Enough GS zerker Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Why Crack Shot instead of something like Furious Reaction or Rending Strikes?

(edited by CookMETEnder.7582)

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

…it’s a learn to play issue. Last time I checked skills had a target cap which is usually 3 or 5. and if you can’t position yourself to hit as many as you can then 360° won’t help you either. Mobs won’t run away if you pop hundred blades unless you make them. If someone else has aggro and is kiting them then you are fool to chase them with a melee weapon.

Yes, that is definitely a major l2p issue of yours.
If you ever bothered to try anything outside GS 100b spamming, you would know how ridiculously wide is the AoE radius of WA, and that you can move while spinning thus eliminating any positional issue, and you would know its target limit is also ridiculously high.
Please avoid talking about l2p issues when you don’t understand basics mechanics of the class, go farm cof1 or something.

1. Why Deep Cuts (50% bleed duration) over Rending Strikes (33% chance of vulnerability on critical)???
W/ Precise Strikes, you are already causing bleeding on 33% of your hits.

2. Why Crack Shot instead of something like Furious Reaction (10s Fury and Vigor per 30s)
Do you find yourself needing Crack Shot there?
Would it not be more optimal to change to Crack Shot when you know you need range?

Traits are to be swapped depending on the situation to get the best out of them.
Vs a boss you need to keep range from, having Crack Shot is better.
When you don’t need Rifle you swap Crack Shot with Rending Strikes.
Deep Cuts is there to maximize the DPS efficiency of Attack of Opportunity.

As for Furios Reaction I could never find an use for it.
I have permafury and vigor is not necessary for me, but if it is for you then use it.
Traits are not set in stone

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

…it’s a learn to play issue. Last time I checked skills had a target cap which is usually 3 or 5. and if you can’t position yourself to hit as many as you can then 360° won’t help you either. Mobs won’t run away if you pop hundred blades unless you make them. If someone else has aggro and is kiting them then you are fool to chase them with a melee weapon.

If you ever bothered to try anything outside GS 100b spamming, you would know how ridiculously wide is the AoE radius of WA, and that you can move while spinning thus eliminating any positional issue, and you would know its target limit is also ridiculously high.
Please avoid talking about l2p issues when you don’t understand basics mechanics of the class, go farm cof1 or something.

1. Why Deep Cuts (50% bleed duration) over Rending Strikes (33% chance of vulnerability on critical)???
W/ Precise Strikes, you are already causing bleeding on 33% of your hits.

2. Why Crack Shot instead of something like Furious Reaction (10s Fury and Vigor per 30s)
Do you find yourself needing Crack Shot there?
Would it not be more optimal to change to Crack Shot when you know you need range?

Traits are to be swapped depending on the situation to get the best out of them.
Vs a boss you need to keep range from, having Crack Shot is better.
When you don’t need Rifle you swap Crack Shot with Rending Strikes.
Deep Cuts is there to maximize the DPS efficiency of Attack of Opportunity.

As for Furios Reaction I could never find an use for it.
I have permafury and vigor is not necessary for me, but if it is for you then use it.
Traits are not set in stone

Yea, I did some quick math and I realize what you say is true.
I editted my post too late though haha
Thank you for the reply!

in Warrior

Posted by: dukefx.9730

dukefx.9730

Do I sense frustration coming from the self-proclaimed king of warriors? Alright… I’ll be careful… cornered beasts can be dangerous.

The target cap for WA is 5 which is “ridiculously high” indeed. Just because you move around and see 8-10 numbers flying around doesn’t mean you hit more than 5 mobs at a time, you just move out of range and hit another mob instead. I used to farm Orr events (i.e. tag mobs) with an off-hand axe, but that pretty much exceeds its usefulness. Anyone with half a brain can tell you how low its damage is. If you bother to check actual numbers you’ll see WA does half as much damage as HB in the same amount of time and on top of that HB has lower cooldown and I didn’t even include the might stacks. I choose to kill 3 mobs over tickling 5, but that’s just me. If you like fooling around, go for it. Proper positioning is a L2P issue and I have absolutely no problems with it unlike you.

in Warrior

Posted by: theredone.3845

theredone.3845

Hi, just wondering what sort of utilities you guys are using in builds like this? im building toward a similar build based around 100% fury between FOJ and SOR

edit: or am i missing somthing on the build links that shows this?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Do I sense frustration coming from the self-proclaimed king of warriors? Alright… I’ll be careful… cornered beasts can be dangerous.

The target cap for WA is 5 which is “ridiculously high” indeed. Just because you move around and see 8-10 numbers flying around doesn’t mean you hit more than 5 mobs at a time, you just move out of range and hit another mob instead. I used to farm Orr events (i.e. tag mobs) with an off-hand axe, but that pretty much exceeds its usefulness. Anyone with half a brain can tell you how low its damage is. If you bother to check actual numbers you’ll see WA does half as much damage as HB in the same amount of time and on top of that HB has lower cooldown and I didn’t even include the might stacks. I choose to kill 3 mobs over tickling 5, but that’s just me. If you like fooling around, go for it. Proper positioning is a L2P issue and I have absolutely no problems with it unlike you.

Um… it seems like you are the one frustrated lol
Anyways, axe/axe DPS is greater than GS… that’s proven by math, test dummies, and real life situations…
GS has better burst and mobility…

I thought we at least realized that by now…

in Warrior

dukefx.9730

Sorry? I think I misread there something… for a moment I thought you said axe/axe outdamages a GS. Even axe/mace does better damage than axe/axe. I’d very much like to see that “math” of yours. Link, please?

This is the one and only comparison (I’ve found so far) where maths are done properly. It includes every situation, meaning a skilled player will be better off with a GS while a… lets just say not so skilled player will be better off spamming axe AA.

Lets be realistic here… none of Red Falcon’s builds with “ridiculously” high dps and “ridiculously” high survivability are what they appear to be.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Agreed. Stating that Axe/Axe has higher DPS than Greatsword gives more credit to /Axe than it deserves.

/Axe is pretty crap. It is all about Axe/.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

Sorry? I think I misread there something… for a moment I thought you said axe/axe outdamages a GS. Even axe/mace does better damage than axe/axe. I’d very much like to see that “math” of yours. Link, please?

This is the one and only comparison (I’ve found so far) where maths are done properly. It includes every situation, meaning a skilled player will be better off with a GS while a… lets just say not so skilled player will be better off spamming axe AA.

Lets be realistic here… none of Red Falcon’s builds with “ridiculously” high dps and “ridiculously” high survivability are what they appear to be.

Agreed. Stating that Axe/Axe has higher DPS than Greatsword gives more credit to /Axe than it deserves.

/Axe is pretty crap. It is all about Axe/.

You guys don’t realize the DPS increase you get from hitting targets you wouldn’t normally hit at all.
I.E. hitting 3 mobs with Axe full auto for 2.5k average on 6 hits (3.5s) = 45k dmg
Hitting 5 mobs with WA 10k (3.5s) = 50k dmg
I listed many situations above where fights will be 360 degrees.

Let’s drop GS pride and lies a moment and let’s take proper reasoning.
With GS most times the 2-3 mobs you hit during HB channel will just run out of range if someone else got the aggro, same for bosses – every time this happens you’re losing a ton of HB DPS, and it happens a lot.
Now take into account the 6.5s downtime on HB and you should realize a couple things.
GS deals more DPS only every 6.5s and only if targets don’t move away for a whole 3.5s while channeling, and only on 180 degrees.

Sure we could sit here and imagine perfect situations where HB has no CD, where mobs stand still inside HB all the time, etc.
Or we could be realistic.
In normal situations (also proved by that guru post) Axe has more DPS.

Those are the facts, one can decide to ignore them and spam 2 on his GS; I really don’t mind.
My build here has 5500 effective power and 30% damage reduction along with insane lifesteal.
Like it? Use it. Don’t like it? Continue spamming 2 with your GS.
Just don’t demand that all people are GS zombies and ignoring the facts, some people like to play differently.

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

You realize that DPS stands for damage per second, right? /Axe has terrible damage per second. It doesn’t matter if you can hit more mobs for higher total damage when it takes an entire duration of /Axe’s 5 to do it. Low DPS is low.

/Axe is pretty flashy and all, but there are better off-hand solutions.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Sorry? Nope, I think you’re just stupid.
This was confirmed when I read the link you provided me.
That guy is comparing HB to normal axe attacks.
HB wins over Axe auto, but not by much…
So what happens 6.5 seconds? Do you realize how pathetic Greatswords auto-attack is?

I have an Eternity, I love the GS, but let’s not be idiots here. Axe mainhand (regardless of off-hand) owns the GS in terms of DPS.
GS is better for mobility which is why I often use it. It also has better burst.

Being completely realistic, I didn’t like a single one of Red Falcon’s builds… until this one. I did the math and now I’m in the stage of testing it out. The numbers aren’t as high (because of the false numbers you see with GS HB) and it’s not as flashy… but it is far more effective in terms of DPS than GS. I do miss #3 GS Though…

and please, don’t make me laugh, real life situations?
Unless your real life situation is farming CoF, you often have HB ready to go but unable to use on your skillbar in end-game dungeons.

You realize that DPS stands for damage per second, right? /Axe has terrible damage per second. It doesn’t matter if you can hit more mobs for higher total damage when it takes an entire duration of /Axe’s 5 to do it. Low DPS is low.

/Axe is pretty flashy and all, but there are better off-hand solutions.

I think you guys are having a misunderstanding.
Overall, we can say that axe MAINHAND > Greatsword in terms of DPS.
Also, I don’t think #5 is for DPS… it’s for the healing.

I did the math with his build and now I’m testing it out.
It’s doing far more DPS than the GS (and I’m no noob. I have Eternity and I run high end Fractals 35+ often). Simply put, having HB on your bar ready to use but unable b/c of the situation REALLY hurts DPS (although GS #3 will always be the BEST Skill in my heart haha)

Number 1 is what you are using most of the time.
Number 2 is when you have an opportune time for 3kittenage.
Number 3… uh.. before you get to the mob lol
Number 4… use it on 2 or more mobs when it’s up. This thing grants 16s+ Fury!!!
Number 5… I look at this as my heal button. Unless I’m at a boss, I find that this heals more than healing surge in combination with the off-hand (w/ blood sigil) and om ghost food. It’s basically a free #6 Healing utility spot.
Thus, I have been experimenting with having healing signet over healing surge now to see if the regen is beneficial (with #5 as my new burst heal).

I think what really makes this build amazing though is the perma-fury. Red Falcon always talks about Perma-Fury, and honestly, I thought that he often went overboard just to get it… but this build sacrifices no traits or runes to extend the duration of boons… rather, you get it free 0_0…
SoR + FGJ + #4 (With dual axe only, which is the reason to use dual axe) allows perma fury with ease.

I won’t lie, I was very skeptical with his build at first, but it is proving to be the better weapon across more situations. I still keep my Eternity in my bag for those times I just need #3 GS, but I find that overall I’m using Axe/Axe more often.
Axe/Mace honestly does more DPS and stuns, but I’m not sure if it’s worth losing perma fury (20% more crit chance = more heal = more… everything lol) and a 10k+ heal with #5 (in normal situations. It ranges from 7k~15k heal for me)

in Warrior

Posted by: Aldar Arytheon.7128

Aldar Arytheon.7128

What is the real cooldown for sigil of blood as wiki seems confusing . 2 or 5 seconds ?

So with axe skill 5 it would heal in first 2 seconds from 5 targets and then it would trigger again ? I believe this would be the right math …

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

What is the real cooldown for sigil of blood as wiki seems confusing . 2 or 5 seconds ?

So with axe skill 5 it would heal in first 2 seconds from 5 targets and then it would trigger again ? I believe this would be the right math …

Nonono, haha, I think I understand what you’re thinking of.
The healing is not from Sigil of Blood. That is simply a nice side bonus. It is not nearly enough bonus and that rune can be replaced if desired.

The healing comes from omnom ghost food which has no cooldown.

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

I’m pretty positive its 2s.
I personally switched to Sigil of Rage in place of it, because it frenzies WA and makes it into a 1.75s 10k burst on 360 degrees plus full health healing all very quickly.
I found the healing food does the job on its own, Sigil of Blood is overkill most times.

Btw my final say on Axe vs GS.
Does GS provide more DPS in a “perfect” situations where mobs dont move and they are all packed in front of you and you have 25 stacks of might?
Yes.
Does Axe provide a very high, mobile, 360 degree DPS (5500 effective power, math does not lie), and crazy self-healing?
Yes.
Neither is “better”, it all comes down to the situation you’re currently facing and your playstyle.

in Warrior

dukefx.9730

@CookMETEnder
Why do I even bother?! First of all that comparison is Axe/Mace and GS, not Axe/Axe meaning Mace #4 is boosting Axe DPS which off-hand axe is totally lacking.

What do I do after Hundred Blades? Whirling Axe, Blade Trail, dodge back in and do AOE damage with Reckless Dodge, do 2/3 of the AA chain for the vulnerability stacks and pretty much repeat. I often include Rush in the chain. Note that Puandro didn’t include hitting multiple opponents at the same time which can net you 25 stacks of might easily. His calculations are very accurate when you are fighting a boss. What he did include however: “if the target is against the wall GS 1+2+3 attacks of CD’s destroys Axe/Mace DPS”. Then we have said “mobility” which makes you do damage instead of eating dirt and further decreasing overall DPS because your team mates have to stop doing damage to get you back on your feet. I can understand that you miss WWA since it not has the highest DPS of all weapons (9-12k for me / mob in the blink of an eye) but can easily save your hide. Next time before you call me stupid, use your Eternity properly. As for Red Falcon’s mobs running out of HB range statement: I don’t know what PvE content he’s doing but it happens to me once every blue moon. Probably because I’m not stupid enough to use a melee weapon on a swarm of headless chickens.

TLDR: GS has the overall higher damage potential while an Axe/Mace combo is better for single targets like bosses. Axe/Axe is inferior to both in terms of damage unless you have no clue how to handle a GS.

(edited by dukefx.9730)

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

TLDR: GS has the overall higher damage potential while an Axe/Mace combo is better for single targets like bosses. Axe/Axe is inferior to both in terms of damage unless you have no clue how to handle a GS.

Nobody is denying that.

Vs targets that dont move and stay in your 180 degree cone, GS has more DPS.
Vs targets that move, Axe/Mace provides more DPS (unless the team can already provide 25 vuln in which case there is no difference from Axe/Axe beside the loss of healing from WA).
Vs AoE situations or mobile fights, Axe/Axe provides more DPS and major healing.

It would be pretty naive to deny the above, or claim that any weapon is always the best in all situations.
If that was the case it would be a major design flaw as the reason we get multiple weapons is that each fits a situation better than the others.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

@CookMETEnder
Why do I even bother?! First of all that comparison is Axe/Mace and GS, not Axe/Axe meaning Mace #4 is boosting Axe DPS which off-hand axe is totally lacking.

What do I do after Hundred Blades? Whirling Axe, Blade Trail, dodge back in and do AOE damage with Reckless Dodge, do 2/3 of the AA chain for the vulnerability stacks and pretty much repeat. I often include Rush in the chain. Note that Puandro didn’t include hitting multiple opponents at the same time which can net you 25 stacks of might easily. His calculations are very accurate when you are fighting a boss. What he did include however: “if the target is against the wall GS 1+2+3 attacks of CD’s destroys Axe/Mace DPS”. Then we have said “mobility” which makes you do damage instead of eating dirt and further decreasing overall DPS because your team mates have to stop doing damage to get you back on your feet. I can understand that you miss WWA since it not has the highest DPS of all weapons (9-12k for me / mob in the blink of an eye) but can easily save your hide. Next time before you call me stupid, use your Eternity properly. As for Red Falcon’s mobs running out of HB range statement: I don’t know what PvE content he’s doing but it happens to me once every blue moon. Probably because I’m not stupid enough to use a melee weapon on a swarm of headless chickens.

Nobody is denying that.

Vs targets that dont move and stay in your 180 degree cone, GS has more DPS.
Vs targets that move, Axe/Mace provides more DPS (unless the team can already provide 25 vuln in which case there is no difference from Axe/Axe beside the loss of healing from WA).
Vs AoE situations or mobile fights, Axe/Axe provides more DPS and major healing.

It would be pretty naive to deny the above, or claim that any weapon is always the best in all situations.
If that was the case it would be a major design flaw as the reason we get multiple weapons is that each fits a situation better than the others.

1. I think Red Falcon sums it up quite nicely.
2. What, do you HB in Fractals and facetank mobs?
Sure, it has good potential, but we’re being realistic.
3. Use Eternity properly?
What’s your IGN? I’ll just add you, we can dungeon (assuming guesting allows that), and then we’ll see who uses it better. With your bragging and bashing, you better not even get downed once.

in Warrior

dukefx.9730

In fractals I swap GS/LB all the time and when I’m on the GS I do use HB too. Bragging and bashing? I’m lost! As for doing dungeons together: I don’t take people who have to ask what I do after HB.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

With the number of people screaming out “learn to play” as their main argument, I have to ask why anyone even cares enough to take this kind of debate so seriously. Who the hell cares what another player chooses to use for weapon? Does it influence you or something?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

In fractals I swap GS/LB all the time and when I’m on the GS I do use HB too. Bragging and bashing? I’m lost! As for doing dungeons together: I don’t take people who have to ask what I do after HB.

Nice dodge, what’s the matter?
Too afraid because you know you get downed multiple times?
If you’re so confident in your skills, let’s dungeon together once.
We’ll even record it and post it here.

Stop making excuses hahaha

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

With the number of people screaming out “learn to play” as their main argument, I have to ask why anyone even cares enough to take this kind of debate so seriously. Who the hell cares what another player chooses to use for weapon? Does it influence you or something?

It’s hella fun
Don’t tell me you’ve never commented on a forum before simply for the sake of it haha
I honestly don’t mind. A lot of great warriors in my guild run pure ranger, and they know what they’re doing so I’m cool with it.

in Warrior

dukefx.9730

Nice dodge, what’s the matter?
Too afraid because you know you get downed multiple times?
If you’re so confident in your skills, let’s dungeon together once.
We’ll even record it and post it here.

Stop making excuses hahaha

You’d be a waste of party slot. Instead of trying to taunt me you should simply L2P.
Furthermore I never said I never go down. That’s something you made up. What I said was that I can survive a lot better with a GS than with an axe.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Aint that the truth. Whirlwind Attack has saved my butt on countless occasions.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

I can survive a lot better with a GS than with an axe.

What you can do is up to you and you alone.
What everyone can do is up to what a setup can mathematically do, and the person’s ability with said setup.

WA heals 3k per mob hit every 20s, which equates to 150hp/s per mob.
If you play it out properly you’re getting 750hp/s from just WA, plus the 360 degree lifestealing from Cyclone, double lifesteal proc from Dual Strike and then normal lifesteals – all this prolly adds up to 1000hp/s or more.
GS’s only defensive tool is one single evade.
So it’s 1000 health/second vs 1 evade… Math aready gave its answer.

Your preference toward one setup doesn’t make another setup less valid.
It’s flawed to think that since you are better off with one thing then everyone else should be doing the same.
That’s one thing you should really really think about.
Other people can be as good as you or even much better than you with very different setups than yours.

Furthermore, just because you can’t see beyond your own build it doesn’t mean other people cannot play or, again, be even better than you with different builds than yours – or mine, for that matter.

Really, realize that trying to force everyone to follow your GS+LB setup is stupid.
GS+LB isn’t the end-of-all builds, not even by far. It is for you? Fine. Have fun with it.
Just don’t come spitting on other people’s playstyles.

There is some people who wear blinkers and think that since they prefer a certain setup, then their setup is better than everything else – regardless if other setups are mathematically better.

You’re probably right that taking such people seriously isn’t the best thing.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

With a thread titled “Enough Greatsword Zerker Warriors”, I don’t think you have any right to call anyone out on spitting on other peoples’ builds and playstyles, mate.

Just sayin’.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: dmitrycx.7465

dmitrycx.7465

Hi. I’ve found your build really nice and im fed up with standing one place for 3.5secs and being really upset for every mob move, but i dont understand how does lifestealing works.
1 im not full berserk yet(trinkets) but i heal for about 500hp every 2s
2 “and insane amounts of life stealing through lifesteal (WA can heal up to 15k health in 3 seconds)” and i am sure i saw vids on youtube where guys do it. what am i doing wrong?
3 http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_stealing – “and the amount healed is not dependent on damage dealt” and “Life stealing triggered by whirl finished combos heals for 170 health + 0.05 per Healing Power at level 80, for each bolt.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

I thought the build was very nice and well done. Just a question, why not Divinity Runes? I feel like the sacrifice of 24 Precision and 60 power is worth the other positives that you would get out of it, aside from the fact it appears you have bank.

The GS build that someone posted a couple replies below the OP was very refreshing as well. It actually had Vitality and other traits built into it instead of being full glass. It is people thinking outside the box of only full zerker being viable that gives me hope that people will respect me as a Warrior instead of expecting full glass GS when I run a dungeon.

Personally, I run tanky dps on almost everything I build so, while this probably isn’t the build for me, it is a breath of fresh air compared to the norm. Honestly, the post title saying “enough zerker warriors” is pretty on track with how many people continue to defend GS as the only option insist on flaming him for Axe/Axe being more appropriate for the in-game situation that HE encounters personally. I’ve got my own high dps GS/Hammer spec I’ve been meaning to make, but that’s because I am a WvW player. So from a PvP perspective, your logic seems to be very sound, especially since, in PvP, I rarely see good GS warriors ever use HB so I understand the problem with being rooted vs mobility for your burst attacks, especially since it cleaves so you don’t have the benefits of it being targeted (see Thief Backstab/HS).

Also, anyone that ever says L2P because someone thinks differently than them is a kitten and should probably be ignored for the pure ignorance that they convey.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Hi. I’ve found your build really nice and im fed up with standing one place for 3.5secs and being really upset for every mob move, but i dont understand how does lifestealing works.
1 im not full berserk yet(trinkets) but i heal for about 500hp every 2s
2 “and insane amounts of life stealing through lifesteal (WA can heal up to 15k health in 3 seconds)” and i am sure i saw vids on youtube where guys do it. what am i doing wrong?
3 http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_stealing – “and the amount healed is not dependent on damage dealt” and “Life stealing triggered by whirl finished combos heals for 170 health + 0.05 per Healing Power at level 80, for each bolt.”

Excellent point “amount healed is not dependent on damage dealt”
Too many noobs think the off-hand axe is for DPS.
It’s for perma-fury + a rigged heal (in my opinion)

I thought the build was very nice and well done. Just a question, why not Divinity Runes? I feel like the sacrifice of 24 Precision and 60 power is worth the other positives that you would get out of it, aside from the fact it appears you have bank.

The GS build that someone posted a couple replies below the OP was very refreshing as well. It actually had Vitality and other traits built into it instead of being full glass. It is people thinking outside the box of only full zerker being viable that gives me hope that people will respect me as a Warrior instead of expecting full glass GS when I run a dungeon.

Personally, I run tanky dps on almost everything I build so, while this probably isn’t the build for me, it is a breath of fresh air compared to the norm. Honestly, the post title saying “enough zerker warriors” is pretty on track with how many people continue to defend GS as the only option insist on flaming him for Axe/Axe being more appropriate for the in-game situation that HE encounters personally. I’ve got my own high dps GS/Hammer spec I’ve been meaning to make, but that’s because I am a WvW player. So from a PvP perspective, your logic seems to be very sound, especially since, in PvP, I rarely see good GS warriors ever use HB so I understand the problem with being rooted vs mobility for your burst attacks, especially since it cleaves so you don’t have the benefits of it being targeted (see Thief Backstab/HS).

Also, anyone that ever says L2P because someone thinks differently than them is a kitten and should probably be ignored for the pure ignorance that they convey.

Because you need extra bit of crit chance you can get.
You have more than enough survivability.
But, if you really want that extra “other stats” go for it!

in Warrior

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

On the topic of GS in fractals, I rarely get into a downed state even on level 26 and I die usually because the rest of the party wiped and i’m trying to solo the ele boss -.- and as such I can maintain 25 stacks of lust and 25 stacks of might. 28k 100b in knight armour, soldier weapons isn’t something to scoff at. Today’s cycle was – Volcano, Cliffside and Battle for Ascalon.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

(edited by Daoshi.7618)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

On the topic of GS in fractals, I rarely get into a downed state even on level 26 and I die usually because the rest of the party wiped and i’m trying to solo the ele boss -.- and as such I can maintain 25 stacks of lust and 25 stacks of might. 28k 100b in knight armour, soldier weapons isn’t something to scoff at. Today’s cycle was – Volcano, Cliffside and Battle for Ascalon.

Build/Runes?
Unless you are running sonic boon or something like it, it is impossible to maintain 25 stacks of might. Unless, of course, you define maintain by 3 seconds in a trash mob fight where you whirlwinded into it.

No clue how you’re going to maintain 25 on boss w/o gimping DPS to do so.

in Warrior

dmitrycx.7465

ok i will ask another way. how is it possible to get 15k for 3 sec if our sigil triggers only once in 2 sec or we have some other vampiric heailng that i didnt notice?
thx.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lolscrub.9147

Lolscrub.9147

from the food if im not mistaken.

Server: Blackgate
Lolscrub – norn thief lvl 80
Lord Scrub – norn warrior lvl80

in Warrior

dmitrycx.7465

so
1 is that food not available for GS or any other weapon? why do u talk about life stealing only when talking about axe\axe?
2 i can see food gives us life steal without cd which is really great. so do we really need that sigil on our axe that triggers once in 2 sec? we could replace it for example with +5% damage sigil?

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

I Dont suggest getting above 30% base crit chance from gear if you plan to use Unsuspecting foe, as you get more than 100% with fury if you go above that, and waste points on precision which could go elsewhere in my opinion.

in Warrior

dmitrycx.7465

didnt notice that page dialog, sorry guys. question about life stealing is closed.

in Warrior

dmitrycx.7465

Red Falcon, can you tell me about your usual utility skills?
i’ve just come from pvt tanky dps build with vigirous shouts to full berserk and i am not sure what utility skills used in common situation in pve.
i use
1 For great justice (for team buffs and fury ofc)
2 shake it off\balance stance(some kind of survivability). i have also found siel that removes all conditions on use pretty usefull
3 banner of discipline but i hate it i mean stats look great and +%cd but its so annoying for me to use it and to go with it and to stand it and…

(edited by dmitrycx.7465)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

In fractals I swap GS/LB all the time …. bla bla bla.

Stopped reading there lol, there goes your typical GS warrior… Can we start counting how much DPS you did in the whole run instead ermahgerd biggest number? switching weapons to range because you can’t handle melee properly puts way back in the list of usefull dps in the group.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Warrior

dukefx.9730

Only an elementalist specced for such can keep burning up all the time. In every other case it’s not wasted. Burning has a low duration.

I do take advantage of all fields, including mine. You won’t always have a staff ele spamming lava font in every party nor any of those barely existing torch rangers and such. What makes a LB good is Arcing Arrow which not only does a large amount of AOE damage but it’s a blast finisher. So, I have 1 blast finsiher, you have none unless you use banners, and it’s pretty much the best finisher there is. Since you mentioned a mesmer: they have exactly 1 blast finisher: on a torch that nobody ever uses.

On a side note: why do play a role an offensive guardian can do far better? Your build sounds just as “good” as a “healer” thief spamming area stealth for regeneration.

in Warrior

Mesket.5728

Only an elementalist specced for such can keep burning up all the time. In every other case it’s not wasted. Burning has a low duration.

I do take advantage of all fields, including mine. You won’t always have a staff ele spamming lava font in every party nor any of those barely existing torch rangers and such. What makes a LB good is Arcing Arrow which not only does a large amount of AOE damage but it’s a blast finisher. So, I have 1 blast finsiher, you have none unless you use banners, and it’s pretty much the best finisher there is. Since you mentioned a mesmer: they have exactly 1 blast finisher: on a torch that nobody ever uses.

On a side note: why do play a role an offensive guardian can do far better? Your build sounds just as “good” as a “healer” thief spamming area stealth for regeneration.

I’ve never seen a guardian outlast me, never. As I never seen a defensive guardian deal as damage as I deal. I don’t play heal, go to the Near Invincible Warrior thread where I attached a screenshot of my stats. I already got 7 PMs asking me for my build (and I’m happy to provide other options than the usual dps warrior to other players) so it seems it appeals more people than you make think.

I go Axe/Shield and Hammer (bow for WvW). I have 2 twirl combo, 2 leap combo and 2 blast combo (Battle Banner and Hammer burst) plus 4 CC skills to remove defiant and cause CC my self and even if more CC is needed I can switch to mace instead of axe and have even more but that would put me in a heavily tank position and I don’t think thats neccesary (with certain exceptions).

Like I said, I don’t need to chase mobs, nor I need to use ranged weapons. I stay melee and dps the whole thing where other GS warriors can’t, specially when they have to be constantly dodging and I just stand, face tank, receive and regen HP back up.

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

Wow so many posts let me try answer everyone…

Do you use Omnomberry Ghost? It’s the food that gives you 66% chance to lifesteal.
WA deals 15 hits, (66%15)340 = 3k life stolen per mob you hit, aka 15k health stolen on 5 mobs.

Divinity runes are also a good choice, yes.
Or boon duration runes if one wants to keep the bonus from SoR up permanently (lots of people understimate this, SoR equals to 175 power 400 precision not flavor sutff).

And yes I got fed up with people bashing anything outside GS full zerk builds.
They should seriously stop trying to force everyone in that bad spec that only works in easymode content (CoF1 really?).

Where do you get Cavalier items?

Cavalier Amulet is from Laurel Vendor.
Cavalier Rings from Fractals or Exotic versions from Tacticians that spawn in temple of balthazar when completed.
Cavalier Earrings (exotics) are from again Tactician that spawns in temple of balthazar after you kill balthy priest.
Cavalier backpiece is from Fractals (capacitator).

There are probably other Cavalier items out there but I’m not aware of them as of now.

I’ve never seen a guardian outlast me, never. As I never seen a defensive guardian deal as damage as I deal. I don’t play heal, go to the Near Invincible Warrior thread where I attached a screenshot of my stats. I already got 7 PMs asking me for my build (and I’m happy to provide other options than the usual dps warrior to other players) so it seems it appeals more people than you make think.

I go Axe/Shield and Hammer (bow for WvW). I have 2 twirl combo, 2 leap combo and 2 blast combo (Battle Banner and Hammer burst) plus 4 CC skills to remove defiant and cause CC my self and even if more CC is needed I can switch to mace instead of axe and have even more but that would put me in a heavily tank position and I don’t think thats neccesary (with certain exceptions).

Like I said, I don’t need to chase mobs, nor I need to use ranged weapons. I stay melee and dps the whole thing where other GS warriors can’t, specially when they have to be constantly dodging and I just stand, face tank, receive and regen HP back up.

I feel a lot of those GS zerkers understimate the DPS increase you get from not needing to kite after you’ve been hit twice.
The time a zerker warrior is dodging away and kiting because he’s put down to 2k health from 2 hits is time he’s dealing low DPS (LB/Rifle is not good DPS, any melee is twice/thrice our ranged DPS).

Even a tanky build can have 5000 effective power, like this build.
It allows you to -stay- in combat and actually deal your FULL dps instead of “lolol I hit 25k HB but then I roll away almost dead and switch to low DPS ranged”.

Definitely dont let anyone tell you that you’re forced to build full zerker to maximize DPS, it’s simply false as we proved here.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

I’m sorry, but in your prejudice against GS ‘zerker warriors you make a lot of incorrect assumptions. Good(Great!) Warriors can solo dungeons in GS ’zerker builds. It is not a horrible build; it does work if you’re skilled enough. It does work outside of CoF1.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

I’m sorry, but in your prejudice against GS ‘zerker warriors you make a lot of incorrect assumptions. Good(Great!) Warriors can solo dungeons in GS ’zerker builds. It is not a horrible build; it does work if you’re skilled enough. It does work outside of CoF1.

I never said that GS is horrible or doesn’t work, don’t put things in my mouth please.
I said and proved that other setups are equally effective or even more. That is all.
Perhaps you should put off your bias blinkers and read what I actually said.

Also, soloing dungeons proves absolutely nothing.
I solo’d asura fract and AC with Longbow, there are still pics around the forums; this certainly doesn’t make Longbow the end-of-all-builds.

in Warrior

dukefx.9730

@Mesket:
That’s 1 blast finisher I didn’t factor in since you didn’t mention the hammer, the other finishers aren’t of much use. I don’t know how effective your build is in terms of damage. Looking at the stats alone makes me think you do less than half of what I do in terms of damage and I’m not even running the standard zerker build which can do a bit more. I’m not facetanking mobs all the time. I stay mobile and that’s pretty much the key to my success. I’m curious… how does your build compare to something like Strife’s AH guardian build?

@Red Falcon
I’m sorry to hear that you are not successful in staying alive with a glass cannon greatsword build but that doesn’t mean others can’t.

(edited by dukefx.9730)

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I’ve been playing Schwars Hammer Sword/Warhorn build the past couple days in tPvP (slightly modified to fit my personal playstyle).

It’s not a damage build at all, and will generally lose 1v1 against most classes. (except maybe thief).

But the goal of it isn’t to be king of damage, it’s to lock down an opponent to the point where any other teammate can just smash them over the head without any issues.

Tis good fun.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

I never said that GS is horrible or doesn’t work, don’t put things in my mouth please.
I said and proved that other setups are equally effective or even more. That is all.
Perhaps you should put off your bias blinkers and read what I actually said.

Also, soloing dungeons proves absolutely nothing.
I solo’d asura fract and AC with Longbow, there are still pics around the forums; this certainly doesn’t make Longbow the end-of-all-builds.

Me? Biased? I’m a Hammer Warrior, sharp instruments of death don’t tickle my fancy. I’m only speaking from cold hard facts. And you did say that Greatsword ’zerkers did nothing but do Hundred Blades and retreat to use ranged weapons. Which is not true.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Mesket.5728

@Mesket:
That’s 1 blast finisher I didn’t factor in since you didn’t mention the hammer, the other finishers aren’t of much use. I don’t know how effective your build is in terms of damage. Looking at the stats alone makes me think you do less than half of what I do in terms of damage and I’m not even running the standard zerker build which can do a bit more. I’m not facetanking mobs all the time. I stay mobile and that’s pretty much the key to my success. I’m curious… how does your build compare to something like Strife’s AH guardian build?.

Of course you are not face tanking mobs, you can’t. You must be mobile to survive and that is not the key of success, that’s the key why those builds loose effectiveness. While dodging/kiting/chasing you do 0 dps. Let’s suppose than on a 10 second fight you applied damage 6-7 seconds while I apply damage the whole time; your damage being superior probably put us on par or maybe you can do 10%-20% more damage! that’s fine because the role that I choose to use is far more than just lowering mobs HP. I’m also removing conditions, holding mobs still so the rest doesn’t have to loose those seconds dodging/kitting/chasing, I’m also healing 3,6K every 20-25 seconds to the whole party, I’m giving buffs; I mean, this is the whole point of this thread, enough GS Zerk warriors and we are giving other totally viable options, arguably better suited for certain play style and friend group set up.- after all, it all depends on who you are running with instead of what you are running with. Always (+) with other players instead of (vs).

How does my build compare? I can’t say for sure… On raw paper I like mine better. We are really close on regen/heal and damage mitigation but he states that he uses staff 95% of the time which I kind of don’t like (on a personal level obviously, I’m not the guru of GW2 and just casting out my opinion). The one thing that would make me like my build better is that I have near twice his HP and that is a LOT to not take into account. Another thing, he favors precision, I favor power. I like it my way better… specially for events that require breaking objects or mobs designed as objects where you can’t crit… or dredge that applies weakness constantly and all your crit goes to trash.but, like I said; i can’t tell for sure since I didn’t see him playing (can’t watch videos at work).

in Warrior

dukefx.9730

@Mesket
My damage doesn’t really suffer from mobility. when I do WWA I do damage and evade attacks, then I dodge in, not away. Reckless Dodge allows me to do damage even when I’m on the defensive, so I’m pretty much on target most of the time.

Facetanking can be a nice way of support just like I consider switching to a bow as a form of support for combos. The small area blinding and the immobilization also come in handy. I also have a support staff elementalist. Whenever I use Healing Rain I switch to earth and do Eruption since that build of mine has no other blast finisher. This is probably the reason I like blast finishers that much since the AOE effects can mean great deal to the party.

I have to correct you on the weakness part: 50% of Non Critical hits are glancing blows (50% damage) meaning a crit build will only suffer from the -50% endurance regeneration part while a non-crit build will get both penalties.

in Warrior

dmitrycx.7465

sorry for quotting, but i really want to know what utilities suite this warrior more, so tell if possible

Red Falcon, can you tell me about your usual utility skills?
i’ve just come from pvt tanky dps build with vigirous shouts to full berserk and i am not sure what utility skills used in common situation in pve.
i use
1 For great justice (for team buffs and fury ofc)
2 shake it off\balance stance(some kind of survivability). i have also found siel that removes all conditions on use pretty usefull
3 banner of discipline but i hate it i mean stats look great and +%cd but its so annoying for me to use it and to go with it and to stand it and…

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

sorry for quotting, but i really want to know what utilities suite this warrior more, so tell if possible

There isn’t a skillbar that works for everything, you need to switch utilities depending on the situation.
Will there be CC? Slot Balanced stance/Dolyak.
Will there be conditions? Slot SIO/Signet of Stamina.
Will we need more DPS? Slot Banner of Strength/OMM.
Other than those swaps though, FGJ and EP are almost always on my bar.