How do warriors beat triple meds?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jhughes.8341

Jhughes.8341

I am new to warrior, but around 2.5k hours in game, 90% of which has been wvw roaming or pvp.

I’d like to think I understand the game/profession mechanics pretty well.. but I cannot beat a triple med guard on this war. I have tried every combination of weapons and trait spread ( power specs only )

So my question to ye warrior forum, how does a power war, beat a triple med guardian?

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

you don’t, you run away. (with your “OP” mobility.)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

Hammer with Merci If they’re bad.
But if they’re any decent at all they shouldn’t lose to you.
You wanna know how to?
Run the Medi Warrior equivlent with Shouts.
Axe+Wh/ Hammer.
I prefer Hoelbrak Runes.
You can Run CI or Merci hammer, i have enough cleansing so I run Merci hammer. Also you have so much weakness, just use hammer 2 and WH 5 wisely. Still a tough match though since its cheese v cheese.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

poison and weakness

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Theloseronian.2075

Theloseronian.2075

Call in more buddies too. Some help never hurts.

in Warrior

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

Just range and use longbow f1 keep them I’m you fire field and they should die in no time, if you try to meele it’s you are more likely to get killed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

poison and weakness

^this and will be a very fast combat.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

To be honest. I Love my warrior, but I also have a guardian. You don’t beat. A well played meditation offguard will almost always down a well played warrior. It is no secret that guard melee build doesn’t suffer the same bugs as warrior. Teleport is reliable..rush skills are not. This is the number one, and most fair compliant players have with the warrior nerfs. They were dumbed down, watered down and generally weakened due to overwhelming community demand that guard does reasonably the same damage, has better in combat movement, more blocks, viable cleanse etc..

Now were seeing ppl hate on engi and ele and solid bunker builds..why? because their natural predator (Hugh burst warrior/thief) has been devolved too much to accommodate the mass QQ warrior has been getting for a very long time.

It is truly sad when you see 99% of all warriors carry longbow and all make investment into sustain traits..because they have no real burst with frenzy diminished, the ir gap closer’s for running double melee sets are habitually never functioning properly and they rely on strength runes and battle sigils just to do respectable damage, but far from devastating burst damage, which was the natural counter to bunkers..hit them hard and fast so they can’t react in time.

It is sad..but for now, med guards played at optimal level will usually down a well played warrior. It is not a 50/50 you win some and lose some situation. Warriors have just been dumbed down way too much.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

It is truly sad when you see 99% of all warriors carry longbow and all make investment into sustain traits..because they have no real burst with frenzy diminished, their gap closer’s for running double melee sets are habitually never functioning properly and they rely on strength runes and battle sigils just to do respectable damage, but far from devastating burst damage, which was the natural counter to bunkers..hit them hard and fast so they can’t react in time.

There’s some truth in what you say: gap closers sometimes fail, longbow is privileged because of its AoE (ideal to defend a node), its synergy with Cleansing Ire and ability to stack might, and investment in the Defense line was, until the last patch, pretty much necessary for the sole Cleansing Ire.

However, it is just a build choice – a sound one, but not the only one. I believe that a player, provided he/she keeps an open mind, can legitimately investigate and find strong alternative builds – and certainly pure melee / burst builds. Sure, the warrior’s been nerfed, and this can somehow be disheartening – but the class has not, in my view, become weak at all.

On the subject of warriors dealing devastating burst damage: have you seen the last video by VaAnS ? I’ve tried a PvP variation, high mobility, high damage (axe #5 and gs#2 up to 12k, sword #3 up to 8k), double air/fire sigils, Berserker’s Stance and Brawler’s Recovery for conditions, and Last Chance / bolas for an efficient burst. Lots of fun, and success slowly starting to pile up (I’m average with a GS).

Regards.

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Run as

shout heal conditional, or Hybrid.
Celestrial axe bow

You should not lost to anything 1v1, 1v2 is more of a problem.

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

The guardian will ALWAYS win if an equally skilled warrior fights him. My guildies and I pretty much only roam and duel so we’ve seen everything. I know of guardian builds that can win 100% of warrior duels using pretty much only scepter. It’s pretty sad.

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

I have yet to find any single Guardian challenging using a shout-heal condition build. However any thing + a guardian, you can forget about it.

As a power build warrior, you have absolutely no chance against a guardian.

in Warrior

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

Guild Wars 2 PvP – Nhymx vs Stella (Warrior Duels…: http://youtu.be/6g5iwKv06i8

No more words

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Greatsword… no longbow…
enough said.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Coindi shout heals warrior with decent poison uptime (sigil) should beat any kind of medi guardian regularly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

Investment in condi is the only way to go. Condi now is extremely imbalance, in terms of low investment but high reward. No matter the gear is TVC, THC or PTC, all your concern is to stack up the condi damage.

Compared with power build, you’ll find that condi build can kill more (also loot more).

in Warrior

Posted by: KittyRiv.5291

KittyRiv.5291

Guild Wars 2 PvP – Nhymx vs Stella (Warrior Duels…: http://youtu.be/6g5iwKv06i8

No more words

This is before patch.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

edit: Just going to quote myself from the last thread.

To beat a medi guardian, you really need to know how it works. It’s like most match ups, the more information you have the better prepared you are to deal with it. As medi guardian is my main, I’ll point out a couple things.

First off, identify the weapons they’re using.

Greatsword: Leap of faith (blind)
Sword: Flashing Blade (blind) Zealot’s Defense (reflect)
Focus: Ray of Judgement (blind) Shield of Wrath (3 blocks)
Mace: Protector’s Strike (single block)

Each are in themselves easy enough to spot and deal with. SoW is mostly used for dps, some guards will dodge instead of block to get the burst off. Use an AA to break through the blinds and blocks, don’t burn your cooldowns.

From there, 1 into radiance will give the guardian Justice is Blind. It’s on a 23-30s cooldown, so it’s going to be used for either highly telegraphed skills or to secure a stomp. There’s also Virtue of Courage which grants aegis, also used in a similar manner to VoJ.

Shelter in itself is probably the most troublesome block. It’s the only duration block on guardian, and if you keep unloading into it you will just give them might.

Just don’t let a medi guard choose his pace. If the fight is opened with a Judge’s Intervention burst, it only leaves one stun breaker that’s tied into condition cleanse. Apply the CC and immob, deal your damage and then kite them while waiting for cooldowns. A warrior should have no problem keeping up perma swiftness while crippling the medi guardian that has zero access to swiftness or 25% movement speed outside of runes.

(edited by Shanks.2907)

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Meditation guardian relies on blocks for survival, because they have very squishy bodies otherwise. The guardian will block without you even doing anything, because blocking is integrated into their attack rotation.

So, #1. Assume that the guardian is going to block no matter what you do.

#2. Let the guardian unload their attack rotation (which involves a lot of blocking). You can just kite and evade at this point, but don’t waste large cooldowns that will probably get whiffed by the guardian’s blocks.

#3. Now that their pants are down, use your attack rotation on them. This method has a very high success rate, so try it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

If the guardian is running full medi he has no stability and 2 stun breakers. Bring a Hammer and you should do quite well.

If you are running an Axe build you will have to fight really well to beat a really bad medi guard, they just have too many blocks and blinds to get a reliable burst.

A hybrid sword build also work well, you don’t have any CC but the extra mobility and constant condi pressure coupled with good direct damage will wear them down. Also your burst skill (final thrust) doesn’t waste precious adrenaline when missed.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Hammer and 10 into power for 3 might stacks when you’re blocked. Some source of poison is nice aswell.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Hi,

It is truly sad when you see 99% of all warriors carry longbow and all make investment into sustain traits..because they have no real burst with frenzy diminished, their gap closer’s for running double melee sets are habitually never functioning properly and they rely on strength runes and battle sigils just to do respectable damage, but far from devastating burst damage, which was the natural counter to bunkers..hit them hard and fast so they can’t react in time.

There’s some truth in what you say: gap closers sometimes fail, longbow is privileged because of its AoE (ideal to defend a node), its synergy with Cleansing Ire and ability to stack might, and investment in the Defense line was, until the last patch, pretty much necessary for the sole Cleansing Ire.

However, it is just a build choice – a sound one, but not the only one. I believe that a player, provided he/she keeps an open mind, can legitimately investigate and find strong alternative builds – and certainly pure melee / burst builds. Sure, the warrior’s been nerfed, and this can somehow be disheartening – but the class has not, in my view, become weak at all.

On the subject of warriors dealing devastating burst damage: have you seen the last video by VaAnS ? I’ve tried a PvP variation, high mobility, high damage (axe #5 and gs#2 up to 12k, sword #3 up to 8k), double air/fire sigils, Berserker’s Stance and Brawler’s Recovery for conditions, and Last Chance / bolas for an efficient burst. Lots of fun, and success slowly starting to pile up (I’m average with a GS).

Regards.

What I see is a warrior doing respectable damage because of food buffs. They are also slaughtering PvE casuals who have come into WvW, hence all the “been there and done that” and “Crab tosser” titles. At 6:40 they engage a thief who for the better part of time with their food buffs is controlling the engagement to the point the warrior needs to back off and allow for recharges and is using no buffs. I see savage leap miss it’s target completely twice. In the end the thief went down with a couple 3.5kish hits because they were running the most extreme glass build. If you examine every opponent, it is a case of a skilled opponent doing what they should do with a inexperienced one..they make short work of them. This is not a warrior thing, this is a player thing. I am not even sure why the early necro video was included. They didn’t dodge, they didn’t react. They didn’t use marks, or death shroud..they didn’t do anything but stand still and get eaten.
Ultimately I still believe an experienced med off guard has superseded the place of a skilled melee warrior because they just that much more effective at staying on target. The only advantages the warrior has is it’s escape mechanisms.

in Warrior

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

The guardian will ALWAYS win if an equally skilled warrior fights him. My guildies and I pretty much only roam and duel so we’ve seen everything. I know of guardian builds that can win 100% of warrior duels using pretty much only scepter. It’s pretty sad.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAscTjMd05ZlHmhwJagkgC9HkBF/pAI9PU3BBA-TJRHwAEOFAJLDA4JAEa/BA

^ Says hi, /wave, wuzzaaaap, howdy, GG

I don’t have trouble with medi guards…bunker guards and I will 1v1 for a few weeks straight though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

You can’t go toe-to-toe with a medi-guard, but you can out-sustain him. As someone who plays both, when I’m on my guard the warriors who beat me are the ones who take their time, make sure to land their CCs, and make space when they need a few seconds for signet/adrenal to push their health back up. The warriors I beat are the ones who yolo in with full zerk and don’t have a plan B for when Evisc gets blocked.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in Warrior

Posted by: Fox Of Precision.4187

Fox Of Precision.4187

A lot of solid advice already in the topic, although as it’s already been stated, a medi guard should beat any warrior. Still, no harm in making them fight tooth and nail for their win:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJIQNAneSjMdU3ZVIehwJagggCdPkC3gRBgS1OA-TVROwAjU+NQ9HA7PQUfgMlgkCQPlRA-w – Something I’ve tried and tested fighting plenty of medi guards and it can work great. From a WvW perspective it’s not something I’d roam with, but should you find yourself duelling a medi guard, this build can work great. Even if they have a hammer, stability isn’t really needed as surviving in the ring isn’t all that difficult. Strength & Discipline Adept trait is optional.

Some charr engi and ranger – Audacity [Au]

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Does anyone else notice that guardians are, have been, and probably will always be top tier in every part of the game, yet they never get any QQ? I mean like, serious QQ.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.