Dual weapons and Sigil effects.

in Warrior

Posted by: The Monk.3672

The Monk.3672

Has anyone else noticed that only the sigils on your main hand weapon seem to take effect and any sigils on a off hand weapon have a diminishing effect. I did some playing around last night. I found that if I used a +% chance sigil on both weapons only the main hand would take effect and the off hand never proced at all.

I then went on to test a different off hand sigil to the main hand and it hardly proced at all but the main hand was procing all the time.

I swapped the weapons around and love and behold the sigil that was on the off hand but now in the main hand was procing all the time and the original signil was not procing.

Do you think this was intended by Anet or just a bug. Try it for yourself and report back with your findings also.

UKCS – Desolation

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Maybe it only procs when you actually hit with the off-hand in the case of offhand axe it would then be only attacks 4 and 5? In that case it would be useful to take only non-hit-proc sigils for off hand.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

The Monk.3672

You know Tom I didn’t consider that and I think you are right. I might test it again tonight and see what happens.

UKCS – Desolation

in Warrior

The Monk.3672

I might try a stacking sigil on the off hand like the one that stacks Power up to 25 times on kill. I think that might work.

UKCS – Desolation

in Warrior

Tom Gore.4035

Those definitely do work, as they don’t proc off hits. I use sigil of luck on my MF set offhand and it registers every kill.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

The Monk.3672

Tom, I know your not Anet but do you think they intended it to work this way or its a bug?

UKCS – Desolation

in Warrior

Tom Gore.4035

Honestly no idea.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: niedawow.6725

niedawow.6725

I am running my old version of a sword&warhorn/rifle build.

Sword – Life leech
Warhorn – Hydromancy (aoe freeze on swap)
Rifle – 5% crit passive

My life leech is procing.
The aoe freeze on swap is not procing reliably, maybe in 50% of all cases.
The 5% crit I don’t even know if it does something, because it is not represented in the char sheet (ie I swap into rifle and crit chance stays the same).

So yeah, sigils need to get looked into and their effects need to be represented better. As the effects of our traits. I mean those which actualy work.

Gimpo Exitus – proud guardian

in Warrior

The Monk.3672

Below are some interesting notes I found on the GW2 wiki website. Weather any or all of these are true or are working correctly is another matter.

Notes

Sigils that hold a charge per kill cannot be stacked (i.e. +5 power per kill and +5 condition damage per kill), one or the other shows up. This applies even if you swap weapons. For example, if you had two different “On kill stacking stat bonuses” sigils on two different weapons, only the sigil of the weapon you make a kill with first will take effect. If you swap weapons and make a kill, the sigil from the second weapon will not take effect.
Charging and non charging sigils can be stacked.
Sigils that trigger on critical hits can trigger on any critical hits; the critical does not need to be scored with the associated weapon’s skills. For example, a character with an off hand weapon imbued with a Sigil of Rage can still gain quickness with a critical hit with their first three skills.
Sigils that have a chance to trigger on critical hits stack their chance percentages multiplicatively, not additively. For example, two major Sigils of Fire, which each have a 20% chance to trigger on critical hit, will have a 36% chance to trigger, not 40%.
Sigils that trigger on critical hits will not trigger on critical hits caused by mesmer illusions. It is unknown if this is true with other summons.
A single cooldown is shared by all sigils active effects cannot occur for the duration (i.e. a Sigil of Rage will prevent the activated effect of another Sigil of Battle/Strength/Air/Geomancy for 45 seconds but will not affect the passive effect of a Sigil of Smoldering/Force for the cooldown).
The weapon in the mainhand triggers active effects before the offhand.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

UKCS – Desolation

in Warrior

The Monk.3672

This would all explain why my Sigil of Rage does not work with another Sigil of Rage. Also I used Sigil of Rage with Sigil of Strengh. This also does not work.

UKCS – Desolation

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Yeah, safest bet is to use the off hand for stacking IMO. I’m assuming the fact that you can only stack one thing at a time is intended, although it would be nice of them to actually include that sort of information. So much info in this game is just totally absent.

And it’s ‘Lo and behold’ btw.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kanashi.5104

Kanashi.5104

Below are some interesting notes I found on the GW2 wiki website. Weather any or all of these are true or are working correctly is another matter.

Notes

Sigils that hold a charge per kill cannot be stacked (i.e. +5 power per kill and +5 condition damage per kill), one or the other shows up. This applies even if you swap weapons. For example, if you had two different “On kill stacking stat bonuses” sigils on two different weapons, only the sigil of the weapon you make a kill with first will take effect. If you swap weapons and make a kill, the sigil from the second weapon will not take effect.
Charging and non charging sigils can be stacked.
Sigils that trigger on critical hits can trigger on any critical hits; the critical does not need to be scored with the associated weapon’s skills. For example, a character with an off hand weapon imbued with a Sigil of Rage can still gain quickness with a critical hit with their first three skills.
Sigils that have a chance to trigger on critical hits stack their chance percentages multiplicatively, not additively. For example, two major Sigils of Fire, which each have a 20% chance to trigger on critical hit, will have a 36% chance to trigger, not 40%.
Sigils that trigger on critical hits will not trigger on critical hits caused by mesmer illusions. It is unknown if this is true with other summons.
A single cooldown is shared by all sigils active effects cannot occur for the duration (i.e. a Sigil of Rage will prevent the activated effect of another Sigil of Battle/Strength/Air/Geomancy for 45 seconds but will not affect the passive effect of a Sigil of Smoldering/Force for the cooldown).
The weapon in the mainhand triggers active effects before the offhand.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

Thanks for providing that. I didn’t know those all shared a 45 second CD with each other.

Kanashi * Iorianne * Aliza
Twitch.tv/kanashi | KanashiGD.com

in Warrior

The Monk.3672

Yes when I found out the CDs are shared I cried a little inside

UKCS – Desolation