How good are warriors now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lytro.9305

Lytro.9305

I’ve been trying to decide on a character to level up and I’m deciding between ranger and warrior. Since the update came out, I was wondering how good are warriors now? Are they good at dps, survivability, and other things?

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

For PvP they are still in a good spot. For WvW zergs they are still fine. WvW roaming they took a pretty big hit but is still manageable. For PvE, well, let’s just say Anet kittened us over big time so that we could be balanced in PvP. We are still good but warrior is no fun in PvE anymore since we have a class mechanic that we don’t get to use 90% of the time.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

I’ve been trying to decide on a character to level up and I’m deciding between ranger and warrior. Since the update came out, I was wondering how good are warriors now? Are they good at dps, survivability, and other things?

Hi.
I am top100 in leaderboard who plays lot of rank matchs a lot so maybe i can give you sincere position of warrior in spvp.

in spvp in these days, not many people play warrior right now as compared to era before patch, since 2 times continuous nerfs upon warrior. Rather most people now play 25might stack 00266 dd ele or terrormancer or engi though. ranger is currently OPer than warriors right now, I would say go play ranger. if you dont narrow down to only ranger or war, actually i want to recommend that you play 00266 dd ele though, the OPest job right now. As of now ranger population is more than warrior in spvp anyway, as long as i have seen since patch.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

In PvE, warrior DPS is literally garbage.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

No idea about sPvP because I don’t care about it, but in WvW they’re kind of meh-ish. I don’t see much of a reason to play as one other than for warhorn swiftness in zergs. They’re still tanky, but pretty lousy otherwise imo.

In PvE, warriors are absolutely terrible. Some of the skills don’t work anymore (movement skills) a lot of the time and the DPS is so low that they’re necro tier.

Warrior DPS in groups always was kind of on the lower end of the spectrum but now it’s just sad to see how dreadful the damage is. I think you would be better off picking another class for the time being. I have no idea if they ever plan to hire anyone that’ll fix the problems that they’ve created.

in Warrior

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

I find tanky condition or hybrid warrior builds good for solo PvE since the conditions last long, unlike on ranger, while the self-healing is as good as a ranger perma-regen builds.
For group PvE content like events though, ranger is the better class imo – good melee and way more direct damage at range.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Come on. In organized groups warrior dps is low tier ok. But in pugs this garbage dps is easybto achive. For non records runs this garbage dps is more than enough.
That being said, it ia true that warriors have been severly nerfed. But still.is the best class to pug with

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Come on. In organized groups warrior dps is low tier ok. But in pugs this garbage dps is easybto achive. For non records runs this garbage dps is more than enough.
That being said, it ia true that warriors have been severly nerfed. But still.is the best class to pug with

I don’t think so at all. Guardian and elementalist bring more utility to groups and don’t have terrible DPS.

It may be tougher to outlast a barrage of attacks on an elementalist whenever terribad pugs aggro a lot of elite mobs in Arah and stuff like that, but generally speaking outside of situations like this you really don’t need warrior’s high hp crutch.

This is especially considering the fact that they’ve also made story mode dungeons danger-free by making all the mobs/bosses lower level than you and the changes made to lower-level dungeons in April with ferocity, where our attributes scale to the point where everything (besides bosses) dies as fast as open world yellow mobs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

“It’s okay, you’ll still be decent for people who dont care about how long you take, sorta~”

And people still say it isn’t enough. Warrior is still too strong.

I hope Anet listens less to this community.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I don’t think so at all. Guardian and elementalist bring more utility to groups and don’t have terrible DPS.

It may be tougher to outlast a barrage of attacks on an elementalist whenever terribad pugs aggro a lot of elite mobs in Arah and stuff like that, but generally speaking outside of situations like this you really don’t need warrior’s high hp crutch.

This is especially considering the fact that they’ve also made story mode dungeons danger-free by making all the mobs/bosses lower level than you and the changes made to lower-level dungeons in April with ferocity, where our attributes scale to the point where everything (besides bosses) dies as fast as open world yellow mobs.

Unbuffed guardian dps is way worse than selfbuffed warrior dps. Unbuffed runs is what I undetstand for pug. Ele is anorher league and the class to go, on that I agree.

Purple. I do think that people like you is able to notice every single nerf (and that came from admiration, Im just starting to solo). What people like me is able to notice is how far of the meta the group is. As sad as it sounds, in my experience, I always feel that I dps-carry most pugs runs (on my ele or on my war).

The other consideration is that a warrior is always needed to increase the party dps.

English is not my native language. I hope you understand what Im trying to say.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Currently warriors are one of the worst classes in the game in 1v1s and group fights in WvW (if you’re interested in WvW).

A warrior will lose to most classes and builds in a 1v1. For instance, a warrior will never beat a DPS oriented guardian if the players are of equal skill. Another example is that a 10 person party of just guardians will STEAMROLL a 10 person warrior group.

So, yeah. Warriors are next to useless if you compare them to Guardians.

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Currently warriors are one of the worst classes in the game in 1v1s and group fights in WvW (if you’re interested in WvW).

A warrior will lose to most classes and builds in a 1v1. For instance, a warrior will never beat a DPS oriented guardian if the players are of equal skill. Another example is that a 10 person party of just guardians will STEAMROLL a 10 person warrior group.

So, yeah. Warriors are next to useless if you compare them to Guardians.

Hilarious part is:

The stigma of OP press random things to win has been affixed to warriors even when they’ve been nerfed into suck. Guardians have nothing said about them.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

maha.7902

Well you see, guardians are “in a good place” so let’s just give them tooltip changes and the occasional buff every now and then, but warriors having average DPS is apparently too much and needs to be hit with a sledgehammer.

We want to promote build diversity, so rather than do anything to affect the longbow, hammer or the respective traits most popularly used with them, lets add a 5% nerf to the damage of hundred blades, whirlwind, making arcing slice still suck and let’s just nerf signet of rage for gits and shiggles and buff rampage so that still nobody uses it.

ANET LOGIC AT ITS FINEST.

Oh, and absolutely none of this is PvE balancing but you PvE players are just going to have to suck up and take the changes we do affecting like 2 people who play e$ports because they’re more important than balancing classes around WvW or PvE which are played by more people.

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Well you see, guardians are “in a good place” so let’s just give them tooltip changes and the occasional buff every now and then, but warriors having average DPS is apparently too much and needs to be hit with a sledgehammer.

We want to promote build diversity, so rather than do anything to affect the longbow, hammer or the respective traits most popularly used with them, lets add a 5% nerf to the damage of hundred blades, whirlwind, making arcing slice still suck and let’s just nerf signet of rage for gits and shiggles and buff rampage so that still nobody uses it.

ANET LOGIC AT ITS FINEST.

Oh, and absolutely none of this is PvE balancing but you PvE players are just going to have to suck up and take the changes we do affecting like 2 people who play e$ports because they’re more important than balancing classes around WvW or PvE which are played by more people.

Meanwhile

“Warrior still OP please nerf so it cannot run away even though it hits like a wet noodle and needs to eat damage before it even gets strong enough to fight decently, and if I put two conditions on it or stealth it resets. It’s alright that hambow has been practically untouched, we just want warriors in general to be free kills”

Guardian is stronger in every way but we don’t care, our rears hurt from the buff Warriors got a year ago on February.

Also don’t nerf Ranger; a playstyle is only passive if a warrior is doing it."

-GW2 Community 2014

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

I can surely say currently warriors are sick and too nerfed as real evidence shows that, b top10 leaderboard (soloq) guys, who mainly play warrior, are all outside of even top50 since 2 times nerf patch. Within top50 list now, there are many tones of dd ele or terrormancer, or sometimes guardian(Ementon X) since guard got buffed.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

I can surely say currently warriors are sick and too nerfed as real evidence shows that, b top10 leaderboard (soloq) guys, who mainly play warrior, are all outside of even top50 since 2 times nerf patch. Within top50 list now, there are many tones of dd ele or terrormancer, or sometimes guardian(Ementon X) since guard got buffed.

The only people that play warrior are people too simple to press one button to decap, press one button to vanish, press one button to switch into heal mode, press one button to do moderate damage from 1500 range, or press -no- buttons to take control away from a char with no stability (even though Anet was like ’yo we want you to control your characters, dawg`, control them").

Obviously. Since Warr is so simple it deserves to lose every fight it plays,

What? Having to win a fight when you can’t reset without losing all benefits your traits provide, and only being able to mitigate damage from conditions is complicated?

Nonsense! Warriors crank out wins by dragging their nose along the skill bar, Excuse me while I go and play my very complicated Cele elementalist.

’Cause I have TWENTY skills! surely that makes me much harder to play.

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/SUGGESTION-Healing-Signet-change

The hits just keep on coming. We shouldn’t be able to heal either. Not only can we not have decent damage, or mitigate conditions because well, burst skills miss for the hell of it, but we can’t heal either. And we shouldn’t be able to run away as well. Because that makes people expend more effort than they’re wanting to, to chase down their free kills.

I’m glad I have an elementalist and guardian to play otherwise this would be depressing.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

i dunno, i still play my warrior the most in wvw and pve, but spvp? the man just can’t measure up to… pretty much any other class i play from time to time anymore.

it is already depressing.

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

I must be the only one enjoying Warrior after the patch and thinking of making it my main

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

adozu.6398

you know what? screw it, warrior is balanced.

well, 8 seconds every 40 at least.

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

i dunno, i still play my warrior the most in wvw and pve, but spvp? the man just can’t measure up to… pretty much any other class i play from time to time anymore.

it is already depressing.

What is your build? I main a warrior and it is pretty solid in spvp. I even get the same “Warrior so OP noob class” trash talk when I wreck someone.

in Warrior

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Warriors are still VERY strong in sPvP, still one of the best “off-tank” characters in the game, and maybe the best one in small skirmishes, due the way in which retains damage, sustain and crowd control at the same time. Heads above of Guardians at this moment, imo.

In WvW the nerf did hurt the most, but is sitill viable, at least in group fights. As a roamer is no longer the best, but still decent.

Finally, PvE is a faceroll, barely matters the class or build you use, so no big problem here.

in Warrior

adozu.6398

pve is a faceroll isn’t a good justification to nerf pve builds and just disregard it as collateral damage.

war is strong in pvp maybe, it’s just not really fun anymore neither to play as or against, regardless of how good or bad i personally achieve with it. hambow being the only build surviving nerfs well doesn’t help if you dislike playing that particular build.

above guardian is -very- debateable, i just believe guardians will never be happy even though they are pretty much the most solid profession performance-wise.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Finally, PvE is a faceroll, barely matters the class or build you use, so no big problem here.

Translates to “I don’t care about it so it’s not a problem” regardless of the fact that the majority of players on this game do care about PvE. It is a problem when there are glaringly obvious balance flaws between classes and bugs galore.

in Warrior

adozu.6398

If GS deserves the shaft because nobody cares about PVE we could also make the same argument about taking CC away from hammer and raising it’s damage so it’ll be better in pve because pvp scene is so small anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Translates to “I don’t care about it so it’s not a problem” regardless of the fact that the majority of players on this game do care about PvE. It is a problem when there are glaringly obvious balance flaws between classes and bugs galore.

“Barely matters” means (to me) that the PvE content is as easy and forgives so much that even playing bad and with builds and charactars lacking synergies you still will be able to pass through the content.

Also doesn’t matter too much if a power-based character is clearly surpassed by other power-based characters taking in account that PvE utterly destroys the viablity of condition oriented, crowd control oriented and tank oriented builds.

Doing “-xx%” less damage than other classes in PvE isn’t a big drama; having PvE content that renders useless entire weapon sets and diminishes all non full zerker gearing is a much heavier problem, because greatly diminishes the variety and fun in the game. But again, is not that bad due PvE can just be facerrolled.

in Warrior

Posted by: The Pied Piper.9827

The Pied Piper.9827

I have liked my warrior a bit more since the update. I play WvW as a havoc condition warrior. While yes the nurf to adrenalin is bad it also forces you to play a bit quicker and smarter. It makes you use your burst skills wiser instead of just throwing them around.

in Warrior

adozu.6398

from dulfy report of latest ready up:

“Warrior – Some changes coming to Mace which doesn’t see a lot of use
Crushing Blow – increase vulnerability from 4 to 10 stacks
Tremor – velocity increased by 12%.

excuse me? offhand mace has been THE meta offhand weapon since… forever?

proof the devs don’t really know much about their own product anymore.

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

That’s been evident for quite a while.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

It’s never used in PvP, I’m pretty sure that was the point of the change.

=\

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

It’s never used in PvP, I’m pretty sure that was the point of the change.

=\

I could see an Axe/Sword-Mace power build making good use of this for some nice burst damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

more invulnerability won’t make it any more usable in PvP then before.
just like doesnt matter how many %damage they gave to axe 5, it’s still unuseable.

in fact these changes would only make mace even more meta in pve while does really nothing to PvP.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

I don’t get the balance of arenanet they will nerf 1 class to death then buff 1 to be op they are not getting tired of their mistake

in Warrior

maha.7902

ANet sure do like making PvP changes to warrior which have an absolutely whopping ZERO effect on the builds used there.

Sure, let’s buff off-hand mace but it’s still bad. Sure, let’s buff arcing slice but it’s still bad. Sure, let’s buff off-hand axe but it’s still bad. Sure, let’s buff rampage and nerf signet of rage but owait people still use signet.

All they’ve done is make the class weaker for no reason.

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

There is a reason. It’s because they listened to “feedback” on the forum. And the forum told them that warriors were OP.

But instead of telling people to suck it up and to try adapting their game play they threw the entire class under the buss in the name of balance.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

There is a reason. It’s because they listened to “feedback” on the forum. And the forum told them that warriors were OP.

But instead of telling people to suck it up and to try adapting their game play they threw the entire class under the buss in the name of balance.

i agree with you since day 1 they are listening to the whinning of those people i think they are just basing it on number how many people thinks this class are op ok then we will do something majority said it’s op but what if those people aren’t even familiar with the full combat system of the game most people i encounter in spvp and tpvp don’t even dodge my hammer and they eat my 100b then there is this warrior who just keep trash talking me because i keep smashing him to the ground but he is not even dodging or trying his weapon to get away or utility like stun break or stability not even reading what type of boons i have i have endure pain but they keep bursting me.
what i want to tell is maybe class balance is not the problem here arenanet should introduce a basic how to to the players when they first created a character inform then that you have to dodge or evade other utilities like stability stun breaker.
i can bet most of those whinner’s just play like WoW that you facetank everything

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

funny part is they also play warriors :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Warrior

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

This thread is so funny that I can’t resist assembling a summary of the negative opinions:

Currently warriors are one of the worst classes in the game in 1v1s and group fights in WvW…

… in WvW they’re kind of meh-ish. I don’t see much of a reason to play as one other than for warhorn swiftness in zergs…. In PvE, warriors are absolutely terrible…

In PvE, warrior DPS is literally garbage.

in spvp in these days, not many people play warrior right now… 2 times continuous nerfs… i want to recommend that you play 00266 dd ele though, the OPest job right now….

So warriors now completely suck in all game modes. This despite being highly desirable in WvW zergs and capable of soloing dungeons. The last post is clearest really: if you want an OP FotM class, warrior is not the bandwagon you are looking for. Otherwise you’ll be fine and very effective.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Warrior

maha.7902

So warriors now completely suck in all game modes

garbage dps =/= sucking

320+ power, 170+ precision, 170+ ferocity plus the potential to maintain 20+ might for a party is reasons for taking a warrior in a dungeon party. It’s just the warrior itself has **** DPS.

This despite being highly desirable in WvW zergs and capable of soloing dungeons

easy =/= good

Eles can solo dungeons, it’s just not many people bother or care enough to do it on their eles. Same for guards, mesmers, thieves, rangers, necros etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Warriors are still awesome in PvP and a part of serveral meta comps doesn’t matter if EU or NA. They are in a good spot for WvW and are alright for roaming.
They are still necessary in PvE-Speedcleargroups and still the easiest class to solo content in PvE.
So all in all nothing really changed for the warriors position.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I wouldn’t say warriors are still awesome in PVP. They are being easly outshined by rangers right now. DD ele, Necro and engi also in better spots in PVP.

For WvW they are needed for condi clears and banners. Nothing changes there however for roaming they are definitely not as good as they used to be and can be killed by anyone decent that knows what they are doing.

PVE they are needed for banners and if it wasn’t for the banners no one would want one. As thier DPS has been reduced to low tier.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

So warriors now completely suck in all game modes. This despite being highly desirable in WvW zergs and capable of soloing dungeons. The last post is clearest really: if you want an OP FotM class, warrior is not the bandwagon you are looking for. Otherwise you’ll be fine and very effective.

I already stated that warriors are mostly wanted for stacking the hell out of swiftness in WvW zergs especially, and since when does “being capable of soloing dungeons” actually matter? Literally all classes are capable of soloing most dungeons— even the necros. Sometimes there are certain bosses/encounters that certain classes particularly excel at (example, situations that call for reflects = guard/mes), but overall it’s pretty much always been this way.

Warrior is incredibly fluid and much easier to learn/survive with in most circumstances which is why most people tend to call it OP when the reality is that they’ve always had low-end DPS in groups, yet fairly nice solo DPS.

The difference nowadays versus previously is that not only is it low-end but it’s even further behind the other classes than before in groups and instead of having fairly decent solo DPS, it has noticeably bad solo DPS by comparison to before.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

I already stated that warriors are wanted for stacking the hell out of swiftness in WvW zergs especially, and since when does “being capable of soloing dungeons” actually matter? Literally all classes are capable of soloing most dungeons— even the necros. Sometimes there are certain bosses/encounters that certain classes particularly excel at (example, situations that call for reflects = guard/mes), but overall it’s pretty much always been this way.

Warrior is incredibly fluid and much easier to learn/survive with in most circumstances which is why most people tend to call it OP when the reality is that they’ve always had low-end DPS in groups, yet fairly nice solo DPS.

The difference nowadays versus previously is that not only is it low-end but it’s even further behind the other classes than before in groups and instead of having fairly decent solo DPS, it has noticeably bad solo DPS by comparison to before.

Hey, at least they’re easy to kill now, right?

Now, if we could only stop them from running away from a fight and cut their regen in half….

[/sarcasm]

in Warrior

dominik.9721

I wouldn’t say warriors are still awesome in PVP. They are being easly outshined by rangers right now. DD ele, Necro and engi also in better spots in PVP.

For WvW they are needed for condi clears and banners. Nothing changes there however for roaming they are definitely not as good as they used to be and can be killed by anyone decent that knows what they are doing.

PVE they are needed for banners and if it wasn’t for the banners no one would want one. As thier DPS has been reduced to low tier.

Wow because Rom rolled ranger? Theire are plenty of teams right now who are still playing with warrior.
Does it matter if warriors are needed in Pve because of their banners or because of their dps? Mesmer is needed for portals, Guards are needed for stability and aegis … so what? Who cares about their dps if they are still a must have in a group…. PuGs think warrior is the highest dps,though…

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

maha.7902

as point of comparison, compare the highest numbers in this video:

33,095 damage from hundred blades (starting at 17 might)
14,147 damage from eviscerate (12 might)

to this video:

28,755 damage from hundred blades (starting at 14 might, 200+ power food active)

I have a 28,650 hundred blades recorded starting at 18 might, and a 10,117 eviscerate at 23 might too.

These are all pre-hb/ww nerf too, so we’ve basically had ~20% of our hundred blades DPS shaved off for absolutely no reason.

My autos at 25 might hit for about 3.4/3.4/4.5k.

In the 4:09 they’re hitting for about 4/4/5k at 12-15 might.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Wow because Rom rolled ranger? Theire are plenty of teams right now who are still playing with warrior.
Does it matter if warriors are needed in Pve because of their banners or because of their dps? Mesmer is needed for portals, Guards are needed for stability and aegis … so what? Who cares about their dps if they are still a must have in a group…. PuGs think warrior is the highest dps,though…

No, because it’s a true statement. Warriors don’t bring a ton to the table compared to cele ele/engi or necro fear trains.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

dominik.9721

yes warrior droped a bit out of the meta. But there a still serveral meta comps and teams who are playing with warriors. doesn’t matter if in NA for example apex prime or in EU. Cheesmode for example played even with 2 warrs last tol.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

In sPVP? c+

In WVW? B+

in PVE? Trash/Banner cow.

@ dominik

There is ONE meta comp and it involves not having mobility.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Tbh, I’ve got actually no idea what you are even talking about.
Cheesmode played dual hambow, TCG played guard/hambow/mesmer/thief comp,apex prime plays with a shout warrior…
so what?

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Defektive is a legend around here. Surprised to seen him post something.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene