in Warrior

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

Good enough to dust off my condition/crit build? =P

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I used to play tanky shouts build for front line zerg pre patch.

Right now with 20% reduction, warhorn improv, and healing shouts traits. I heal for 4k every 20 sec with 2 shouts (450 healing power, shake it off and for great justice) plus the healing signet this is pretty op healing for 30k health and 3300 armor.

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

So that’s an extra 200 health per second to trade of against putting 30 points into a mediocre trait line, getting 2 traits in that line and using 2 mediocre utilities (Sio and FGJ are okish, but there are way better utilities to bring as a warrior). At least, playing pvp/wvw that is.

People use the abbreviation ‘OP’ without knowing what it means.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

OP means “obviously pointless”. At least in the case of healing shouts.

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I believe Anet should understand the problem of shout healing isn’t the amount of healing per se, but the fact one is forced to lock all 3 utilities to a narrow selection of mediocre utilities in order to get the full effect.

They could make the trait into something like “using a shout heals 4000hp, 20 second internal cooldown”, that way one is only forced to keep one shout on its bar.
Else shout healing will only be really good when we’ll get more shouts to pick from.

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

I believe Anet should understand the problem of shout healing isn’t the amount of healing per se, but the fact one is forced to lock all 3 utilities to a narrow selection of mediocre utilities in order to get the full effect.

They could make the trait into something like “using a shout heals 4000hp, 20 second internal cooldown”, that way one is only forced to keep one shout on its bar.
Else shout healing will only be really good when we’ll get more shouts to pick from.

The trait isn’t meant to define a build. Just like most other traits it’s just there to supplement what you were already using. If you don’t like shouts that much (who would?) then you wouldn’t bother with the trait.

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

The ‘improved’ interaction between Soldier Runes and Warhorn trait was fixed this patch so … it’s OKish. Honestly, (the 3) Shout talents are way too many in this line and should just be combined given the lackluster 5, 15 and 25 pt talents. Remember, there is also another Shout talent in Discipline so it is strange to have 4 talents taken over 2 skill trees to have one mechanic work to its full potential.

And spec’ing up a talent tree shouldn’t feel like it takes 10 or 20-pts to have any improvement in a spec (it would be a different story if the +boon was +healing in this line, but it isn’t – and that would screw up banner builds). In other words, shout talents should be in the Toughness line. Banner talents should be in the Vitality line (like they are now) as they both are still competing for the same functional “support” benefit from Warriors.

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

So that’s an extra 200 health per second to trade of against putting 30 points into a mediocre trait line, getting 2 traits in that line and using 2 mediocre utilities (Sio and FGJ are okish, but there are way better utilities to bring as a warrior). At least, playing pvp/wvw that is.

For a tanky spec 2 shout with soldier runes. SIO remove 2 conditions (and one for allies, plus break stuns), one more for FGJ and you get boons you need to deal damage with PVT/cavalier armor. Plus FGJ is aoe boon (20% critical for 5 allies plus might)

With quick breathing you convert conditions to boons with horn (i run hammer sword/warhorn). Plus the horn #4 remove more conditions.

Adrenal heal, healing signet plus the healings shouts, with 30k health and 3400 armor, with 20% critical (almost perma fury to 40% with FGJ and signet of rage) with 3200 attack damage and 40% critical damage, all CD reduced by traits in utilities and weapons and 450 healing power….

yes, is pretty op for a tank frontline zerg. I survive a LOT (i have a guardian and i survive more than my tanky guardian) and deal a lot more damage.

You can see the build in action here (without healing shout buffed, now is better).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLvFxfXpjRA&list=TLniIO6Enx3wrsb41joiBT5MjcecBYXtaj

And the trait line is not mediocre. You can spec banners with that traitline if you need. You know, that kind of buff, debuff, condi removal and that things with coordination wins zergs fights.

(edited by urieldhynne.2743)

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

For a tanky spec 2 shout with soldier runes. SIO remove 2 conditions (and one for allies, plus break stuns), one more for FGJ and you get boons you need to deal damage with PVT/cavalier armor. Plus FGJ is aoe boon (20% critical for 5 allies plus might)

With quick breathing you convert conditions to boons with horn (i run hammer sword/warhorn). Plus the horn #4 remove more conditions.

Adrenal heal, healing signet plus the healings shouts, with 30k health and 3400 armor, with 20% critical (almost perma fury to 40% with FGJ and signet of rage) with 3200 attack damage and 40% critical damage, all CD reduced by traits in utilities and weapons and 450 healing power….

yes, is pretty op for a tank frontline zerg. I survive a LOT (i have a guardian and i survive more than my tanky guardian) and deal a lot more damage.

You can see the build in action here (without healing shout buffed, now is better).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLvFxfXpjRA&list=TLniIO6Enx3wrsb41joiBT5MjcecBYXtaj

And the trait line is not mediocre. You can spec banners with that traitline if you need. You know, that kind of buff, debuff, condi removal and that things with coordination wins zergs fights.

LOL. I enjoyed that video ROFL thanks~

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

I’m just upset I cannot carry empower allies and traited warhorn for 20 points no more =(

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

I like the traitline… a lot…

But it ain’t one to take if you run solo.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

Warhorn trait is just bad now anyway. It got decent with the bug, but it’s back to being useless.

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

Great improvements to the shout build imo…..just a shame i cant use my utilities due to the lag…

How are shout heals now?

in Warrior

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i think shouts are good alternatives if u have a lot heavy guardian buddy in the front line with tons of stability but not to much healing. i think its rare

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+