How to dominate PvP as warrior: Shouts.

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

This is the build: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-so-FF;0NKVO0Y4JL-60;9;6TT9;418C16B3;02GmFa;1ZF18ZF189cS

This is an extremely powerful build in pvp due to its mixture of strong team healing support plus strong condition pressure.

Very high condition pressure.
Lots and lots of condition removal tools on short 10 to ~20 second cooldowns.
Constant ~600-700 HP healing ticking every second.
Three shouts (1 from trait) which translates to almost a 8k burst HP heal to yourself and everyone in an AoE to support your team, again on short cooldowns less than 30 seconds.
Lots of CC in the form of 3 to 4 second duration AoE immobilize (Pin Down through multiple targets, Flurry on grouped up targets).

It’s basically a crazy souped up support build that somehow also can kill everything now. The build has always existed in the past, but it got stronger due to ArenaNet’s buff to the burn duration on longbow burst, plus the buffs to passive stat conversion traits, buffs to shout healing, and favorable moving around of traits to fit in everything perfectly.

Enjoy.

In loving memory of simpler times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1DQ0cflow (this is an old version of the build. No healing signet, no cleansing ire, no torment, not nearly as powerful as the build is today)

Attachments:

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elbrant.8046

Elbrant.8046

you’re giving wrong information bro
more condition pressure than a necro? is a joke
Constant ~600-700 HP healing ticking every second. ?? You have only 391 HP regen every second with 894 healing power (signet+ adren health with 3 stack of adrenaline)
u can heal for 2284 for every shout
lot of cc
? u can do only 2 immobilize (Pin Down is SINGLE targhet)

in Warrior

Posted by: Introp.8465

Introp.8465

Its overkill on condi cleanse. 4 shouts ( 2 of them are shake it off ) with those runes are enough. in spvp only 1/7 runs pure condi build, rest are power/thiefs/mesmers.
And warrior condi is a joke versus good opponent, you have bleed, burn ( of which people just step out) and torment if you land it. its 2/3 condis to clean, every class can do it with ease.
Personally i use poison rune on weapon swap on both sets and run hybrid power/condi build with phys utilities( 1 stomp sometimes is enough). because as pure condi u get cleansed ( and trust me you do) and die after that. With hybrid some people tend to ignore you not that high damage condi and rarely cleanse them, saving cooldowns for pure builds.

in Warrior

zone.1073

you have bleed, burn ( of which people just step out) and torment if you land it. its 2/3 condis to clean, every class can do it with ease.

And here comes the Q&As for the skeptical:

Conditions are cleansed in FILO order (first in, last out). So, with my build, the idea is to load up bleeding, torment and burn on the target, then you mask the conditions with vulnerability, poison, blind, cripple, immobilize. Therefore, the damaging conditions can tick for quite a long time on the target, or the target will blow a full cleanse skill with a long cooldown; either way is a win situation. And even if they cleanse torment, the #4 skill on offhand sword will continue to apply new stacks of torment after the cleanse. It’s disgusting.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

zone.1073

you’re giving wrong information bro
more condition pressure than a necro? is a joke
Constant ~600-700 HP healing ticking every second. ?? You have only 391 HP regen every second with 894 healing power (signet+ adren health with 3 stack of adrenaline)
u can heal for 2284 for every shout
lot of cc
? u can do only 2 immobilize (Pin Down is SINGLE targhet)

Per second calculations: 437 from signet + 262 from dogged march + 120 from adrenal health per second.

In addition, 2.3k per shout x 4 (all AoE), with optional 1k from sigil of leeching per 9 seconds.

With a good Pin Down, you can immobilize/bleed multiple targets by aiming for a back row target. The projectile applies immobilize + bleed to all targets it passes through, hence AoE. Flurry is a 4 second immobilize on a 10 second cooldown. Pin Down is a long ranged 3 second immobilize on a 25 second cooldown. Yes, it is a lot of CC to lock down opponents, although no interrupts outside of Fear.

Cheers.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

zone.1073

Remember, this is a support build, that just happens to also have crazy good personal survivability and damage coincidentally. You support your team by giving them 10k HP burst heals in an AoE every ~25 seconds or so. You semi-“stun” opponents aka lock them down in place with immobilizes so your team can go to town on them. On top of everything, you put out strong AoE condition pressure to supplement your team’s damage. All glass cannons die to you 1 v 1. You can only die from 3 v 1s if you play excellently. The build is so tanky, and yet it’s not designed to be a tank: it’s a support. And the build has great condition damage but it’s not designed to be a killer: it’s a support.

With this build you have approximately 1 billion toughness. You can revive teammates quickly through traits and then full heal them back up. It’s very fun.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

A potential counter I see to this build; you have no stability, so a good Warrior using Hammer (or any other form of hard CC) would probably lock you down while cleansing/ignoring your conditions.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

(edited by Serdoc.7261)

in Warrior

zone.1073

A potential counter I see to this build; you have no stability, so a good Warrior using Hammer (or any other form of hard CC) would probably lock you down while cleansing/ignoring your conditions.

It’s true that there is no stability in this build, but it does have a 20 second CD stun breaker x 2, the shortest CD stun break in the whole game.

in Warrior

zone.1073

and torment if you land it

The beauty of this build is how reliable the condi application is. The idea is to immobilize your opponent first, which sets them up for an easy torment + burn.

By the way, longbow’s combustive shot now applies 10 seconds of burning for the full duration, plus your auto attacks apply 2 seconds of burning per hit through the fire field. You thought Necro’s 2 second Dhuumfire burning was painful? Try 12+ seconds of warrior’s burning (with my build, it’s about 520 damage per burning tick). If the opponent retreats from the fire field, they lose the capture point and you neutralize/cap it eventually. Again, a win win situation.

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

0/10/30/30/0 is better so you can take 50% bleed duration. 30 in defense gives you the option to take stability, or retal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wyre.7458

Wyre.7458

I haven’t had the chAnce to try it, but I like your build. It’s a little too Tanky for my taste, but that is pretty much the meta atm. Keep up the good work!

in Warrior

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

Remember, this is a support build, that just happens to also have crazy good personal survivability and damage coincidentally. You support your team by giving them 10k HP burst heals in an AoE every ~25 seconds or so. You semi-“stun” opponents aka lock them down in place with immobilizes so your team can go to town on them. On top of everything, you put out strong AoE condition pressure to supplement your team’s damage. All glass cannons die to you 1 v 1. You can only die from 3 v 1s if you play excellently. The build is so tanky, and yet it’s not designed to be a tank: it’s a support. And the build has great condition damage but it’s not designed to be a killer: it’s a support.

With this build you have approximately 1 billion toughness. You can revive teammates quickly through traits and then full heal them back up. It’s very fun.

I can see that you are excited for your build but you are misinforming. Over exaggerating that you can do 10K healing every 25 seconds. Immobilize is a form of soft CC, which is the term accepted by the PvP community.

Saying “All glass cannons die to you 1v1” is a very bad thing to say. It will cause discontent to people who DO die to glass cannons 1v1. And it is simply not true. Any player can out play another. In this game “Tanking”,support,and conditions go hand in hand (Besides with Guardians but they are the master support class).

And finally you seem to bring up the point that with all these great things, support for allies and being tanky, but what do you really do? You provide a small damage buff with “For Great Justice” and a small debuff with “On My Mark”. Healing is a very small part played in a match and the developers designed the game to rely more on prevention of damage rather than just healing someone back up after they absorb damage. You can lockdown targets with immobilize but the enemy can clear your soft CC and your damage. Therefore nullifying the damage and main support part of your build.

I am not trying to spoil your fun. But you are letting your enjoyment of the build “flavor” your description of said build. Which can in turn make people enjoy the build less when they have their expectations disappointed. The only real merit I see with this build is that it is a great way to introduce players to the aspect of support, while still holding their hand and letting them do damage with conditions, and preventing them from dying just a little bit longer and giving them a panic button (or three) with healing shouts.

In the future I hope that you keep your views a little more objective in your builds. Have a nice day.

in Warrior

zone.1073

And finally you seem to bring up the point that with all these great things, support for allies and being tanky, but what do you really do?

The build is designed to carry your team. Try it out. It’s very satisfying and fun to play. It is perhaps the only viable pvp support build for warriors at the moment.

Feedback is appreciated.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

How to dominate as a warrior in PvP – playing a lame condi-build with settler/shaman amulette. You can also play Hambow or R O Ms build….
But…This information isnt that new.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

zone.1073

I can see that you are excited for your build but you are misinforming. Over exaggerating that you can do 10K healing every 25 second

I know that this build seems too good to be true, but it’s really that good. Each shout heals 2.3k with traited cooldowns of 20, 20, 25, and 30 sec. That’s an average of almost 10k HP burst heals about every 25 seconds, mathematically. What other class can heal their entire team for almost 10k HP in such short time frames? No other class can, and that’s what makes warrior support unique, offering something that other classes cannot achieve.

Yes, Warriors burning is indeed 10 seconds duration, with +2 seconds per auto attack through the fire field, in a giant AoE, plus bow #2 deals 6 seconds of burning when used in melee range. It’s not an exaggeration. It’s just the real mechanics of the build.

Yes, this build indeed has the shortest cooldown stunbreaker in the entire game: 20 seconds, which by the way removes 2 conditions in this build also, AND you have access to this skill twice. Again, no exaggeration. It is what it is.

The build’s self survival is indeed strong, with 600 HP pulsing every second (more under certain circumstances like when Dogged March is active). Like someone previously said, the condition removal in this build is “overkill”.

There are many tools in this build that keep the warrior healthy and alive, to allow him to provide burst heals and boons for his teammates while whittling down opponents through AoE conditions.

And it’s just really fun to play because its not just a regular condition build; it’s well-rounded and tailored around being a good team fighter and having strong map presence. Try it out. Feedback is welcome.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

zone.1073

but what do you really do?

I don’t have any new video footage of the build I’m using now, but this video is an old version of the build. No cleansing ire, no healing signet, no buffs to shout healing, etc. But it gives you an idea of what the build is capable of doing.

The build I linked is 10x better, more streamlined, more damage and survivability, and more team support than the one shown in the video. Enjoy!

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

You know whats bad about this build though? With enough team cleanse (e.g Null Field, Guardians, and SPECIALLY Bunker Warriors) you CAN BE IGNORED. No CC and bleeds are your only source of damage. What do you do other than immobilize people without being able to interrupt? Be a walking HP bar at the highest form of “competitive play” if that even existed?

Warriors exist for their threat level really. But what do you do once people figure out how to ignore that cheesy cancer spec vs. pubs only?

Also he isn’t even using Fear Me. Like seriously? You can save people and set up kills with that shout.

Pub-stomper build/10

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Also when I said bleeds his only source of damage, I meant he has no means to “lock down” someone down with conditions at least with that spec due to how it has no hard CC.

People can cast cleanses even when they’re immobilized you know.

in Warrior

zone.1073

0/10/30/30/0 is better so you can take 50% bleed duration. 30 in defense gives you the option to take stability, or retal.

I ran 50% bleed duration for many months. It’s fine, except that I value adrenaline more, and 5 second weapon swap CD more. The shouts fuel me with constant adrenaline, which translates to stronger damage, more condition cleansing, and more healing.

in Warrior

zone.1073

What do you do other than immobilize people without being able to interrupt?

I know the notion of warrior support is mind-blowing, yes, but I encourage you to try out the build for yourself and see.

The worst thing an enemy team can do is ignore you, because this build’s AoE condition pressure is crazy in team fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Introp.8465

Introp.8465

only shout build that has worked for me so far is http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBMhdO1IpTzbyjxDTcA5oAAXClC7oOSPED2YAB-TwAg0CnIySllLLTWyssZNKZVw+jJEA
But oh boy i fell in love with it.
swiftness and vigor for team,
permanent fury, swiftness
random boon on condi transfer with warhorn
sword+ horn very good for chasing and escaping, sword auto and 2 immbos, 3 does around 4,5 – 5k crit on heavy armor
eviscerate main burst, axe 3 immob, mace 5 good for chasing or retreating ( quickly turn around and knockback)

You can cleanse ~7 conditions every 25s ( 2 of them converting into boons). 3 stun breakers
When i played this build, thiefs simply ran away from me. You have 3-4 dodges with vigor, they cant hit you from stealth + decent damage ( and 26k hp)

Try it out sometimes

in Warrior

zone.1073

^ Warhorn pretty much makes the warrior immune to conditions in combination with all the other condi removals in that build. It’s like having berserker stance on permanently.

I used to play with warhorn a lot until the recent buff to offhand sword (torment).

in Warrior

zone.1073

Just don’t want to make you upset but I believe the idea of your build was already been published by Tarcis like a year ago or more distant…

Yes, that’s why I stated this:

The build has always existed in the past, but it got stronger due to ArenaNet’s buff to the burn duration on longbow burst, plus the buffs to passive stat conversion traits, buffs to shout healing, and favorable moving around of traits to fit in everything perfectly.

Just want to shine the spotlight once again on this build, because it’s incredibly good now.

in Warrior

wads.5730

i’ve been running a more direct damage variant of this build for a couple months now , and its funny, all people do is call you bad right after you completely destroy them, its really funny.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

i’ve been running a more direct damage variant of this build for a couple months now , and its funny, all people do is call you bad right after you completely destroy them, its really funny.

I’ve only used shouts on my warrior since I started playing, and I have to admit it’s kind of hilarious when you fight condi heavy classes, especially when running the 4 shout build. They try to pile on so many condis at once, and like magic they’re suddenly gone!

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Ok, so I have a lot of reservations about this build, but maybe I’ll give it a go tonight, it’s been awhile since I ran shouts. My biggest concerns are the lack of down-state management, and that the condi damage won’t be enough pressure in team fights.

Here’s a question for you though: Does this work in a tpvp and setting, and if so what kind of team would you run with it? Are you taking the place of a bunk guardian?

in Warrior

wads.5730

would never run this in a tpvp setting, it’s for fun, dueling, and stomping hj

in Warrior

zone.1073

I am MMR rank 12 on leaderboards, and it’s very effective still. Try it out!

in Warrior

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’m gonna try this build out at some point. I guess this would be best used as a mid fight support build or maybe a far point decapper depending on enemy comp.

in Warrior

zone.1073

Here’s a question for you though: Does this work in a tpvp and setting, and if so what kind of team would you run with it? Are you taking the place of a bunk guardian?

You play it the same way you’d play an ele, or a necro.

You’re just a hard body. People smash their faces into you like a brick wall, and you kill them instead, and you heal up your allies. Your allies don’t have to worry about “peeling” for you or defending you like a necro would require. Instead, you do whatever the heII you feel like doing, and nothing can stop you in team fights.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

I’ve been running a similar LB/SS build for PVP for 2-3 months now. It’s something I discovered on my own from theory crafting stuff. For me, it’s way better than the hambow build and it’s great to see that you’re successful with it. I use Fear Me and my build is slightly more on the offensive side.

I’d like to know your experience vs hambow warriors with berserker’s stance. Or opponents with lots of condi cleansing that remove our bleeds, burns and torment.

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in Warrior

zone.1073

I’ve been running a similar LB/SS build for PVP for 2-3 months now. It’s something I discovered on my own from theory crafting stuff. For me, it’s way better than the hambow build and it’s great to see that you’re successful with it. I use Fear Me and my build is slightly more on the offensive side.

I’d like to know your experience vs hambow warriors with berserker’s stance. Or opponents with lots of condi cleansing that remove our bleeds, burns and torment.

In arenas, the most difficult opponents for me are engineers (yes, not even diamond skin eles or other warriors can stand up to this build). The classes that give the most trouble are the ones that have multiple small condition cleansing skills, as opposed to huge cooldown ones like warrior’s berserker stance (not really a cleanse but similar in effect).

I have never, not once, ever lost to a hambow warrior in a 1v1 situation. Ever. Mathematically, it is extremely difficult for a hambow warrior to beat this build, and it’s partially why I run this build in arenas: it’s because I know I am guaranteed to have good match-ups vs many types of opponents, such as the ever popular hambow warrior.

4 shouts that heal and remove conditions, 20 second CD stunbreaker (the shortest CD stun breaker in the entire game), plus a 2nd stunbreaker from trait. To me, the math of this build just screams anti-hambow.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I play hambow warrior and I’ve been running into this build a lot lately. I disagree that the condition pressure is comparable to necro but I have found that it is indeed a very difficult matchup 1v1 for hambow. I’ve noticed that in team fights or 2v2s/3v3s that this type of warrior is somewhat easier to train down than most other warriors because of the lack of personal stability. This build carries no hard CC only soft CC in the form of immob and its damage isn’t as spiky and cleavy as hambow so it brings less for downed state management and without personal stability it has some trouble getting stomps and resses.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

In arenas, the most difficult opponents for me are engineers (yes, not even diamond skin eles or other warriors can stand up to this build). The classes that give the most trouble are the ones that have multiple small condition cleansing skills, as opposed to huge cooldown ones like warrior’s berserker stance (not really a cleanse but similar in effect).

I have never, not once, ever lost to a hambow warrior in a 1v1 situation. Ever. Mathematically, it is extremely difficult for a hambow warrior to beat this build, and it’s partially why I run this build in arenas: it’s because I know I am guaranteed to have good match-ups vs many types of opponents, such as the ever popular hambow warrior.

4 shouts that heal and remove conditions, 20 second CD stunbreaker (the shortest CD stun breaker in the entire game), plus a 2nd stunbreaker from trait. To me, the math of this build just screams anti-hambow.

Indeed, engies are a pain. I know people always attack warriors for having the healing signet but engies’ medical kit seem far more superior. They are a pain for most classes except thieves who can take them out rather quickly.

Most hambow players are copy-paste, flavor of the month types and when I explain this alternative, I don’t think they get it.

I really enjoy the DOT attacks this build delivers. In a 1v1 situation, I try to sustain long enough for them to be on condi cleanse CD. It’s also pretty awesome for roaming in wvw.

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in Warrior

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

The only real “problem” with this build is the fact that some classes have temporary or permanent condition immunity. While you can play around the first, by playing defensively, it is very frustrating to go up against the latter.

in Warrior

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Ok – I have played the EXACT spec that the OP has given us both in Yolo QQ and team queue. So to those of you who wish to piecemeal it to death…have you tried it? C’mon now me and the OP can’t be the only ones now can we? Actually I know this is not the case….

Oh noes I have no stability…..boo hoo….know this builds role! Stability truly means nothing as you are a force multiplier. It is best being a group support machine.

Or is it?

Oh noes some classes have temp condi immunity….know this, if you see this spec running towards you….run away! If you are a decap engi so be it. I’ll leave you to your solo masturbation because I know these 2 specs should never meet in a 1v1. You do nothing but ensure that your team is down a man while you hump that point.

I’ll leave it up to everyone to test this spec out. I only know what my experience was…and oh my was it enjoyable.

Thank you Zone!

I dared to try it now will the rest of you?

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I play a healing shout Hambow with zerk jewel and soldier runes. Works pretty kitten well even if I am only using 2 shouts..

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Shhh Julie…..people like big numbers! Surely a spec such as this is BAD to play!

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Shhh Julie…..people like big numbers! Surely a spec such as this is BAD to play!

I know, my numbers really suck when I have 15 to 20 stacks of might on me at all times.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

zone.1073

The only real “problem” with this build is the fact that some classes have temporary or permanent condition immunity. While you can play around the first, by playing defensively, it is very frustrating to go up against the latter.

The counter to diamond skin is this: combustive shot, stand around and auto attack with longbow, land your #3. Done. They are below 90%. This build has a surprising amount of power stat, so your basic attacks and direct damage skills actually do damage, too.

Engineers with immunity at low HP are a non factor in arenas. They sacrifice so much to get that one trait. It makes them useless. Just focus on capping a point instead of chasing the low HP engineer, and you’re golden.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

this is your build? this been around since the launch of gw2 LOL and i see u brag about your leaderboard standing when i look you up your top 100 only in soloQ with 40+ games 0_0. anyways i know someone who uses this from the beggining and been his only build the mercy goddess. a lil diff. than your build he’s build better, he use diff amulet and some sigil.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Warrior

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

This is the build: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-so-FF;0NK-O0Y4JL-60;9;6OTE;418-16B3;0T-V6a;1ZF18ZF189cB

If you want to use WoW as an analogy, this build is the love child between a support druid and death knight, on steroids. I may get into the details later, but this is an extremely powerful build in pvp due to its mixture of strong team healing support plus strong condition pressure.

I believe I spectated someone running this build yesterday or today. I think they were doing pretty well with it, because I remember watching them for quite a while.

in Warrior

zone.1073

It looks like this build is getting quite popular, even among the devs…!

I have 1 of each class, just to keep tabs on how they feel in general.

But if I’m actually trying to hold my own, I run:

• Sword/Sword + Bow Warrior
  • Hambow (to keep tabs on how it feels in the meta)
  • Various Necros
  • Various Guardians
  • Various Mesmers
  • On internal servers, been playing around with a few new Ranger specs

I don’t get as much time to play as I used to, but when I do play, those are the specs I gravitate towards.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

my build moar stronk! from my experience generally about this kind of builds:

cons:
- zerker thieves / warriors can kill you.
- very bad at zerg vs zerg.
- no stability (your build is even without fear me – how do you finish anyone?)

pros:
- unmatched lasting power in smallscale fighting.
- despite being almost full tank – condi pressure is actually decent
- mobility is good

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

zone.1073

Just don’t want to make you upset but I believe the idea of your build was already been published by Tarcis like a year ago or more distant…

Anas Tarcis is a very popular, trend-setting player who also isn’t afraid to experiment with new builds and new ideas. While Tarcis’ builds tend to be put in the spotlight more due to his popularity, I am more in the background tinkering with odd builds. So, while everyone runs variations of Tarcis’ builds, don’t underestimate the effectiveness of my builds just because it’s not popular (…yet). :-)

When Tarcis popularized the use of longbow in competitive PvP a year ago, I was already running longbow but with, of course, an odd build:

(PvP VIDEO) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1DQ0cflow

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

I tend to 1v1 a lot with buddies to test out new builds and this one made them all rage, I switched out FGJ for DS since I can’t stand not having stability but otherwise I was keeping up in damage easily and didn’t even really have to dodge roll conditanks op. I know you label it as a “support” build but really I wasn’t helping people much even when I saved my shouts for other people I didn’t help them much.

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

zone.1073

I tend to 1v1 a lot with buddies to test out new builds and this one made them all rage, I switched out FGJ for DS since I can’t stand not having stability but otherwise I was keeping up in damage easily and didn’t even really have to dodge roll conditanks op. I know you label it as a “support” build but really I wasn’t helping people much even when I saved my shouts for other people I didn’t help them much.

I find it tolerable not to have personal stability, because I’m ok with having a guardian giving me stability, or a thief setting up a blinding field for an easy execution. Giving up 1 out of your 4 shouts is basically a 25% reduction in effectiveness of the shouts build.

This build might become slightly OP with the addition of the new traits in the upcoming patch, though. The new defense grandmaster trait will give 1000 toughness on stunbreak for 4 seconds; this build has access to the shortest cooldown stunbreaker in the entire game, twice….TWICE. That’s going to be absurd. That’s basically two free Endure Pains, without actually having to sacrifice traits or utilities to get Endure Pain, plus the added toughness will scale with stat conversion traits/runes. Also, the addition of confusion options is going to boost not only this build, but condition builds on all classes.

If the nerfs to longbow are significant, I may trade out longbow and pick up mace/shield, in addition to sword/sword for the confusion interrupts. Perhaps I may even modify the traits to include the confusion interrupt trait, which will give 9 total confusion stacks when interrupting a target, with confusion runes on. This is definitely going to be a more powerful, bloodier build no matter which way the build goes.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

Posted by: Celeste Lightblade.9253

Celeste Lightblade.9253

You are saying you deal massive condition dmg to your target but to be honest it’s most of the time just your AA. Ofc if the opponent stays still you will stack up easily 12-15 stacks of bleeding but I guess we are talking about tPvP. There will be no1 trying to walk straight backwards. every1 will strafe, port, block w/e. So you will be able to deal let’s say… 6-7 stacks of bleeding constantly (if it were to go as planned). Those stacks aren’t a lot of dmg.
Now you may say: LB #5, F1, #3 for burning, immo + instant 6 stacks of bleeding do deal a lot of dmg. And yes they do. but that is most likely the only “condition-burst” combo the warrior has every 25(!!!) seconds. Unless you aren’t able to CC them for at least 5-6 seconds after applying all conditions you’re condi-build is rather useless and doesn’t pressure the enemy at all.
Nevertheless you heal your teammates for alot but in the current meta this build has no place. You can run it in HJ or in 1 vs 1 games if you want to troll.
But for trolling you should use the 20,10,20,0,20 build with m/s + LB. You can easily CC the enemy for 7 secs just with stuns and fear (using Fear me for maximum troll).
But well in the end everybody should play w/e he/she likes best^^

Raphael Van Dona
Member of Snow Crows [SC]

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Nice build, even if I won’t touch it with a ten foot pole.

Too toxic.XD

You know our class has a problem when the easiest builds are overpowered while the hardest ones are useless.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

zone.1073

^^

In case you were confused, the damage from this build is mainly from burning and torment, while the bleeds from swords are bursty due to their short durations; I rarely auto attack with sword, as I’d rather just switch to bow and put on an instant 6 second burn on the target with fan of fire. Glass cannon berserker classes do burst attacks of 3k-5k crits, yes? That’s considered strong damage, yes? My build’s burning ticks do almost 700 damage per tick, and if you play well, you can keep your opponent permanently burning. Just from a theoretical viewpoint, you can already see the damage potential of this build.

10 seconds of burning from combustive shot, plus 6 seconds of burning from melee range fan of fire, and each autoattack from longbow = 2 seconds of burning through a fire field.

You can theorycraft all you want, but the results speak for themselves. Play some tournament PvP and you’ll most likely run into this build due to its consistent, no flashy no nonsense, straightforward kill machine + support potential.

(edited by zone.1073)