Fair suggestion for Healing Sig nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Rename to “Brawler’s Signet

Passive: Grants regeneration if you are within 600 range of a foe.
Active: Heal yourself.

Healing values remain unchanged from live.

This has a few implications, but notably:

-Offers actual counterplay and counterbuild in the form of kiting and ranged damage

-Is an interesting way of lowering the Longbow’s power

-Eliminates the synergy with kiting around line of sight (especially with savage leap/high swiftness uptime) to regenerate while keeping other players in combat

-Still almost unsituationally remains the strongest raw healing over time skill in the game.

Thoughts?

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Raven.7824

Red Raven.7824

There already is counter play towards healing sig. It’s called poison.

Ashkandhi Champion Legionnaire
Skull n’ Bones sPvP Build
BLACKGATE BEST GATE

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

Poison doesn’t counter healing sig in any more way than it counters other healing skills.

In fact, I’d be tempted to argue that it counters healing signet less than other healing skills, because it needs to be kept up constantly to reduce its overall output by 33% while it can only be on for the split second required to receive healing from other healing skills.

You’re wrong.

didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Please remove water field blasting healing from every professions.
They heal too much. Warriors cannot do it.
Why those other bullkitten professions can do it? Is it even legal do heal that much amount?
We can only heal 400 hp by that regen. They can heal lot more.
We don’t have access to such things. Remove water fields.
Also nerf engineers. thanks anet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Moricgold.6379

Moricgold.6379

Rename to “Brawler’s Signet

Oh you’re my little genius. How did you come to this? Original, very original

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Poison doesn’t counter healing sig in any more way than it counters other healing skills.

In fact, I’d be tempted to argue that it counters healing signet less than other healing skills, because it needs to be kept up constantly to reduce its overall output by 33% while it can only be on for the split second required to receive healing from other healing skills.

You’re wrong.

It counters signet more than other healing skills because whenever poison is on you the healing signet is reduced and thus your HPS becomes reduced as well. Poison does very little to affect other healing skills as long as you pay attention. Because you can cleanse the poison before using the heal. A good player is going to make sure he is able to activate his heal when poison is not on him.

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

A good player is going to make sure he is able to activate his heal when poison is not on him.

Which further reduces their HPS (waiting on cooldowns = less healing) or wastes condition removal on something that isn’t pin down.

Woops, though. It seems I have momentarily forgotten that these forums were an ultrabiased cesspool of lewdly deflated intellect. Bye bye now! Embrace your stale 1-skill meta!

didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

seems like the 50/50/50/50/50/50/50 4 weapon warrior has striken again. This time it was Oxygen who got beated up.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

A good suggestion. Personally I think the passive should be nerfed, and the activation should be buffed by given a unique mechanic so that using the active is actually useful for once.

E.g: the closer you are to a foe, the more you heal. Or the active gives boons, a special ability like a ground targettable leap or anything that makes it useful in a unique way.

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

A good player is going to make sure he is able to activate his heal when poison is not on him.

Which further reduces their HPS (waiting on cooldowns = less healing) or wastes condition removal on something that isn’t pin down.

Woops, though. It seems I have momentarily forgotten that these forums were an ultrabiased cesspool of lewdly deflated intellect. Bye bye now! Embrace your stale 1-skill meta!

Wrong. You cleanse the poison right before the skill is off CD. If that’s when you need to use it. I know thinking a few steps ahead goes beyond how much your minuscule brain can process, it can’t be helped.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

If you are perma poisoned, it won’t make a difference. Only if you can cleanse the poison on demand while the enemy can reapply it pretty fast it does (you create only a small window). I don’t think such occasion exists.

And even then, to cleanse condis we’ll need to spend adrenaline in Anet’s mind, thus making Healing Surge weaker. Lose-Lose situation.

The idea about Healing Surge is that its Adrenaline mechanic was meant to be a plus, when it’s actually a drawback for most builds. And one of the reasons why never spending adrenaline wasn’t seen as such a bad idea before cleansing Ire, mace and signet buffs.

If the enemy has a few low duration poisons, you won’t lose much. But in that case, it won’t be a big deal with the signet either.

So I agree with you. See? Not all warriors are the same.

The REAL situation where a burst heal is better than the signet is when they are used in fights that are really short.

Problem is those fights don’t exist.

And some might argue this is why warriors used to be UP. They shone when fights were short, but even before June all meta builds had endless ways to prolong a fight, making warriors pathetic.

This means raw hps has always been more important than burst healing.

IMHO the real problem is that hammer traits lay on the same line that gives toughness and condi cleanse.

Put the hammer traits somewhere else and things will go differently.

And/or make Healing Surge heal always for max healing, then make healing signet do something else for passive and generate adrenaline + heal at a lower hps for active. That might probably be decent, too. The most powerful heal should be active, and the other heal should have adrenaline generation as a plus, not as a hindrance.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

in Warrior

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

I have no idea how people can think HS is OP. It amazes me. When you are going at it, you want to be using a heal skill that when activated gives you highest instant heal. Not some helling that ticks a few hundred a sec. Does kitten in a 5-10 sec fight.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

I have no idea how people can think HS is OP. It amazes me. When you are going at it, you want to be using a heal skill that when activated gives you highest instant heal. Not some helling that ticks a few hundred a sec. Does kitten in a 5-10 sec fight.

There are no 5-10 seconds fights in pvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Silveirex.1893

Silveirex.1893

Here’s my idea: nerf condition damage and then nerf healing signet!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

reduce the healing ticks by 25% and increase the activated heal by 50%. Call it done.

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Reducing berserkers stance and cleansing ires potential will be their next target.

in Warrior

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

How often in sPVP are you fighting alone? You should be moving in pairs at minimum. If you go off running alone, then you deserve to be dropped in less then 5 secs.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

The healing signet doesn’t necessarily need to be nerfed more so than it needs to have an active component to it that makes it worth using, so that it has some strategy and play towards it.

As a consequence of having an active that is worth using, they will probably tone down Healing Signet regeneration a bit, but I don’t mind it as long as the active is worth using in certain situations.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

If the passive is to be nerfed then the active must be buffed.

Healing Signet: Heal 350 health per second.

Also gain a regenerative effect for 3 seconds (will heal about 700 each second). The active now heals for 4500.

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Ok fine

but 1st remove every instant cast skill other professions have and replace it with high telegraphed ones just like every warrior skill , remove every abused evade/teleport/stealth skill , then you have my permission.

ok ? ah you say NO ? …. i guessed so now back to thief forum.

in Warrior

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Healing signet counter is NOT poison, though it helps.
Its BURST. Either damage burst or condition burst.

Also, people forget that all healing signet does is regeneration and a crappy active. Sure it has great hp/s but other classes healing skills have built-in evades, 2-3 seconds blocking, condition removal etc.

What is healing signet percieved worth compared to those extra added effects other classes have?

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

With my burst build, i not even see other warrior’s hp.
Actually a have 0 difficult against every type of warrior.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

How often in sPVP are you fighting alone? You should be moving in pairs at minimum. If you go off running alone, then you deserve to be dropped in less then 5 secs.

Not even when focused you last 5-10 seconds. In a group fight.

And in spvp there are many 1v1s, like in far point assaulting at the beginning of the match, or 2v2.

I can’t see your point: are you saying that signet is useless when ending in a 2-3v1? Everything is useless there. Are you saying it’s useless in group fights, 2v2s or 1v1s? Too bad that group fights are not that short, and some might say signet is better because you don’t risk to be interrupted by cc spam when focused.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Burst. Poison.
Terrible suggestion.
I’m really tired of seeing these types of threads from people with a l2p issue.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Atherakhia.4086

Burst. Poison.
Terrible suggestion.

Reduce the passive by XX% and increase the active by 50+% and you’d fix Healing Signet. Alternatively, they could just move Adrenal Health. Swap it with building momentum or something.

The passive healing is the problem, but I’m not convinced it’s solely Healing Signet or HS + AH + Shout/Banner + Whatever else.

Perhaps if they made Adrenal Health a trait in a DPS oriented line instead of the defensive line things would work themselves out.

I’m just worried the class as a whole won’t work at all if the adjustments are too heavy handed as HS+AH are really the only things keeping the class competetive right now. If they’re changed, rather substantial improvements in other areas will probably be needed.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Burst. Poison.
Terrible suggestion.

As a warrior in spvp, I’m tired of such simplistic suggestions.

The fact that poison counters signet in a particular way is plain wrong.

The fact that PERMANENT poison might be a counter for warrior because it almost negates the regeneration the class bases its strength on is debatable.

And I’m also dead tired of what this forum has become.

We just debate whether some aspect of warrior is OP or not, without reasoning.

I haven’t seen a discussion about new spvp builds since mace/shield + GS and then hambow were introduced.

This forum has been the first victim of those builds.

The second has been our pride in making the class work. First it made me fall in love with the class, and now strips me away from all the pride playing it.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Burst. Poison.
Terrible suggestion.

Reduce the passive by XX% and increase the active by 50+% and you’d fix Healing Signet. Alternatively, they could just move Adrenal Health. Swap it with building momentum or something.

The passive healing is the problem, but I’m not convinced it’s solely Healing Signet or HS + AH + Shout/Banner + Whatever else.

Perhaps if they made Adrenal Health a trait in a DPS oriented line instead of the defensive line things would work themselves out.

I’m just worried the class as a whole won’t work at all if the adjustments are too heavy handed as HS+AH are really the only things keeping the class competetive right now. If they’re changed, rather substantial improvements in other areas will probably be needed.

The whole point of HS is to give the warrior class a STRONG PASSIVE HEAL With a WEAK ACTIVE HEAL.

That’s why it was made this way. Why would you want it to be the other way around? So it could be similar but inferior to our active heals?

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Burst. Poison.
Terrible suggestion.

The fact that PERMANENT poison might be a counter for warrior because it almost negates the regeneration the class bases its strength on is debatable.

I haven’t seen a discussion about new spvp builds since mace/shield + GS and then hambow were introduced.

The second has been our pride in making the class work. First it made me fall in love with the class, and now strips me away from all the pride playing it.

Burst is the counter. Poison is a weaker counter.
The warrior class is not OP. It is just very prevalent and the bane of terribad players.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Burst. Poison.
Terrible suggestion.

Burst is the counter. Poison is a weaker counter.
The warrior class is not OP. It is just very prevalent and the bane of terribad players.

True, too bad the hambow build can just shrug off burst thanks to endure pain, while putting enough pressure to make it hard too land.

Don’t misunderstand me: I can deal pretty well against hambows… but with my warrior. (kitten, I like the class THAT much)

in Warrior

Atherakhia.4086

Burst. Poison.
Terrible suggestion.

The whole point of HS is to give the warrior class a STRONG PASSIVE HEAL With a WEAK ACTIVE HEAL.

That’s why it was made this way. Why would you want it to be the other way around? So it could be similar but inferior to our active heals?

The complaint from day one has always been the signet has absolutely no reason to activate it. Reducing the passive heal so it’s on par with other heals and increasing the active for burst is a reasonable solution.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Burst. Poison.
Terrible suggestion.

The complaint from day one has always been the signet has absolutely no reason to activate it. Reducing the passive heal so it’s on par with other heals and increasing the active for burst is a reasonable solution.

The complaint is flawed since there are NUMEROUS situations in which you’ll either activate it to buy yourself a little more time or just die then and there.
Those 3000hps at the right time CAN make a difference.
The whole idea of this skill ( as i’ve explained a million times before) is that the PASSIVE is stronger than the ACTIVE. If you use it you WILL lose something. It is a gamble – do i heal now for a bit or not? Depends on your situation.
IF they change that not only will it not be on par with other heals ( since the passive heal is NOW on par with other ACTIVE healink skills) you’re ONLY making a worse variant of the warrior’s other active healing skills.
HOW does that resolve the issue of PASSIVE SUSTAIN? It doesn’t.

Is it clearer now?
You’re basically saying " take the skill that fixed the lack of PASSIVE SUSTAIN for warriors and make it into an ACTIVE HEAL just like the ones they already have because disregarding any form of logic is great".

@redslion

Hambow is dead now. The nerf killed it. I think it’s no longer an issue to any decent player at the moment.

in Warrior

Posted by: Adamus.1287

Adamus.1287

Right, now allow me to blow you all away with an actual, GROWN UP suggestion. Healing Signet passive “Heal for X amount based on your adrenaline”.
There, done, was that hard, no.
If you are playing a health regen warrior, you are not going to be using your adrenaline and this gives it something to do and since adrenaline is something you have to build up and that does deplete, it evens it out. Can you PLEASE stop complaining about this now. P.S i am aware that 15 points into warrior defense does give this same effect, so simply remove it, i personally think its more OP anyway since its 2 sourses of health regen and LIKELY what is keeping warriors using it alive as opposed to JUST the signet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Strong passive weak active is terrible design. It is, as far as I know, the only signet to made this way, for any class. All other signets encourage the user to activate them. Sure, most signet actives tend to be less impressive than other utilities, but that is because they give you a passive bonus when you don’t need to activate them.

If HS strong passive is the only thing keeping a warrior up and viable, then it is a poorly made bandaid for a larger underlying problem. It is insulting to have to rely on over scaled mechanics to be useful.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Why those other bullkitten professions can do it? Is it even legal do heal that much amount?

Healing signet by itself isn’t too bad. Combined with adrenal healing its outrageous. Also…warriors can’t blast finisher in water field?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blast_finisher

Yea, warriors are definitely not lacking in the blast finisher department, lol

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Healing signet by itself isn’t too bad. Combined with adrenal healing its outrageous. Also…warriors can’t blast finisher in water field?

How can 392HPS to 472HPS go from “not too bad” to “outrageous.”

Warriors only have one blast finisher out of all their weapons. If one isn’t lacking, then what is?

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I don’t know any warrior outside of PvE that sits on adrenaline so much for adrenal health to make a difference.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Make a build that can do 5k dmg over 11 seconds. That’s all you need to do. FYI..all professions can do this. The trick is now to hit the moving target, punch through any blocks w/ “cannot be blocked skills.” Berserkers wont block dmg..endure only lasts for 4 seconds (3 auto attacks.) I thought sometimes I see crazy play styles running dungeons/fractals..but i see more in PvP where people have this notion of making this or that that can generate these boons, avoid these attacks..but are entirely lacking in good old fashion, “I do dmg and stick on target.” You can’t heal someone to death. You can’t evade someone to death. You can’t boon someone to death. Dmg should be every PvP players main concern, followed by how they’re going to apply it and still live to fight the next person. If you not able to snare a target down and cut down the angles and do a sparse 5k dmg over 11 seconds..then I suggest you rework your build and accept you can’t tank everyone all day, but you can take down a few before you get dropped yourself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Where were all these people defending HS when Signet of Restoration got nerfed? Even pre-nerf it didn’t compare to HS’s current form because it had all the counters HS has and then a bunch more.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Where were all these people defending HS when Signet of Restoration got nerfed? Even pre-nerf it didn’t compare to HS’s current form because it had all the counters HS has and then a bunch more.

so you are saying that Elementalists cant outheal warrior HS ?!! lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Maesk.8753

Maesk.8753

Warriors only have one blast finisher out of all their weapons. If one isn’t lacking, then what is?

I can count 3 blast finishers and I don’t even play warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Reworking Healing Signet aswell as Healing Surge to reliably heal a good amount regarding the cd and what other classes have for their heal could remove the whole passive play issue, but oh well, I guess Healing Surge will continue to heal for a kittenty amount if you want to use your burst skills…

RIP game 2012-2014

in Warrior

Mightymealworm.8409

Change healing surge to always heal for stage 2 amount. No adrenaline, just heal. 1 bar, heal and get 5 seconds of vigor. 2 bars heal and 5 seconds regen. 3 bar heal and 5 seconds protection.

Mending, convert up to 3 conditions into 3 stacks of might each for 10 seconds.

Healing signet, reduce base to 300, up the scaling with healing power to reach about 500 with maximum investment. Active recharges adrenaline and recharges burst skill cool down.

Could be interesting?

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Change healing surge to always heal for stage 2 amount. No adrenaline, just heal. 1 bar, heal and get 5 seconds of vigor. 2 bars heal and 5 seconds regen. 3 bar heal and 5 seconds protection.

Healing signet, reduce base to 300, up the scaling with healing power to reach about 500 with maximum investment. Active recharges adrenaline and recharges burst skill cool down.

Could be interesting?

Even with stage 3 it wouldn’t be such a strong heal.

IMHO stage 2 would be pretty low hps. A value between stage 2 and 3 might be better.

(edit: now that I think of it, I didn’t count the boons, probably it would be the same thing)

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

I can count 3 blast finishers and I don’t even play warrior.

I said weapons, lrn2read.

Doing blast finishers with Banners…is…well…kitten.

in Warrior

Mightymealworm.8409

It would be a big buff to the lower stages though, especially if you don’t have to count on adrenaline for your healing. 5 sec vigor at stage 1 is enough for an extra dodge, 5 sec regen is a good bit more healing for stage 2, and who can complain about protection for stage 3, 5 seconds is actually pretty long for that boon. The point of the rework is to not punish the class mechanic for survival.

The change to mending makes it more of a counter to condi.

The change to hs is meant to give it an offensive use for offensive builds without as much free sustain, while enhancing its regen for tank builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

My opinion is HS passive should be nerfed (scalling better with healing and the active heal buffed, plus a activation bonus, (refresh stances/banners/shouts/physical utilities/movement skills/protection/breakstuns refreshed/whatever – like the mesmer signet). We need a reason to use HS active and that reason should be enough for warriors leave the passive healing for some time. Right now we dont have any reason to use it (HS active is very bad).

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Could be interesting?

Regarding HS – it was designed to give sustain to non-bunker type warriors.
The whole complaint here is from people that are encountering the " unkillable bunker wars that are traited for defense and regen" – if you make it heal for 500 if you trait into healing and bunkering prepare for some more backlash.

HS is fine.

in Warrior

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Oh, don’t even go there with comparing it to the Mesmer Signet. Mesmer’s need to have 3 illusions out for any regenerative effect to be active what so ever, that’s three extremely squishy illusions that can be broken by just looking harshly at them, and they still get less HP/s than what Warriors are getting. Mesmer’s also get their HP every 3 seconds (around ~1000), not every second. The active effect is nice, as it does let you create another Phantasm right away, which can be great for burst, but it also heals for a relatively puny ~5.6k with a THIRTY-FIVE second cooldown. At best you can trait it to be a 28s CD on it. That’s an extremely long time to go without any sort of healing.

Also, it’s not so much the Healing Signet alone that is making people angry, it’s the combined effect of the signet WITH the Adrenal Health and Regen. That’s when it starts getting annoying. Not every profession has reliable ways to apply Poison either. Poison doesn’t last forever, but usually for short durations, and it doesn’t stop healing altogether.

For a profession that already has the highest tier HP, heavy armor, extreme/great damage, extreme distance coverage (making them able to just laugh if they get anywhere near low health as they zip away)—that they also have some of the strongest HP/s in the game is frustrating. They are already strong as-is. Why should Warriors get to have the cake and eat it too? Why aren’t there any gives and takes? My Warrior gets to be good at everything all at once. I don’t like it, and I sure don’t like fighting against it on my other characters.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Warrior

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

I said weapons, lrn2read.

Doing blast finishers with Banners…is…well…kitten.

Uhm lb#3, warhorn#5, hammer f1?

RIP game 2012-2014

in Warrior

Mightymealworm.8409

Regarding HS – it was designed to give sustain to non-bunker type warriors.
The whole complaint here is from people that are encountering the " unkillable bunker wars that are traited for defense and regen" – if you make it heal for 500 if you trait into healing and bunkering prepare for some more backlash.

HS is fine.

I have to disagree with your take on HS intended design. Long term regen has a greater effect on a low damage bunker build vs. one built to kill quickly. Bunker builds need greater sustain or they are ineffective, but should do so at the cost of high damage. Hence, the need for healing power. A glass build should sacrifice sustain for killing power, hence the term ‘glass cannon’. 300 HP’s is still a 50% buff to its original design, and the new mechanic could be used for some serious high risk/reward plays.