How Warriors work in this game

in Warrior

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

^ this x10,000 Warrior is sooooooooo boring to play. Every other game I played warrior is a twitch button masher. GW2 warrior is a snoozefest. Partially because 50% of their utilities are garbage. I mean it’s like at least 5 of them are just filler because they couldn’t think of any creative utility to give a warrior.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in Warrior

Posted by: Liltaro.6341

Liltaro.6341

Vanilla syndrome. Credits for that name to the poster I don’t remember.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

You can scratch Omnomberry Pies off that list.

They were nerfed to kitten.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

You guys do realize that tanky warrior is actually more tanky than a guardian right? So basically ANet gave you the 2 extremes, and you still complain for lack of versatility o.O

Not to mention that shout healer warrior heals more than a guardian if built right on shorter reuse time, and banner warrior is really great to have in a group.

Now if your playstyle is to go full glass cannon and hope to kill before getting killed, I don’t see why you are here whining about lack of versatility

Just my 2 cents lol

PS: Also these days I find myself playing hammer on my warrior alt because of the CC superiority. And coming from a guardian who HATES the hammer there, I think the warrior hammer is great.

Kill Shot on the rifle is pretty bad skill, and if it crits it basically kills.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

You guys do realize that tanky warrior is actually more tanky than a guardian right?

Hahahahahahahahaha

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I liked axe / mace the most, because of the last skill of mace. I tried to go full knight, full cleric, full carrion and full soldier + few mixtures with ruby or beryl jewels. Nothing worked as well as berserker. Why is that? Self healing abilities:

• Vigorous Shouts
  • Adrenal Health
  • Healing Signet
  • Omnomberry Pie

Learn to dodge and when to back off.

I’m mostly just PUGing different dungeons. If I get a team with huge DPS we just eat everything before they eat us. Otherwise we struggle and it doesn’t matter how much support build I make.

Break this flawed perspective. Most mobs are just sacks of HP. You don’t just ‘eat it before it eats you’, not when mobs are stupid and can be outsmarted. You outlast mobs, pure and simple.

Warriors in this game are very broken. Why the hell can D/D elementalist survive more at melee range than warrior?

Probably because they sit on bunker traits and defensive utilities. The FotM D/D elementalist is a bunker that doesn’t do comparative damage to your average zerker warrior.

So your complaint amounts to “Why can a player with a build centered around survival outsurvive my weak-kitten sustain and lack of survival instinct?”

We (I should say you, because I’m refunding) shouldn’t be just high DPS machines, but toe-to-toe with guardians: the only 2 professions that can truly survive at melee range. Although guardians can already do that.

Or you can put away your zerker gear and build defensively until you learn to dodge so that you can make use of that zerker gear properly.

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

You guys do realize that tanky warrior is actually more tanky than a guardian right?

Hahahahahahahahaha

I suppose you haven’t seen a good bunker warrior. A good bunker warrior, wouldn’t just stay in one place and take a beating. But yeah, go ahead facepalm and laugh all you want.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

So. Very. Wrong.

Guardian self-healing blows Warrior self-healing out of the water. Warriors also do not have access to neither Protection nor Aegis.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

Stat-wise you can get more toughness, a lot more toughness, on a lot higher vitality pool. Also, depending on build you also get a lot of CC. Warrior’s shield makes you invulnerable for few seconds, where aegis makes you invulnerable for 1 hit. And you still keep the bursts.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Just… stop replying. You’ve no idea what you’re talking about. Toughness and Health pool means nothing without the means to replenish your Health in the same way a Guardian does. Also, in top of easy access to Protection, Guardians have a signet that cuts 10% of all damage received. That alone is better than anything Warriors have.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Ssshh, It is okay. Warriors without Onom ghost aren’t actually bad at all if you’re skilled at it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

1. Toughness scales badly, even 3,7k is not enough
2. Vitality pool is an illusions, u can have even 100k hp without sustain u goes down.
3. Mace/shield? 3 short stuns and thats all about it
4. Shield stance can be bypassed easily, lasting for 3sec, cd 24 if trained.
5. 1 hit per 1! aegis, u forgot to mention.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Ssshh, It is okay. Warriors without Onom ghost aren’t actually bad at all if you’re skilled at it.

Nice attempt at creating a strawman, bro.

We’re talking tankyness here, nothing else.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

You guys do realize that tanky warrior is actually more tanky than a guardian right? So basically ANet gave you the 2 extremes, and you still complain for lack of versatility o.O

Not to mention that shout healer warrior heals more than a guardian if built right on shorter reuse time, and banner warrior is really great to have in a group.

Now if your playstyle is to go full glass cannon and hope to kill before getting killed, I don’t see why you are here whining about lack of versatility

Just my 2 cents lol

PS: Also these days I find myself playing hammer on my warrior alt because of the CC superiority. And coming from a guardian who HATES the hammer there, I think the warrior hammer is great.

Kill Shot on the rifle is pretty bad skill, and if it crits it basically kills.

Do you realize that you should stop posting if you’re going to spew utter nonsense?
It’s been known for quite some time that Warrior is tankier in terms of raw stats.
Guardians tanking capabilities come from their skills. A guardian with his boons up will out-tank a warrior. It’s not even close.

Hahahahahahahahaha

I suppose you haven’t seen a good bunker warrior. A good bunker warrior, wouldn’t just stay in one place and take a beating. But yeah, go ahead facepalm and laugh all you want.

I’ve seen good bunker warriors.
You’re point is? A guardian will just stay in one place and take a beating?
Whatever warrior can do in terms of defense, a guardian can do better.
Learn to play a Guardian before you post. It’s not all about raw stats.

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

Give me guardian build and I’ll tell you how a good warrior can outperform that

PS: I solo lupi for the most part on guardian, so I think I know what guardian can and can not do.

I’ve seen some some extraordinary warriors in sPvP that most guardian players can’t come even close, so don’t tell me what warrior can and cannot do.
With the heal elite guardian is unkillable – true, but that’s 20-25 seconds.
After the patch guardian got a huge boost on staff so that adds up, but I’m mainly speaking prior to patch anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stelli.3607

Stelli.3607

So you are angry because you are dealing more damage than guardians but you don’t have the same tankyness as you call it?
If you want to survive longer battles you now have to make your build around that rather than going full zerker and using a food to get absurd healing.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Give me guardian build and I’ll tell you how a good warrior can outperform that

Haha, I love how you suddenly tweak your statement.
Oh, when did it become outperform rather than out-tank?
Give you a build? Are you incapable of doing something as simple as that?
Look at guardian skills and just pick whatever you think a pure tank (which is rarely utilized) would do, and explain to me how a warrior would outdo it.
Seeing how even a signet gives 10% damage reduction, don’t even know how you’ll even get anywhere close.

So you are angry because you are dealing more damage than guardians but you don’t have the same tankyness as you call it?
If you want to survive longer battles you now have to make your build around that rather than going full zerker and using a food to get absurd healing.

I think you’ve never played a warrior end-game so you shouldn’t be talking.
Warriors did not have much viable survivability beyond food.
It’s not a matter of surviving longer… it’s a matter of surviving at all unless we hit once and go ranged for the next minute.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Not enough to do what?

2. Vitality pool is an illusions, u can have even 100k hp without sustain u goes down.

This is foolish. I’d understand if you were of the opinion it isn’t as effective of a trait for Warriors or if you left out the last part…but this is just foolishness.

You will be better than you are now if you had more HP. Why? because the difference is you might not be dead. Pure and simple. If you can get by with a smaller HP pool then YES! Get toughness. But you apparently can’t. So don’t turn your nose up to Vit.

I’m not a mace mainhand fan, but shield offhand is great. More armor with it equipped, trait increases toughness while lowering cooldown and you can use it offensively. I.e. stop big attacks with bash and use block to not have to dodge away from big attacks to stay in foe’s face. With more traits, you can gain might for blocking. You can reflect projectiles. So on and so forth. It’s the versatility of the weapon you want not so much using it to only keep you alive.

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

I think the only incompetent person here are you the ones whining o.O
I’m pretty sure you diss the warrior as viable tank because you can’t really play it. Of course it’s a lot easier on guardi since the profession is focused toward survivability, and technically its obvious that guardian is better, on paper. But you miss one major point, the player skill.

Also what makes you think that most guardians actually use the 10% reduction signet o.O
I have yet to see a guardian having that signet in the buff bar xD You are hillarious.

One big learn2play for all of you

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

I have yet to see a guardian having that signet in the buff bar xD You are hillarious.

The fact that such an awesome Signet is rarely used pretty much shows you how tanky a Guardian is by default.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Not enough to do what?

This is foolish. I’d understand if you were of the opinion it isn’t as effective of a trait for Warriors or if you left out the last part…but this is just foolishness.

You will be better than you are now if you had more HP. Why? because the difference is you might not be dead. Pure and simple. If you can get by with a smaller HP pool then YES! Get toughness. But you apparently can’t. So don’t turn your nose up to Vit.

I’m not a mace mainhand fan, but shield offhand is great. More armor with it equipped, trait increases toughness while lowering cooldown and you can use it offensively. I.e. stop big attacks with bash and use block to not have to dodge away from big attacks to stay in foe’s face. With more traits, you can gain might for blocking. You can reflect projectiles. So on and so forth. It’s the versatility of the weapon you want not so much using it to only keep you alive.

Im running on 1,7k toughness with forge runes on 20k hp, i need to get more?

My friend that plays guardian running in full zerk gear, has maybe 12k hp at best and can survive far longer than i do, i understand everything is ok?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I think the only incompetent person here are you the ones whining o.O
I’m pretty sure you diss the warrior as viable tank because you can’t really play it. Of course it’s a lot easier on guardi since the profession is focused toward survivability, and technically its obvious that guardian is better, on paper. But you miss one major point, the player skill.
Also what makes you think that most guardians actually use the 10% reduction signet o.O
One big learn2play for all of you

You truly are stupid. Please learn to read. This is a learn2read issue for you.
You said show me a build and you’ll find a way to beat it.
I said that if you just plainly stacked anything that looks defensive, like the 10% sig, than a guardian would easily out-tank a warrior.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about you. You have never played an end-game warrior and you are incapable of competent thought. Have a good one, troll~

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

Awesome, sure xD Now be a good boy and do the maths and see how much is 10% in a fight. Unless you have protection up, it’s not really worth it, and if you waste an utility slot on it you lose either stability/stun breaker or condition removal or protection buff. I’m sorry but I won’t do this to my tank xD

PS: I’ve done enough of WvW and sPvP versus all kind of opponents, so I know what im talking about, after all im at ~4,400, I don’t play since yesterday

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Anything that deals with percent rather than a fixed number is awesome. It is kitten well better than 80 Toughness on Dolyak Signet, that’s for sure.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Awesome, sure xD Now be a good boy and do the maths and see how much is 10% in a fight. Unless you have protection up, it’s not really worth it, and if you waste an utility slot on it you lose either stability/stun breaker or condition removal or protection buff. I’m sorry but I won’t do this to my tank xD

Anything that deals with percent rather than a fixed number is awesome. It is kitten well better than 80 Toughness on Dolyak Signet, that’s for sure.

Think Oglaf put it nicely.
Cry more hahaha

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Im sure that CookMETEnder and Oglaf wants to see u in action. I wants to see that too.
So how about meeting in arah or fractals 30+ and u show us hows good u tank? Prove us we need l2p.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Im sure that CookMETEnder and Oglaf wants to see u in action. I wants to see that too.
So how about meeting in arah or fractals 30+ and u show us hows good u tank? Prove us we need l2p.

I second this solution.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

My friend that plays guardian running in full zerk gear, has maybe 12k hp at best and can survive far longer than i do, i understand everything is ok?

I dunno. Are you dying? If you are, then you need to practice.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I hardly dying, i just moves to rifle when things goes bad for me, but i wants to stay in melee entire time like guardians does. IT IS HARD TO GET?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

I hardly dying, i just moves to rifle when things goes bad for me

Nailed it.

Melee Warriors are the new melee Thieves in PvE. The only difference before was that thanks to your cleave+Pies we could sustain ourselves where Thieves can’t. Now that has changed.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

After spending more than 700 hours just making builds and just focusing on playing warrior, do you think I didn’t learn when to dodge?

Read again what I posted. I tried tanky build, I tried condition build, I tried healing build, I tried hybrid build, I tried endurance build and a lot more! I spent my days making build, trying them out in dungeon, spending kittenload of gold. That’s my end game.

Have you learned to manipulate enemy AI?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I hardly dying, i just moves to rifle when things goes bad for me, but i wants to stay in melee entire time like guardians does. IT IS HARD TO GET?

Exactly. Not even 100% melee… I want to stay enough to actually get adequate use out of my melee weapons. Crit foods allowed that. W/ full knight/cavalier (ruby), AoE was still hitting me quite hard. Crit food + dodges let me use my melee reasonably.
Without crit food, I feel like I get to poke the mobs leg then run behind a rock and shoot at it.

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

Nailed it.

Melee Warriors are the new melee Thieves in PvE. The only difference before was that thanks to your cleave+Pies we could sustain ourselves where Thieves can’t. Now that has changed.

But with heavy armor which apparently means nothing, right? xD
Have you ever played a thief? Do you know how to evade mob attack without dodge?

If answer is no to either of those questions, I have some very, very bad news for you

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Nailed it.

I asked u about something, mind u to answer me?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Nailed it.

I agree. Seems like he’s dodging now that he knows he’s wrong.
Also I rather have stealth over a heavy armor character with no sustainability beyond it.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

So you want to 1-2-1 with one weapon all day? It can be done, it’s just not always easy.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Nailed it.

Have you ever played a thief? Do you know how to evade mob attack without dodge?

If answer is no to either of those questions, I have some very, very bad news for you

The difference in total armour between Heavy and Light is less than 15%.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

What you want 1on1? I would rather that!

Now ontopic, you guys need to visit youtube, and see what melee warriors are capable of with proper player skill. Soloing lupi, going solo to lupi, soloing AC path 1, in which I may add MANY pugs FAIL. Player skill can bring you quite far c:

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

Nailed it.

I agree. Seems like he’s dodging now that he knows he’s wrong.
Also I rather have stealth over a heavy armor character with no sustainability beyond it.

If that’s what you rather, why do you complain in a warrior subforum? Just roll a thief, lol, see if it is better

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

So you want to 1-2-1 with one weapon all day? It can be done, it’s just not always easy.

You seem to be dodging as well.
It’s not a matter of 1-2-1.
It’s a matter of being able to stay in melee long enough to utilize all our skills.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Seriously, try soloing a dungeon for a while. You don’t have to beat it, or even get past the first mob. But just try to sit in the shoes of one of those dungeon soloers. You’d have to be ashamed to be unable to survive with 4 other guys beside you when even I an half solo some of this crap.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Now ontopic, you guys need to visit youtube, and see what melee warriors are capable of with proper player skill. Soloing lupi, going solo to lupi, soloing AC path 1, in which I may add MANY pugs FAIL. Player skill can bring you quite far c:

I dont think u worth my time for 1v1. Even if u pay me 100g i can use better that time than wasting a second with troll.

I asked u to show how amazing u r in tanking, but seems u dont mind show us were wrong, thats bc u cant mr troll.

Solo lupi? Of course, with omno pies! And why i have to watch other wars video, show one of u

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

It’s a matter of being able to stay in melee long enough to utilize all our skills.

What if I tell you that maybe just MAYBE you may have to step back for a second, and then continue blowing skills. You know, facerolling is not the way to go in gw2

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

What if I tell you that maybe just MAYBE you may have to step back for a second, and then continue blowing skills. You know, facerolling is not the way to go in gw2

Mind u to finally give us answer? Asked u nicely to show hows good u tanks in arah or fractals 30+ and i would like to get answer.

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

I dont think u worth my time for 1v1. Even if u pay me 100g i can use better that time than wasting a second with troll.

I asked u to show how amazing u r in tanking, but seems u dont mind show us were wrong, thats bc u cant mr troll.

Solo lupi? Of course, with omno pies! And why i have to watch other wars video, show one of u

Hehe, where are your balls of steel now xD

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

Mind u to finally give us answer? Asked u nicely to show hows good u tanks in arah or fractals 30+ and i would like to get answer.

Dude do I look like someone that is going to spent 10+ gold just to prove you wrong? Go cry somewhere else, or learn to play

Newsflash: Guardians die at arah too, sorry to break it to you

in Warrior

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

No guardian is staying in melee the entire time…

also,

I read the forums and I cant believe I am playing the same class as the posters…
one small balance of obviously overpowered consumable abuse…
and the whine is over nine thousand…

the pie is still good, instead of healing 20K HP in one AOE, it now like second regeneration… 325HP per second, as it was intended to be….

warriors are fine, all glass cannons builds that had huge damage output and imba survivability due to this consumable abuse got balanced.
as it supposed to be…

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

No guardian is staying in melee the entire time…

BLASPHEMY!!!! X.O Q_Q What do you mean guardians dodge and stay run away

/sarcasm

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Of course they dodge.

They freaking heal when they dodge!

kitten

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Ravenmoon.5318

[Mod edit: post removed]

I actually never used foods on any of my characters and I got dungeon master and all that shiz. Although lately I use Skale Venom which saddly got removed in WvW right after I started using it >.>

Has any of you noticed that warrior can swap weapon sets within 5 seconds in combat mode.

PS: The only huge issue I see on warrior is that cripple and chill make the gap closers a bit useless, for which I made a thread. I guess people disagree with me and it makes sense for ele to get full range gap closer with chill and cripple and warrior leap for less than a dodge roll, go figure

And btw, do not forget that guardians ate huge nerf few months ago and it was a skill and builds nerf. You shouldn’t complain for a thing like a food. You were gaining unfair advantage over other players without it, which did just as fine with some cautios

Seen any spirit weapon guardian lately? Symbol guardians? No? Good. People moved on and came up with even better builds.

(edited by Moderator)