Does ANET have plans..

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: connieboy.9840

connieboy.9840

To ever balance this class? Most damage, most CC, highest healthpool, highest armor, best mobility, better ranged class than a ranger. Or perhaps they are just going to give warriors stealth and eliminate the other classes from the game?

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

They nerfed warriors. Go away.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Sounds like you mad bro

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

No offense or anything, but a lot of the complaints that come from warriors or any class really, is usually a l2p problem in most situations.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

C’mon Setun. There has to be a reason when I click on any random character that passes me by, at least a generous 75% are warrior.

Edit: I agree CMstorm. When I face a Necro and lose its a l2p issue. Don’t understand the class at all. When I face a warrior that rolls his face across the keyboard or can range me down faster than a ranger can, its gotta be something else.

(edited by connieboy.9840)

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Setun.4368

I won’t deny that you’re right in that there’s a ton more warrior running about than there was previously, but that may also be due in part that since release warriors have been a popular class to create. Now that warriors have not only multiple builds and utlities that work well, but lots of weapon set variety on top of that, lots of people have been dusting off their warriors or making one to give them a go.

I typically see more thieves, guardians, and necros than I do warriors usually, but then again my playtime hours are scattered all over the place due to my work schedule, so I’m prob not seeing the NA prime time warrior rush.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Pain.3480

Lord Pain.3480

Everything is balanced in my opinion. Anet did great this last patch. I think its a good balance right now

Vale X

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

Lord Pain, how is a warrior regenerating health faster than I can dish out damage balanced at all? As well as having more mobility than a thief. That sure makes sense.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Setun.4368

Lord Pain, how is a warrior regenerating health faster than I can dish out damage balanced at all? As well as having more mobility than a thief. That sure makes sense.

The regen can be pretty intense if you’re just a bunker build, but as for the mobility their weapon selection / traits are usually geared around mobility, so if you see a sword + warhorn / GS warrior they’re a professional runner

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

And though I know nobody at ArenaNet will read this, and even if they did they won’t give two kittens because they have no sense of balance, I just want to add that warriors in general are about the equivalence of a thief who spams heartseeker. Annoying how a class can use one skill that hits for an upward of 4k each time, highly spammable (seriously, most the thieves I meet don’t even use their other skills), lock-on gap closer, yet ArenaNet sees no problem with this.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

No one from Anet will listen to you Connie because you don’t know what you’re talking about. Any of a warriors high damage skills are easily telegraphed. And unlike a thief they can’t attack you from an invis state. Warriors got a pretty big nerf last patch, why are whiny little kids like you more rampant on the warrior subforums than ever before?
They’re easy to play, but just as easy to counter. A good warrior will probably own your face in, but a good warrior will still lose to a good mesmer.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

No one from Anet will listen to you Connie because you don’t know what you’re talking about. Any of a warriors high damage skills are easily telegraphed. And unlike a thief they can’t attack you from an invis state. Warriors got a pretty big nerf last patch, why are whiny little kids like you more rampant on the warrior subforums than ever before?
They’re easy to play, but just as easy to counter. A good warrior will probably own your face in, but a good warrior will still lose to a good mesmer.

Correction: A warrior is roughly as good as a PU condition mesmer, which coincidentally has the same low risk/high reward going for it. To be fair though, one of the characters I play frequently is a mesmer (definitely not condi PU, I would never forgive myself if I played something that easy), and I can usually pick out the real one immediately.

Some tips: they give away their position every time they dodge or cast clones/phantasms, even in stealth, because the vast majority of these spawn next to them, and in the case of dodging, on top of them. It also helps to use your environment, as clone A.I. sucks, and the clones won’t follow you down the slightest drop, so jumping up and down a ledge basically renders all melee clones useless. If you can LoS while doing it the ranged illusions will attempt to take the shortest path to reach you, around rocks and stuff, making them pretty much useless as well.
I had some fun times earlier today on skyhammer trolling one by using the jump pads.

I have a much harder time with, well, pretty much any warrior except one that just sits still and takes it, or tries to 2v1.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

They have mobility with one weapon – the GS. Which gives you no CC.
Also if you can’t deal enough damage to kill a regen war then you need to rethink your approach – take a look at your build – and ask yourself " Why is my build bad? "

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Xylith.4873

Xylith.4873

Correction: A warrior is roughly as good as a PU condition mesmer, which coincidentally has the same low risk/high reward going for it. To be fair though, one of the characters I play frequently is a mesmer (definitely not condi PU, I would never forgive myself if I played something that easy), and I can usually pick out the real one immediately.

Some tips: they give away their position every time they dodge or cast clones/phantasms, even in stealth, because the vast majority of these spawn next to them, and in the case of dodging, on top of them. It also helps to use your environment, as clone A.I. sucks, and the clones won’t follow you down the slightest drop, so jumping up and down a ledge basically renders all melee clones useless. If you can LoS while doing it the ranged illusions will attempt to take the shortest path to reach you, around rocks and stuff, making them pretty much useless as well.
I had some fun times earlier today on skyhammer trolling one by using the jump pads.

I have a much harder time with, well, pretty much any warrior except one that just sits still and takes it, or tries to 2v1.

So while you’re running the illusions round, a good mesmer has probably buggered off and is capping a point while you’re distracted. Mesmer are by far the hardest class to fight in a 1 on 1 situation. You say “trolling one” are you sure ?

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Medens.4960

Medens.4960

It’s more like Warrior is balanced, but the other classes are less balanced.
Warrior needs it’s damage to have a purpose in the game. Ever seen a warrior in movies/other games that doesn’t fight like a beast?
Warrior needs it’s high health in order to survive. Along with thief,s who have stealth, they’re upfront most of the time. That’s what they’re supposed to do.
And warrior armor is pretty obvious. A warrior with leather/cotton clothes is just a farce.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Swimfan.8014

Swimfan.8014

Hm nah seriously, every second random guy running by being Warrior sure means something, right?! :P Even the Arenanet Staff often run around as Warriors …

@Medens
Sure, dmg is fine and HP as well but what bugs me the most is the ability to dish out so freaking well with a range weapon such as the longbow … that’s insane.
For example: Guardian (who is doing fine as well) has to sacrifice range combat for his advantages (scepter can hardly be called “effective”) – Warriors have NO shortcomings. Like mentioned above: Good health, good dmg, good range, good armor …. no downside?! See that’s why some refer to them as op and unbalanced Nothing else.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

warrior was meant to be played as a weapon master. therefore it would be unlogical if it was ’’weaker’’ as a ranged weapon user. Ranged weapon war are just defrent build. The way the game should be played ALL weapon should be on equal therm, you said the guardian sacrifice its range for good melee dps what you fail to realise is if spirit weaponry was actualy any decent scepter would become a somewhat deadly ranged build not to mention that its aoe still do a good amount of damage. I see a lot of guardian in SPVP using scepters and it actualy work.

Now now All weapon on ranger should actualy be equal in therm of effectiveness but ranger is so broken down on both damage and AI (the pet needs to be tweaked up) that they have to work treasure of creativity to even make a build viable to begin with.
scepter: conditionmancer Staff: bunker/mm Axe: soul reaper Dagger: soul reaper/ vampire

Necromancer weapon use is prety much balanced, every weapon has its own build.

Ele weapons are all balanced youl see as many staff ele as D/D S/D ele around, Focus is fine in pve

Mesmer use all their weapon depending on the build and situation (ive not seen that many scepter mesmers but there are a few)

Engy simply put suck at using their weapon… most player always use them with kits and rarely with a flamethrower, its utherly sad for a class wich had so much potential for firearms.

Thief: if pistol pistol was any better wed see a lot more ranged thief around the place. I started playing as a thief to have fun with dual pistol but it quickly became clear the weapon didnt actualy had a place as a damage weapon. Pistol bleed stack to slowly and the physical damage it does is somewhat jokish your better off dual wielding dagger or using a bow

The problem isnt warrior behing unbalanced masterfuly using all the weapons but the other class having problem using their weapon list because of the current skill instability. The moment every class will be able to use all their weapon in a build well see a rise in new build possibility the same way we did in guild wars 1 many actual pvp build. (i ran several strange stuff in guild wars 1 from nightmare weapon hundred blade ritualist who endlessly block to scepter beastmasters in faction and even an actual smiting assasin monk build this game needs to start openning its variation)

warrior doesnt actualy need a downside, its the other class that need to be upped up

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

P Fun Daddy.1208

So while you’re running the illusions round, a good mesmer has probably buggered off and is capping a point while you’re distracted. Mesmer are by far the hardest class to fight in a 1 on 1 situation. You say “trolling one” are you sure ?

Yes because, as I said earlier, it is actually fairly easy to pick them out if you know what you’re looking for. So the dude is eventually forced to a) disengage from the fight with all of his poor illusions trying to figure out what to do, and you can then choose to keep pressure or do the same and guard another point , or b) chase you to try to get the kill, at which point you have a mesmer who for the briefest moment has no clones, and you can bash his face in.
If I can do this as a D/D elementalist, please don’t try to tell me that a warrior can’t.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Warrior’s Hammer build was nerfed, and for good reason. It can still be played, but sacrifices or trait work around are a must to play it. Most people hate GS, and Killshot rifle is being whined about now even though the only reason you should ever die from it is in a group fight, and that’s just a given. In a 1v1 it’s NBD. How many nerfs is it gonna take to satisfy people?

Gates of Madness

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Yes because, as I said earlier, it is actually fairly easy to pick them out if you know what you’re looking for. So the dude is eventually forced to a) disengage from the fight with all of his poor illusions trying to figure out what to do, and you can then choose to keep pressure or do the same and guard another point , or b) chase you to try to get the kill, at which point you have a mesmer who for the briefest moment has no clones, and you can bash his face in.
If I can do this as a D/D elementalist, please don’t try to tell me that a warrior can’t.

Who cares if you can spot the mesmer? They have an endless supply of stunbreakers, and any good mesmer is going to dodge our easily telegraphed CC’s. Meanwhile, the warrior is running around trying to lock down the real mesmer while he has 3 or 4 mesmers beating down on him or shattering in his face. And lets not forget their access to invis for the situations they will probably never be in while 1v1’ing a warrior. Mesmers can mitigate a ton of damage by doing this while a warrior is forced to takes it all to the face, and if you think a warriors passive regen is going to keep them from whittling us down over time, you’re wrong. And that’s assuming we dodge all of their less-telegraphed bursts, which can virtually 2 or 3 shot you.

A level 10 uplvl mesmer owning people in 1v1 and almost wins some 2v1’s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5xCNgVNgs

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

P Fun Daddy.1208

Who cares if you can spot the mesmer? They have an endless supply of stunbreakers, and any good mesmer is going to dodge our easily telegraphed CC’s. Meanwhile, the warrior is running around trying to lock down the real mesmer while he has 3 or 4 mesmers beating down on him or shattering in his face. And lets not forget their access to invis for the situations they will probably never be in while 1v1’ing a warrior. Mesmers can mitigate a ton of damage by doing this while a warrior is forced to takes it all to the face, and if you think a warriors passive regen is going to keep them from whittling us down over time, you’re wrong. And that’s assuming we dodge all of their less-telegraphed bursts, which can virtually 2 or 3 shot you.

A level 10 uplvl mesmer owning people in 1v1 and almost wins some 2v1’s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5xCNgVNgs

I have so little sympathy for this. I’m not denying that PU mesmers have a lot going for them, like being able to horribly violate anyone not familiar with their mechanics, but frankly warriors have stuff that put them pretty high up there as well.

Also, did you SEE how bad those people were? Sitting still, strafing while under homing fire from clones, attacking and blowing cooldowns on clones…
It’s like saying Rangers are overpowered and then showing a video of someone attacking a pet while the Ranger shoots them to death.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

P Fun Daddy.1208

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixNwGVDOb4&list=PL_tvolwEnBwTwGF1IKeI7QLRaNLsqvsXm&index=5
There’s a link to these for every class in the description for the video you posted.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

warrior was meant to be played as a weapon master. therefore it would be unlogical if it was ’’weaker’’ as a ranged weapon user. Ranged weapon war are just defrent build. The way the game should be played ALL weapon should be on equal therm, you said the guardian sacrifice its range for good melee dps what you fail to realise is if spirit weaponry was actualy any decent scepter would become a somewhat deadly ranged build not to mention that its aoe still do a good amount of damage. I see a lot of guardian in SPVP using scepters and it actualy work.

Wait… did you basically just say that weapons were only created and can be put to full use by warrior?

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Purifer.3946

Purifer.3946

There’s always someone that goes in other classes’ forum to complain.
Better ask for advice instead.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

I see mesmers….mesmers everywhere in WvW.

Since last patch condi mesmers are coming out of the ground like shrooms in WvW. Warriors are dissapearing.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Warriors now have the new meta aswell, CONDI SPIKE

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Then stop running 30 in the defensive trees and armor that gives 0 power. This is a problem of how you’re playing not how warriors are.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixNwGVDOb4&list=PL_tvolwEnBwTwGF1IKeI7QLRaNLsqvsXm&index=5
There’s a link to these for every class in the description for the video you posted.

The fact that every class is capable of this speaks words on its own. If you’re a good player you can make sue out of a harder to play class. Just ebcause a warrior is easy to play does not make it overpowered. It gives an advantage when two average players are fighting each other.

And the funny thing is, people complain about healing signet but warriors are one of the easiest classes for me to take down (as a warrior) — Healing signet is completely shut down by the condition build that I use. Most still run hammer and the damage is pathetic.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

The fact that every class is capable of this speaks words on its own. If you’re a good player you can make sue out of a harder to play class. Just ebcause a warrior is easy to play does not make it overpowered. It gives an advantage when two average players are fighting each other.

And the funny thing is, people complain about healing signet but warriors are one of the easiest classes for me to take down (as a warrior) — Healing signet is completely shut down by the condition build that I use. Most still run hammer and the damage is pathetic.

My whole team was against two warriors today on a point in a pvp match. 5vs2. Warriors were regenerating so hard yet were still able to put out so much damage they downed our entire team without us even getting one down (team even called target, so we had focus). Regenerating beyond all the damage we put out (we even had a condi necro (which brings up another point, Warriors even get a fear, which is unbelievable)).

Your move.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

Warrior needs it’s damage to have a purpose in the game. Ever seen a warrior in movies/other games that doesn’t fight like a beast?
Warrior needs it’s high health in order to survive. Along with thief,s who have stealth, they’re upfront most of the time. That’s what they’re supposed to do.
And warrior armor is pretty obvious. A warrior with leather/cotton clothes is just a farce.

So you are saying warrior’s need both high health and high armor to survive, but other classes have to trade off one or the other? Engineer has decent HP pool, but has to trade off for leather armor (shield quite doesnt make up for the difference, and not everybody runs shield). Thief – lowest HP pool, again leather armor, and please don’t argue that stealth makes up for this, because any form of AOE should be enough to deter, if not down, a thief that just went invis.

I could go on with this for the other classes, but its hard to argue against the fact that warriors have a low-to-no-risk (highest hp, highest armor) high-reward (insane damage, insane regeneration) aspect to them that just quite doesn’t make sense. Any other class has to trade off their damage to achieve a bunker build. Warrior just seems able to do it all.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

No offense or anything, but a lot of the complaints that come from warriors or any class really, is usually a l2p problem in most situations.

Like being able to stay on point while Combustive Shot’s radius covers the entire thing every 10-15 seconds, or being able to shut down warrior’s healing by keeping perma poison on him with my guardian.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

My whole team was against two warriors today on a point in a pvp match. 5vs2. Warriors were regenerating so hard yet were still able to put out so much damage they downed our entire team without us even getting one down (team even called target, so we had focus). Regenerating beyond all the damage we put out (we even had a condi necro (which brings up another point, Warriors even get a fear, which is unbelievable)).

Your move.

You and the rest of your team is just really bad? This isn’t a game of chess honestly, skilled players have been able to demolish with each and every class. It’s not unusual to see Youtube videos of Mesmers or Necros taking on 3v1 or 4v1 and winning. I can supply the video if you don’t believe me. This is in a similar vein to how two warriors beat the 5 of you. You were outplayed. Thrashed, trashed, dumpstered.

And me personally? I beat most warriors with relative ease, yet when I’m focused on in a 2v1 situation, I rarely win in Spvp, if I want to keep the point that is.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: doc phil.8015

doc phil.8015

Your move.

ehm to exaggerae doesn’t help-just learn 2 play.I’d say I’m really good with my warrior but i can still lose against a good mesmer or thief.and this is how it should be.if someone’s good there is no shame in losing.you probably just don’t know what you’re doing

Dzagonur Warrior
Dochil [GDA]

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Harper.4173

So you are saying warrior’s need both high health and high armor to survive, but other classes have to trade off one or the other? Engineer has decent HP pool, but has to trade off for leather armor (shield quite doesnt make up for the difference, and not everybody runs shield). Thief – lowest HP pool, again leather armor, and please don’t argue that stealth makes up for this, because any form of AOE should be enough to deter, if not down, a thief that just went invis.

I could go on with this for the other classes, but its hard to argue against the fact that warriors have a low-to-no-risk (highest hp, highest armor) high-reward (insane damage, insane regeneration) aspect to them that just quite doesn’t make sense. Any other class has to trade off their damage to achieve a bunker build. Warrior just seems able to do it all.

You forgot a few parts.
Warriors don’t get : Clones ,Invisibility, reflects, protection. That’s why we have high armor and high HP. Because we can’t mitigate as well as other classes.

An invis thief can stealth up and you have no idea where he is.
Mesmers spam so many clones that it’s insane.
Guardians have access to protection and reflects.
Engis just drop tons of stuff all the time.

You lack proper understanding of how things are – in a game where every class has a gimmick mechanic the one class that doesn’t needs to have something to make up for it.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Your move.

Assuming we take your word for it – and this isn’t just something you made up in order to justify your exaggerated claims ( you could provide actual evidence – but why do that?) I think it’s safe to say that if you lost 5 vs 2 your team was terribly bad. And would have probably lost to whatever else.

No matter how OP or un-OP a class is – you don’t lose a 5 vs 2 unless those 5 are completely clueless and very slow/bad.

You can say " I lost a 2 v 1 because a class is OP. Or maybe a 3 vs 2. But a 5 vs 2 is just ridiculous. You’re making a ridiculous claim ( without any proof) and expect to be taken seriously? Nobody loses a 5 v 2 by playing well. Nobody.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

You forgot a few parts.
Warriors don’t get : Clones ,Invisibility, reflects, protection. That’s why we have high armor and high HP. Because we can’t mitigate as well as other classes.

An invis thief can stealth up and you have no idea where he is.
Mesmers spam so many clones that it’s insane.
Guardians have access to protection and reflects.
Engis just drop tons of stuff all the time.

You lack proper understanding of how things are – in a game where every class has a gimmick mechanic the one class that doesn’t needs to have something to make up for it.

Besides the fact that Mesmer clones are extremely easy to kill and tell apart from the caster, and “Engis just drop tons of stuff all the time” is hardly a valid sentence, let alone valid argument, Warrior’s have tons of mitigation through their regeneration, Shield Stance, Endure Pain, etc.
As for the other junk you wrote, thief “stealthing up and you having no idea where he is” is not quite game changing. He isn’t able to defend nodes stealth, if he attacks it reveals him, there from which it will take any warrior with half a brain one second to spam the multiple forms of CC at their disposal, effectively either killing the thief or at least rendering him unable to reapply stealth. Although even the most glass cannon thief will be hard-pressed to even put a dent into an average warrior (albeit the idiot warriors that run full berserk) , and even then the warrior will most likely have regenerated the HP while the thief is in the process of waiting for stealth timer to wear off, reapply stealth, and position for another backstab.

Every class has a gimmick mechanic, so warrior needs to have compensation? I take it by your overly defensive attitude that you play warrior.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Firstly, I am a thief, secondly this is not a qq or complaint just a matter of fact. I run mostly in spvp and for the most part the classes are balanced. I’ve seen a few posts on here stating that thieves have stealth and that’s their defense. A warrior has high armor and hp. Yes you can still see the warrior but with the hp and armor it doesn’t really matter. And for the thief’s stealthy defense just AOE them and randomly swing your weapons around and stealth isn’t as defensive as you think. Stealth is a thieves class gimmick that is their get out of trouble ability. Sometimes its effective, sometimes not so much.

A question for you warriors here, What does a thief to better than a warrior? I used to think it was mobility but after having a warrior out run me the other day maybe I was wrong.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Although even the most glass cannon thief will be hard-pressed to even put a dent into an average warrior (albeit the idiot warriors that run full berserk) , and even then the warrior will most likely have regenerated the HP while the thief is in the process of waiting for stealth timer to wear off, reapply stealth, and position for another backstab.

Every class has a gimmick mechanic, so warrior needs to have compensation? I take it by your overly defensive attitude that you play warrior.

I do play warrior, yes- and you clearly have no idea how a full glass thief can dent the average warrior. Even in full knights – a glass thief can 3 hit me easy. 3 hit.
And he can spam blinds to make sure I can’t throw my " tons of cc " at him while he does it.

You clearly don’t understand how this game works. Mesmer clones aren’t " easy " since you have to split your effort between killing them or killing the mesmer.
Same goes with engi – he throws turrets – you’re stuck either fighting him or them.

And you didn’t even bring up guardian – a class that surpasses warrior greatly when it comes to passive regen and damage mitigation.

Also unlike other classes ( engi / guardian / ele ) warriors have no true invulnerabiliy. Endure Pain and Shield stance do NOTHING against conditions. Which other classes will spam at you greatly.

The bottom line is you haven’t played warrior , have no idea how it works – where it’s good, where it’s bad and how to counter it. You’re just ranting and pointing a finger saying " nerf omg".

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Another QQ thread…It is simply a learn to play issue, so please stop and actually start playing the game. I know, i know man.. gs, sword/shield, hammer, mace/mace, longbow, axe with 15 utility slots and 30/30/30/30/30 build ftw

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

You clearly don’t understand how this game works. Mesmer clones aren’t " easy " since you have to split your effort between killing them or killing the mesmer.
Same goes with engi – he throws turrets – you’re stuck either fighting him or them.

Well for one, I stated that Mesmer clones were 1) Easy to kill and 2) Easy to tell apart from the caster. I suppose if you are idiotic enough to waste your time running around playing whack-a-mole with the Mesmer clones, you could have a pretty tough endeavor on your hands. Personally, I watch for the subtle giveaways and go after the real Mesmer. To each their own.

And Engineer. I actually LOL’ed at that. I would love to play against the Engineers that you are that are using the entirety of their utility slots for turrets. They are admittedly (after Ranger pets) the second worst mechanic in the game. Turrets currently don’t scale with stats, are EXTREMELY easy to kill, and once the breeze rolls through and knocks them over you are left with an Engineer with very little options.

As far as Guardian, I have no qualms with them. They can bunker… so what. They aren’t dealing unbelievable damage while doing so.

Listen to Luto. Its frustrating when thief is advertised as king of mobility, when in actuality chasing a warrior is futile. You will never catch him, and he will regenerate to full while you try. But also if we are speaking by your logic of “every class has their gimmick” to make up for armor/HP differences, Warrior gets heavy armor, and should be burdened by it. They should move slower than a Thief in leather armor, when “mobility” is supposedly the thief’s “gimmick.”

Also, please stop with your dead-end “You just don’t understand how things are and how this game works” arguments.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Are you joking?

Apart from being easy to kill, clones are usually able to be countered by one of 123048176234 different tactics that you can use against them, going anywhere from AoE, to killing clones while a mesmer is stealthed, or- most often- simply just not killing the clones because they don’t do that much damage anyways (unless we’re talking about a phanta mesmer, which is a different story altogether, although still relatively easy to deal with). If you’re really having such a difficult time debating whether to kill a mesmer or kill its clones, then you honestly need to just play a mesmer and find out for yourself. Otherwise, you’re just being dishonest.

As for turrets… Honestly man, just AoE or cleave. They’re completely immobile, and they tend not to do that much anyways. In sPvP, they’re practically worthless.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Warriors aren’t as overpowered as most people make them out to be, but they are definitely at the top of the food chain right now, and they are a very easy class to learn so it just makes the issue worse.

It starts with their extremely efficient traits. Where another class might have +20% bleed duration, the warrior gets +50%. Where other classes get -20% cooldown on a skill, the warrior gets -20% cooldowns AND something else like might on crit or whatever. Where other classes must sacrifice a utility slot or an entire rune set for movement speed increase, the warrior need only spend 10 trait points. Warriors have 5 sec cd on weapon swaps, everyone else = 10.

Its just that Warriors are so polished. It is kind of easy to tell that more time was taken making sure the class was finished properly than some of the other professions.

As far as Healing Signet goes, I’m not entirely sure it needs a nerf. I get that Warriors sacrifice a burst heal for it, and I know how to counter it. But the problem comes from Healing Sig + Passive Adrenalin Healing + Perma Regen Boon + high armor, etc. The amount of brainless passive healing available to Warriors is just crazy. When you add in blocks, immunes, it just seems OP to most people.

If I had to choose anything to nerf for Warriors I would actually go with sword/GS mobility. I find it absolutely game breaking that a Heavy armor class can outrun not only every other class in the game, but the MAGE class as well. It doesnt matter if you have to “trait” for it(you really dont other than breaking roots), it is still crazy imbalanced.

I think Warrior damage is fine, I think their tankiness is fine, and I think their stuns are fine as well. I just dont think being able to have a guaranteed escape skill on top of this is balanced in the slightest.

Squishy classes like Ele’s and Thieves should be highly mobile, not tanks.

I do play a Warrior at 80, usually with either GS/LB or GS/Mace/Shield, and I just feel dirty powerful compared to my Thief or Necro(who both have to make sacrifices in order to gain either high damage or high survival).

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Well for one, I stated that Mesmer clones were 1) Easy to kill and 2) Easy to tell apart from the caster. I suppose if you are idiotic enough to waste your time running around playing whack-a-mole with the Mesmer clones, you could have a pretty tough endeavor on your hands. Personally, I watch for the subtle giveaways and go after the real Mesmer. To each their own.

And Engineer. I actually LOL’ed at that. I would love to play against the Engineers that you are that are using the entirety of their utility slots for turrets. They are admittedly (after Ranger pets) the second worst mechanic in the game. Turrets currently don’t scale with stats, are EXTREMELY easy to kill, and once the breeze rolls through and knocks them over you are left with an Engineer with very little options.

As far as Guardian, I have no qualms with them. They can bunker… so what. They aren’t dealing unbelievable damage while doing so.

Listen to Luto. Its frustrating when thief is advertised as king of mobility, when in actuality chasing a warrior is futile. You will never catch him, and he will regenerate to full while you try. But also if we are speaking by your logic of “every class has their gimmick” to make up for armor/HP differences, Warrior gets heavy armor, and should be burdened by it. They should move slower than a Thief in leather armor, when “mobility” is supposedly the thief’s “gimmick.”

Also, please stop with your dead-end “You just don’t understand how things are and how this game works” arguments.

I was hoping that youtube video was going to be the one where you got thrashed 5v2 by some warriors. Disappointed.

Any of you whiners out there trying to tell me Mesmers are handicapt against a warrior 1v1, I’m willing to meet you in some pvp. I’ll play a mesmer, you play the “OP” warrior and we’ll see what transpires. Send me whisper or a friend request.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Fighting the mesmer and not the clones means his damage is being dealt to you WHILE you are trying to catch him. That’s why the mechanic is strong. Same with Engi.

Also – regarding guardian – a guardian can outdamage a warrior and still has access to protection and retaliation more easily. So he can invest less into bunkering and have a default 33% damage reduction.

Luto there has two things on warriors : easily deliverable spike damage ( higher than you can output as a war and more spammable) and more mobility coupled with stealth giving more effective harass options.
And no – just because GS can make you run in a straight line with skill 5 and you can use skill 3 to move around doesn’t necessarily mean you have better mobility. Since you have little control over it skill 5 can only be used to engage/disengage but WHILE in a fight it’s not of much use.

Also – this is taken off the official site where each class is described :

“Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle” – SPEED. Nowhere did Anet intend for warriors to be slow and burdened by heavy armor. This is a class designed to move fast, hit hard and take hits. In return for this they lose the ability to mitigate damage having no access to invis, protection, blinks, blinds and whatnot.

@Stx – if you feel other classes are underpowered and unpolished then threads should be made and suggestions should be offered to buff them up – but that doesn’t mean warrior should be broken.

Regarding GS mobility – in my opinion it is fine. Sure – you get a lot of mobility – but as it is now with GS your F1 skill is useless. Your number two skill (100b) roots you in place – so yes- you get to move around a lot but doing the damage is actually hard.
Autoattacks are pretty bad too. For a weapon with NO cc – there should be some advantage.
Yes – it has damage – damage that roots you in place. ( I’m not saying that 100b needs to be reworked ) I’m pointing out the trade-offs.

@Kagamiku. – he never will post that – because making things up to support your point of view is the norm around here.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Stx.4857

You make good points and I do not disagree with you. I am just frustrated by many personal experiences on my Necro where a warrior can literally retreat whenever he wants by GS 3 away from me, then GS 5 out of range. Both of these remove any roots or slows I may be tagging him with.

I do not expect the entire rebalancing of warrior GS or anything to be done really, but I am just tired of games where the tanky heavy armor class can outrun cloth and leather classes. It makes no sense at all to me.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

You make good points and I do not disagree with you. I am just frustrated by many personal experiences on my Necro where a warrior can literally retreat whenever he wants by GS 3 away from me, then GS 5 out of range. Both of these remove any roots or slows I may be tagging him with.

The GS itself does not remove roots/immobilize/slows.

Mobile Strike is a trait that removes immobilize when using a movement skill and there is a lot of condition removal utilities, but the GS doesn’t do any of that on its own.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Stx.4857

The GS itself does not remove roots/immobilize/slows.

Mobile Strike is a trait that removes immobilize when using a movement skill and there is a lot of condition removal utilities, but the GS doesn’t do any of that on its own.

I know.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

Harper.4173

I do not expect the entire rebalancing of warrior GS or anything to be done really, but I am just tired of games where the tanky heavy armor class can outrun cloth and leather classes. It makes no sense at all to me.

Because he has traited to remove those. It isn’t free – the skills by themselves don’t do that.
Thieves can also stealth and escape, mesmers can blink, eles can do the same.

Necro is pretty decent at mobility but you can’t expect to be good at everything. A warrior that has a GS on cannot CC that much, so he’s trading that off for the mobility. Also if he’s running away you’ve won that fight. You’ve achieved what you wanted to achieve – if sPVP you’ve won the point, if WvW you’ve driven him off.

Victory =/= kill.

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

P Fun Daddy.1208

Also – this is taken off the official site where each class is described :

“Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle” – SPEED. Nowhere did Anet intend for warriors to be slow and burdened by heavy armor. This is a class designed to move fast, hit hard and take hits. In return for this they lose the ability to mitigate damage having no access to invis, protection, blinks, blinds and whatnot.

You mean forms of damage mitigation like endure pain, doylak signet, berserker stance, and tons of passive healing?

Does ANET have plans..

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

Because he has traited to remove those. It isn’t free – the skills by themselves don’t do that.
Thieves can also stealth and escape, mesmers can blink, eles can do the same.

Necro is pretty decent at mobility but you can’t expect to be good at everything. A warrior that has a GS on cannot CC that much, so he’s trading that off for the mobility. Also if he’s running away you’ve won that fight. You’ve achieved what you wanted to achieve – if sPVP you’ve won the point, if WvW you’ve driven him off.

Victory =/= kill.

Sorry it took me a while to reply, but I had better things to do than to reply to someone who lost their credibility when they said Engineer’s turrets were tough to deal with. Anyways, here is a video I took of a PvP match where a naked Warrior (yes, NAKED Warrior), was still able to outlive my damage as a fully decked out thief. Apologies for how terrible the video quality is, and also don’t bother commenting about how I was just playing terrible. I had to scramble to get my phone to record it with, and then I had to play with one hand holding my phone up and on on my mouse, so I pretty much could only stand there. However the video does serve its purpose in that I am hitting the warrior multiple times for 2-4k, and not only is it BARELY doing a dent to his HP (don’t forget, he’s kittening NAKED), but he is actually able to regenerate most of the damage.