Guide For A-Net: How To Fix Warriors in PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

The only time having more than one warrior is worth while is when u have no to ele or engi to might stack

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

It is really sad that warrior has become this combat cleric who buffs his teamates but offensively, shouldnt that be the role of a guardian.

Guardian is the defensive combat cleric.

This is just bad design, really bad design.

I don’t agree with that. Bad design would be if they have no utilities for group buffing and weren’t in the meta at all.

Guardian should be both cleric, warrior is not a cleric. i did not make my warrior, so i can buff my teamates. not to mention guardian is offensively superior then warrior.

Pure passive off CD spam buffing is bad design. i don’t see how you can’t understand it.
If being in a broken meta for being a banner bot is good design im glad that you are not a designer.

Just because you don’t understand the class and what you “made it for” doesn’t mean anything. The class was designed as an offensive support class in pve. You don’t like it? Oh well.

You drop your banners off cool down? Weird. I drop mine tactically based on the timing of the dungeon so I can maximize uptime. I’m sorry you don’t like that warrior is an offensive buff bot. I’m sure you’re mad that elementalists are aoe dps and might bots and thief is a stealth spamming backstab bot.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

The only time having more than one warrior is worth while is when u have no to ele or engi to might stack

I main a Guardian in PvE and found that stacking might for the party can be as easy and efficient as that of an engi’s, without much altering in build or setup too. Of course, might stacking Guardians aren’t a norm, but a Guardian can offer his share of offensive support (well, only might) as good as the popular classes if so desired.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

PS: @yellowdemon

ranger has better dps and comaprable dps-buffing utilities, if the sword auto chain wasn’t as whacky as it is they’d be much more popular in dugneons. also they have the polar opposite of what makes warrior desirable. bad players can fail on a ranger REALLY hard, all it takes is poor pet aggro management.

engi has an amount of support that warriors can’t even get close to, condi removal, healing, reflections/blocks, might stacking, vuln stacking even stealth all in one package. it just takes a decent player to make good use of it.

I don’t know much about engi (just the basics) so I’ll pass on that.

About rangers, since I main one, yesrangers have better dps, but still can’t compare it to 2 banner warrior. I agree with what you said, bad players do fail on rangers, very much. Although ranger is not a stackable class. If you have 1 ranger on your group, a second one will be 100% waste of slot. While you can have 2 and sometimes 3 warriors (not saying its good, but it does work very decently).

What I’m saying is that for a class with that many amount of buffs, and desirability, it would be silly to have one of the best dps’s on the game as well.

In the end, every speedrun group will have a warrior. You can have a ranger, and it does help, but it is not nessessary unless you wanna do world records.

I’m not hating on warriors or something, but I think after 2 years, warriors are now more ballanced than ever (PvE).

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Most of warrior’s utility skills aren’t useful in groups. There’s some situations in which Fear Me/Bolas can be handy (really really niche), but aside from that it’s just banners/FGJ/signet of fury.

But this is kind of similar to what it’s like for other classes too, so the utility skills aren’t as much of an issue.

I think what the warrior needs the most is obviously what I listed on the first post, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted it lol. They shouldn’t be at the bottom of the spectrum in terms of DPS just because they were designed to be “offensively supportive.” How would that make sense, along with a guardian whose role is to be “defensively supportive” having higher DPS?

The logic behind that… I don’t follow. If there are other classes capable of vastly superior DPS and utility then there’s no reason for warrior to not be capable of doing more than just passive offensive support.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Nobody said that it is a fact that he was desigend for and HAS to be an offensive supporter but it is a fact that he IS an offensive supporter ATM.
His strenght is to buff the group and he is doing this better than many other classes are able to.
And until he is buffing a group that good and that better than other classes like the ranger and engineer it is unjustified to buff the dps even about only 1 dps.
If you want to change the role of a warrior from supporter to damage dealer you have firstly to reduce the support opportunities.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I already made it abundantly obvious that I disagree with you dominik. I was replying to somebody else.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

Guardian DPS with 100% UC uptime is less than 10,000dps. Warrior. even with the nerfs smokes that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Guardian DPS with 100% UC uptime is less than 10,000dps. Warrior. even with the nerfs smokes that.

Are you trolling?. Guardian auto-attacking with his sword do 9.1k dps wihtout UC (that’s like the easiest dps to calculate that i could find). How can UC + rotation with a GS could only give him a 10% increase in dps, when UC alone is 20% and since its multiplicative it add more around 45% in dmg. This is nonsense.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

(edited by Thaddeus.4891)

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

Guardian sword auto is terrible. Please refer to Dekeyz spreadsheet. Her numbers show guardian with 25% UC uptime. Take those numbers and add 15% to see what 100% uptime looks like. It’s still terrible even then and not at all realistic in practice. I know its hard to part with long held ideas but please do.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

I just did the math for the fun of it.

Guardian sword auto with 45005 and 5 boons and 100% UC uptime and full party buffs = 8,365 dps.

TEW STORNK

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Guardian sword auto with 45005 and 5 boons and 100% UC uptime and full party buffs = 8,365 dps.

TEW STORNK

Why 4/5/0/0/5? That’s a support build? That’s the build I proposed to new ppl in my guild when they want to learn to play the guardian but have a hard time to stay alive.

Take 4/6/2/0/2 if you want to use UC or 6/6/2/0/0 if you want the number without UC.

9.0-9.1K is with the build 6/6/2/0/0 and with 4/6/2/0/2 its about 8.6-8.7k with UC at zero uptime. Again only with sword-auto attack.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

For entirely selfish reasons I would like PvE warrior DPS to back where it was before the greatsword nerf.

From a game design standpoint, I completely understand why the change was made.

Also from that standpoint I worry that further nerfs are coming. I am fairly certain anet will keep nerfing PVE warrior until they are interchangeable with Rangers in party compositions.

Why was the change made? How was warrior dps too good before?!

Before the war nerf ranger buff

warriors made 12k dps and banners improved party dps overall by 23%.

Rangers made 10k DPS and frostspotter improved team dps by 12%.

after the war nerf ranger buff

Warriors make 11.5k DPS and banners improve party dps by 23%

Rangers make 12k DPS and frostspotter improves party dps by 12%.

My opinion is that on the pve side Anet intends to have warrior and ranger fill roughly analogous roles (offensive DPS support). I don’t see them buffing ranger personal dps more, or buffing frost spirit or spotter more. So what options does it leave for bringing them to parity? Nerfing warrior personal dps or nerfing banners. If you nerf the warrior personal dps enough the 11% benefit of the banners vs. frostspotter will cancel out. Or they could just nerf banners harshly. Or do both and make Rangers meta in place of warrior.

I’m not for this, but then again I am not a Ranger player.

I doubt this is the right way to go about it since the equivalent risk both professions take in order to achieve maximum dps is different.
I doubt a full dps warrior and a full dps ranger are put under the same amount of risk – so with lower risk I feel both personal and buff dps for ranger should be lower.

If they do this it’ll be a terrible blow to warrior.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

TEW STORNK

Why 4/5/0/0/5? That’s a support build? That’s the build I proposed to new ppl in my guild when they want to learn to play the guardian but have a hard time to stay alive.

Take 4/6/2/0/2 if you want to use UC or 6/6/2/0/0 if you want the number without UC.

9.0-9.1K is with the build 6/6/2/0/0 and with 4/6/2/0/2 its about 8.6-8.7k with UC at zero uptime. Again only with sword-auto attack.

Yes please insult me more. It really proves your point. Please don’t lecture me on builds and what they are used for. And please don’t brag to me about your guild and what you suggest to noobs.

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

TEW STORNK

Yes please insult me more. It really proves your point. Please don’t lecture me on builds and what they are used for. And please don’t brag to me about your guild and what you suggest to noobs.

I wasn’t trying to insult you btw. Sorry if you felt it that way. I’m not lecturing you on build either. I’m just saying. I just think that its not really fair to compare the warrior best dps build versus the build of a support guardian.

How did I bragged about my guild?

Again. Sorry if you felt insulted. That’s not my goal here.