Improving Arms (traits)

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

Hey,

I want to say that my ideas can maybe a bit too strong, but I think that it can help with creating more builds in at least PvE. There are 2 traits I think can be changed so that GS will be a bit weaker with the 6/5/0/0/3 build and that dual wield will become a bit stronger and maybe main hand mace will become viable in PvE.

Forceful Greatsword
My first idea is to split this trait in two. The might gain on critical hit will be moved to the grandmaster traits and will count for all weapons. With this GS users will be forced to take 6 in arms and will lose faster swap on weapons. The trait in master will keep the reduced recharge and will get an small bonus like the other traits with reduced recharge on weapon skills. I don’t know which bonus we can give it, but I think even without GS will still be strong enough.
Two problems I can imagine is that axe main and axe of hand will become too strong. The axe is the fastest attack weapon and will get more might than any other weapon, this may make the axe too strong compared to the other weapons.
The second problem comes with Whirling Axe. This skill has 15 attacks and it will be possible to create a great stack of might. I don’t think that many people will be against it, because it has little use anywhere else in PvE other than generating adrenaline. My concern is that it gets too strong.
With this change (dual) axe will benefit most of it and the GS will be nerved slightly.

Dual Wield Agility
This is the second trait i want to change. 6 points in arms is a bit too much for this traits in arms. There is an large topic on the subject in the forum for arguing that this trait is terrible. I don’t agree 100% with them, but i think it will work better in the master traits. I tested this trait with mace as main hand weapon and I think with this trait in master that mace will become more viable in PvE, because you can create a build like this 6/4/4/0/0. I think this can be a great build. You lose the 10% damage against bleeding foes, but get a 15% increase against weakened foes.
With the change of moving this trait to master 2 weapons will increase most of it and are axe and mace. The change to axe will be minimal, but the change will be great for the mace. I doubt any weapon will get too strong with this change. The most important thing for this change is that mace will become viable in PvE and maybe in other game modes.

I hope you don’t mind my English and that we can discus about this.

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I dont like your ideas. But I have a solution for you.

superior sigil of strength. It’s currently very under valued but from my testing you can maintain 25 stacks of might with this sigil and sigil of battle with signet of rage and for great justice. Without a great sword.

Sigil of strength is very good. A lot of people have not picked up on how good it is yet.

DWA I had my own thread about this. I pretty much figured out that it was good on paper and good on test golems, but in practice outside of theoretcal scenarios it didn’t live up to the same potential it showed in tests and on paper.

So I think its slightly over valued with a high point investment makes it not really much better if better at all over less expensive traits.

Maces issue is the slow AA and the long CD of tremor.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

God no. I wouldn’t even want to play anymore if that happened to forceful greatsword… what on earth? There’s nothing wrong with people using 65003. It’s not even the absolute best for DPS — 66002 is. The times that you want 65003 are when you need fast hands or if you prefer more fluid gameplay.

Your suggestion would murder GS, ugh. Axe doesn’t need more of a buff, as it’s already the best autoattack weapon for a warrior. Mace MH is niche and I agree it’s crap in PvE, but it still wouldn’t be worth using unless it dealt the most damage. It does have an extra block, but sword OH’s block is so much more reliable and easier to work with that it’s basically always better to work with that instead. There’s not many situations in this game in which you’d really need more than sword OH’s block unless you’re practicing soloing some pretty obscure stuff. Is that what you had in mind?

Other than that, you simply want the best damage so unless mace were to get buffed to deal more over time than axe, it still wouldn’t replace it :P

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

I must admit i never thought about 0/4/6/0/2. It true that it would ruin that build.
It’s true the axe don’t need an buff, but I don’t think nerving the GS slightly is that terrible. It is still the most used weapon that I see on warriors.
AA mace is slow, but with dual wield agility it is faster. Because it benefit most of the increased attack speed than any other weapon.

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

you should change title to “Destroying Arms” or “Nerf GS”.

because i dont see the improvement you are talking about, nerfing things so other things become viable is not a proper logic.

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

There are currently four decent builds for warriors as of the feature patch, why do you feel there isn’t enough diversity when it’s the most we’ve ever had?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Hell no, I will prefer change DWA into Weapon Agility: 10% faster on all weapon, +5% when dual wielding.

When you trait into arms 6, you have to sacrifice a lot but if it works for all weapons, there maybe more build diversity that aim for a more fluid skill use by sacrifice a bit damage or defense.

Currently the skill is very niche as too little build have both weapon set dual wielding, so as a grand master skill, it usually only benefit 50% of your weapon set. The sacrifice is far beyond the gain at the moment.

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Arms save a couple of crappy traits is a decent tree and is well balanced as it is.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Improving Arms (traits)

in Warrior

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I thought this was gonna be about un-stealth nerfing Furious, and maybe giving a buff to Blademaster, guess I was wrong.