 seconds.
- Use the “Sure Footed” trait that is supposed to increase duration by 25% (to 7.5 seconds) and you will not see the buff icon read more than 5 seconds.
- Use the Vigorous Focus trait which gives Vigor with stances and whereas with every other stance you will gain a Vigor buff equal to the duration, the Vigor boon from Endure Pain will last noticeably longer than the Endure Pain buff.

It is possible that it works correctly in spite of the buff icons, but this is difficult to test given latency and the short ~1-2 second window in which attacks need to hit to test.

Again, it is possible that they have patched this without a patch note. I have not re-tested this in ~10 days.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thoregar.2845

Thoregar.2845

Not sure if this is intended or bugged but if you spend points in the Discipline trait the Crit Damage % goes up but the burst damage % stays at 1 %.