Dual Shot Speed

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The Longbow’s autoattack for both Rangers and Warriors was far too slow for its damage. A few patches ago this was fixed for the Ranger but left alone for the Warrior. While the Longbow is still good in certain situations, it’s a poor choice for a primary weapon due mostly to Dual Shot’s pitiful DPS.

Please buff it by reducing the aftercast by .25 seconds like was done with Long Range Shot. That is all.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Einlanzer.1627

I feel like this is something that needs more attention than it gets.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I’m not so much complaining about the speed, I’m more upset about the general inaccuracy of tooltips.

If a move says 3/4, it should be 3/4 from start, to completion. Instead, moves tend to be 3/4 + arbitrary animation delay + aftercast delay…. your 3/4 could easily end up being 1, or even 1 1/4.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Einlanzer.1627

I’m not so much complaining about the speed, I’m more upset about the general inaccuracy of tooltips.

If a move says 3/4, it should be 3/4 from start, to completion. Instead, moves tend to be 3/4 + arbitrary animation delay + aftercast delay…. your 3/4 could easily end up being 1, or even 1 1/4.

The actual recast speed of Dual Shot is about 1.25 seconds, which is far too slow for the damage it deals. It was the same for Long Range Shot (Ranger Longbow), until a couple of patches ago when they reduced it by .25 seconds down to 1 second, resulting in a roughly 20% DPS increase. They are further buffing the damage in the next patch in their continual attempts to iteratively balance the Longbow, but Dual Shot has so far been left alone.

This is actually an issue on several ranged weapons/classes, like the Thief’s Pistol. The fact that the AA is as weak as it is means that, while the Longbow is still very effective in highly specific situations, it’s highly ineffective as a primary weapon.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Maybe buff rifle first? Engi rifle actually getting a buff – i dont know for what, it is atm a strong wep and probably new meta in dec patch.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

dunno, I still don’t like the rifle.. volley is easy to avoid.. kill shot is way too long.
knockback often misses.. rest is meh.

I like it but its not viable in current state, im laughting everytime i take someone off with ks, also had load of fun knocking ppl off from eb keep at vista, but thats about it. Fighting other warriors in gs+rifle is a nightmare tho.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Looks like the dev is trying too split the roles of warrior weapons (pvp topic about death zerghammer) soo hammer is for cc and axe /greatsword for damage.. Wonder what longbow is because its a good dps weapon.. So why not fix the autoattack speed.. Now you cant use LB as primary weapon just because this terrible slow AA.

Blablabla..They jumped to say axe/gs (lolled here) is for dps and left it once arguments came in about how these weapons are terrible, and the fact that axe was nerfed into ground.. Its cool they want to separate weps, but many nerfs will hit us without compensate to any other weapons.

They had a lot of time to do it, 4 months without any balance changes and once it happened it was some buffs to support builds and called it a great patch lol.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

You think this is a bad ranged weapon, why dont u check out thiefs pistol auto attack. roflcopter

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Maybe buff rifle first? Engi rifle actually getting a buff – i dont know for what, it is atm a strong wep and probably new meta in dec patch.

Link please? Cannot find any changes for engi rifle in the patch preview for dec!

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

You think this is a bad ranged weapon, why dont u check out thiefs pistol auto attack. roflcopter

Well, they are saying that both are bad, and they shouldn’t be.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Link please? Cannot find any changes for engi rifle in the patch preview for dec!

“Blunderbuss. Updated the ranges on this skill so that it is at 100% effectivness with anyone in melee range. Increased range 200 units when using the trait” in first page

Also something about overcharged shot

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview-Updated-Nov-6th/page/33#post3162344

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Einlanzer.1627

Yes, the auto on Pistols and Longbows both have always been much weaker than they should be. They are improving the auto on Longbow for Rangers while Warrior Longbow, Thief and Engi Pistol remain pathetic.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

They are improving the auto on Longbow for Rangers while Warrior Longbow, Thief and Engi Pistol remain pathetic.

Actually they’re nerfing warrior longbow. Combustive shot is getting a swift kick in the jimmy on Dec 10th.

Dual Shot Speed

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

This is especially true for combustive shot. Since you can interrupt abilities with priority spam, I often interrupt f1 with 3, firing my 3 first because i thought combustive shot would have already animated…………