Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

PU mesmers are so annoying and their stealth x_x

How to beat PU mesmers as a warrior ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

PU mesmers are so annoying and their stealth x_x

I do find that, as a warrior, mesmers are generally more difficult to deal with than other classes. First things first, I guess: make sure you properly identify the real one before going for a course of action, i.e. observe which one dodges or is always on the move, before rushing to melee. If you’re lost in the fight, don’t panic and observe again.

Also, do not hesitate to create a mesmer character and try it a couple of hours in PvP. It’s pretty obvious, but the more you get familiar with it, the more you know about their strengths and weaknesses, the easier you can deal with them as a warrior, taking advantage of your own build features.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

1. Have a source of condi removal (important!)
2. Kill the berserker clone as fast as possible, so he can’t stack bleeds that good anymore
3. Cleave through the clones when going for the real one, the less clones the better
4. Use immobilizes on the real one, longbow ‘5’ / flurry / bolas, they are realy vulnerable to those
5. Don’t go too squishy, PU mesmers have for around 40-50s stealth? Than they’ll run into problems and most of the time I kill em there. So you have to survive for that long.
6. Bring mobility, their blink is on a low cooldown and you have to keep up with it.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

PU mesmers are literally my easiest kills. They can’t do anything if you stand there and refuse to fight. They rely heavily on torment block on scepter, and clone deaths to do dmg.

1. Dont kill clones or youll get an AoE cripple+x3bleed/weakness/vuln.

2. When they raise their arm in a blocking stance, STOP attacking them. They’re not doing anything to you while their blocking and if you attack, thats where they get the x5 torment. If you do happen to attack, IMMEDIATELY dodge to avoid the stacks.

Mesmers of all types are also very slow, so if the fight ever starts going bad, just run away.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

2. Kill the berserker clone as fast as possible, so he can’t stack bleeds that good anymore
3. Cleave through the clones when going for the real one, the less clones the better
4. Use immobilizes on the real one, longbow ‘5’ / flurry / bolas, they are realy vulnerable to those
5. Don’t go too squishy, PU mesmers have for around 40-50s stealth? Than they’ll run into problems and most of the time I kill em there. So you have to survive for that long.
6. Bring mobility, their blink is on a low cooldown and you have to keep up with it.

You have no idea how PUs work. Cleaving through clones is the absolute worst thing you can do.

Lyss The Shadow

in Warrior

Posted by: IFreedom.4637

IFreedom.4637

I personally roam with a 0 25 30 0 15 build with rifle and gs, because I find the rifle a very good counter to stealth with volly and kill shot. Use the gs first, identify the real one gap close and start firing the rifle. If the mes tries to invis go for a volley and when you feel confortable go for a kill shot. As easy as it may sound it is still a 50/50 fight which can go both ways. Practice makes it easier.

in Warrior

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

PU mesmers are literally my easiest kills. They can’t do anything if you stand there and refuse to fight. They rely heavily on torment block on scepter, and clone deaths to do dmg.

2. When they raise their arm in a blocking stance, STOP attacking them. They’re not doing anything to you while their blocking and if you attack, thats where they get the x5 torment. If you do happen to attack, IMMEDIATELY dodge to avoid the stacks.

Mesmers of all types are also very slow, so if the fight ever starts going bad, just run away.

Good tips right here.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dekk.3459

Dekk.3459

Just to clarify the first comments were about berserker phantasm and 2nd about on clone deaths… So two different builds power or condition, know what youre fighting.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

just go condition build, you can literally kill anything.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Rendolphe.5086

Rendolphe.5086

I suggest you try my Salvation build.

Here a video to show how to beat PU mesmer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-5vJ1Nvn6A

The build is in description.

[HALT] – BlackGate
www.youtube.com/rendolphegamer

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

You have no idea how PUs work. Cleaving through clones is the absolute worst thing you can do.

Ah yea, forgot to mention it only works for my build :/. I have traited my warhorn and destroy clones to get a good protection uptime. Protection + condi clearing = useless PU mesmer.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Just a few notes, and this varies depending on what type of PU Mesmer they are, I will be assuming a PU-Condition or PU-Hybrid with a typical Staff+Sceptre/Torch/Perplexity set.

• A warrior running a Sword/Sword+Longbow Condition build will generally do better against a PU Mesmer, as, most of the time, the Mesmer will lack any large amounts of condition removal, so use this to your advantage. (The fight will be easier on you, as a warrior, but still difficult)
  • Use ranged weapons, stay as far away as you can, and do not kill any clones/phantasms unless they are at least 300 distance away from you, then kill them with aoe’s or piercing attacks from range. (you can almost ignore the clones/phantasms, the phantasm base damage will be low, and unless its staff clones (which actually put up a lot of condition pressure) you generally don’t need to worry about the other types)
  • If, during the fight, the Mesmer uses Confusing Images (Sceptre 3 Beam that stacks 5 confusion) stop attacking for a few seconds and let the confusion fall off, or clense if possible. (Chances are, Confusing images will proc Perplexity rune 3, adding 3 more stacks of confusion for 8, then the Mesmer would use torch 5 phantasm for 3 more stacks, for a total of 11, where its a really good idea to stop using skills)
  • When the Mesmer raises their elbow to you with the sceptre out, and you see a small buff on them, do not attack or hit the Mesmer, this is their sceptre bock that applies 5 stacks of torment, which will do upwards of 12-14k damage over the 10-13 seconds it lasts for, if you move around and do not clense. (if you do get hit by the torment, clear it immediately, this is a very important thing to remember, also, try to stand still if you cannot clense, this will reduce the damage to 6-7k)
  • When the Mesmer goes into stealth, take this as a little breather, move further away and kill any clones/phantasms that are currently up from range, until the Mesmer appears again, then proceed to focus the Mesmer.

Just as a side note, a well played PU condition Mesmer will hardly, if ever, loose to a warrior in a fight, they are a direct counter to a heavy melee based class, and even if the warrior uses range and keeps their distance, a win is unlikely. (I, Personally, can honestly say I cannot remember ever loosing to a warrior over the last 7 months whilst running my PU-Condition build, not trying to brag or anything, I’m just mentioning it as a further example of how a PU Mesmer will hardly ever loose to a warrior, if played properly)

A badly played PU anything Mesmer, while still being somewhat troublesome to beat, will be a lot easier to fight.

• If it happens that you are fighting a PU-Phantasm or power based Mesmer, make sure to either dodge, block, kill any phantasms that they put out as fast as possible, this will be a main source of their damage, and taking 3 bleeding stacks for 5 seconds is better then taking 4-6k damage from the phantasm.
  • If all else fails, you cannot win, and really cant accept the fact that you lost to the Mesmer/take your 1.6s repair fee, then escape. (A typical PU Mesmer will have very little options to hold down/chase someone who REALLY wants to get away)

(edited by Natsu Dragneel.1625)

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Easy.

Simply walk away.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

This right here, when I’m playing PU condi I can’t do enough dps to kill them if they just stand there and do nothing.

[Ark]Noober

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

pu condi mesmers have kitten damage. go axe/warhorn lb

trait warhorn, shouts, cleansing ire and dogged march. soldier runes and 3 shouts. cleav though clones and just axe aa them to death. your health wont drop under 80%.

every condi gets insta cleansed and you get prot through vuln. warriors are the ultimate counters to kittenty condi/perplexity builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

Kratos. I’ve mained a warrior since the launch of the game and other than levelling him and other characters, all I’ve done is roam WvW trying various builds. I personally have just learned to accept that I can’t beat these guys.

I had actually levelled a mesmer about a year ago and I’ve recently been playing him again. So far I’ve not come close to loosing to a warrior except for one that was a condi build. My only advice would be create a level 80 mesmer, roam with him in WvW (not just sPvP) and learn all the tricks. I still don’t think I could beat a mesmer of my equivalent skill level but at least I understand them a lot better.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Will become more hard after Pindown nerf.

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

Will become more hard after Pindown nerf.

Unless, you know, you don’t use a bow and still consider PUs to be the easiest class to beat :0

Lyss The Shadow

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

tip : Abuse gap closers, Avoid using AoE skills.

with Sw/Sh -GS i keep the mesmer on the defensive, in some cases i interrupt his stealth skill ending the fight so quick.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Kill shot does 17037 damage to light armor classes.

Spot them before they spot you, one hit kill them before they see you – nobody can dodge a bullet coming from behind their screen.

Fight ends.

If it doesn’t end they’re so close to death by that point that Volley should finish the job. PU mesmers should never last long enough for you to ever get to use your axe on them.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

Spot them before they spot you, one hit kill them before they see you – nobody can dodge a bullet coming from behind their screen.

Fight ends.

If it doesn’t end they’re so close to death by that point that Volley should finish the job. PU mesmers should never last long enough for you to ever get to use your axe on them.

interesting fact killshot will hit through stealth as long as the target was not stealthed prior to killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Mesmers are the best 1v1 class. Why try?

in Warrior

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

i like how you assume all PU mesmers are condi

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

Fight ends.

thats quite funny, i can keep up an effective 3.8k armour with mantra, while that is good i wouldnt recommend judging someone’s armour by the class type, but kill shot is a decent tactic as long as they dont use a counter build

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

id suggest taking a look at a build ive been working on for single target shutdown, looking at it and mesmer being my main i think this would be rather painful to fight :S

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQRApe8ZjcOxw1OyOQxBA0jrArKjifISpYu6A-jECBYfDimiAmABkIIQZnIJQEasalYqYER1yAYOBA-w

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

reading this kinda makes me want to fight a mesmer