Eles never get to whinge in our forum again

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Target happened to be afk, and I had to get way closer because he was on a hill making ground targeting difficult. You can initiate this combo from 900 range and it’s all on a knocked down opponent. Fire Grab did massive overkill but still would have been at least 10k without bolt to the heart (+20% dmg on target below 25% health).

I don’t think this combo was possible until a few patches ago when they fixed the responsiveness of stomp abilities like earthquake.

Feedback appreciated. I realize this is a very cheesy combo.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Talk about Elementalists in their sub-forum. This sub-forum is about warriors.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Casty.9743

Casty.9743

this guy suffers all survivability to to do this tho. any dps will prob hit in return for 10k at least

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

this guy suffers all survivability to to do this tho. any dps will prob hit in return for 10k at least

Hmmm, this sounds like a very familiar defense to insta-gib spec videos…

Now where have I heard it before?

:)

(That’s kind of the point of the whole thing. After suffering innumerable posts by whinging ele’s about warrior “burst” among others it’s just nice to have video proof that they can absolutely achieve the same exact kitten)

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Casty.9743

Casty.9743

cept they cant do it from 1500m =/ but i hear ya

in Warrior

Posted by: Anomander Rake.8109

Anomander Rake.8109

(That’s kind of the point of the whole thing. After suffering innumerable posts by whinging ele’s about warrior “burst” among others it’s just nice to have video proof that they can absolutely achieve the same exact kitten)

Where? Here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Instakill-rifle-still-possible

LOL some warriors are dumb.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

Where? Here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Instakill-rifle-still-possible

LOL some warriors are dumb.

Whoosh. Right over your head.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Morthis.3968

Morthis.3968

Too bad this combo hits for a ton less than the complained about combo’s and it’s a near melee range combo as well. I’ve also never seen flame grab crit for 13k personally, even as glass cannon.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

Too bad this combo hits for a ton less than the complained about combo’s and it’s a near melee range combo as well. I’ve also never seen flame grab crit for 13k personally, even as glass cannon.

25k is a “ton less”?

Hmmm, methinks your idea of a ton is a bit off.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

100% crit after attunement swap and 9 stacks of might; oh yes it does.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

I wanna join the circle jerk too! This looks like a lot of fun

Edit:

Talk about Elementalists in their sub-forum. This sub-forum is about warriors.

So it’s not like every class and their cat came here to cry how OP warriors actually are, and how noobish we are not to see it?Yep.Point taken.

(edited by Ivanov.8914)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

Actually, that combo is fairly impractical, easily countered, and in general elementalists need to sacrifice a lot more to achieve what a warrior can achieve and less.

Even fully specced for glass cannon instagib rifle, warriors are a lot tankier than Elementalists. They can throw out their combo from a lot further away, and can use Frenzy to cover for the long channel time of Kill Shot. Even without Kill shot, they still do very respectable damage with volley, and they have the luxury of doing all this from the top of a tower, which is actually practical during seiges. Thanks to piercing rifle shots, they can also take out a sufficient chunk of a zerg without exposing themselves to retalliation.

Come on, it’s not rocket science.

in Warrior

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Actually, that combo is fairly impractical, easily countered, and in general elementalists need to sacrifice a lot more to achieve what a warrior can achieve and less.

Even fully specced for glass cannon instagib rifle, warriors are a lot tankier than Elementalists. They can throw out their combo from a lot further away, and can use Frenzy to cover for the long channel time of Kill Shot. Even without Kill shot, they still do very respectable damage with volley, and they have the luxury of doing all this from the top of a tower, which is actually practical during seiges. Thanks to piercing rifle shots, they can also take out a sufficient chunk of a zerg without exposing themselves to retalliation.

And Ele can not die on siege defence.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Shooting into a zerg almost inevitably leads to that zerg just picking the person right back up, if they have any idea what they’re doing.

As far as the difference between a full glass cannon Warrior and Elementalist, my hammer sees basically no difference. If anything, weapons provide a glass cannon warrior much less utility to get away from me, while it seems like an Ele could at least do something.

But they both usually die in a Hammer rotation, so it makes no nevermind to me.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Both this and rifle burst are fairly impractical anyway, so I doubt they’ll do too much outside of WvW. War is tankier in its glass build and its ranged, but ele has better damage.

And Ele can not die on siege defence.

Say what? This is a point blank burst, it can most definitely die in siege defense.

BTW, minding linking the thread where eles were whining about about rifle burst? I’d like to take a look at it.

in Warrior

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

“whine” it’s spelled “whine.”

all you’ve done is provide some evidence that glass cannons can go boom.

the poster you quoted even said: “this guy is afk, but…”

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Warrior

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

That Ele setup is for showing off only. What makes certain burst combos OP in this game is the ease even a facerolling noob can set them up with while still having options to disengage and escape.

That doesn’t apply to what’s being used in that video. Outside of that combo the guy is 100% useless and helpless if attacked.

in Warrior

Lifelike.5862

That elementalist combo also puts almost literally every option he has on cooldown. He’s blown his condition removal, teleport , all his utilities, isn’t specced for healing, making his water attunement a no-go, and the only escape he has after performing that combo is Ride the Lightning, which is just as likely to get stuck on a nearby target, making the entire escape plan at point blank range a bust.

in Warrior

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

HAhahahaha.
A warrior saying someone’s else spike, even when the spec he ran is literally only that spike, is comparable to a dps warrior’s…
What a silly man.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

Wow, apparently the blatant warrior hate is so strong the entire point just went right over peoples heads anyways.

Spelled out:
Ya’ll are constantly pointing to some video of an entirely glass cannon spec warrior going boom on some noob with HB, blowing 3 utilities to do so and having no sustainability after he blows his wad. “OMG OP NARF NARF!”

Point out a video of an engi specc’ing completely glass, blowing people up in the same or less time using toolbelt skills from 900 range or so. “Meh, it’s FIIINE. Doesn’t compare noob”.

ok… fine

Video of a thief doing the exa-mug>cnd>bs>hs>dies “You didn’t see kitten”

ok…

Video of an ele speccing glass, burning 3 utilities and being a sitting duck after unloading on a kitten for 23k in 2 seconds. Basically the same kitten thing. “IT’S FINE! NOT THE SAME! WARRIORS NARF NARF!”

At this point…. kitten it.

Go eat some paint chips.

“whine” it’s spelled “whine.”

whinge
intransitive verb \?hwinj, ?winj\
whingedwhing·ing or whinge·ing
Definition of WHINGE
British
: to complain fretfully : whine
— whinge noun, British
Examples of WHINGE

Quit whinging and get on with the job.
People were whinging about the lack of service.

Origin of WHINGE
Middle English *whingen, from Old English hwinsian; akin to Old High German wins?n to moan
First Known Use: 12th century
Related to WHINGE
Synonyms: beef, bellyache, kitten, bleat, carp, caterwaul, crab, croak, fuss, gripe, grizzle, grouch, grouse, growl, grumble, grump, holler, inveigh, keen, kick, kvetch, maunder [chiefly British], moan, murmur, mutter, nag, repine, scream, squawk, squeal, wail, whimper, whine, complain [British], yammer, yawp (or yaup), yowl

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

(edited by Braxxus.2904)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

That video was just me messing around. It is completely impractical simply because it lacks points in arcana which we’re pigeonholed into. Here’s a video of me using a similar combo with my hot join glass cannon build 20 30 0 0 20/scholar/zerker. It’s against a warrior so it is relevant to this subforum (sort of).

(edited by Cosmic Teapot.9162)

in Warrior

Lifelike.5862

All of those classes you just listed have much lower natural defense modifiers than a warrior. Even if a warrior builds glass, he’s still got 20,000+ HP.

Also, Engineers and Elementalists can’t swap weapons. Ele’s need to put most of their skills on cooldown to do this. Warriors need to put 1 skill and some utilities on cooldown. What’s stopping you from switching to that sword/warhorn and running away with your perma-swiftness as soon as people figure out where the sniper shot came from?

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

All of those classes you just listed have much lower natural defense modifiers than a warrior. Even if a warrior builds glass, he’s still got 20,000+ HP.

And zero utility. kitten HP? 20k hp just got melted in the video in 2 seconds. Big help that HP was. /eyeroll

Opposed to all the standard utility baked into the basic class itself with ele/thief/mesmer/etc…

The anti-warrior machine just keeps churning.

Also, Engineers and Elementalists can’t swap weapons.

Dude, they get to swap them more than a warrior, ele’s for sure, engi’s depending on build. You realize ele’s essentially get 4 weapons to swap to standard, that’s essentially what attunements are in functionality: Different weapon sets.

What’s stopping you from switching to that sword/warhorn and running away with your perma-swiftness as soon as people figure out where the sniper shot came from?

Perma swiftness, which ele’s have access to innately, engi’s have access to, thieves as well, etc. Nevermind that the ele simply swaps to air and uses ride the lighting to out-run the fleeing warrior in your scenario: You do not escape from an ele if he does not want you to, nor do you escape from a thief.

Notice in this whole thing it wasn’t a matter of “Narf eles cause they can burst just like thieves/warriors”. No, it was simply showing that “Hey, someone proved that they can do the exact same thing. Stop kittening about getting hit by HB in an ambush.” Still the machine keeps churning.

Yet again the blind anti-warrior sentiment includes completely ignoring the capabilities of the other class, whinging on behind a premise of warrior is all pros and zero cons and the other class is all cons and zero pros. It’s astounding.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: smug.3895

smug.3895

Braxxus is saying that if you build a glass cannon, you will be exactly that. You can do lots of damage, but are very vulnerable afterwards. He is pointing out the hypocrisy in the general populace hating warriors for what anyone else can do.

Some people think though that it’s not the same because warriors have so much innate defense even as a glass cannon. Have you fought a glass cannon warrior after his bull rush failed? They are my favorite targets to kill. They go down easy and are one of the easiest classes to finish at the downed state. Honestly, HP and armor class does not mean nearly as much in this game as defense mechanisms.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

Braxxus is saying that if you build a glass cannon, you will be exactly that. You can do lots of damage, but are very vulnerable afterwards. He is pointing out the hypocrisy in the general populace hating warriors for what anyone else can do.

Some people think though that it’s not the same because warriors have so much innate defense even as a glass cannon. Have you fought a glass cannon warrior after his bull rush failed? They are my favorite targets to kill. They go down easy and are one of the easiest classes to finish at the downed state. Honestly, HP and armor class does not mean nearly as much in this game as defense mechanisms.

My god, thank you for getting it!

Gives me hope.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Hope is wasted on the hopeless.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

My god, thank you for getting it!

Gives me hope.

This is probably one of those scenarios where many of us understand the point, but since we understand it, we don’t feel compelled to post. Meanwhile, those who misunderstand or disagree (for some reason) try to bring up counter-points.

My favorite part though is when people try to justify it for all of the reasons that we’ve said over and over again about 100B-centric warriors. Makes me all warm inside.

in Warrior

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

War burst isn’t that much of a problem. For a burst to be OP it needs burst, reliability and an escape mechanism. It’s fairly easy to see coming and isn’t that hard to dodge (WvW doesn’t count, you can get any skill off in there, even churning earth without lightning flash). Even if War has +9k hp and +300 armor, it doesn’t have strong mobility/defensive mechanics (ex. stealth + warps), which are worth more than hp when you’re in a glass build, to make it OP, it. The best the rifle has is its 1500 range if the war isn’t noticed (which is decent).

Yes, it’s still fairly strong, and its better than our current ele burst (video’s build is impractical and only has damage), However, it’s not over the top or owning other class’s builds, and it leaves a good amount of time to react. It’s main advantage is that its just easy to do.

Besides, the impractical video build will probably be adapted to be more viable than its current version, with reduced damage of course. The current example is really just the same as practicing high numbers on a light armor golem, so it doesn’t prove much as far as having an equal burst build (ride the shock aura/RTL doesn’t make up for the glass).

The main problem here is with the weak “evidence” about how ele is as good at bursting.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Besides, the impractical video build will probably be adapted to be more viable than its current version, with reduced damage of course. The current example is really just the same as practicing high numbers on a light armor golem, so it doesn’t prove much as far as having an equal burst build (ride the shock aura/RTL doesn’t make up for the glass).

The main problem here is with the weak “evidence” about how is as good at bursting.

Fortunately, the poster of said video did a similar thing with an apparently more hot-join viable build to someone who was apparently playing:

That video was just me messing around. It is completely impractical simply because it lacks points in arcana which we’re pigeonholed into. Here’s a video of me using a similar combo with my hot join glass cannon build 20 30 0 0 20/scholar/zerker. It’s against a warrior so it is relevant to this subforum (sort of).

It looks pretty good at bursting to me. As well as finishing freely and subsequently escaping.

Plus, the guy running into his obvious demise at the end is giggle-worthy.

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I don’t know if it’s just me or what but 12k damage in 1 hit (hb is 8 total hits with a 4 second channel) looks pretty kitten strong.

Seems to me like eles need nerfed.

/s

in Warrior

Cosmic Teapot.9162

I don’t know if it’s just me or what but 12k damage in 1 hit (hb is 8 total hits with a 4 second channel) looks pretty kitten strong.

/s

The warrior had used frenzy, which is why those numbers were so high. Fire grab does crit for over 10k with most glass cannon builds though.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

/s

/s stands for “end sarcasm”? I’m going to assume so until you say otherwise because ele’s really don’t and believe it or not I applaud this guy for bursting like this on his ele.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Cosmic Teapot.9162

/s

/s stands for “end sarcasm”? I’m going to assume so until you say otherwise because ele’s really don’t and believe it or not I applaud this guy for bursting like this on his ele.

Here’s a better vid to demonstrate more realistic damage from this combo. It did roughly 17500 damage in 2 seconds with a 11594 fire grab (from above 25% health- no extra 20% dmg). This is using the build I used before I even started using this combo (which I rarely do as its not really worth wasting the utilities).

I realize this is highly off topic and won’t be posting anymore non warrior related material.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

Here’s a better vid to demonstrate more realistic damage from this combo. It did roughly 17500 damage in 2 seconds with a 11594 fire grab (from above 25% health- no extra 20% dmg). This is using the build I used before I even started using this combo (which I rarely do as its not really worth wasting the utilities).

I realize this is highly off topic and won’t be posting anymore non warrior related material.

It’s not that off topic though and feel free to keep posting those vids man! Like I said I applaud you for bursting like this on your ele. I hope you don’t think I was calling you out or any silliness, I was only linking to your vid because for a while now our (warrior) forums just get flooded with angry people hell bent on calling out Wars as OP because they got GC burst down by HB in some random SPvP or WvW session. All while decrying how unfair it is and how weak their own class is, unable to achieve anything even remotely similar.

Engi’s did it for a while, then we found engi burst videos (I called them out as well).

Thieves did once, then realized that was a dumb idea and stealthed away again hoping noone noticed their threads.

Ele’s have been hitting up the forums pretty heavy and thanks to you we have a nice handy dandy video that says “SHADDUP! If you spec exactly like that HB warrior you’re complaining about (glass) you can do the exact same thing.”

If anything I’d be happy to see more videos with you pushing that burst potential.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

/s

Completely sarcastic. Generally I wouldn’t have used the “/s” but people tend to be really dense. I’m not aiming that at you but the people who are defending ele’s in this instance and using the same arguments against us (warriors) that we’ve been using since they first starting calling for warrior nerfs.

It’s completely ironic and funny.

Also, Engineers and Elementalists can’t swap weapons. Ele’s need to put most of their skills on cooldown to do this. Warriors need to put 1 skill and some utilities on cooldown. What’s stopping you from switching to that sword/warhorn and running away with your perma-swiftness as soon as people figure out where the sniper shot came from?

It would help in an argument if you knew what you’re talking about. A glass cannon spec’d warrior will have nowhere near 20k hp. The only time my warrior had 20k+ hp in wvw was when we had all 3 orbs and/or 300k+ points for max stat bonuses.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

I play both classes and enjoy both, but ill tell you right now there is a HUGE difference in a glass cannon starting off with 10k hp and light armor, and a 20k heavy armor glass cannon, someone said above, lot of good 20k health did him he got melted, well imagine 12-15k health in light armor, he’s going to go down waay quicker. This is a melee combo from the ele, where as 1500 for kill shot. Either way not kittening or complaining just making an observation.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW