Food Healing Nerfed?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

High Damage + Heavy Healing + Survivability and Protection with heavy condition removal (which warriors lack.) and the nice 15% damage reduction signet, cure 3 conditions every 10 seconds.

You should have mention the low hp pool and lack of basically any kind of CC or escape moves. The way you are writing, any class is better than the one you are currently playing

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Have you ever equipped a Hammer or Focus on your Guardian?

Plenty of CC.

As for escapes, Warriors don’t have any either.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

High Damage + Heavy Healing + Survivability and Protection with heavy condition removal (which warriors lack.) and the nice 15% damage reduction signet, cure 3 conditions every 10 seconds.

You should have mention the low hp pool and lack of basically any kind of CC or escape moves. The way you are writing, any class is better than the one you are currently playing

8k HP can be made up easilly with Vitality, Warriors don’t have any CC or Escape moves either.

And Actually, Hammer has Chill and Warriors have plenty of CC, if you count boons and the ability to make enemies “have to stop.”

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

“Food items that give special bonuses upon a critical hit now have an internal cooldown before they can produce the special bonus again.”

This could potentially mean that Omnomberry Pies/Ghosts will be nerfed quite a bit. All speculation on my part, of course. This would prove devastating to certain ’zerker builds, as it is what keeps them alive.

An entire playstyle crushed in one patch with no reason, nobody said it was overpowered in pve or pvp.

You dont think that a heavy armor wearing class that can pretty much get 100% crit rating and go full offensive in both traits and gear while being healed all the time isn’t overpowered?

I want what you smoke.

Warrior jumps into cluster of 15 mobs and just starts swinging and doing not only the most damage of any profession for their direct and crit damage but healing at the same time because they are criting on no less than 3 mobs at a time lol…. ya that wasn’t OP at all.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Just revisited my guardian now.

Quite amazing really.

It’s much, much stronger than warrior at bunkering/tanking and support.

The shouts are stronger, the damage reduction signet is stronger, better condition removal, better self and group healing, retaliation aegis prot regen etc for everyone, and even decent combo field spammage with hammer 2. It’s beautiful.

But everyone knows that.

(edited by xiv.7136)

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

“Food items that give special bonuses upon a critical hit now have an internal cooldown before they can produce the special bonus again.”

This could potentially mean that Omnomberry Pies/Ghosts will be nerfed quite a bit. All speculation on my part, of course. This would prove devastating to certain ’zerker builds, as it is what keeps them alive.

An entire playstyle crushed in one patch with no reason, nobody said it was overpowered in pve or pvp.

You dont think that a heavy armor wearing class that can pretty much get 100% crit rating and go full offensive in both traits and gear while being healed all the time isn’t overpowered?

I want what you smoke.

Warrior jumps into cluster of 15 mobs and just starts swinging and doing not only the most damage of any profession for their direct and crit damage but healing at the same time because they are criting on no less than 3 mobs at a time lol…. ya that wasn’t OP at all.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: the total Armour difference between Light and Heavy is less than 15%.

Regardless, Toughness/Vitality is of no consequence without sustain.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Namu.5712

I want what you smoke.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: the total Armour difference between Light and Heavy is less than 15%

That doesn’t negate the fact that warrior has the highest damage potential and highest crit because of the way traits work. Then add the food on top and its op because not only do they get the highest dps in the game they also now have the best health regen in the game….. and from a consumable… lol please. Time to do something else beside build full offensive zerker warriors guys…. though good warriors dont need the food, but you however cant sit there face tanking a pack of mobs without a care in the world.

Warrior + food ment best dps with amazing survivability while other class’s if they go with full dps they sacrifice everything else for it which is no the case for warriors. So the food nerf should have been expected really.

An ele with 12k hp full dps(or any other profession really) vs a warrior with 23k hp and 15% armor with better crit and better damage with food healing them…. you do the math … doesn’t change the fact that you still have better armor and the highest health pool second only to the necro. And thats coupled with the highest dps and crit rating in the game.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Warrior having the highest dps in the game? I’ll have what you’re smoking!

Do you even lift, bro?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Namu.5712

Couldn’t come up with something for a legit response so you resort to trolling lol nice.

Good day.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Warriors do have the highest DPS in the game, they just can’t use it anymore, because as soon as they go into melee they are downed.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

I’m pretty sure a glass cannon Thief will out-dps a glass cannon Warrior any day of the week.

Do you even lift, bro?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I’m pretty sure a glass cannon Thief will out-dps a glass cannon Warrior any day of the week.

Not true, Glass Cannon Warriors do almost double the damage a glass cannon thief does.

However with the changes, neither can survive melee combat anyways less your talking about pvp.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Okamakiri.8746

Okamakiri.8746

Not true, Glass Cannon Warriors do almost double the damage a glass cannon thief does.

However with the changes, neither can survive melee combat anyways less your talking about pvp.

AOE maybe. Single target, no way. I do waaaaaaay more damage on my thief.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Axe/X does more damage then any weapon in the game.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Okamakiri.8746

I don’t think that’s true even for just the Warrior, but without proper damage meters and logs it’s a moot argument.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I don’t think that’s true even for just the Warrior, but without proper damage meters and logs it’s a moot argument.

Lets see, Axe does more damage in its skills and its ‘1’ ability… Warriors have more +% damage then any class, even thief, its kind of self explanatory.

But that isn’t what the subject is about, its about how horrible Warrior Sustain is now.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Okamakiri.8746

Lets see, Axe does more damage in its skills and its ‘1’ ability… Warriors have more +% damage then any class, even thief, its kind of self explanatory.

- tooltips are wrong
- GS has more +% dmg
- when talking about all possible builds and gear setups for all classes in game, nothing is ever self explanatory
- again, without proper metrics, neither of us can prove anything, arguing is pointless

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Namu.5712

Dont confuse burst with DPS

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

There’s also the point that in a team environment, a Warrior improves team damage more than a Thief does.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Okamakiri.8746

lol… thanks for that condescending insight.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Seeing as I’ve never used food in dungeons, I really don’t understand what all the whining is about. Oh no, you are so underpowered now…you can no longer instantly get a dungeon group. The days of the “Group LF3M Berserker Warriors, have mesmer and guardian” are over! What are you going to do now?!

Seriously though, it’s amazing to see the amount of whining from what has been the most overpowered profession in PvE throughout the history of the game. No other profession is as sought after. That your food that made you gods got nerfed is pretty funny to me.

As for people saying that they can’t even melee anymore…learn to play the game. I main a Sword/Dagger thief in dungeons and have NEVER used healing food of any kind. I do just fine and use positioning and dodging to stay alive. If you want to just stand there and face-tank the enemies, you are playing the wrong game.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

People prefer to be fat, lazy and complacent. I can tell you right now, the devs do not want that to be the most effective path. If something in the game makes content so easy, it requires little to no thought to execute and foregoes learning, expect it to get nerfed.

Granted, using pie didn’t make the content stupidly easy, it did allow players to just face tank and not dodge. Rather than trying to jump on the next easy wagon, keep challenging yourself to do harder things and stop taking the easy path. I used Omnomberry pies too, but when I realized just how cake it made the content, I decided to do what I did but without pies. I still keep pie on me, but I only used it when things were really dire. Having this change sweep so many off their feet just goes to show you should never lean on one gimmick for your sole success. It only leads to your extinction.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Namu.5712

lol sorry that’s not how I meant it, but axe/mace or axe/axe your doing auto attacks for 3k-3.5k on crit… I don’t play a thief so I don’t know how hard a pure dps build hits, I do know your backstab hits for a truck load but other than that do you have a consistently high dps that doesn’t require init?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

lol sorry that’s not how I meant it, but axe/mace or axe/axe your doing auto attacks for 3k-3.5k on crit… I don’t play a thief so I don’t know how hard a pure dps build hits, I do know your backstab hits for a truck load but other than that do you have a consistently high dps that doesn’t require init?

No they do not, they have burst damage and that is about it.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Okamakiri.8746

D/D auto attack chain → CnD → BS takes about 3s to execute all together. BS hits like a truck, CnD hits almost as hard, and the AA chain also does a lot of fast hard hits (not as hard as axe, but faster). The overall DPS over that 3s is very high, and it’s repeatable infinitely without any downtime between each iteration.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Yeah, lets not fool ourselves. Thieves have way higher DPS and burst, but they do not have cleave, which is their Achilles Heel in dungeons. To call Warrior the “highest DPS class” is absurd.

Do you even lift, bro?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Guardians are the new warriors – high cleave damage, great support, food still works. Now with bonus retal, prot, regen, aegis, stability and better healing!

You will lose a bit of dps, but 4 guardian 1 mesmer was already godly and only marginally slower.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Guardians are the new warriors – high cleave damage, great support, food still works. Now with bonus retal, prot, regen, aegis, stability and better healing!

You will lose a bit of dps, but 4 guardian 1 mesmer was already godly and only marginally slower.

You replace that 7-12% loss in DPS with a nice and “sturdy body” and lots of nice condition removal.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Guardians are the new warriors …food still works.

Lol you keep saying this in the various threads. Repeating yourself doesn’t make it have more meaning.

If you mean Guardians didn’t cheat by 100% crit frenzy cleave 10+ mobs to constantly fill health, then yes. Food still works the same for them.

If you mean Warriors can’t use food the same as Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, etc use them, then no. Food still works the same for everyone now.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nekrosses.6059

Nekrosses.6059

Seriously, why the hell is this in the “warrior” section? I play a zerker warrior in every aspect of this game, PvE, WvW, and sPvP. I don’t need this food to stay alive.
Obviously, if you can’t, don’t play the build/class.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Guardians are the new warriors …food still works.

Lol you keep saying this in the various threads. Repeating yourself doesn’t make it have more meaning.

If you mean Guardians didn’t cheat by 100% crit frenzy cleave 10+ mobs to constantly fill health, then yes. Food still works the same for them.

If you mean Warriors can’t use food the same as Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, etc use them, then no. Food still works the same for everyone now.

Except now the Warrior class just sucks, needs protection/regeneration like everyone else now, new traits that improve there signets too, and also 10% damage reduction signet.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Okamakiri.8746

Seriously, why the hell is this in the “warrior” section? I play a zerker warrior in every aspect of this game, PvE, WvW, and sPvP. I don’t need this food to stay alive.

Probably because warriors are hit the hardest by the fix of this crutch. While the change to this food is good for the game, it’s a pretty big hit to warrior’s survivability. I never used it on my warrior, but I also always felt that my warrior had lower sustainability compared to my other classes. Hopefully with this crutch gone, warriors can finally be properly balanced.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Nekrosses.6059

Probably because warriors are hit the hardest by the fix of this crutch. While the change to this food is good for the game, it’s a pretty big hit to warrior’s survivability. I never used it on my warrior, but I also always felt that my warrior had lower sustainability compared to my other classes. Hopefully with this crutch gone, warriors can finally be properly balanced.

But honestly, some people shouldn’t rely on a certain thing, it’s stupid. They should change their build, change class if they can’t survive without it. IMHO.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

But honestly, some people shouldn’t rely on a certain thing, it’s stupid. They should change their build, change class if they can’t survive without it. IMHO.

Yes, because all Warriors should be 30 Vitality or Rifles or they should just quit.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Nekrosses.6059

Yes, because all Warriors should be 30 Vitality or Rifles or they should just quit.

Did I say that? No. I run a zerker build, and zerker gear (full zerk) I can survive without it.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Nekrosses.6059

Did I say that? No. I run a zerker build, and zerker gear (full zerk) I can survive without it.

Me too:

I’m not a guardian, I’m a warrior 20/25/0/10/15 – Full zerk, with Greatsword with Axe/Mace for alternative. I rarely use range.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Nekrosses.6059

Me too:

I’m not a guardian, I’m a warrior 20/25/0/10/15 – Full zerk, with Greatsword with Axe/Mace for alternative. I rarely use range.

Expect to die … A lot.

I do Dungeons daily, I do WvW almost everyday, you’d be surprised I don’t die that much. You realise, some people know how to dodge?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Comedy gold.

/15chars

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Me too:

Expect to die … A lot.

I do Dungeons daily, I do WvW almost everyday, you’d be surprised I don’t die that much. You realise, some people know how to dodge?

CoF isn’t that hard of a dungeon.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Nekrosses.6059

Me too:

Expect to die … A lot.

Lol I don’t do CoF, I meant more Arah, CoE.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Me too:

Expect to die … A lot.

Everyone does CoF P1 for the gold.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Nekrosses.6059

Me too:

Expect to die … A lot.

Everyone does CoF P1 for the gold.

Nope, not “everyone” does CoF p1 for gold, AC now gives roughly just as much.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Insisting that “everyone” does CoF P1 for the gold hardly refutes his position that he does fine in Arah and CoE because he knows how to evade.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Me too:

Expect to die … A lot.

This makes me feel more confidence in my playing

But I don’t do PvP and when I go WvW I just take my Elementalist and use a staff

…so I’m not a good player but mob AI is pretty simple when you study it.

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: DjAizen.7205

DjAizen.7205

It was nerfed, there is no doubt about it.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

It is a consumable Sigil of Blood.

Also known as useless.

Do you even lift, bro?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Also known as useless.

I don’t find it entirely useless… since I have about 70 to still use up T___T
What do you use in its place now? haha

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Also known as useless.

I don’t find it entirely useless… since I have about 70 to still use up T___T
What do you use in its place now? haha

Omnomberry… Bars! Or just Truffle Steaks for pure Power/Precision. Whatever.

Do you even lift, bro?

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: plaguebourne.5391

plaguebourne.5391

Over at the GW2Guru Warrior forums there was a discussion on lifesteal. (http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/80514-lifesteal-an-acute-approach-from-a-dual-axe-warrior/ – Toward the end of the thread is where the “extra damage” discovery was made and proven)

It was initially thought that the Pies simply healed for a portion of the crit… however, from the testing done it seems that not only was the food healing for ~325/crit, it was also doing that much extra damage to the mobs you were critting on, with no limit as to the number of mobs you could proc it on. I’m sure this was taken into consideration when they decided to put an ICD on it because it was really a bit ridiculous. I should not be able to run up into a bunch of mobs while at low health and with one whirling axe simultaneously kill them all and completely refill my health bar. That’s not “survivability”, that’s overpowered and too easy to be remotely fun.

Also, I play a full ‘Zerker warrior (Axe/X + Rifle). I am almost always in melee unless things get super hairy and my heal’s on CD, at which time I back out and use my rifle till I catch my breath, then jump back in and start dicing things to bits again. (Axe/X helps a ton with this, as since I’m not rooted in place like with GS abilities I can keep moving between dodges). I didn’t really have too many issues with survivability before I learned of the Pies, and so I likely still won’t now that they’re no longer as overpowered as they were.

I have also seen a lot of talk of “main tanks” in the food nerf threads I’ve been looking at and I’m wondering what game those folks are playing. There are no real “healers” in this game, so therefore it’s pretty easy to deduce that there aren’t intended to be “main tanks” either (not even taking into account that the game is not designed to have a “Holy Trinity” to start with anyhow). And if you’re geared for putting out some of the best damage in the game, then you shouldn’t be able to facetank mobs as though you’re geared for survivability by simply clicking on a food icon.

I don’t think the particular way they changed this was the way they necessarily should have handled it, but it did need SOME kind of change/fix. I’d have been more in favor or removing the extra 325 dmg folks were doing with each crit, which would in turn have lessened the gap between the players health and the mobs caused by the use of this food, than putting an ICD on it. This way, you’re still getting the heal survivability but you’re not melting groups of mobs nearly as quickly, thus bringing the balance closer in line.

Just my $.02.

Food Healing Nerfed?

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Over at the GW2Guru Warrior forums there was a discussion on lifesteal. (http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/80514-lifesteal-an-acute-approach-from-a-dual-axe-warrior/ – Toward the end of the thread is where the “extra damage” discovery was made and proven)

I’d assume everyone was aware of the extra damage the food procced on your crits…

But if you guys read that thread, there’s another approach you might be interested in for daunting PvE content: heal on kill. It still doesn’t have a cooldown so Sigil of Restoration will proc every time you get a kill and Omnomberry Compote will do the same and stack with the sigil. All you have to do is tag mobs and not die = profit. Curious if it is affected by healing power or not.

Only tried that sigil on my mesmer and it worked decently well since the entirety of her gear is offensive (berserker/rampager mix) and her means of survival is to not get hit. If you want some sustain, there are options out there. Just don’t expect them to be as broken as Omnom Pie.