How to beat D/D Ele as warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dewulf.8469

Dewulf.8469

Hi, I’ve tried to beat my friend on duel who is the current meta d/d elementalist, but no luck so far. If I try to go more dmg I get more weak and he can just nuke me in seconds.
Also condition has no any effect against him so only way is to somehow build tanky burst warrior or something. Also seems to be impossible to take his boons away.

Any help is appreciated.

in Warrior

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

Rampage

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

If the D/D plays passive the fight will most likely never end. But you can capitalize if they play too aggressive. Hammer can deliver some excellent burst pressure on the Ele. You have to dodge their main burst (Fire #3, LF, Fire #4 and Fire Grab). Never take their full Drake’s Breath either. Cleanse burns as quickly as possible as the damage will rack up.

If you see the Ele in Earth or Water you want to be aggressive as possible. If they are in Fire you want to dodge all of their burst, you know what they want to do. In air you want to be weary of their stun and updraft as well as their autos.

It’s a tough matchup though.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Nothing realistically beats d/d ele atm more than half the time. The most reliable one is probably cele necro but necros are easy to gank in spvp. But Warrior CAN beat d/d ele even though the match up favors d/d ele.

Basically you want to bait out armor of earth AND mistform during normal mode and then you want to finish them off with rampage. As you are baiting out armor of earth and, you DO NOT want to take damage so you want to use endure pain and berserker stance while you’re baiting out a d/d ele’s cool downs.

But as simple as that may sound, it isn’t easy fighting d/d ele because if how easy it is to play one. You REALLY want to land your high casting times such as Skull Crack/Hundred Blades/Whirling Axe/Earth Shaker or anything that can bait out their cool downs for that matter. But then you have to deal with burning speed evade and blinding ashes, it literally is NOT an L2P issue and it is definitely widely accepted that d/d ele takes no skill. Even then it is possible to beat it, it just isn’t easy.

TL;DR if armor of earth and/or mistform is down, then Warrior can kill d/d ele.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’ve beaten bad Ele’s with Axe/Mace+Shield and Hammer. CC seems to be a big bugaboo for them if you can land them.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

I assume dd ele you mean is dd Celementalist. As long as i have tested, consusion + body blow cele Build works best againat them becuz it dmgs when they heal. If you run stance warrior build with confusion build, you will not win dd cele ele but you will die slowly because you don’t have survivality (you can still pwn noob dd cele ele though). The only build that worked on all dd cele ele, including decent dd cele player, that the best one that worked for me against them was Banner Shout + confusion build (Strength,tactics,discipline plus cele ammy) . But like people above said, they can always run away if they play passive. And this banner shout confusion build is only good at fighting against dd cele ele (for example, it has no mobility since hammer-mace/sword, and no cleasing ire, no endure pain for sudden incoming burst) while dd cele ele build works on every other builds as well. so i do not recommend… you just got to wait until anet nerf them to work with general meta builds against them. Currently, general meta build that seem working against dd cele is settler shoutbow, which won’t lose to them nor kill them though (when 1vs1)

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m not a great fighter but I have a lot of experience if that makes sense… So take the following with a grain of salt.

Be as aggressive as possible, don’t waste bursts while they’re in Water, bait out stunbreaks, build glassy, slot Brawler’s Recovery ~ swap weapons often and don’t let burn stacks get too high, don’t stand in Ring Of Fire.

WvW is much different than PvP, I know, but I’m full Berserker in WvW, Sw/Sh GS and D/D Ele’s, even relatively good ones, don’t last too long under the damage pressure I can put on. As long as I can stay on top of them, which most times I can, they’re forced to focus on kiting instead of damage and wind up losing in the end from being too passive.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’ve been running glass cannon recently and I’ve found that compared to other builds it has a better chance of forcing the Ele to pop all of their defenses early at which point you can really unload.

Now, you can’t make ANY mistakes. However, if you run Defiant stance (which I know is very situational) you can dace on their ring of fire and get a easy full heal.

I made a thread about Zerker builds…but no1 was interested apparently:(

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’ve been running glass cannon recently and I’ve found that compared to other builds it has a better chance of forcing the Ele to pop all of their defenses early at which point you can really unload.

Now, you can’t make ANY mistakes. However, if you run Defiant stance (which I know is very situational) you can dace on their ring of fire and get a easy full heal.

Pretty much this. Ele’s can’t kite rifle, and especially while trying to 1v2-3 and they’re distracted it’s fairly easy to focus them as a zerker warrior. Surprise that small HP pool with some super big hits.

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

<Updated new Banner Shout build>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xalCZqeNBX4IR7TNtgpcKGJVEHamzyVX8gizI89jEQc/edit?usp=sharing

90% sure you can pwn DD cele ele with this build when you 1vs1 them in capture point when you two are equally skilled in each of their professions. But you must have banner near you, otherwise you better just run away.

Also, if they play passively and try to run away from you, you might not kill (Anyway you have to cap a point, so you won’t follow in fact). But you can kill if they decide to remain in a point.

Just be careful of their burning, and inflict your combo attacks as much as you can.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Man I think it is less that they disagree with your sentiment, and more that it is 3 years into the game and the nature of Warrior is apparent.

A lot of the ‘best’ zerk builds have been defined and clear cut. Even with the Spec update, a lot of it is similar to before.

Just sayin’ don’t feel discouraged. You aren’t the only one who likes glass play. My longest mained build for Warrior for a full year itself was the classic Eviscerate/GS setup.

@OP

Just referring to my experiences today in queuing on my Warrior. Hammer/GS really does put insane pressure on them if you pick the right times to offload damage. Don’t forget that most of your hits count for a lot of damage. Blade trail for example is not a skill to be underestimated if they try to kite. Hydromancy sigil (while not warrior exclusive) is also very helpful.

Situation is also important. In a point fight, the points are generally small enough for most of your AoE to hit despite their kiting. Unless they run off point which is their loss anyway. The only thing which could ruin your play is the blind on burn which you have to be mindful of before you use your most important skills. (Earthshaker etc.)

Just keep up consistent damage, with CC pressure. Ele’s tend to have one source of stability ever. Armor of Earth. They also have to pop it at some point. Once they do, you can take them out. Whether easy or not, a lot of Ele defense is active. If they are stunned they can’t be active.

Use Mist form to your advantage. All mist form means is that they will be vulnerable for a split second after it wears off. Set up your GS 5 Rush for that moment. That can be a good 6-7k.

You have the tools at your disposal.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT